Monster Energy Drinks

Clickster

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I love these things. Does anyone else drink them? I don't need someone preaching me to me about what they think about the ingredients or how 'bad' it is for you.

I was just curious does anyone else here drink these and like them? I am really liking a lot of the ones from Monster. They seem to be my favorite. I like the Java versions too.

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
not a fan of energy drinks at all...not because of the taste which i like or because they are bad for you but more because they don't do anything for me, no energy, no focus, nothing, rather slam some room temperature coffee

Clickster

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
not a fan of energy drinks at all...not because of the taste which i like or because they are bad for you but more because they don't do anything for me, no energy, no focus, nothing, rather slam some room temperature coffee
Yeah, I know some who say it does nothing for them at all. Fortunately, it does do something for me. If it doesn't, I have myself believing it does for sure. haha.

Thanks for the input bud.

tims2002gt

Awards
I usually drink 1 16oz can every day. I prefer the green one over the rest though.

Clickster

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I usually drink 1 16oz can every day. I prefer the green one over the rest though.
That is the exact same as me. I drink 1 16oz can every day. I like a lot of them. Not sure which is my favorite.

tims2002gt

Awards
A buddy of mine swears by Monster Khaos, but I haven't tried it yet.

jherman08

jherman08

Awards
  • Established
I love rockstar. The taste of it honestly has me addicted. Theres a store
around me that sells 12 pack cases of 1 liter bottles for $12. Pretty insane.
I usually just have them for the craving i get from time to time.

soontobbeast

Awards
  • Established
monster is by far my favorite. i love the taste of the orange,yellow, and red ones. when i drink ( never anymore ) i always use them as mixers

RedneckDB

Awards
I've not been a fan of Monster Energy, the red relentless or just red bull or lucozade alert always did something for me though.

dave12

Awards
  • Established
A buddy of mine swears by Monster Khaos, but I haven't tried it yet.
I lived off this stuff the 2008/2009 holiday trucking season. 5 cans a day plus a microwave burger at Travelcenters of America.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Monster is definitely my favorite as well. I drink the blue one (sugar free) the most, but I still indulge in some of the others from time to time. I think the Chaos one is my favorite overall.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Monster is definitely my favorite as well. I drink the blue one (sugar free) the most, but I still indulge in some of the others from time to time. I think the Chaos one is my favorite overall.
That is Rockstar, you sucker! (Or maybe Monster has a blue one as well.) :trout:

The blue Rockstar "Burner," is my absolute favorite, and quite frankly, tastes good. I love it like a rap kid loves breaks.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
That is Rockstar, you sucker! (Or maybe Monster has a blue one as well.) :trout:

The blue Rockstar "Burner," is my absolute favorite, and quite frankly, tastes good. I love it like a rap kid loves breaks.
Me likes the Rockstar, too. They must both have a bad ass "blue" version. :D

Full throttle by Coke isn't bad either.

methusaleh

methusaleh

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I am a total non-responder to most so-called "energy" drinks, which sucks. Believe me I love the taste, and have tried them all! The only one that always works on me is Redline. Some of the other bottled ones (ABB Speed Shot comes to mind, and the old Ripped Force) work, but only in large amounts.

I have no idea why...does anyone have insight on this?

FNG

FNG

Banned
Awards
The only "Energy Drink" that I ever felt was Endo-Rush. The bottle says it's like 2.5 servings or something... well, I slammed the bottle without a break. The things that you will do when deployed! Every tent-city had Chaos on hand.

jumpshot903

jumpshot903

Awards
  • Established
I actually like NOS to me it actually taste pretty good the tangerine one i think it is the grape one is terrible. But out of all the energy drinks it gives me the most energy i think its the most potent of them all. I also have a place that sells for 1.79 the regular sized cans.

SamBoz19

SamBoz19

Awards
  • Established
Monster is mah shiznit too. :D. I drink the Blue Lo-Carb frequently, but from time to time I like to have some of the others. The best tasting to me is M-80 (the pineapple flavored one and it is also the closest to being an energy juice as it is 80% juice). Khaos is good, but of the Monster Flavors it is 4th in my book. M-80, Lo-Carb, MIXXD, Khaos, Dub Edition,Assault, Heavy Metal, and then the regular Monster are how I rank them as far as the flavors go. However, my personal favorite low carb energy drink is Lost Perfect 10.

