JACK3D...1,3 dimethylamylamine...DRUG TEST

C

charger71

Awards
  • Established
Ive read all over the internet that jack3d can cause you to fail a drug test because of the 1,3 dimethylamylamine ingredient, being in the coast guard this is a HUGE deal for me. the military is strict, the coast guard has a no tolerence policy, if you fail...you're out no questions asked.
so whats the deal? i know a ton of people in the military take it, but not everyone searches online if its safe after buying it at GNC. I'm taking it and love it, but if theres any risk at all i have to trash it. Has ANYBODY on this forum been drug tested while actually using jack3d? i work out at night and our random drug tests are in the morning, so i have about a 10 hour time period from when i take jack3d to when I'm tested. I would be quite angry if i got discharged over a pre-workout energy supplement.

capnsavem

capnsavem

Awards
  • Established
hopefully someobdy gives you an answer, but obviously in the meantime stay off of it until you get that go-ahead

sanchezgreg18

sanchezgreg18

Awards
  • Established
NO, seriously this topic has been discussed , a simple use of the search function would have led u to this conclusion, no it will not show up on a drug test. It does not have any kind of illicit stimulant metabolites so its impossible to show up for anything like meth, coke , mdma Etc.

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I've used 1,3 dim the day of a military drug test and did not pop. Also, to note is 1,3 dim is not on a banned list for the military and even if it did cause you to have a false positive, they would then re-test the urine looking for the exact metabolite and you would be cleared. Also, each time you take a test you are suppose to write down any mediations/supplements you are taking. They would be able to differentiate from the different substances. So, either way... you are good to go man.

By the way... GO NAVY!!

C

charger71

Awards
  • Established
I've used 1,3 dim the day of a military drug test and did not pop. Also, to note is 1,3 dim is not on a banned list for the military and even if it did cause you to have a false positive, they would then re-test the urine looking for the exact metabolite and you would be cleared. Also, each time you take a test you are suppose to write down any mediations/supplements you are taking. They would be able to differentiate from the different substances. So, either way... you are good to go man.

By the way... GO NAVY!!
thank you for providing the EXACT answer i was looking for. Ive only been tested once in the last 2 years and i wasnt taking any supplements at the time, it was just a bit nerve racking seeing all this jibberish online. and also....GO COAST GUARD!

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ive read all over the internet that jack3d can cause you to fail a drug test because of the 1,3 dimethylamylamine ingredient, being in the coast guard this is a HUGE deal for me. the military is strict, the coast guard has a no tolerence policy, if you fail...you're out no questions asked.
As CopyCat said, this is just untrue. The testing done in the military isn't one and done.

But all in all, you are good to go, 1,3 doesnt pop for anything the military tests for.

borobulker

borobulker

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

By the way... GO NAVY!!
Thanks for your input here.

Also - good post here... http://www.usplabsdirect.com/forum/usplabs-jack3d/3370-jack3d-amphetamines-drug-tests.html

Outside Backer

Outside Backer

Awards
  • Established

By the way... GO NAVY!!

I too Have been tested while taking this the morning of no worries

BTW

Its GO AIRFORCE

young lad had it wrong its ok seaman :D

Jasen

Jasen

Awards
  • Established
it would be funny if he said semen

Jasen

Jasen

Awards
  • Established
im not in ARMY branch, but i personanlty thing NAVY is cool, opputurnity to travel the world.

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
im not in ARMY branch, but i personanlty thing NAVY is cool, opputurnity to travel the world.
I've been to Iraq, Kuwait, Japan, Philippines, Thailand, Germany, Italy, Guyana, Trinida/Tobaggo, Chile, a few of those a couple times and all while I've never stepped foot on a naval ship.

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I too Have been tested while taking this the morning of no worries

BTW

Its GO AIRFORCE

young lad had it wrong its ok seaman :D

Here let me help you out... 100 Sailors go out to see... and 50 couples came back..lol

Jasen

Jasen

Awards
  • Established
^ LMAO

Outside Backer

Outside Backer

Awards
  • Established
Here let me help you out... 100 Sailors go out to see... and 50 couples came back..lol
bwahahahh I loved that one.

My bro is on a frigget ( sp) in the gulf and stationed in Mayport

My family were all Marine and Army Officers. I went Airforce hahahah

we have a fun family rivalry

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
bwahahahh I loved that one.

My bro is on a frigget ( sp) in the gulf and stationed in Mayport

My family were all Marine and Army Officers. I went Airforce hahahah

we have a fun family rivalry
I bet since you guys only do 4 month deployments... well those units and member whom are deployable.

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I bet since you guys only do 4 month deployments... well those units and member whom are deployable.
Damn, then my year long deployment to fallujah really stings, considering it should have only been 4 months.

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Damn, then my year long deployment to fallujah really stings, considering it should have only been 4 months.
What's our MOS? Most of the AF does 4 month deployments do they not?

