BCAA

MAxximal

MAxximal

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hi

I need some help here

Right now i on low carb diet and one time on week i eat complex carbs i know with this type of diet the body use the amino acids and protein may converts then in glucose after two days i prepare my blend of pure BCAA and Glutamine and sip pre, intra and post but rapidly i become catabolic and lethargic (some symptoms of hypoglycemic) but how fats the body can convert this in glucose? and any tip or sup to stop this?

Thanks guys!

matthias7

matthias7

Awards
  • Established
Any sign of ketosis, breath etc...?

At a guess I'd say stick with it and get the body to adjust to burning ketones. Then you're go.

matthias7

matthias7

Awards
  • Established
Give it another day or two? I really don't think there is a supp. to help here.

machinehead

machinehead

Awards
  • Established
That's not the answer you are looking for but consider carb cycling. I did keto and felt just like you described, lost 30% of strength and lots of muscle. Now on carb cycling I am regaining strength and getting peeled a lot faster.

MAxximal

MAxximal

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
That's not the answer you are looking for but consider carb cycling. I did keto and felt just like you described, lost 30% of strength and lots of muscle. Now on carb cycling I am regaining strength and getting peeled a lot faster.
cycling each 3 days?

Jake Fires

Jake Fires

Awards
  • Established
just dont drink soo much in that short of time. just go PRe and Post.

stick with water or gatorade durning a workout.

Last edited:
sanchezgreg18

sanchezgreg18

Awards
  • Established
just dont drink soo much in that short of time. just go PRe and Post.

stick with water or gatorade durning a workout.
why would he want gatorade on Keto? it would just knock him out of ketosis. defeating the purpose of his diet.

sanchezgreg18

sanchezgreg18

Awards
  • Established
Hi

I need some help here

Right now i on low carb diet and one time on week i eat complex carbs i know with this type of diet the body use the amino acids and protein may converts then in glucose after two days i prepare my blend of pure BCAA and Glutamine and sip pre, intra and post but rapidly i become catabolic and lethargic (some symptoms of hypoglycemic) but how fats the body can convert this in glucose? and any tip or sup to stop this?

Thanks guys!
the only thing thats going to give you more energy from ketosis is taking something that upregulates ketone production. Stims too of course , idk if you believe that MCts arent good for keto or not i know some people are against them but either mct oil or Coconut oil would give you energy.

machinehead

machinehead

Awards
  • Established
cycling each 3 days?
High, Medium, Low, typically like this:

HLMLMLL

High go to about 2g per lb of carbs
Medium about 0.6g per lb
Low at 0.25g per lb

If you want more details, pm me or start a new thread.