Drop of vinegar before sleeping may improve body composition

Page 3 of 4 First 1234 Last
  1. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Frequency View Post
    except if this is use before bed you going to negate the gh boosting effects
    mmm never thought of that

in that case, pour your ACV in a shooter glass and take it like a man

Quote Originally Posted by Jake Fires View Post
    im just telling you what ive read. idk give it a try.i popped a zit on my face this morning . it got really red so i put some vinegar on it. let it sit for about 1 min then rinsed with water. took the redness away pretty good.
    in the case of single zits/pimples, i found this product really helpful. Put it on overnight and the pimple will shrink greatly and become unnoticeable after popping of course.

http://www.acne.org/proactiv-refinin...144/page1.html

2. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  198 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by niCe99 View Post
    mmm never thought of that

in that case, pour your ACV in a shooter glass and take it like a man

in the case of single zits/pimples, i found this product really helpful. Put it on overnight and the pimple will shrink greatly and become unnoticeable after popping of course.

http://www.acne.org/proactiv-refinin...144/page1.html
    Thats how i do it. I put gaba in it as well. lol the ACV is actually sitting im my liquor cabinet because my shot glasses are in there.
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  238 lbs.
    Answers

I've been taking Celery seed pills with ACV it at night. I'm prone to gout and Celery seed really helps. It knocks me out and I've been sleeping very hard, which is great!
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  240 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Ubiquitous View Post
    I've been using Apple Cider Vinegar for a few years. Originally I used it for glycogen partitioning, but have since been more interested in alkalizing effects of foods. Even though APV is acidic with a PH ranging between 3.5-7 (depending on the brand), when digested the citric acid in APV breaks down and form alkaline ions (postassium citrate or magnesium citrate). It actually increases alkalinity once digested, which is interesting, at least for me. I'm still pretty new to the whole ionizing and alkalizing schools of thought, but it certainly is worth looking into. I have good friends that swear by it.
    I wonder if all of us ZMA users could just drop the magnesium, and take zinc with some ACV. I wonder how much ACV we would need.
  5. Registered User
    Stats
    6'4"  260 lbs.
    Answers

I tried a little mixed in a glass of water after dinner last night. Ill keep testing it out since we have this giant jug of it

Doesn't taste bad with water
  6. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  165 lbs.
    Answers

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Ewing View Post
    I tried a little mixed in a glass of water after dinner last night. Ill keep testing it out since we have this giant jug of it

Doesn't taste bad with water
    hehehahah doesnt taste bad with water..
    get out of town lol

it always makes me think im about to start making easter eggs
  7. Registered User
    Stats
    6'4"  260 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Jake Fires View Post
    hehehahah doesnt taste bad with water..
    get out of town lol

it always makes me think im about to start making easter eggs
    hahah if this stuff helps at all, ill test it out every night for awhile.

Theres any studies on it helping sleep?
  8. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  232 lbs.
    Answers

I don't know about studies but 1 tbsp of ACV, 1.5mg of melatonin before bed and I'm out like a light the whole night.

Was using some ZMK for a few nights but just ran out. I have some somnidren laying around I might start taking also. Just because I have it.

I dunno, so far I'm in love with this ACV/Melatonin combo
  9. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  175 lbs.
    Answers

Get a tomato...make a hole inside and pour 2 tblsp of the Organic APV inside and eat the tomato...sprinkle some salt...tastes great and u wont really feel the acidity that much
  10. Registered User
    Stats
    5'6"  160 lbs.
    Answers

just got a big bottle of the organic stuff at whole foods for $3.50. gonna try it tonight!
  11. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  198 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by FilipeBR View Post
    Get a tomato...make a hole inside and pour 2 tblsp of the Organic APV inside and eat the tomato...sprinkle some salt...tastes great and u wont really feel the acidity that much
    Again if this before bed, or really anytime, it will probably negate the desired effect of the ACV. The main point of taking ACV is to maximize GH levels, unless your using organic stuff for acne, and it supposedly does so by lower sugar levels and thus lowering insulin. Somebody will correct any points ive missed if ive missed any. Anyhow consuming anything that will raise blood sugar with ACV will ultimately negate you desired effect. It could however help with weight control or loss though quite minimally as they say it only lowers blood sugar by up to 4%. Now it could be exponentially higher the higher BGL you have.
  12. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  175 lbs.
    Answers

