carb blocker supplement?

1. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    35.67%

carb blocker supplement?

has anyone one tried these? do they work? or is it just bull****?

2. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    35.67%

anyone?
  3. Board Sponsor
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    92.12%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

I have actually looked into a product/indredient called Phase II to sell, and it does appear that they have some clinical studies showing it can absorb a decent amount of carbs and pass them through the body.

I personally have never used one, nor have seen a review of anyone using one, so I am sorry, but I cannot comment on if it would be effective or not.
    •   

4. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    84.44%

I know a couple of people that tried some. Most of them said it gave them the craps and a few said they could eat a lot more on cheat days. I have never tried them so thats all I know.
  5. Board Sponsor
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    92.12%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

In the first study, starch absorption averaged 57 percent lower in the group taking Phaseolamin 2250® , compared to the group on placebo. "This indicates very little of the glucose from the starch in the bread was absorbed when co-ingested with Phaseolamin 2250® , and the glucose was cleared very rapidly," daid researcher Joseph A. Vinson, Ph.D., University of Scranton. The study included 10 subjects (five males and five females). After an overnight fast, the participants were sampled for blood and given in a random fashion either a placebo consisting of four slices of white bread (60 g carbohydrate), 42 g soybean oil margarine and 4 g Sweet N' Low spread on the bread, or the placebo plus 1.5 g Phaseolamin 2250® . Plasma glucose was measured from blood drawn at baseline and every 30 minutes for four hours.

The second study involved 60 human volunteers (both males and females) ranging from ages 20 to 45. They were selected based on being anywhere from 5

to 15kg overweight for at least 6 months. Participants in the 30-day, double-blind study lost an average of 6.45 lbs. When they consumed Phaseolamin 2250® . Participants on the placebo lost less than one pound, on average. In addition, participants on Phaseolamin 2250® lost 10.45percent of fat body mass, 1.39 percent in hipcircumference, 1.44 percent in thigh circumference and 3.44 percent in waist circumference. These losseswere experienced without any loss of lean body mass.
  6. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    35.67%

sounds good. good info, I think Ill give it a try, Has anyone out there tried it
  7. Board Supporter
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    88.01%

Quote Originally Posted by wituckius
    Did you mean something like R-ALA?
  8. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    23.57%

My gf bought some Phase 2 recently. She read about it in one of her women's fitness mags. When I receive some feedback from her I will post it. If anyone has anymore info. it would be appreciated.
  9. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    35.67%

cool, keep me updated
  10. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'1"  272 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    71.98%

i tried to upload this link but it wouldn't work so i'll just copy & paste it.

it's a proteinpowder made by a local supp. company here. i haven't tried it yet but as soon as i need more i will.

i know a few people who don't use anything else.

Jag

MAX'S HydroxyPhase +

Hydroxy Citric Acid – Inhibits conversion of carbs to fat
    Phaseolamin – Inhibits carb digestion
    Forskolin – Accelerates fat burning
    Bio-engineered Whey Protein Isolate
    Ultra Low Fat & Ultra Low Fat
    Powerful Fat Metabolisers
    MAX’S Hydroxy-Phase+ provides the very latest natural technology in the war against fat! This advanced formula combines 2 new weapons – Hydroxy Citric Acid and Phaseolamin that work by inhibiting the uptake and conversion of carbohydrates to fat – one of the main causes of body fat. By combining them with other proven fat mobilising agents and MAX’S exclusive bio-engineered and instantised Whey Protein Isolate – you’ve got one powerful formula for a leaner, stronger and more muscular body.

How Does MAX’S Hydroxy-Phase+ Work?

Many modern athlete and trainers have discovered the effectiveness of following a low carbohydrate diet for stripping body fat and attaining a hard muscular condition. Low carb eating forces your body to burn fat as a primary energy source – meaning you get leaner faster, and without having to starve yourself. Science has recently discovered several naturally occurring nutrients that enhance the effect of low carb diets. Two in particular, Phaseolamin and Hydroxy Citric Acid dramatically effect carbohydrate metabolism.

Phaseolamin
    Phaseolus Vulgaris is an extract from white kidney beans. The active ingredient, Phaseolamin works to block the action of the body's alpha-amylase enzymes in the digestive tract. This results in less starch breakdown, therefore, less carb absorption into the body. The purified Phaseolamin used in MAX’S HP+ is very potent, blocking a significant number of carbohydrate calories per serve with an effective time of several hours in your system.

Hydroxy Citric Acid

HCA is a very potent natural substance derived from the rind of the rare Asian fruit Garcinia Cambogia. When foods are eaten, carbohydrates are digested and broken down into glucose, the special blood sugar the body uses for energy. Glucose not immediately used for energy is stored in the muscles as glycogen. When your glycogen stores become full, excess glucose is converted into fat, cellulite and cholesterol by an enzyme called ATP-citrate lyase. Hydroxy Citric Acid (HCA) prevents the body from storing excess carbohydrates as fat or cellulite by inhibiting this enzyme. Studies have shown that HCA can reduce fatty acid synthesis by 40-70% for 8-12 hours following a meal.

