Knee Pain and Joint Supps

Blutarski

Blutarski

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Just getting an idea from everyone as to what has worked for them in relieving joint pain. My pain is specifically in my left knee, and is getting to the point that it's affecting my workouts and just getting around every day. I have had the knee checked out and it's mainly tendonitis with some very slight cartilage fraying. The only joint supplement that I have tried is SuperCissusRX about 2 years ago, which did help. I know there are more products on the market in this category so was curious about results that others may have had. Thanks in advance for the help.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Just getting an idea from everyone as to what has worked for them in relieving joint pain. My pain is specifically in my left knee, and is getting to the point that it's affecting my workouts and just getting around every day. I have had the knee checked out and it's mainly tendonitis with some very slight cartilage fraying. The only joint supplement that I have tried is SuperCissusRX about 2 years ago, which did help. I know there are more products on the market in this category so was curious about results that others may have had. Thanks in advance for the help.
OsteoSport worked miracles for me. I have also used Osteobolin-C (similar to SuperCissus Rx), but had to dose it 3-4 times higher than recommended for effects.

~Rosie
Team APPNUT

Jag

Jag

Awards
  • Established
SuperCissus Rx without a doubt.

Off topic: Rosie, your last two avatars, phew!!!! :party:
No disrespect intended

FlexW99

FlexW99

Awards
  • Established
Blutarski,

I too have tendonitis in both my knees. So severe at times, its hard to walk, forget about sqautting or the like. Doc wants me to rehab, stop my sports. Couldn't do it.

So, I'm sure as heck not 100% but it's a never ending battle that seems to have gotten better for me. I've taken SuperCissusRx which helped. I also logged LG's Joint Repair however I don't think the product is out yet.

I would recommend SuperCissus RX by USPlabs since its available for sure.

Hope this helps.

edwitt

edwitt

Awards
  • Established
Animal Flex was a life saver for $19.50 for 44 day supply.. Awesome product, winner of best joint supp

KimboBatista

Awards
Super Cissus RX by USP Labs has done wonders for my joints.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
On another note, if it's tendonitis, then be sure that you do your best to rehab it to ensure that it doesn't get worse and causing further issues.

~Rosie
Team APPNUT

matthias7

matthias7

Awards
  • Established
SuperCissus, Glucosamine standard.

NSAIDs (non-steriodal anti-inflamatory drugs) should be tried if it relates to muscle inflamation. 7 days every 4 waking hours at 400mg for ibuprophen. Will not affect tendon damage.

I'm just recovering from (another) muscle inflamation - lots of sleep was enough in my case. I think I went too heavy on bicep curls.

If you are doing Cissus then good physio and ultra-sound (if you can get it) if its tendon related. A heat lamp has previously been suggested - I use hot water (shower / bath) for muscle stuff. Helps a bit.

Blutarski

Blutarski

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Thanks for all the suggestions guys, it sucks to get old!! Never had any of these problems 10 years ago. Hope to hear more suggestions, and I'l try to log my results when I decide which route I'm going to go. Thanks again.

RoadBlocK

RoadBlocK

Awards
  • Established
Some good tips, although I have to say Im a total non responder to cissus, after trying a couple of types, I got nothing, but as suggested already, I would definitely try a supplement with Glucosamine Chondroitin Msm, there are quite a few out there, try a brand you like or one you already know that makes it. If it works you should notice some relief in 3-4 days.

jminis

jminis

Awards
  • Established
SuperCissus has helped me a lot and can be had for fairly cheap. Also can be had in powder form and capped to get even bigger savings.

tnubs

tnubs

Awards
  • Established
try switching from squats to leg press for a bit and see if it helps. ive been feeling so much better once i stopped

Jag

Jag

Awards
  • Established
try switching from squats to leg press for a bit and see if it helps. ive been feeling so much better once i stopped
Yes, leg press definitely. When i had knee issues walking lunges never bothered me whereas standard lunges in the one spot did.

Also leg extensions gave me worse pain than squats ever did. Even now i only do the top range of the movement.

Blutarski

Blutarski

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Picked up 2 bottles of Osteosport to give it a good long run. I will report back my results, and try to log it as long as I think I will have enough time to do a proper job. If not I'll def give some feedback. Thanks again for the feedback.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Picked up 2 bottles of Osteosport to give it a good long run. I will report back my results, and try to log it as long as I think I will have enough time to do a proper job. If not I'll def give some feedback. Thanks again for the feedback.
Awesome. Hope that you are as happy with the product as I am.

~Rosie
Team APPNUT

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
I ran a log on Osteosport for a month and it was a fantastic product. It really helped my knees (heavy weight/injuries) and shoulders (kettlebell training/tennis) tenfold. If I wasn't poor...i'd get more, haha

Blutarski

Blutarski

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Deuce, I know what you mean about being poor. I've taken advantage of these nice sales and stocked up on alot of different things over the past 2 months. Hoping to sift through what works and doesn't and get a core group of things that work for me. If the Osteosport works though it will be up there on the list, hard to train if you can't move!

ckozlgod

Awards
Sam-E@ 400-600mg's daily.

Can be kinda expensive, but it works

Xpballer

Awards
  • Established
idk if you take a vitamin or not, but controlled labs orange triad is a pretty nice all around wellness product, and contains glucosamine chondroitin and MSM for joints. That along with cissus or something should be real nice.

