Future

Most popular selling recovery supplements today are:

1. Whey Protein
Most Popular Type Of Protein
1. Optimum 100% Whey Protein
2. BSN Syntha-6
3. MuscleTech Nitro-Tech Hardcore Pro Series

2. Creatine Monohydrate
Most Popular Muscle Building Supplement!
1. BSN NO-Xplode
2. Gaspari Nutrition SuperPump250
3. USPlabs Jack3d

3. Glutamine
Build Lean Muscle Mass*
1. Gaspari Nutrition SuperPump250
2. BSN CellMass
3. MuscleTech Nitro-Tech Hardcore Pro Series

4. NO2
Gain Muscle And Get Better Pumps*
1. BSN NO-Xplode
2. Gaspari Nutrition SuperPump250
3. Universal Animal Stak

5. BCAA
Essential For All Bodybuilders And Athletes
1. Gaspari Nutrition SuperPump250
2. Optimum BCAA 1000 Caps
3. CytoSport Monster Milk

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
this could be beneficial to those who are new to supplements! Nice

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Lotta lousy products on that list. I think the Optimum Whey, Jack3d and Stak are the only ones I'd touch.

Good categories though - I just wouldn't consider popularity or sales the best way to determine which supplements are the best. I see too many skinny-fat poseurs using NoXplode to give it any credibility.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Also, sales /= good product, especially from bb.com.

CROWLER

CROWLER

Anabolic Innovations Owner
Awards
  • Established
ahhhh did you forget

RecoverPRO :)

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Looks like a sales meeting recap at BB.com!!

Nice job Crowler..:run:

hoopem6

Awards
  • Established
Man, you forgot CL's Green Magnitude for Creatine Mono. For price, amount of servings, mix-ability and taste it really can't be beat.

hoopem6

Awards
  • Established
Ahh, my bad man. It's a creatine chelate/mag(nesium) matrix -- sorry for my confusion. I guess I've been using creatine for so long ingredient differentiation was accidentally overlooked when I posted.

fullnelly25

Awards
I hear alot of good things about MRI HSP Active and MuscleMeds Hexagen

capnsavem

capnsavem

Awards
  • Established
seriously though... get MusclePharm Recon on that list.

shotdead42

Awards
Lotta lousy products on that list. I think the Optimum Whey, Jack3d and Stak are the only ones I'd touch.

Good categories though - I just wouldn't consider popularity or sales the best way to determine which supplements are the best. I see too many skinny-fat poseurs using NoXplode to give it any credibility.
Agreed... still i think ON whey is probably #1 though... anyone else thnk theres a better whey out there? for like recovery, leaness and awesomeness lol

chasinSKURT

Awards
lol, most of those products aren't recovery products!

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Agreed... still i think ON whey is probably #1 though... anyone else thnk theres a better whey out there? for like recovery, leaness and awesomeness lol
Straight whey? Yeah, better in price and taste: True Protein and Protein Factory. I used to say All the Whey, but they've been slippin' a bit lately. :(

Other companies have better blends than ON too: LG's Chocolate Lipotropic and MP's Banana Cream Combat are both amazing.

swollwilliams

swollwilliams

Awards
  • Established
i think i've used just about everyone of those supps, but only one i consistently use now is the syntha-6.. a bit pricey in comparison to others, but great tasting. nice thread... and , it is a shame anyone knew to the supplement industry tend to gravitate towards the companies with the biggest advertising budget.. not bashing BSN, Gaspari, etc. but leaves some of the lesser known companies with awesome products for the more knowledgeable shoppers out there

elliot21

Awards
Unlike the chocolate bar or any other kind of bar, Protein bars go a long way in building one's body. In the market place so many brands of bars are available. But, the bar brought out by P90X is really one of the most effective bars available so far.