Now, on occasion, I will drink the Blue AMP or the Red AMP because they taste pretty good, but I only drink energy drinks with sugar in them when I am having a cheat meal...lol. :lol:. Ok, ok...I am an energy drink addict...I admit it. To list the number of the many different energy drinks I have had in my time would be absurd. :toofunny:

Cheers!:cheers:

SamBoz19

SamBoz19

Awards
  • Established

Your right that RockStar is blue (the Zero Carb Berry Flavor), but the Lo-Carb Monster is Blue too (well at least the M is, the can is black still...lol.).

Cheers!:cheers:

SamBoz19

SamBoz19

Awards
  • Established
Me likes the Rockstar, too. They must both have a bad ass "blue" version. :D

Full throttle by Coke isn't bad either.
Just as an FYI...RockStar and Full Throttle are both made by Coke ;)

Cheers bud!:cheers:

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hm, I once considered myself an energy drink aficionado, but I am shamefully behind the times here.

v4nce

Awards
i worked @ coca colas warehouse and when pepsi bought rockstar the left over rockstars were put in the free drink area... i worked with these people for a year and u know how they work and how they roll lol people were just more awake around our first break and then (since they are free) wed all just grab them drink and go and let me tell u people get crazy...people overly willing to argue yell laugh prank pretty much horseplay sums it up.

to get mad crazy energy drink hype buy 3 cans drink one if your fine down the other half at a time untill u feel pump'd u will piss rockstar lol.... alot

they did the same to monster and everybody just kept drinking them, they realized how much more work gets done when we drank those.

anyway to tell the truth monster only has 80 mg caffiene per 8 ounces same with rockstar

best value is drinking a nos it has i think 130 mg per 8 ounces. (thats 260 a can)

i later found out i feel better just downing a 200 mg pill b4 i go to work... 4-5 bucks at wal mart and b complex vitamins 8 bucks at wal mart; u dont really need the b vitamins tho

i am a rpm user, good stuff for wieght lifting/mma stimulants interest me; but caffiene is what makes everything work imo

monster tastes the best. unleash the best

dave12

Awards
  • Established
i worked @ coca colas warehouse and when pepsi bought rockstar the left over rockstars were put in the free drink area... i worked with these people for a year and u know how they work and how they roll lol people were just more awake around our first break and then (since they are free) wed all just grab them drink and go and let me tell u people get crazy...people overly willing to argue yell laugh prank pretty much horseplay sums it up.

to get mad crazy energy drink hype buy 3 cans drink one if your fine down the other half at a time untill u feel pump'd u will piss rockstar lol.... alot

they did the same to monster and everybody just kept drinking them, they realized how much more work gets done when we drank those.

anyway to tell the truth monster only has 80 mg caffiene per 8 ounces same with rockstar

best value is drinking a nos it has i think 130 mg per 8 ounces. (thats 260 a can)

i later found out i feel better just downing a 200 mg pill b4 i go to work... 4-5 bucks at wal mart and b complex vitamins 8 bucks at wal mart; u dont really need the b vitamins tho

i am a rpm user, good stuff for wieght lifting/mma stimulants interest me; but caffiene is what makes everything work imo

monster tastes the best. unleash the best
This was the most insane thing I've tried to read all day.

Jared

Awards
My favorite, by far, are Celsius energy drinks. They have some really awesome flavors (I like Rasberry Acai Green Tea) and they have pretty good stuff in them as well. I was a fan of the blue Rockstar prior to trying Celsius, but now I am hooked.

Clickster

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I was never much into Rockstar. The Rockstar Roasted's aren't bad. I think the actually juicy flavors are far superior from Monster though. I also like the blue low carb drink from Monster a lot.

rambo679

rambo679

Awards
  • Established
I like Rockstar the best when I go the energy drink route for a few reasons, first is the taste. Second reason is the trace amounts of gingko biloba, ginseng, milk thistle, and inositol allow me to trick myself into thinking I'm drinking something healthy.

Lacradocious

Lacradocious

Awards
  • Established
I love the green Monster. The caffeine content may not be the highest, but it also has Guarana and other ingredients that are synergestic with it. I don't get amped up. It just makes me feel awake and productive. Like it activates my brain or flips the switch on. I had half a Monster before a job interview and aced it. Thanks monster.

UKStrength

Crikey! I wish we had half the choice of energy drinks over here!

I quite like the low carb Rockstar as drink, but again, the stimulant effect is minimal and no bars serve it, the best seen on nights out is sugar free Red Bull.

I prefer just taking a few stim pills, ECA, Geranamine etc. with a strong Java :)

M0S3S

Awards
I love Monster, those guys were nice enough to sponsor my wedding...not a joke. I e-mailed them saying we weren't going to have alcohol at my wedding but we would love to toast with monster. Sure enough they sent 250 cans of green/blue monster to my house and a bunch of monster stickers. Needless to say it is the only energy drink I drink, great company.

