newbie needs input - AnabolicMinds.com

newbie needs input

  1. New Member
    dune84's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  154 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    4
    Rep Power
    59

    Reputation

    newbie needs input


    hey yall

    ive been lifting for a while but havnt really gotten the results i want. i am going to start using a weight gainer shake that calls for 40g protein and 25g of dextrose. But ive read that 1:2 ratio protein to dextrose is best. I know everyones body reacts differently. I was just looking for input. Also is it hurting if for insistance I do chest and tris. if i do chest completely take a little break ( 20 mins and drink the protein shake) then go and finish tris. Like I say im not getting the results I want so im open to ideas.
    Thanks

  2. Professional Member
    lennoxchi's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  235 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    3,643
    Rep Power
    2367

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by dune84 View Post
    hey yall

    ive been lifting for a while but havnt really gotten the results i want. i am going to start using a weight gainer shake that calls for 40g protein and 25g of dextrose. But ive read that 1:2 ratio protein to dextrose is best. I know everyones body reacts differently. I was just looking for input. Also is it hurting if for insistance I do chest and tris. if i do chest completely take a little break ( 20 mins and drink the protein shake) then go and finish tris. Like I say im not getting the results I want so im open to ideas.
    Thanks
    there's been 32 views and this is the first reply....i'll jump on the grenade (j/k)
    dextrose is great, but for after you w/o. i guess it doesn't hurt to use it like you are, i t will certainly rellace the carbs you've burned up doing chest, assuming your intensity level is high. dextrose is rapidly absorbed by the body causing an inslin spike which is great right after you w/o. i would also invest in another power though, just regular whey for pre w/o and other times during the day. another trick is to drink a shake in the middle of the night. have one mixed and sitting in the fridge ready to go. i only drink one if i get up to pee, others set an alarm clock, but i think that's unnecessary, but thats just my opinion.

    post your w/o routine
    sets
    reps
    lifts
    no weight is needed
  3. New Member
    dune84's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  154 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    4
    Rep Power
    59

    Reputation

    chest- 3x 8 flat bench, 1x 12,10,8 dumbbell incline, 1x12,10,8 dumbbell flat, 1x12,10,8 dumbbell decline, 1x12,10,8 butterflys, push ups 3x burnout.

    tri- 3x20 dips ( using dip bar), 1x 12,10,8 tri extenstions, 1x20,15,12 skull crushers, 3x15 dips (using bench and a chair), diamond push ups 3x burnout.

    bi- 1x12,10,8 curls, 1x12,10,8 isolated curls , 1x12,10,8 hammers

    shoulders- 1x12,10,8 (lack of correct name) shoulder extenstions( side), 1x12,10,8 shoulder extenstions ( frontal), 1x12,10,8 military press, 1x30,25,20 shrugs.

    I do bi and shoulders one day then chest and tri the next take, repeat, and every two weeks one of the two have a third before taking off two days straight.

    Im not looking to get into body building just looking to add a little size and weight/tone.
    •   
       

  4. Professional Member
    lennoxchi's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  235 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    3,643
    Rep Power
    2367

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by dune84 View Post
    chest- 3x 8 flat bench, 1x 12,10,8 dumbbell incline, 1x12,10,8 dumbbell flat, 1x12,10,8 dumbbell decline, 1x12,10,8 butterflys, push ups 3x burnout.

    tri- 3x20 dips ( using dip bar), 1x 12,10,8 tri extenstions, 1x20,15,12 skull crushers, 3x15 dips (using bench and a chair), diamond push ups 3x burnout.

    bi- 1x12,10,8 curls, 1x12,10,8 isolated curls , 1x12,10,8 hammers

    shoulders- 1x12,10,8 (lack of correct name) shoulder extenstions( side), 1x12,10,8 shoulder extenstions ( frontal), 1x12,10,8 military press, 1x30,25,20 shrugs.

    I do bi and shoulders one day then chest and tri the next take, repeat, and every two weeks one of the two have a third before taking off two days straight.

    Im not looking to get into body building just looking to add a little size and weight/tone.
    anything for back or more importantly...legs? if you want to put on size then diet and compound lifts (heavy) is where it's at. bench press, deadlift, SQUAT, military press (sitting or standing) bent over rows....etc
  5. New Member
    dune84's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  154 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    4
    Rep Power
    59

    Reputation

    sorry i also do bent over rows on shoulder days, 1x12,10,8. I do leg extenstions on shoulders days as well 1x20,15,12 and calf raises 3x30 oh yeah i forgot my pull ups 3x burnout ( in the 15-20 range each set). you mentioned i needed to add another powder, what would you suggest? how much dextose should I put?
  6. Professional Member
    lennoxchi's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  235 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    3,643
    Rep Power
    2367

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by dune84 View Post
    sorry i also do bent over rows on shoulder days, 1x12,10,8. I do leg extenstions on shoulders days as well 1x20,15,12 and calf raises 3x30 oh yeah i forgot my pull ups 3x burnout ( in the 15-20 range each set). you mentioned i needed to add another powder, what would you suggest? how much dextose should I put?
    no dex for the other times of the day with the other powder. simple sugar, dextrose and others after you w/o. the other protein power s/b for morning and if you drink any during the day. wait, do you add dex to your power or is it in there already?
  7. New Member
    DGA3's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  175 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    419
    Rep Power
    300

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by lennoxchi View Post
    anything for back or more importantly...legs? if you want to put on size then diet and compound lifts (heavy) is where it's at. bench press, deadlift, SQUAT, military press (sitting or standing) bent over rows....etc

    +1

    That's solid advice, right there. Focus on the basic, compound lifts for 4-6 months and build a solid base.
  8. New Member
    dune84's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  154 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    4
    Rep Power
    59

    Reputation

    i add it. the whey protein is 100%. I drink one in the morning (40g) and then post workout i drink one (40g) with the added dex ( unsure of the amount to add, got sugguestions, right now its 25g).
  9. Professional Member
    lennoxchi's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  235 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    3,643
    Rep Power
    2367

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by dune84 View Post
    i add it. the whey protein is 100%. I drink one in the morning (40g) and then post workout i drink one (40g) with the added dex ( unsure of the amount to add, got sugguestions, right now its 25g).
    that is fine anywhere in the negihboorhood of 20-40g post w/o assuming 1gr of dex is 1 gr of carb. i don't know the conversion, i eat gummy bears after i w/o
  10. New Member
    Lou villian's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  237 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    387
    Rep Power
    254

    Reputation

    i eat gummy bears after i w/o
    Dude i hear this alot. Are Gummie Bears really a good idea. I hear this talked about and even see the older lifters after there workout in the locker room eating gummie bears!
  11. Professional Member
    lennoxchi's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  235 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    3,643
    Rep Power
    2367

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Lou villian View Post
    Dude i hear this alot. Are Gummie Bears really a good idea. I hear this talked about and even see the older lifters after there workout in the locker room eating gummie bears!
    simple sugars, easy to measure and be precise, yes it's a good idea and besides after you w/o something solid in my stomach makes me happy in the pants
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-05-2009, 11:42 PM
  2. Input??
    By mathis50262 in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-09-2008, 08:56 PM
  3. Replies: 12
    Last Post: 01-25-2008, 06:15 AM
  4. PH (phera-plex) newbie needs input
    By Mrcreek2002 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 08-18-2007, 10:44 AM
  5. Replies: 18
    Last Post: 04-13-2007, 02:05 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in