MAX’S HP+ also contains a range of specific nutrients designed to stimulate thermogenic activity (fat burning), a state of increased metabolic activity that increases the rate of fat burning in muscle cells - promoting accelerated fat loss. The role of these nutrients in this advanced formula include:

Advanced formula include:

Coleus Forskohlii. Coleus Forskohlii is a plant found in central India. Its major active ingredient forskolin acts to increase the amount of cyclic AMP (adenosine monophosphate) in cells by activating an enzyme called adenylate cyclase. Cyclic AMP (cAMP) is one of the most important secondary messengers in the cell. The breakdown of fat for fuel (lipolysis) is actually regulated by cAMP. Forskolin has been shown to not only enhance lipolysis but it may also inhibit fat storage from occurring. This is very good news for individuals trying to lose bodyfat and get lean. Another way that forskolin helps fat loss to occur is by stimulating thyroid hormone production and release. Thyroid hormone controls metabolism and can enhance metabolic rate, which translates into more fat loss.

Guarana – a natural source of caffeine that stimulates fat mobilisation and increases muscle and brown fat cell metabolism to accelerate fat burning. Guarana also suppresses appetite – a great help to athletes reducing caloric intake to ‘cut up’.

L-Carnitine – a relation to the amino acid family, is one of natures most powerful fat mobilisers. L-Carnitine works by transporting fatty acids across the muscle cell membrane into the cell mitochondria, the muscle cell’s engine room! The result, you burn fat and generate more energy!

Conjugated Linoleic Acid (CLA) – a new breed of nutrient that has a significant impact on improving the efficiency of fat metabolism and increasing lean body mass.

Chromium Picolinate – recognised as a potent anabolic agent which helps regulate insulin metabolism and increase amino acid uptake of muscle, while promoting accelerated fat metabolism. Lean muscle is increased while body fat is reduced.

Choline Inositol – together these compounds work to emulsify dietary and blood fats, keeping them available to burn for energy, rather than depositing these fats in body fat cells. With the action of L-Carnitine, this action is further enhanced.

Combined with these powerful fat burning nutrients, MAX’S HP+ also provides lean muscle building nutrients:

Bioengineered Whey Protein Isolate – MAX’S exclusive blend of pure Ion Exchange Whey and enzyme pre-digested Whey Protein Isolate, to provide nature’s most bioavailable protein. When combine with a high intensity training system, this fantastic protein blend has been shown to provide the greatest anabolic response of all proteins.

L-Glutamine – the most important amino acid after heavy training, it prevents muscle tissue catabolism and stimulates muscle recovery and growth, essential for lean, hard muscle.

Vitamins and Minerals – these micronutrients are vital components of all muscle building biochemistry and are included to ensure maximum potency and thermogenic activity of this formula

Directions: Add 2 - 3 heaped scoops to 500ml of skim milk or 300ml cold water and mix in a shaker or blender. Take 1 – 2 serves per day in addition to, or to replace regular meals to build a lean, muscular physique and strip body fat!

Ingredients: Ionised Whey Protein Isolate, Hydrolysed Whey Protein Isolate, Guar Gum, Xanthan Gum, Hydroxy Citric Acid, L-Carnitine, L-Glutamine, Guarana, Phaseolamin, Conjugated Linoleic Acid, Forskolin, Choline Bitartrate, Inositol, Vitamin C, Vitamin A (Beta Carotene), Vitamin B5 (Ca Pantothenate), Vitamin B6 (Pyridoxine HCl), Vitamin B12 (Cyanocobalamin), Biotin, Chromium Picolinate, Vitamin D3, Folic Acid, Acesulphame K, Natural Flavour,

Nutritional Information:

