This just happened...

nattydisaster

nattydisaster

PESCIENCE.com
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I walk into a locally owned supplement shop today, acting like I know nothing about supplements. I take 2 steps in and the guy behind the counter goes "what's going on bro? What you taking?"

I go "I eat food and take some protein..."

He goes, "Ever heard of prohormones?"

I was like dear lord, this guy just f*cking asked me about prohormones and I said 1 sentence.

I said no, asked him about them. He said they will make me huge, and I can buy them for $99.99 a bottle.

They were selling some Legal Limit stuff I had never seen.

He said I needed to buy them now, because in 30 days all retailers are supposed to stop selling prohormones (not sure the truth to that).

As I was leaving, a kid walks in saying he joined Gold's Gym today and just had his first workout, asked the kid what he recommend he takes. The employee says are you trying to bulk up? The 135lb kid says yes.

"Ever heard of superdrol? This stuff will get you big fast" The kid proceeded to buy a $100 bottle of a superdrol clone. His first workout was today.

Unbelievable.

Lou villian

Lou villian

Awards
  • Established
Damn im 240 and afarid of Superdrol. Ive been working out religiously for 17 months and am scared of superdrol. Its Crazy what these guys do to make a buck. My Gym has a smotthie station in it and the guy sells "questionable things" out of his safe. I swear to you there are 3 120lb 10th graders doing spawn from Myogenix that they each paid 150 a bottle for. Tried to tell them to stop they say oh we didn't know it could do all that. As i turn to the other side of the wall i hear . F**k him he jealous we will be bigger then him in 1 month!!

Sick world man Sick world

urbanski

urbanski

Awards
  • Established
oh man that rampant stupidity is the real cause for this ban. that kid is so screwed and that retailer is going to hell.

nattydisaster

nattydisaster

PESCIENCE.com
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Exactly. Watching that all happened actually made me wish these things would get banned. I sometimes forget that the majority of supplement buyers arent the educated AM members

Lou villian

Lou villian

Awards
  • Established
Sad thing is........I was dumb and totaly uneductated my first go. Started researching weeks after i was done and was like OH SH!T what did i do. Wont make that mistake again try to help some kids out that were where i was and they dissed me.

matthias7

matthias7

Awards
  • Established
oh man that rampant stupidity is the real cause for this ban. that kid is so screwed and that retailer is going to hell.
Thats the problem the retailer will get away with it, which to everyone else is an ethical crime - a crime against humanity.

They should have introduced a legal age of 21 for the sale of prohormones acros the board and not banned any.

At present its a knee-jerk (with emphasis on "jerk") response which threatens all prohormones.

Chops89

Chops89

Awards
  • Established
Looking past the main focus of this post, I find it quite amusing to hear that somebody spent $100 on a bottle of superdrol.

Lou villian

Lou villian

Awards
  • Established
Looking past the main focus of this post, I find it quite amusing to hear that somebody spent $100 on a bottle of superdrol.
Guy at my gym sells H Drol and E-stane by CEL for $125 a bottle. It flies off the shelves. My gym is so full of 16 year olds it Crazy. These kids save there lunch money and give it to these guys and they are turning a 400% profit. ITS CRAZY!!!!!

JT54

Awards
I was at GNC one time and the guy working was talking to another guy and was talking about tren. He goes on to tell him its like prime. I was thinking to myself like ****ing dumbass. He goes onto say yea i took tren and put on 30 pounds(take into account this guy was like 160 at 6 foot). haha You think they would get some people who know what they hell they are talking about working there.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
my cousin is under the name "R1 ballaIsGay" on AM. he is 15 and has done 3 cycles of mdrol...PM him or comment on him if you wanna. ive explained everything to him, he doesnt care nor does he listen

noot

noot

Awards
  • Established
I think one of the problems is the warnings suck on these products, there is barely any difference between something that is prohormonone and something that is just a simple "test booster".

I'll pick on Methyl 1-D since there huge ad is across the top of this forum. It's a prohomone supplement, and looking at the warning it's reads like any other product. Many pre-workout powder have the same exact warnings, talking about high blood pressure, heart problems, etc. No where does it say that, oh yeah btw, not following the directions could really **** up your hormones...all it says is that you need to also use Formadrol Extreme for recovery...and that is all...

Now take someone that is not lurking on forums like AM and BB, do you think they are doing any outside research? Most likely not, they just look at those handy bullet points...

"[...]May Produce Extreme Gains in Strength and Size[...]"

And go "Oh wow, I do want to have huge muscle! This is probably what I need!"