Jake Fires

Jake Fires

Awards
  • Established
the orange Rock star can and the grape flavored NOS drinks are pretty good.

manosduras

manosduras

Awards
  • Established
used to love them but i got to 260 and had to quit them along with all the other junk i was throwing down my gullet. but i too never really got any energy off them i was just lovin the taste. always thought red bulls taste better but they go so damn fast.

wolverines

wolverines

Awards
  • Established
Monsters are a staple for me haha. I drink the purple MIXXD before and Chaos while I'm skiing. I love the taste and they get me fired up before I hit the slopes lol. And besides Sarah Burke is one of their sponsored athletes and I think she is one of hottest girls in the world... Gotta show her some support!

Clickster

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Yeah, I do not have more than 1 a day. However, I always make sure I NEVER not get in that 1. :hump:

jbray

jbray

Banned
Awards
my eyes usually start weighing a ton for about 2 hours each morning so i grab a sugar free red bull the small carbonated ones and drink it on the rocks, and it usually relieves me. but nothing can compare to redline...... sounds funny but i like the princess one the best because it has the mood enhancer in it as well its 2 serving to a bottle. the first time i didnt know better and drank the whole thing i seriously felt like charley from the movie charley bartlett. i was able to run 7 miles with energy to go play soccer with some old pals for 2 hours.

rambo679

rambo679

Awards
  • Established
Redline gives me energy but it feels like a dirty energy that makes me feel anxious and uncomfortable.

hardknock

Awards
  • Established
The last monster I tried in 2003, I believe, gave me the shiatz so bad that I haven't even noticed them in the stores since.

All energy drinks tear my stomach something awful. I havet touched on since around 03'

buuzer0

buuzer0

Awards
  • Established
I actually like NOS to me it actually taste pretty good the tangerine one i think it is the grape one is terrible. But out of all the energy drinks it gives me the most energy i think its the most potent of them all. I also have a place that sells for 1.79 the regular sized cans.
the orange Rock star can and the grape flavored NOS drinks are pretty good.
I agree with these guys about NOS, which is by far my favorite energy drink. Doesn't remotely taste like Red Bull, a taste that I really don't like. The orange ones (comes in a blue can or bottle with orange writing) taste really good... like orange/tangerine/passionfruit. I really only drink them when I'm about to go out and party, helps pep me up a lot. The fruit punch and grape flavors are decent too, but I think my favorite is the standard orange.

The 5 hour energy things aren't bad either, especially when cold (i've only had pomegranate flavor) but dammit, all these energy supplement drinks are expensive as hell.

I usually get the NOS in 4 packs, only have been able to find those at Wal-Mart though.

capnsavem

capnsavem

Awards
  • Established
the Monster Chai and Lo-ball java are super tasty. they have a white russian and irish creme flavors too i think for the java ones...

GuyverX

GuyverX

Awards
  • Established
Too much sugar content for me.
I just stick with the extra strength 5 hour energy stuff and maybe pop some Caffiene/Yohimbine for an extra boost.

Tried the energy drinks and they worked okay, but not in the way I wanted.

GuyverX

GuyverX

Awards
  • Established
TooBroke0029

TooBroke0029

Awards
Lo Carb Monster everyday i was actually wondering if there was niacin in it like redbull? i cant remember. No caffeine pills here i had some issues with stimulants a while back and i cant do the crack head feeling anymore lol.. 10 calories per serving isnt bad either.

Jake Fires

Jake Fires

Awards
  • Established
The last monster I tried in 2003, I believe, gave me the shiatz so bad that I haven't even noticed them in the stores since.

All energy drinks tear my stomach something awful. I havet touched on since around 03'
lmao ya i can see that happening to someone because every time i have one and ive gotten a few meals in my farts smell sooooo horid i have to leave the area immediatly

Lacradocious

Lacradocious

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, that's a side effect that I get too shortly after ingesting a lot of caffeine. Even coffee. So if I had a Filibertos carne asada burrito for dinner, I wait a few days before drinking any coffee or Monster.

jbray

jbray

Banned
Awards
Lo Carb Monster everyday i was actually wondering if there was niacin in it like redbull? i cant remember. No caffeine pills here i had some issues with stimulants a while back and i cant do the crack head feeling anymore lol.. 10 calories per serving isnt bad either.
i do believe it contains niacin.

TooBroke0029

TooBroke0029

Awards
I knew I wasn't crazy. Still love em though.