CLA causing high BP?

CT3

CT3

Awards
  • Established
I have been taking primaforce max cla for about 3 weeks now at 3 caps/day. I just took my BP and it was 135/75, up from normal of about 120/75.

Label is: (couldn't upload pic for some reason)
Sunflower/Safflower oil 1000 mg
CLA 700 mg
Cis-9, trans-11 300 mg
trans-10, cis-12 330 mg

I also am taking fish oil at 1/day
omega-3 fatty acids 900 mg
epa 647 mg
dha 253 mg

Has anyone else had a problem with BP while taking CLA? Should I increase the amount of fish oil I'm taking to help combat that or go with something else or quit taking it all together?

Thanks for any useful input

MAxximal

MAxximal

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
A balanced, healthy diet and exercise regime is an important combination to add to the effectiveness of supplementing with CLA. No pill in the world is a fix-it-all solution and will do NOTHING for you, if you’re still going to sit on the couch all day and stuff yourself full of high fat foods and junk.

Be sensible.

Here are a few tips to help minimize any potential side effects of CLA:

1. Do not take on an empty stomch. The recommended daily dose for optimum efficeinecy is 3,000-4,000 mg per day. Therefore, it is wise to split the recommended daily dosage into 3 servings and take each one with your main meals.

2. Drink lots of water throughout the day.

3. Eat smaller meals more often during the day. A common schedule many users adopt is to eat approximately every 2-3 hour interval for a total of 5-6 times per day. This would give you a meal, snack, meal, snack, meal and maybe another very light snack. Your last meal or snack should be eaten 3 hours before your bedtime.

4. If you do not adhere to a regular exercise routine, you will notice increased benefits if you include extra activity in your daily routine. Take a walk in the evening or early morning. Take the stairs instead of the elevator. Park in the farthest corner of a parking lot and walk the extra steps to the store. Jog up and down the stairs when heading to the basement to do your laundry.

Though side effects of CLA are rare, they have been reported to occur in some users. All of these little added activities and additional tips practiced throughout the day will add up. Use them to greatly enhance the postive effects without adding any negative side effects when taking CLA supplement.

CT3

CT3

Awards
  • Established
I work out 4-5 days a week, so I don't just sit on the couch and eat fattening ass foods all day. I hate it when people answer a question with this reply. I eat at least 5 times a day and take it with food, as directed on the bottle. Any better advice without giving the obvious crap answers.

MAxximal

MAxximal

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I work out 4-5 days a week, so I don't just sit on the couch and eat fattening ass foods all day. I hate it when people answer a question with this reply. I eat at least 5 times a day and take it with food, as directed on the bottle. Any better advice without giving the obvious crap answers.
sorry but my intention is not insult you only help people to achieve their goals with my knowledge bud!

CT3

CT3

Awards
  • Established
I just feel like guys try to put people down with answers like that.

CT3

CT3

Awards
  • Established
I've read everything I could and haven't seen anything about BP, that's why I'm asking. I actually have some from primordial also.

CT3

CT3

Awards
  • Established
Well I took my BP today and it was 140/75, which is too high for my liking. I've never had issues with it before so I'm going to quit taking the CLA all together. I'll stay posted to see if my BP comes down just to have the info out here.

kingdong

kingdong

Awards
  • Established
Go with tonalin CLA. There is a synthetic version that has been proven to screw people up.

CT3

CT3

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the link max. The article says that it does not cause high blood pressure. I'm going to see as I haven't taken any in a while now and haven't changed anything else.