CROWLER

CROWLER

Anabolic Innovations Owner
Awards
  • Established
23 grams of SUGAR in that bar and tastes horrible.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Man ... going to have a hard time getting believers with that list of supps... they're the top selling supps though. "But for the grace of God..." and (AM)

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Crowler, this is something you guys could clean up with!!(protein bars)

shotdead42

Awards
i think i've used just about everyone of those supps, but only one i consistently use now is the syntha-6.. a bit pricey in comparison to others, but great tasting. nice thread... and , it is a shame anyone knew to the supplement industry tend to gravitate towards the companies with the biggest advertising budget.. not bashing BSN, Gaspari, etc. but leaves some of the lesser known companies with awesome products for the more knowledgeable shoppers out there

dont get me wrong, isnt bsn syntha-6 like a very low quality protein?(never tried it, jus wut i heard) Like the amount of grams for protein and compared to the cholesterol level, is high.which like means high in a low quality concentrated whey. Iunno thats what i heard... not saying you dont know how to choose supps.. lol just wanted to add that in.

oufinny

oufinny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I find it interesting that Prime is not mentioned, to me it is the single best recovery supplement that I ever took. I could literally kill myself and then hit it again the next day like I was completely fresh again, no drink or amount of BCAAs can do that for me.

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I find it interesting that Prime is not mentioned, to me it is the single best recovery supplement that I ever took. I could literally kill myself and then hit it again the next day like I was completely fresh again, no drink or amount of BCAAs can do that for me.
Got my vote Fin!!

Future

:lol: Obviously, Mr. "Geek Squat 495lb for reps." :p

I doubt you would sport the physique you have if these were your faves.
Actually it was 585. ;)

I like whey isolates if they dont make me sick. Some are cheap. Great for my first meal and pwo.

I like simple creatine mono...micronized. I take glutamine, bcaas, bromelain, turmeric. Sometimes I use a stim before training like ECA stack.

I keep it simple. Most of the success was learning to eat BETTER and the right macros for myself. Shelby Starnes a few years ago convinced me to add carbs into my diet. I never looked back.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Shelby Starnes does amazing things for his clients. If I could figure out how to incorporate more carbs without getting flabby almost overnight, I definitely would.
AP and Glycobol and Pslin have changed that for me. I can't pig out on carbs but I can avoid low carb.

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
AP and Glycobol and Pslin have changed that for me. I can't pig out on carbs but I can avoid low carb.
AP has helped a lot. Glycobol is great for cheat meals but makes me hypo with anything less than a ton of carbs. Pslin doesn't do anything for me.

I have currently been doing about a cup of Blueberries with breakfast, a grapefruit post-workout and as many veggies as I want. That's it for carbs - but it's working fairly well. I'm weighing in at ~250 now, still have somewhat visible abs, I'd guess ~12%bf...

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
AP has helped a lot. Glycobol is great for cheat meals but makes me hypo with anything less than a ton of carbs. Pslin doesn't do anything for me.

I have currently been doing about a cup of Blueberries with breakfast, a grapefruit post-workout and as many veggies as I want. That's it for carbs - but it's working fairly well. I'm weighing in at ~250 now, still have somewhat visible abs, I'd guess ~12%bf...
Well there is a reason for that protocol working so well, no insulin release. That's very like the protocol from he OEP pamphlet...

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Well there is a reason for that protocol working so well, no insulin release. That's very like the protocol from he OEP pamphlet...
Well, there still is some insulin being released - I'd die otherwise. :p

But you are right, I am attempting to control insulin release to my advantage. I haven't read the OEP booklet, I don't remember my tester bottle coming with one.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Well, there still is some insulin being released - I'd die otherwise. :p

But you are right, I am attempting to control insulin release to my advantage. I haven't read the OEP booklet, I don't remember my tester bottle coming with one.
No I mean with your morning meal there is no release apparently with 15 grams of carbs or less. This keeps you in fat burn for longer as that is the state you are in when your wake up.

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
No I mean with your morning meal there is no release apparently with 15 grams of carbs or less. This keeps you in fat burn for longer as that is the state you are in when your wake up.
I've got 60g of protein and ~60g Fat to go with those blueberries, so there's still some insulin action taking place (due to the insulinogenic nature of some amino acids and fas). Lipolysis remains high because, like you said, carbs remain low, so fat and gluconeogenesis remain the primary sources of glucose.

The interesting thing, to me, is that it has not inhibited my strength or weight gains in the slightest - I've still been making consistent gains in both.