And according to the warnings, unless you are a pregnant or are "at risk or are being treated
for high blood pressure, heart, kidney, thyroid, or psychiatric
disease, difficulty urinating, prostate enlargement, anxiety,
depression, seizure disorder, or stroke"

Nothing is really stopping you from taking this product, heh, it does not even say anything about being a certain age. Sadly to say, it almost does not even seem all that surprising that you have all these "kids" taking these prohormone supplements, because nothing is really restricting their access to these supplements, especially those so-called "warnings"

urbanski

urbanski

Awards
  • Established
I sometimes forget that the majority of supplement buyers arent the educated AM members
Even those are rare. Take the guy who just posted about being on Test E for 5 weeks and had no clue about PCT.

DGA3

Awards
  • Established
Thats the problem the retailer will get away with it, which to everyone else is an ethical crime - a crime against humanity.

They should have introduced a legal age of 21 for the sale of prohormones acros the board and not banned any.

At present its a knee-jerk (with emphasis on "jerk") response which threatens all prohormones.
Matthias7 is thinking with a clear mind, here - I wish our politicians would do the same.

SamBoz19

SamBoz19

Awards
  • Established
This is a situation where I would have no problem getting right in that guy's face and telling him how much of an idiot he is and then I would proceed to educate the kid on what Superdrol is all about and hopefully put the fear of death in him. Seriously this kind of reckless idiocy is absolutely unacceptable.

Cheers!:cheers:

b9cist

b9cist

Awards
Wow! Seriously! If you have a real concern for your cousin, you should talk to his parents if he won't listen to you. He may be pissed now, but he'll thank you later on in life when his system isn't so screwed up. Good luck....

Perhaps you could share this with him - http://www.testcountry.org/common-effects-consequences-of-using-anabolic-steroids-in-teenagers.htm

my cousin is under the name "R1 ballaIsGay" on AM. he is 15 and has done 3 cycles of mdrol...PM him or comment on him if you wanna. ive explained everything to him, he doesnt care nor does he listen

SamBoz19

SamBoz19

Awards
  • Established
3 cycles of MDROL and 15...please tell me you are exaggerating? If not...

This should be you doing this to your cousin...

Enough said!

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
This is a situation where I would have no problem getting right in that guy's face and telling him how much of an idiot he is and then I would proceed to educate the kid on what Superdrol is all about and hopefully put the fear of death in him. Seriously this kind of reckless idiocy is absolutely unacceptable.

I'm with you on that one, couldn't let this go by without stepping in.

mildot

Awards
No offense to anyone. We are a society focused on short term results trying to fix things that take a long time to happen. Want to get swolled, then take this pill. Want to lose fat while watching tv, then take this pill. Want to stop skin cancer, then demand a cure instead of applying UV block. I have been on free weights for two years and still considering test boosters or stronger options. This is example of the me (generation) right now attitude.

How does it make me feel good, and I want it now.

I hope you consider speaking to the parents if he will not listen to your well intended advice. We at AM know the results of his decision. Shunted growth plates, early cessation to puberty/growth, sterility, and so much more as a teenager. To bad the trolls at the ??.com site would push him to take more...

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
No offense to anyone. We are a society focused on short term results trying to fix things that take a long time to happen. Want to get swolled, then take this pill. Want to lose fat while watching tv, then take this pill. Want to stop skin cancer, then demand a cure instead of applying UV block. I have been on free weights for two years and still considering test boosters or stronger options. This is example of the me (generation) right now attitude.

How does it make me feel good, and I want it now.

I hope you consider speaking to the parents if he will not listen to your well intended advice. We at AM know the results of his decision. Shunted growth plates, early cessation to puberty/growth, sterility, and so much more as a teenager. To bad the trolls at the ??.com site would push him to take more...

Yah it's funny how most of those shortcuts will never really work in the long run but that's still where your going to see most of the marketing. If I ever go into fitness full time my message will be, I only gurantee 3 things 1) Your going to have to work hard, 2) If you do you will make good progress and 3) Working hard is not as hard as you think and it is this mental toughness that is going to change your life!!

It ain't the destination it's the fuggin Journey, has to be cuz you never get there that's what keeps you going!!

mildot

Awards
Exactly. Watching that all happened actually made me wish these things would get banned. I sometimes forget that the majority of supplement buyers arent the educated AM members

Look at how many people get drunk. During morning of following day go and down several tylenol and other pills without considering it will harm organs. How about people on mood stabilizers that go and take prescription pills or illegal hard drugs from a friend to get a buzz. People make poor choices with products everyday. Not to argue with you. I do understand your point. I just wish the products could advertise clearly what they are without these stupid laws that prior prez's signed through executive orders. This made companies decide to use questonable advertising instead of saying on the prodcuts... "Steriods", use this on cycle with PCT, or else... Good luck with this intervention. We can see it not ending well since it is a teenager.

mildot

Awards
Yah it's funny how most of those shortcuts will never really work in the long run but that's still where your going to see most of the marketing. If I ever go into fitness full time my message will be, I only gurantee 3 things 1) Your going to have to work hard, 2) If you do you will make good progress and 3) Working hard is not as hard as you think and it is this mental toughness that is going to change your life!!