Again if this before bed, or really anytime, it will probably negate the desired effect of the ACV. The main point of taking ACV is to maximize GH levels, unless your using organic stuff for acne, and it supposedly does so by lower sugar levels and thus lowering insulin. Somebody will correct any points ive missed if ive missed any. Anyhow consuming anything that will raise blood sugar with ACV will ultimately negate you desired effect. It could however help with weight control or loss though quite minimally as they say it only lowers blood sugar by up to 4%. Now it could be exponentially higher the higher BGL you have.
    You're right
  13. Registered User
    Stats
    5'6"  160 lbs.
    Answers

OMG it's nasty even mixed in a glass of water. I used 1 TBSP.
  14. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by vudoo View Post
    OMG it's nasty even mixed in a glass of water. I used 1 TBSP.
    its an acquired taste

btw, my ability to take shots of hard liquor has improved since starting ACV !
  15. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  232 lbs.
    Answers

Yeah the taste grows on you. I'm a week and a half in and it's not nearly as bad as that first gulp was.
  16. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  198 lbs.
    Answers

its an acquired taste

btw, my ability to take shots of hard liquor has improved since starting ACV !
    start shooting 151 regularly and youll look forward to the ACV lol
  17. Registered User
    Answers

start shooting 151 regularly and youll look forward to the ACV lol
    i honestly cannot believe anyone can enjoy a drink of 151 let alone a shot of 151....

i remember i took 2 shots of it at once one time at a club. it was my first time and i didnt know what 151 was. needless to say i puked all over this girl i was dancing with...
  18. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  198 lbs.
    Answers

i honestly cannot believe anyone can enjoy a drink of 151 let alone a shot of 151....

i remember i took 2 shots of it at once one time at a club. it was my first time and i didnt know what 151 was. needless to say i puked all over this girl i was dancing with...
    lol the **** burns but after a couple it will go down smooth lol
  19. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  175 lbs.
    Answers

I really doubt it does anything but the placebo effect is great...i THINK i actually sleep better, even though I think it's all psychological because of everyone saying it's a miracle drink lol oh well...at least i FEEL like it works, let's see how long it lasts.
  20. Registered User
    Answers

Go for the liquid, Bragg brand I definitely noticed better digestion with the stuff, just slam it fast and don't drink TOO Much water with it, it will increase stomach acid which will aid digestion but diluting it with too much water will lower that effect. It REALLY helped DOMS, also don't keep it in your mouth long because of how acidic it is, your tooth enamel won't be happy with you. Great stuff though and cheap, Apple Cider Vinegar, digestive enzymes and a good probiotic and your good to go digestion wise.
  21. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by FilipeBR View Post
    I really doubt it does anything but the placebo effect is great...i THINK i actually sleep better, even though I think it's all psychological because of everyone saying it's a miracle drink lol oh well...at least i FEEL like it works, let's see how long it lasts.
    lol ACV not doing anything?

practically cured my acne. i find if i dont take ACV, acne will start popping up (yes experimented).

placebo or not, i will always take it now. plus it is super cheap
  22. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  232 lbs.
    Answers

Yeah, I don't think it's a placebo otherwise I wouldn't have all these vivid dreams that I normally don't have. But, wether it will actually DO something for body comp, well, that's to be seen yet and even if mine changes. I don't know if I'll ever be able to credit ACV all by itself.

But, I'm not stopping it's usage that's for sure.
  23. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  240 lbs.
    Answers

Somebody on this thread said that it partly converts to magnesium citrate. magnesium is a muscle relaxant, so that could explain the improved sleep.
  24. Registered User
    Stats
    6'4"  260 lbs.
    Answers

its dirt cheap, so why not and try it. I always forget to take it, well i moved in with gf and didnt bring huge gallon of it with me lol
  25. Registered User
    Stats
    6'4"  260 lbs.
    Answers

lol ACV not doing anything?

practically cured my acne. i find if i dont take ACV, acne will start popping up (yes experimented).

placebo or not, i will always take it now. plus it is super cheap
    How much is good to ingest for acne?
  26. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Ewing View Post
    How much is good to ingest for acne?
    when i did it for acne, i used 2 tablespoons (15ml) split up

1 tablespoon upon wakening
    1 tablespoon pre-bed
  27. Registered User
    Stats
    6'4"  260 lbs.
    Answers

I started using it, i drink alittle at night and started today in the morning. I heard its good to mix with water if you drink alot of water to balance your ph levels. I drink a few gallons at least every day.
  28. Registered User
    Answers

Im curious if any of you have noticed composition changes or recovery?
    I go on SomnidrenGH or GABA and within a week i can sleep great, feel more full upon awakening, recover better and all the other benefits.
    No i want to try this, but until someone tell me that they are experiencing something more noticable than "better sleep" i may save my taste buds the hassle.

