Why I never liked Jack3d

bigbeef

bigbeef

Awards
  • Established
Several months ago I kept hearing rave reviews of jack3d. How great it was and how awesome your workouts would be, so I ordered a small white tub. When I got it and tried it the first time I was satisfied but after that it was very hit and miss. When I first opened my container it looked like it had gotten moisture in it. Some white powder and some yellowish clumps. Always had to try to grind it up with a fork and figured I never got a consistent mix as to why it was hit and miss. Well I got some sample packs of it. It was all fine powder,no clumps, and have to say I truelly think it is a great product now. Maybe the place just sold me some old stock or something. It was not nutra planet that I got it from. So if you have had the same experience as I did you might want to order some fresh stock from usp or nutra, or dump the entire thing in a grinder to get it to be consistent

capnsavem

capnsavem

Awards
  • Established
misleading thread title :)

anywho... sounds like maybe it was missing a moisture absorption packet in there?... i've never had that problem with either jacked or jack3d formulas...

glad to hear that was you're only gripe though. i'm on the "Jackedwagon".

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
that explains alot. i thought it was normal when i got my tub of it. i had clumps in it and looked like somebody dumped water in there. does anybody/any websites have free samples?

justjon

Awards
Me and 2 of my friends had had the same moisture probloms with jack3di got overe it quickly too. i have andrualic pump from LG on the way now, ive read great reviews on it

Flaw

Flaw

Awards
  • Established
Maybe you should put this in the reviews section..

brownstown89

Awards
  • Established
I feel you guys on jack3d, as well. It is a great product for some but not for me. I always witnessed a major crash with it and my body got use to the dosage very quickly But the product was too expensive to keep buying. So now I am a huge fan of Methyl Mass, cotton candy is the best...lol

jacked is 20 bucks ? please tell me what preworkout is cheaper lol thats like skipping ordering pizza one day a month. but i do agree jacked makes me crash i use to sleep 4-6 hrs go to class for 2 hrs lift and then when i got home id crash for a good 4-5 hrs lol

and anyways methl mass? isnt that a pro hormone ? not trying to be a smart ass but idk lol

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I feel you guys on jack3d, as well. It is a great product for some but not for me. I always witnessed a major crash with it and my body got use to the dosage very quickly But the product was too expensive to keep buying. So now I am a huge fan of Methyl Mass, cotton candy is the best...lol
I would agree completely: twenty-dollars for at least twenty workouts is far too expensive, especially when considered relative to other products in the category. Glad we can agree, here!

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
i have learned not to take pre workouts. your body starts to rely on them and once you dont take it one workout or dont have enough cash for it, u have a terrible workout cause your used to a pre workout supplement. i like a good ol cup of coffee

noot

noot

Awards
  • Established
Coffee is weak.

BoyFromAus

Awards
  • Established
my old bottle of Jack3d got ****ed by the moisture and the sun. It all went brown and of a biscuit texture.

It was a shame, there was still half a bottle to go.

nparisi

nparisi

Awards
  • Established
jack3d is not expensive, are you kidding?
methyl mass is in the 40-50 dollar range everywhere I've looked online.
No dice

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
i have learned not to take pre workouts. your body starts to rely on them and once you dont take it one workout or dont have enough cash for it, u have a terrible workout cause your used to a pre workout supplement. i like a good ol cup of coffee
Yah I use Jacked stategically, just when I need it. I don't think it should be used with every workout, just when you need the extra umph

capnsavem

capnsavem

Awards
  • Established
my old bottle of Jack3d got ****ed by the moisture and the sun. It all went brown and of a biscuit texture.

It was a shame, there was still half a bottle to go.
where in the he11 do you guys keep your tubs of jacked?... do you put it up on your dashboard during a hot summer day than pop it in the fridge?????

mine has always been fine.ive gone thru 2 tubs of the original and 2 tubs of the new formula.

bigbeef

bigbeef

Awards
  • Established
mine was like that when I got it out of the box it was delivered in

Yes, you are correct about the price for Methyl Mass. But the price you are seeing is for 550 grams as opposed to paying $30 for 250gm of jack3d
I tend to forget product effectiveness is judged by weight. I also tend to remember a huge selling point of jack3d is the smaller size and smaller scoop.

The hottest moving product in the industry also breeds the hottest hate. I cherish these threads...

bigbeef

bigbeef

Awards
  • Established
Just to make it clear I am not hating on it at all. Once I realized that my first tub was exposed to moisture and not suppose to be that way I love the stuff

BKemp

Awards
My buddy loves the stuff, I am going to give it a shot soon.

capnsavem

capnsavem

Awards
  • Established
how big is a scoop when its a 20 workout supply and 550 grams in the tub?

Just to make it clear I am not hating on it at all. Once I realized that my first tub was exposed to moisture and not suppose to be that way I love the stuff
My response was to the illogical weight comparison as a way to promote a product.

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Jacked is the best Pre-work supplement and best price IMO, and to have that is freaking awesome for me.