It ain't the destination it's the fuggin Journey, has to be cuz you never get there that's what keeps you going!!

Two years ago I went to the vacation spot in Persia. Lots of sand. But I never found any clear beaches. WTF? lol. I weighed 231 pounds prior to going. Before I left I dropped to 218 pounds. I hit the gym with one of my Airmen while over there. He gladly worked with me in the gym because he wanted to get people started right. When I returned it was 201 pounds. Last year I dropped down to 189 pounds. I am 36 years and have added at least 16 pounds of muscle in two years, naturally. Have not used a test booster, yet. Not even a spiked @lr! or @X product. lmao. Not to hijack this thread, but AM people know what you are facing. Good luck. You need lots of good luck...

Last edited:
DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Two years ago I went to the vacation spot in Persia. Lots of sand. But I never found any clear beaches. WTF? lol. I weighed 231 pounds prior to going. Before I left I dropped to 218 pounds. I hit the gym with one of my Airmen while over there. He gladly worked with me in the gym because he wanted to get people started right. When I returned it was 201 pounds. Last year I dropped down to 189 pounds. I am 36 years and have added at least 16 pounds of muscle in two years, naturally. Have not used a test booster, yet. Not even a spiked @lr! or @X product. lmao. Not to hijack this thread, but AM people know what you are facing. Good luck. You need lots of good luck...
Good job... yah I know what is out there.

Couple of rules for my gym...

1) The only 4 letter word in the gym is can't...

2) No whining...

footballfam

Awards
Guy at my gym sells H Drol and E-stane by CEL for $125 a bottle. It flies off the shelves. My gym is so full of 16 year olds it Crazy. These kids save there lunch money and give it to these guys and they are turning a 400% profit. ITS CRAZY!!!!!
That is scary! My 15yr old spends plenty of time at the gym. Going to ask my husband pay more attention to what is going on around him.

Raladoc

Raladoc

Awards
Im only 17 myself and living in england and while people my age and younger go on prohormones and the juice it is not by far as bad as it is in america and other countries. My mate told me he was going on tren bombs i told him not to because he was about 140lbs at around 6ft2 but he didnt listen and now he is doing it for 2 weeks and pct for 2 weeks then back on it for 2 weeks i mean WTF I told him to stop but he didnt listen i personally think we should just round all the ****heads up send them into space in a ****ing sateillite and blow it the **** up. :D I mean i went from being the fat kid who got bullied to the stocky slightly fat kid cos hes on a bulk who still gets bullied cos i dont like violence. Nothing is ever as it seems. Like the skinny kid who bought the superdrol might start them increase his aggresion to a drastic level and kill someone if they say something to him. Who knows eh

jumpshot903

jumpshot903

Awards
  • Established
I mean in a soceity nowadays that judges people so much on looks its not hard to see why kids jump into PH's so quickly now in no way am i condoning the use im just stating a fact. I mean when your in your teens your concerned about the now and you dont care about the future. I see it time and time again kids wanting to get bigger, stronger, because they think it makes them look better more attractive. Now they dont understand the harm they could cause to there bodies just for a few years of being popular. Someone mentioned it earlier people want results NOW they dont want to have to wait and its a shame they turn to PH's and most of them buy them or get them without ever really knowing what there taking not for lack of warnings but as shown above i mean there given it over the counter or from a freind and basically told "take this you will be huge" and thats enough for them to do it. I doubt many of them go home and read up on it because someone in there minds "reputable" gave it to them or they bought it from a store so it cant be bad. But sadly thats not the case.

Anyways this will happens as long as there is man on this earth theres no stopping people from taking the quick way out even if its the worst way. We should be happy that we took the safe way.

xink

Awards
  • Established
That story is ****ed. :(

If you won't say anything to the store, post the number/details and someone on here - myself included - will gladly call and rip the manager a new *******.

I wonder why PH's are falling off the face of the earth...

X

xink

Awards
  • Established
Going to ask my husband pay more attention to what is going on around him.
You shouldn't need a thread like this to scare you - you and your husband should always pay attention to what's going on with your son.