Outside Backer

Outside Backer

Awards
  • Established
4 mos? I wish

Im on a 6 month gone 6 month home rotation

and I did my 1 yr in korea.

the 4month guys are lucky

but we are strung thin doing JET taskings for the army which is 6 mos gone plus the 3 months Combat training so basically 9 month deployments home 3 maybe 4 months

hopefully things will slow down next yr

Outside Backer

Outside Backer

Awards
  • Established
What's our MOS? Most of the AF does 4 month deployments do they not?
yeah about 3-4 yrs back.

"normal " aef rotations ares supposed to be 4 months done 20 months home. Ofcourse that is in a ideal perfect world with unlimited manning funding blah blah

ILO taskings etc. Guys going to support Army are more then normal taskings are all 6 months plus

as Of November. The Airforce had the 2nd highest deployment numbers of all branches.

Its not the 80's anymore :( lol

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ah, I see. I was going off of what some AF security force guys were telling me this last summer.

VaughnTrue

VaughnTrue

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
9,000 views on this? dayum!

tnubs

tnubs

Awards
  • Established
theres a thread at BB about how some ppl in the air force were sent an email not to take jacked as it would fail them on a drug test or something and they are removing it from the gnc on base

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
All of you are wrong.....

Its go Marines :bigok:

PrepNwa23

PrepNwa23

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yeah OSI told us you will pop on a drug test if you take jack3d so hopefully no one in the AF is still being stupid.

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm quite positive that nothing posted in this thread is anything other than unclassified, common wikipedia knowledge, and not specific to any unit, person, deployment, or any thing of the sorts that could be harmful. You concern is of course duly noted.

theres a thread at BB about how some ppl in the air force were sent an email not to take jacked as it would fail them on a drug test or something and they are removing it from the gnc on base
Still being on GNC on the AFB's around me. Though I can not claim to know specific regs that well of branches other than USN/USMC.

All of you are wrong.....

Its go Marines :bigok:
Oh I got you man, been FMF my whole career.

Yeah OSI told us you will pop on a drug test if you take jack3d so hopefully no one in the AF is still being stupid.
Same as I stated above in regards to being sold at GNC's on AFB's, but if that's what is being passed through official chain of commands then of course that should be the word people listen to. As far as USN/USMC goes Jacked is still good to go.

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm quite positive that nothing posted in this thread is anything other than unclassified, common wikipedia knowledge, and not specific to any unit, person, deployment, or any thing of the sorts that could be harmful. You concern is of course duly noted.

Still being on GNC on the AFB's around me. Though I can not claim to know specific regs that well of branches other than USN/USMC.

Oh I got you man, been FMF my whole career.

Same as I stated above in regards to being sold at GNC's on AFB's, but if that's what is being passed through official chain of commands then of course that should be the word people listen to. As far as USN/USMC goes Jacked is still good to go.
No doubt, if they took Jack3d away from Marines or Sailors, they would probably cause an uproar. Hahaha

rush808

rush808

Awards
Ohh man i just got an email from an LT to stop taking due to popping pos for Meth.... and they are contacting BX GNC to pull them.

So i reply, what 's the ingredient that casues this so i can avoid it.

No reply.... yet?

IMO its seems the rumors spread and now my command is freaking acting retarted.

edit* an to take empty potion in for a self referrral, HA! Lolz

swollen87

swollen87

Awards
  • Established
I failed a drug test because of jacked 3d. Gcms confirmed false positive for amphetamine

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I failed a drug test because of jacked 3d. Gcms confirmed false positive for amphetamine
Not saying I do not believe you or anything, but would you be willing to post up or send me a copy of any supporting documents?

J

JeffJohnston

Awards
Yes very sad but true statement. Hopefully "they" don't take 1,3dymeth from us like they did so many others

swollen87

swollen87

Awards
  • Established
Not saying I do not believe you or anything, but would you be willing to post up or send me a copy of any supporting documents?
I would, but this happened over a year ago, and I doubt I still have the results.... what did happen was I spent 48 hours locked up (drug court sanction) over this, the sanction may be available in records or something ill look for something.....

i myself would have a hard time believing some bro on am telling me what I'm telling you. but I have no reason to lie to you... I'm putting it out there that jacked 3d got me into some trouble, my life is devoted to helping people just like me.... I'd hate to see someone go through what I had to.

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I would, but this happened over a year ago, and I doubt I still have the results.... what did happen was I spent 48 hours locked up (drug court sanction) over this, the sanction may be available in records or something ill look for something.....

i myself would have a hard time believing some bro on am telling me what I'm telling you. but I have no reason to lie to you... I'm putting it out there that jacked 3d got me into some trouble, my life is devoted to helping people just like me.... I'd hate to see someone go through what I had to.
Yeah, I'm not saying I don't believe you. I'd just like to see as much documentation to support these things. I've said before that I do believe it entirely possible for 1,3 Dim to cause a false positive. Just in most circles it never will. In military testing I personally have never seen it happen yet. Sorry to hear you had a rough time there. If you do find those papers I'd appreciate a copy (personal info blacked out of course).

B

bird901

Awards
This stuff will cause a false positive for amphetamines !

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
This stuff will cause a false positive for amphetamines !
With an exclamation point even.

You can not say so, so definitively my good man. I run a urinalysis program for my unit and many that I know who have used the stuff including myself have never had a false positive. Now, I will concede to the possibility for it though and always have.