Per Serve
    Per Serve
    Per 100g

In Water
    with 500 ml

(30g)
    Skim Milk

PROTEIN
    27g
    47g
    90g

CARBOHYDRATE TOTAL
    0.1g
    30g
    0.2g

SUGARS
    0.1g
    30g
    0.2g

FAT
    0.2g
    2g
    0.5g

ENERGY
    490kj
    1610kj
    1630kj

AMINO ACIDS

*L-Leucine
    3.2g
    6.3g
    10.7g

*L-Isoleucine
    1.5g
    3.3g
    4.8g

*L-Valine
    1.4g
    3.2g
    4.6g

*L-Lysine
    2.3g
    4.4g
    7.7g

*L-Phenylalanine
    1.0g
    2.3g
    3.2g

*L-Methionine
    0.6g
    1.5g
    2.1g

*L-Threonine
    1.3g
    2.4g
    4.3g

*L-Tryptophan
    0.6g
    0.9g
    2.0g

L-Tyrosine
    1.0g
    2.5g
    3.3g

L-Aspartic Acid
    2.7g
    5.0g
    9.0g

L-Glutamine
    1.0g
    1.6g
    3.3g

L-Histidine
    0.5g
    1.5g
    1.7g

Glycine
    0.5g
    1.1g
    1.5g

L-Arginine
    0.6g
    1.9g
    2.1g

L-Cysteine
    0.9g
    1.0g
    3.0g

L-Alanine
    1.5g
    2.4g
    4.9g

L-Glutamic Acid
    4.0g
    10.9g
    13.3g

L-Serine
    0.9g
    2.6g
    2.9g

L-Proline
    1.3g
    4.6g
    4.2g

L-Taurine
    0.5g
    0.6g
    1.7g

(* - Essential Amino Acids)

VITAMINS

Vitamin C
    5.4mg
    8mg
    18mg

Beta Carotene (Vitamin A)
    125mcg
    127mcg
    415mcgmg

Vitamin B1 (Thiamin HCl)
    1mg
    2mg
    2mg

Vitamin B2 (Riboflavin)
    2mg
    5mg
    7mg

B3 (Niacinamide)
    3mg
    5mg
    9mg

B5 (Ca Pantothanate)
    2mg
    3mg
    6mg

B6 (Pyridoxine HCl)
    1mg
    2mg
    3mg

B12 (Cyanocabalamin)
    1mcg
    1.5mcg
    3mcg

Biotin
    7mcg
    17mcg
    22mcg

Vitamin D3
    5mcg
    12mcg
    18mcg

MINERALS

Sodium
    119mg
    388mg
    396mg

Magnesium
    18mg
    68mg
    60mg

Zinc
    2mg
    6mg
    5mg

Iron
    2mg
    8mg
    6mg

Potassium
    198mg
    794mg
    661mg

Calcium
    214mg
    821mg
    712mg

Phosphorous
    170mg
    614mg
    565mg

Phaseolamin
    200mg
    200mg
    667mg

Hydroxy Citric Acid
    200mg
    200mg
    667mg

Forskolin
    10mg
    10mg
    33mg
  11. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    5.37%

Quote Originally Posted by wituckius
    I got some NOW Phase II about 3 weeks ago and have been using it with evening meals on non-workout days.

So far, tough to tell whether it's doing what NOW claims, but I haven't seen any negative side effects.
  12. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    71.15%

Smile

" Carb Shuttle " is excellent. I have only seen it in one place: "Wholesale General Supplements" Could be slightlly wrong with the name. In Houston, it is on Richmond right before Fountainview. It is on the left as you travel west on Richmond. It has R-Alpha Lipoic Acid in it, plus a white bean extract. It is very good.

Quote Originally Posted by labrad
    My gf bought some Phase 2 recently. She read about it in one of her women's fitness mags. When I receive some feedback from her I will post it. If anyone has anymore info. it would be appreciated.
  13. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    86.29%

why not just try something easy like vinegar and limon juice....

J
  14. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    0.71%

I don't have any scientific data, but I did try this stuff
    http://www.1fast400.com/?products_id=884

It worked for me on vacation. I ate baguettes and kebabs galore and drank plenty of wine and beer. Didn't pack on any fat and when I went to 3 doses a day I actually got lost more on my waistline than I had before vacation. It did give me "the craps" though. Kind of hurts your stomach a little too. I wondered a few times if I was doing myself wrong internally by using it. Anyways, it seems to be effective.
  15. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    35.67%

thanks for the info guys, my diet has been slackn alittle for the past 2 weeks. i think Ill go pick up a bottle tommorow. any more info would be great.
  16. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    60.03%

I have been using HCA (750mg) caps by "NOW" with every carb meal for the past month...i find that it has been really working...Mind you my diet is pretty clean (but not always) and i have been losing steadily 2.5lbs per week. Its really great stuff and I would totally recommend it. It was the secret ingreadent in the old Hydroxycut other than the ephedra/caffeine...and that stuff really worked well.
  17. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'1"  272 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    71.98%

Blindfaith

i read somewhere a while ago about HCA & the summary for best results was to take it BEFORE a meal as it works better when it is already present in your body.

have you tried this?

Jag
  18. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    60.03%

i have read that it is good to take before and after a meal...Studies have shown that HCA can reduce fatty acid synthesis by 40-70% for 8-12 hours following a meal. So really i dont think it matters when you take the stuff. Ive been told to take it before and after...but seriously that will just end up costing me an arm and a leg. So i just take it after.

Similar Forum Threads

1. carb blockers
    By TexasLifter89 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 10-29-2008, 05:26 PM
  2. N E 1 recommend a Carb Blocker
    By Marcus ATW in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-29-2008, 03:34 PM
  3. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-30-2008, 02:24 PM
  4. Carb Blocker