Berberine.....I think it screwed me up.

Matttthew

Awards
After researching berberine i decided to give it a try. I took a 1/4tsp of YG 15 mins before meals 3 times a day for two days but had to stop because i was feeling extremely WEIRD. I'm not sure if it was because I wasn't eating enough carbs or what.....but I still feel weird and its been about a week. My symptoms are similar to those of hypoglycemia. A few mornings in a row, after I ate breakfast and was at work I felt like i was going to seriously pass out. not to mention feeling jittery, disconnected, rapid heartbeat...etc....

Has anyone else noticed anything like this happen?

crewchief182

crewchief182

Awards
I quit using products with YG for just the reasons you state. Jacked was another product that helped my make the decision to give up stims period. Even my coffee usage has been cut to maybe one cup a day. I have found some other products that give me what I want, without all of the sides.

It may be in your best interest to cease using these types of products yourself. Better safe than sorry. Good luck to you in the meantime.

BurghHardcore

Awards
  • Established
never had this happen, but I'd bet you needed more carbs. How many carbs were you eating w/ each meal?

BurghHardcore

Awards
  • Established
I quit using products with YG for just the reasons you state. Jacked was another product that helped my make the decision to give up stims period. Even my coffee usage has been cut to maybe one cup a day. I have found some other products that give me what I want, without all of the sides.

It may be in your best interest to cease using these types of products yourself. Better safe than sorry. Good luck to you in the meantime.
I agree with your logic...but Yellow Gold is not a stim...

Matttthew

Awards

Thanks man...wish all the best for you as well.

I have cut out all supplements except bcaa's, creatine, and whey.

So did you go back to feeling normal after you ceased taking YG products?

Matttthew

Awards
never had this happen, but I'd bet you needed more carbs. How many carbs were you eating w/ each meal?
probably not enough.....i'd say a "filling amount". which mainly consisted of prob a cup(uncooked - whatever that equates to cooked)of rice. in the mornings though i only ate about a cup of oats.

BurghHardcore

Awards
  • Established
probably not enough.....i'd say a "filling amount". which mainly consisted of prob a cup(uncooked - whatever that equates to cooked)of rice. in the mornings though i only ate about a cup of oats.
Well I believe that the minimum amount of carbs you should take with these products is in the vicinity of 30g. But thats the extreme low point. Most recommend 60 to 100g. A cup of oats comes in right under 30g of carbs. As for the rice (i'm looking at my uncle ben's brown rice right now). 1/4 cup uncooked = 1 cup cooked. That's 1 serving which = 36g of carbs. So...after the math that comes to 144g of carbs. Are you sure you at 4 servings of rice? lol

Matttthew

Awards
yea, when i make rice i do a cup of jasmine and usually pound the entire thing with ease. but i ate that for lunch both days......the one evening i didn't have much rice at all, and that was the night i started feeling WEIRD as crap.

UNCnate

UNCnate

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
After researching berberine i decided to give it a try. I took a 1/4tsp of YG 15 mins before meals 3 times a day for two days but had to stop because i was feeling extremely WEIRD. I'm not sure if it was because I wasn't eating enough carbs or what.....but I still feel weird and its been about a week. My symptoms are similar to those of hypoglycemia. A few mornings in a row, after I ate breakfast and was at work I felt like i was going to seriously pass out. not to mention feeling jittery, disconnected, rapid heartbeat...etc....

Has anyone else noticed anything like this happen?
Hypoglycemia causing a panic attack, sounds like.

How many carbs were you taking with it?

Berberine is a very effective GDA, and an alpha glucosidase inhibitor.