B

bird901

Awards
I don't know what kind of test u guys do, but the ones I take aren't the cups with the test on the side. The test gets run through a mass spec machine. (whatever they're called) It shows if I've drank alcohol in the past 5 days! Jacked showed a false positive for amphetamines. Was actually accused of taking amphetamines. I don't take amphetamines. So, it depends on the type of test and what they're testing for. I am not in the military, so I don't know how u guys do it,but on some tests, this stuff can show a false positive. So, if u guys get tested (maybe not true with military obviously) be careful. Heard they were gonna ban this stuff soon.

swollen87

swollen87

Awards
  • Established
I don't know what kind of test u guys do, but the ones I take aren't the cups with the test on the side. The test gets run through a mass spec machine. (whatever they're called) It shows if I've drank alcohol in the past 5 days! Jacked showed a false positive for amphetamines. Was actually accused of taking amphetamines. I don't take amphetamines. So, it depends on the type of test and what they're testing for. I am not in the military, so I don't know how u guys do it,but on some tests, this stuff can show a false positive.
Heres my understanding,..1,3 has no phenyl ring, so its not supposed to come up.... but depending on the test, it might...

Amphetamines are the most commonly found false positive over 300 compounds can cause a false positive.. even a kidney disorder can cause it... so can PEA.. so whos to say jacked doesnt cause temporary kidney or liver issues, and the 1,3 has nothing to do with it?

Or our body might metabolize 1,3 just like amphetamine to some degree... and only SOME tests will pick up on it?

Idk- what i will say is that I've taken tests while using jacked and passed, but ONE test came back false positive.

So out of the 104 or so drug tests i took last year, only 1 I had an issue with.

rush808

rush808

Awards
this is what was passed down.

Seems like it's legit.. so sad for the armed forces.

[DMAA] can cause false positives for amphetamines [because it] is structurally similar to amphetamines lacking only a benzene ring. As referenced below, the percentage of false positives was 92.3% in this one study. It should be noted that false positives are determined by the specificity and the concentration threshold of the screening agent.

Reference:

Dimethylamylamine: a drug causing positive immunoassay results for amphetamines.
Vorce SP, Holler JM, Cawrse BM, Magluilo J Jr.
SourceDivision of Forensic Toxicology, Armed Forces Medical Examiner System, Armed Forces Institute of Pathology, 1413 Research Boulevard, Building 102, Rockville, Maryland 20850, USA.

Abstract
The Department of Defense (DoD) operates six forensic urine drug-testing laboratories that screen close to 5 million urine samples for amphetamines yearly. Recently, the DoD laboratories have observed a significant decrease in the confirmation rates for amphetamines because of specimens screening positive by two separate immunoassays and confirming negative by gas chromatography-mass spectrometry (GC-MS). Previous studies conducted by the Division of Forensic Toxicology, Armed Force Institute of Pathology (AFIP) utilizing a GC-MS basic drug screen and a designer drug screen revealed no common compound or compound classes as to the cause of the immunoassay-positive results. Additional information obtained from an immunoassay vendor suggested the anorectic compound dimethylamylamine (DMAA) may be the cause of the false-positive screens. An additional 134 false-positive samples were received and analyzed using liquid chromatography-tandem mass spectrometry (LC-MS-MS) for DMAA. LC-MS-MS analysis revealed the presence of DMAA in 92.3% of the false-positive samples at a concentration of approximately 6.0 mg/L DMAA, causing a positive screen on both immunoassay kits

it's not policy yet, but looks like jack3d muscle marinade and alike will be a no go for the military.

:soapbox: What i dont understand is if the test is crappy why not get a better test? false positive doesn't make it harmful or illegal..

from what i understand psudafed can make u pop for it tooo.

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Something to note about that study is the false positives were with immunoassays and were cleared with GC-MS.

rush808

rush808

Awards
^ understood.... obviously not bad for your health and can be proven that your not on Meth.

But the Military can contraband anything to its members....

And I have a bad feeling this might make the list.

996ttelise

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I don't know what kind of test u guys do, but the ones I take aren't the cups with the test on the side. The test gets run through a mass spec machine. (whatever they're called) It shows if I've drank alcohol in the past 5 days! Jacked showed a false positive for amphetamines. Was actually accused of taking amphetamines. I don't take amphetamines. So, it depends on the type of test and what they're testing for. I am not in the military, so I don't know how u guys do it,but on some tests, this stuff can show a false positive. So, if u guys get tested (maybe not true with military obviously) be careful. Heard they were gonna ban this stuff soon.
Mass spec would seemingly weed out glass positives and isolate or identify the actual chemical or substance causing the metabolite showing up on a false positive. I am curious about this as I get routine UAs and I went with a product that did not contain 1, 3 but most of the products I with which I had interest had 1, 3. Hemo rage also had it so I returned it and bought something else. I was also interested in cryo shock. Anyway, I have always thought if you fail a basic dip stick UA, ask for a blood test for mass spec to weed out false positive. A hit on a mass spec analysis would be most disconcerting. That would not be considered a false positive.