BoyFromAus

Awards
  • Established
where in the he11 do you guys keep your tubs of jacked?... do you put it up on your dashboard during a hot summer day than pop it in the fridge?????

mine has always been fine.ive gone thru 2 tubs of the original and 2 tubs of the new formula.
yea, it was my fault, i'm not blaming USP.

I'd always keep it in my car boot which could go upto 50*C on a warm day.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yes, you are correct about the price for Methyl Mass. But the price you are seeing is for 550 grams as opposed to paying $30 for 250gm of jack3d
Sigh. I remember when shills would at least put in some type of marginal effort to discredit a product.

bigbeef

bigbeef

Awards
  • Established
I also suggest not going for the maximum dose either. many people think more is better and just go for the max right off the bat. I am pretty stim tolerant and get by on one scoop. I dont feel anykind real rush but can def tell the difference in the gym when I take it

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I get kind of tired with this best/worst product comparisions where it's become completely obvious that the best product for you wil not be the best for someone else. Jacked is a good product works well for me. I don't require any more than what it supplies. Is there a better product... I don't care, I am getting what I need.

borobulker

borobulker

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I get kind of tired with this best/worst product comparisions where it's become completely obvious that the best product for you wil not be the best for someone else. Jacked is a good product works well for me. I don't require any more than what it supplies. Is there a better product... I don't care, I am getting what I need.
Perfect. I hate VS. threads too... Use one, then use the other and let us know how it worked for you!

bubbachew

Awards
  • Established
Or just use Jack3d forever, and be done with it. Still my favorite. Thanks USPlabs

jumpshot903

jumpshot903

Awards
  • Established
Ive mentioned this before in other threads about jack3d i personally like the forumla the fact theres no hiding ingredients no added ingredients and it gives great energy, focus, pump but ive always witnessed a few negatives with it now i still dont mind the product but what ive noticed is, As someone mentioned a major crash about an hour after id lift id crash and basically fall asleep at 4 in the afternoon which never happens. Its good if you lift at night to fall asleep faster lol but not during day. Also taste its unbearable to me like chugging 4 ounces of high quality drain cleaner.

Now my new jack3d fruit punch should be here soon so if i can cross off the taste aspect i can deal with the crash as i still think its a solid product.

jumpshot903

jumpshot903

Awards
  • Established
:240:
Although i do agree with this statement to some regards i dont see why you wouldnt want to move up to a better product am i saying there is one out there maybe, maybe not. But id have to disagree i mean everyone would like an upgrade say your drving around in a 94' buick now it may be fine for what you need but whose to say if you got the opportunity to get in something like a 2010 Volvo or something i dont know a person that wouldnt want to upgrade. I agree in the aspect that its a good product and the fact that whats best for someone may not be best for others, but how can we decide whats best for us without threads, posts, debates like this where we weigh the pros and cons of said product. But i just generally disagree with the fact that what im getting suffices i dont care if there is something better i have all i need when there very well could be something revoulutionary that comes up that has all that jack3d does and more.

Just my 2 cents:dot:

Flaw

Flaw

Awards
  • Established
Yeah I agree and then when you build tolerance to one you look to find another one and the cycle continues. It becomes a mind thing too. Whether it actually works or not really don't matter if your convinced it works and if you don't take it your workout will suck without it. I had huge gains and success on the first ever pre-workout mix I ever took. It was from the company VNS. It was called Jacked. It was CEE, citrulline malate and AAKG. I had great pumps and lots of energy. Had big gains for 2 months straight. People honestly thought I was on a roid cycle. Then I ran out. Took it again months later and it wasn't the same. Didn't have the same effects. Then tried it again later and got nothing from it. Tried other ones and the same thing happend. Now I get little to no effect from any pre-workout mix. The stimulants in some of them may be the only thing I feel. Now I just use coffee or ephedrine pre-workout.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
:240:

Although i do agree with this statement to some regards i dont see why you wouldnt want to move up to a better product am i saying there is one out there maybe, maybe not. But id have to disagree i mean everyone would like an upgrade say your drving around in a 94' buick now it may be fine for what you need but whose to say if you got the opportunity to get in something like a 2010 Volvo or something i dont know a person that wouldnt want to upgrade. I agree in the aspect that its a good product and the fact that whats best for someone may not be best for others, but how can we decide whats best for us without threads, posts, debates like this where we weigh the pros and cons of said product. But i just generally disagree with the fact that what im getting suffices i dont care if there is something better i have all i need when there very well could be something revoulutionary that comes up that has all that jack3d does and more.

Just my 2 cents:dot:
Generally I would agree with what you are trying to say about products. It's just that pre-workout stimulation is not that important in the grand scheme. I only use it occasionaly as I am very focussed as I have been doing this for a long time. A lot of people abuse these products and they can be very habit forming. Then there is the expense of trial and error, if you already have something that meets your particular needs then why spend a lot on something that may or may not. Jacked works tremendously well for me at a low dose when I need a little jump in my routine. A tub will last me about 4 months so it's very economical. I am also not interested in anything that is heavier on the stomach, Jacked mixes well in 3 or 4 onzes of water.