Good luck,

X

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
as a young kid he probably thought this guy works at a supplement shop and knows what he's talking about, i went to an old trusted supplement shop the other day where the guy never seemed to steer me wrong when i first was getting started, now i have educated myself alittle more, went in there this weekend because it's closer than the warehouse i go to now, he went on trying to sell me some things i've read bad reviews about, i questioned it and he looked at me like wow, this kid is crazy, my gf was with me and she even was like didn't you read that that supplement is crap, and i'm like yeah it is crap, and he's like its the best one i carry lol, anabolicminds is amazing along with google....education is key

jumpshot903

jumpshot903

Awards
  • Established
It all comes down to business and when they have a higher margin of profit on an item they push it i mean we may look at it as to what works best but to them your just another customer and why not get some extra money from them. Thats why when i HAVE to go to a local supplement store i dont ask for help i find what im looking for and leave no need to take advice. You shouldnt be buying anything you havent already researched anyways. So why get steered to something different that you dont know about because some store owner says its better.

Thinker

Awards
I think one of the problems is the warnings suck on these products, there is barely any difference between something that is prohormonone and something that is just a simple "test booster".
Every prohormone I have ever encountered says to see a physician before starting use. Any physician worth his medical license should be able to pick up on what the substances are and offer advice. If someone doesn't read the instructions and follow the instructions and hurts themself to bad. I can agree with you IF there are bottles out there that don't say to consult a physician and those companies should perhaps rethink this but again, I have never seen a bottle that didn't say to consult a physician before use.

Thinker

Awards
You said:

i personally think we should just round all the ****heads up send them into space in a ****ing sateillite and blow it the **** up.
Then you said:

Like the skinny kid who bought the superdrol might start them increase his aggresion to a drastic level and kill someone
By the way genius it's spelt satellite and a satellite is an object in orbit. You do not launch anything into space via a satellite. I'll call ahead and reserve your seat on the spaceship. How long have you been living in a glass house and throwing stones? Blowing ****heads up? Sounds like you have the anger issues.

jherman08

jherman08

Awards
  • Established
Lol the lady at the gnc in the mall near my house is like 75. Last time my gf went to
buy me a present (protein) she called me to ask which kind i wanted.

I told her
optimum whey, in the background i hear the lady telling her to surprise me with gnc's new 12 serving weight gainer, i tell my gf no get the optimum, and again the lady insists she just gets the weight gainer against what i say.

I tell her again only leave that store with optimum, and thats what she did.
Shady shady people out there.

hardknock

Awards
  • Established
Look at how many people get drunk. During morning of following day go and down several tylenol and other pills without considering it will harm organs. How about people on mood stabilizers that go and take prescription pills or illegal hard drugs from a friend to get a buzz. People make poor choices with products everyday. Not to argue with you. I do understand your point. I just wish the products could advertise clearly what they are without these stupid laws that prior prez's signed through executive orders. This made companies decide to use questonable advertising instead of saying on the prodcuts... "Steriods", use this on cycle with PCT, or else... Good luck with this intervention. We can see it not ending well since it is a teenager.
Honestly, when was the last time that a person could sell a "steroid" without either licensing and you having a prescription for it? I'd have to research but I am sure it has been not available without a script for pretty much eons.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I mean in a soceity nowadays that judges people so much on looks its not hard to see why kids jump into PH's so quickly now in no way am i condoning the use im just stating a fact. I mean when your in your teens your concerned about the now and you dont care about the future. I see it time and time again kids wanting to get bigger, stronger, because they think it makes them look better more attractive. Now they dont understand the harm they could cause to there bodies just for a few years of being popular. Someone mentioned it earlier people want results NOW they dont want to have to wait and its a shame they turn to PH's and most of them buy them or get them without ever really knowing what there taking not for lack of warnings but as shown above i mean there given it over the counter or from a freind and basically told "take this you will be huge" and thats enough for them to do it. I doubt many of them go home and read up on it because someone in there minds "reputable" gave it to them or they bought it from a store so it cant be bad. But sadly thats not the case.

Anyways this will happens as long as there is man on this earth theres no stopping people from taking the quick way out even if its the worst way. We should be happy that we took the safe way.
The way to nip it in the bud is to get more qualified people working with youth, people who know how to do it naturally. Teenagers have so much potential but very little knowledge to help them realize it. Once they're shown how well they can do without drugs they will more likely be satiated. Problem is those kinds of people are rare. I do my part, I mean I have made monsters with nothing but protein powder. Yah, I mean tons of potential... it's freaky to watch.

noot

noot

Awards
  • Established
Every prohormone I have ever encountered says to see a physician before starting use.
Well you got a point there. I guess not much else needs to be said if you already advice people to seek professional check up before using the product.

Damn, these kids today! Somebody needs to put a belt to their butts and maybe they will learn a thing about what is right and wrong! What ever happened to parenting. /get of my lawn