Can you overdose on sulbutiamine?

A

animalkrack3r

Awards
Wondering because i took about a teaspoon of the powder.

Thank you!

MK9

MK9

Awards
  • Established
A teaspoon is fine, i take it a few times a week with my multivitamins.
MK9

L

luclyluciano

Awards
  • Established
A teaspoon is quite a lot considering the cost. I think you are fine. Noots are considered non toxic. Sulbuyamine does nothing for me though, not sure why. Msny say it's one of the better noots. Piracetam & choline is working fantastic!!

Chops89

Chops89

Awards
  • Established
I think the main effect of taking too much is headaches (so I've heard...I've taken a ton and gotten no side effects).

C

Core2

Awards
Just to revive this older thread - is there a consensus on sulbutiamine safety for cardio? I've used it acutely before maximal cardio activity, perhaps 20-25 times per year, and have done for the past four years without incident. Typically, we are talking 5 - 50 minutes at 160 - 185bpm.

I don't think there is any chronotropic, inotropic, or BP effects (subjectively), and the LD50 figures in rat and mouse studies are very high indeed (what I could see was >5gm/per kg from Lookchem). The data in previous threads (like that from Colin on fursultiamine ) on kainate-mediated excitotoxicity was, from what I could tell, relevant to chronic dosing, and a CNS concern.

I would be taking it typically with a small amount of caffeine (in Biotest Spike, old formula, no yohimbine HCL - 1 tablet), and from time to time, ibuprofen 400-600mg + codeine (20-30mg), and inhaled salbutamol (400mcg). No other medications ongoing at the moment.

If there were any opinions on this and increased risk of sudden cardiac events, that would be great. I sort of thought it would be fine, except I have no precise idea how it sulbutiamine actually works. It is also not listed on the WADA catalogue of banned agents, which sort of suggests a level of safety (or inefficacy...) From what I can tell, I'm probably being over-cautious in seeking opinions here, but if there were any thoughts, I'd be most grateful.

Apologies, and thanks for any assistance that people may have.