Creatine & Nausea ??

CrazyBassGuy

Awards
Hey Guys,

Now I have been using basic creatine monohydrate powder for a couple of years now. Only in the last few months its started making me feel properly sick about an hour after taking it.

I just dissolve it in warm water or sometimes coffee (only because it dissolves better in boiling water and coffee tastes good)

I don;t have the same reaction if I drink a mass gaining shake with creatine in it (i use USN Muscle Fuel Anabolic) only get this reaction with the monohydrate powder......

Now its not usually a problem because I get all my creatine from the USN shake, but when I try to lean out for the summer I will want to go back to using the monohydrate powder.

Anyone else get this? or got any ideas why ?

Cheers

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Take Alpha Lipoic Acid with your creatine to help deliver it to muscle cells. Some form of simple sugar is usually a good idea also.

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
use Creapure, universal nutrition uses it.

CrazyBassGuy

Awards
Cheers guys,

How much Alpha Lipoic Acid do you take? I have found 100mg 250mg and 600mg caps on the web. That's quite a difference!

I will give Creapure I go. I currently have some Holland & Barratt own brand stuff (although i had been using it without issue for quite some time before it started making me feel crappy)

Does creatine monohydrate go off? Stored in a cool dark place.......

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Cheers guys,

How much Alpha Lipoic Acid do you take? I have found 100mg 250mg and 600mg caps on the web. That's quite a difference!

I will give Creapure I go. I currently have some Holland & Barratt own brand stuff (although i had been using it without issue for quite some time before it started making me feel crappy)

With regular ALA you are only getting half the dose as the R-isomer. So a 200mg is basically 100mg in terms of effectiveness. I'd take 1 600, or 2 250's 10-15 mins before you take the creatine and mix it with OJ, or gatorade.

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Cheers guys,

yes, give creapure a try i usually get the one from universal nutrition and its very cheap.

im guessing the possibility of your side effect coming from impure creatine mono, so Creapure is worth a shot.