It simply is not something I am looking to improve upon right now. In other areas I keep a close watch. I added Ghenerate based on peoples reccomendations and am glad I did. My methods for selecting supps has been very beneficial as of late. DTH was a wash for me but there was enough positive feedback for me to want to take the chance.

justjon

Awards
i never liked it ethier, superpump was ok. adadraulic state on the way

nparisi

nparisi

Awards
  • Established
i never liked it ethier, superpump was ok. adadraulic state on the way
LOL In the 'adverse reaction to jack3d' thread, you just posted 'go for anadraulic pump' within minutes of this post.

jumpshot903

jumpshot903

Awards
  • Established
Well let me justs ay i got my jack3d fruit punch in the mail today and just by the smell i may be a believer again lol, when someone mentioned pina colada they werent kidding lol its smell just like it cant wait to try.

noot

noot

Awards
  • Established
I might be wrong, but I looked through the tub of Jack3d today and it seems like it's missing those "moisture control" little packet, couldn't this be the reason for the clumps and the "yellowish" discoloring?

As for mine, it was very fine and clean powder, no clumps or nothing. So maybe it's just a better seal.

Sure is a nice product overall. *thumbs up*

nparisi

nparisi

Awards
  • Established
The jack3d tropical punch is great FWIW. Great taste, same great effects.

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
LOL In the 'adverse reaction to jack3d' thread, you just posted 'go for anadraulic pump' within minutes of this post.
Interesting.

matthias7

matthias7

Awards
  • Established
Jack3D is a bit more than a stim., it is a potent stim though and does cause tolerance.

Its also a source of creatine as well as an extract of schisandra, neither are stims.

What I'd like is FocusDirt - USPpowders are always out of stock. I suspect FocusDirt is incorpoated in Jack. FD is just a schisandra extract.

borobulker

borobulker

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Jack3D is a bit more than a stim., it is a potent stim though and does cause tolerance.

Its also a source of creatine as well as an extract of schisandra, neither are stims.

What I'd like is FocusDirt - USPpowders are always out of stock. I suspect FocusDirt is incorpoated in Jack. FD is just a schisandra extract.
Schizandrol A

This compound is an exciting one...

It has not only been shown to outperform amphetamine in cognitive tasks involving focus, but it has also been shown to greatly increase the capacity of muscles to perform work,while also increasing physical force. In essence, it is able to provide a stimulating effect to the body and mind [1].

Last, but certainly not least; unlike various stimulants which can increase catabolic hormone levels (i.e. glucocorticoids), this compound has been shown to lower levels of hormones like cortisol in animal models [2].

And, as we all know, cortisol is dramatically increased during a workout and can stop muscle growth in its tracks.

Schizandrol A will help keep cortisol at bay so you can get bigger, stronger & leaner!

Don't get confused with the cheap, ineffective Shizandra found in some other products. Our Schizandrol A is a potent Engineered Extract only found in USPlabs Jack3d.

References Cited

1. Panossian A, Wagner H. Stimulating effect of adaptogens: an overview with particular reference to their efficacy following single dose administration. Phytother Res. 2005 Oct;19(10):819-838
2. Lee S, Kim DH, Jung JW, et al. Schizandra chinensis and Scutellaria baicalensis counter stress behaviors in mice. Phytother Res. 2007 Dec;21(12):1187-1192

majormass

Awards
i ve tried it once and it impressed the hell out of me. the only thing i would do to change it is switch gplc instead of aakg. the pumps werent that good with it but strength and focust all thats an 11 on a 10 scale

borobulker

borobulker

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
i ve tried it once and it impressed the hell out of me. the only thing i would do to change it is switch gplc instead of aakg. the pumps werent that good with it but strength and focust all thats an 11 on a 10 scale
Thanks!

Feel free to add GPLC.

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
mind if i inquire as to what GPLC is?
Glycine Propionyl-L-Carnitine. A propionyl ester of carnitine (PLC) with an additional glycine molecule. Promotes significant increases in phosphocreatine/ATP synthesis, supports mitochondrial energy production, improves endurance, boosts nitric oxide synthesis, vasodilation, and endothelial function, supports enhanced glycogen synthesis, counters lactic acid build-up, provides powerful anti-oxidant protection, and so on.

Primordial Performance currently offers some of the most complete (in terms of clinically-supported doses) implementations of this compound.

See: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/primordial-performance/142090-primordial-performance-presents.html

They have it stand-alone, and as part of their pre-workout product, PreMax.

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established

AverageToHUGE

Awards
I know what you mean about the crash I get it bad to but it's great for working out imo. I feel like I can go a mile a minute when I take it.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Glycine Propionyl-L-Carnitine. A propionyl ester of carnitine (PLC) with an additional glycine molecule. Promotes significant increases in phosphocreatine/ATP synthesis, supports mitochondrial energy production, improves endurance, boosts nitric oxide synthesis, vasodilation, and endothelial function, supports enhanced glycogen synthesis, counters lactic acid build-up, provides powerful anti-oxidant protection, and so on.

Primordial Performance currently offers some of the most complete (in terms of clinically-supported doses) implementations of this compound.

See: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/primordial-performance/142090-primordial-performance-presents.html

They have it stand-alone, and as part of their pre-workout product, PreMax.

I would have liked to try this but they don't deliver to Canada...