Also, i find it odd about the organic vs. non-organic, any insight from people on this? I like to think this is effecting GH release(of course only by lowering blood sugar) Just need more feedback

I'd like feedback from those who have used something specific for GH at night and what was it?
  29. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  240 lbs.
    Answers

Ive found my dosage that seemed to clear my skin, but then my digestion whent kind of wonky(it hasn't been good for a good while now) and I have a few pimples back( I never really have more than a few anyway). Im gonna start taking digestive enzymes, and see if that helps.
  30. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.
    Answers

Interesting read. I have never heard of taking ACV for acne or to decrease blood sugar. I may have to try it.
  31. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  240 lbs.
    Answers

Well, I didn't have bad acne, just the occasional pimple, and I still have the occasional pimple. This stuff would probably clear up a guy with a nutrient deficiency, but Im pretty loaded. Some one said that this stuff converts to magnesium citrate and a form of potassium. I upped my dosage a lot higher than a tablespoon also. You could probably take potassium citrate and eat bananas, and not have to suffer through that period before the acidic substance breaks down in your stomach.
  32. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  235 lbs.
    Answers

I do the test with Ordinary cooking vinegar with high complex carbs and the stuff works wonders!
    SNS Online Representative
    Maxximal @ seriousnutritionsolutions.com

Got Glycophase ...?

33. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  235 lbs.
    Answers

unpasteurized apple cider vinegar is rich in enzymes and carries more health benefits Consider using that over the pasteurized version found in most stores?

Got Glycophase ...?

34. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  215 lbs.
    Answers

A lady friend takes organic apple cider vinegar on a daily basis.
    She said that it helps with sleep, helps her bowel regularity and seems to boost her energy when she wakes up.
    She also takes coconut oil, flaxseed oil, is vegan, and uses stevia instead of sugar.
    "I don't want anything. I don't want anybody. That's the worst part. When the want goes, that's bad."
    (Doug Stanhope as Eddie on Louie)
  35. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  235 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by GuyverX View Post
    A lady friend takes organic apple cider vinegar on a daily basis.
    She said that it helps with sleep, helps her bowel regularity and seems to boost her energy when she wakes up.
    She also takes coconut oil, flaxseed oil, is vegan, and uses stevia instead of sugar.
    Awesome! i will buy another bottle!

Got Glycophase ...?

36. Registered User
    Stats
    6'3"  272 lbs.
    Answers

Interesting stuff guys, I will have to try this.
    Paging Dr. Banner. . .
  37. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  232 lbs.
    Answers

I'm still taking this everynight, still have vivid dreams, I also think it's helping me lean out. But to be honest there is a lot of stuff working for that right now and I can't place it all on ACV. But it definitely is helping
  38. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  235 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Dizmal View Post
    I'm still taking this everynight, still have vivid dreams, I also think it's helping me lean out. But to be honest there is a lot of stuff working for that right now and I can't place it all on ACV. But it definitely is helping
    Nice Man!!

you think is good idea taken with supplements?

Got Glycophase ...?

39. Registered User
    Stats
    6'5"  275 lbs.
    Answers

i take acv three times daily 1 tbsp with agave syrup and water.. it has helped with my diabetes, as well as blood pressure. Its very affordable only 13 dollars for a whole gallons of braggs organic acv at vitamin shoppe. for all its health benefits it can't hurt any bodybuilder. only negative is the acidic nature on one's teeth. easily remedied by rinsing your mouth with water afterwards.
  40. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  232 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by MAxximal View Post
    Nice Man!!

you think is good idea taken with supplements?
    I don't see why not?? I only dose before bed. It only affects the blood sugar levels from what I gather. May help with carb heavy meals to prevent a spike in insulin also?? Don't quote me though!

I've been using supps straight through it's usage. I just find it gives me the vivid dreams when taken before bed just like every other GH supplement I've taken. So I believe it helps witht he GH release while sleeping. Plus, $5 worth lasts a LONG time!
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. ALA and body composition
    By kingdong in forum Supplements
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-28-2010, 07:50 PM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-19-2006, 04:53 PM
  3. body composition months after PCT?
    By Warhead_321 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-10-2004, 10:19 AM