BigNutz

BigNutz

Awards
  • Established
Some background first. Have been religiously training for 15 years. Tried a lot of different supps. I had tendonitis in the elbow pretty severely, after 3 weeks on Spring Valley (wal mart brand) Glucosamine/Chrondoiton, totally healed. Have taken it ever since.

Also, NSAIDS horrible on the liver, and have heard they affect protein synthesis negatively. Orange Triad has Echinacea, which I have been told by Dana Houser, sports MD, that taking Echinacea in a multi is a no-no as it is mildly liver toxic.

I take SAMe for liver values as well. And that has worked wonders for my liver (normalized all high values after blood work), supposedly good for joints as well, and greatly increased my mood. Wonder supplement I say.

Get some SAMe (independent testing has shown Nature Made brand had the amount of active ingredient listed) with the money youll save on some walmart brand Glucosamine and you will have the best of both worlds.

Some great SAMe info:

http://search.lef.org/cgi-src-bin/MsmGo.exe?grab_id=0&page_id=6461&query=SAMe&hiword=SAMES SAMe

http://www.lef.org/magazine/mag97/june-report972.html

http://search.lef.org/cgi-src-bin/MsmGo.exe?grab_id=0&page_id=6446&query=SAMe&hiword=SAMES SAMe

Also, good idea to refrigerate SAMe. Hope this helps.

islandmagic

islandmagic

Awards
  • Established
Animal Flex has all been good to me

Blutarski

Blutarski

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
idk if you take a vitamin or not, but controlled labs orange triad is a pretty nice all around wellness product, and contains glucosamine chondroitin and MSM for joints. That along with cissus or something should be real nice.
I have tried Orange Triad didn't get much relief (around 1 yr ago).

borobulker

borobulker

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
The only joint supplement that I have tried is SuperCissusRX about 2 years ago, which did help. I know there are more products on the market in this category so was curious about results that others may have had. Thanks in advance for the help.
Since then we have increase the ingredients up to 800mg/cap at no additional charge and we have also attained the United States Patent on the extract that you have grown to love!

Thanks for your support!

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
Since then we have increase the ingredients up to 800mg/cap at no additional charge and we have also attained the United States Patent on the extract that you have grown to love!

Thanks for your support!
nerd.

how ya been? haven't seen you anywhere ghost.

borobulker

borobulker

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
nerd.

how ya been? haven't seen you anywhere ghost.
hahah CT! I hide in our sub-forum, hunched over until poked... :)

How are the little ones?

phL8Tme

phL8Tme

Awards
Glucosamine and condroitin/MSM did very little for me with knee and shoulder and albow pain. I added Cissus ( I buy bulk powder and mix with H2O and lemon juice) and have been smiling ever since!

Blutarski

Blutarski

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Glucosamine and condroitin/MSM did very little for me with knee and shoulder and albow pain. I added Cissus ( I buy bulk powder and mix with H2O and lemon juice) and have been smiling ever since!
Wow, the bulk cissus I've tried is not palatable unless capped or parachuted. Pretty hardcore to make a "Cissus Arnold Palmer". Thanks for the feedback.

CONTROLLED LABS

CONTROLLED LABS

PROnom 23.... NOM NOM NOM
Awards
  • Established

Thanks for your support!
cissus + orange triad + fish oil is the best way

capnsavem

capnsavem

Awards
  • Established
supercissus powder + fish oil
like another poster said, heat it. the hot shower/bath does more than many realize.

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
hahah CT! I hide in our sub-forum, hunched over until poked... :)

How are the little ones?
yeah man...I figured you were practicing your hide and seek skills.

boys are getting monsterous. 23lbs each at 6 months...lol. Future Linebackers of America I guess ;)

Blutarski

Blutarski

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Quick update, tried some BioFreeze on the knee last night and got some relief, not total but helped some. Might be something I keep in the arsenal when things act up a bit.

Blutarski

Blutarski

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Instead of starting a new topic just decided to update this old one. I'm now on day 8 of Osteosport (5 capsules daily taken upon waking). I have yet to experience that pain relieving nirvana that i had hoped for but I have noticed some benefits as far as a decrease in left knee pain to a more tolerable level. I will continue to update as I can and will run the full 30 days at the full dosage to properly guage effects of the product. I seem to be a non responder to alot of things but I have had good luck with Cissus in the past. Hoping things kick in for the near future.

darkwing

Awards
Instead of starting a new topic just decided to update this old one. I'm now on day 8 of Osteosport (5 capsules daily taken upon waking). I have yet to experience that pain relieving nirvana that i had hoped for but I have noticed some benefits as far as a decrease in left knee pain to a more tolerable level. I will continue to update as I can and will run the full 30 days at the full dosage to properly guage effects of the product. I seem to be a non responder to alot of things but I have had good luck with Cissus in the past. Hoping things kick in for the near future.
Keep us updated. Most of us have joint pain at some time or another, but unfortunatly for us older guys it is more often than not.

JN230

JN230

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
best i have ever ever ever used was GLC2000 it was amazing how fast and well it worked

Blutarski

Blutarski

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I have to say the OsteoSport continues to kick in since my last update a few day ago. Knee pain continues to diminish as I start day 12 on the product. Shoulder is also feeling better. Will update again in a few day after leg workout.

tnubs

tnubs

Awards
  • Established
Not familiar with that product, expand if you can?
they gave out free 2 week trials if you go to the superhuman radio site. its a bunch of glucosamine, basically

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I have to say the OsteoSport continues to kick in since my last update a few day ago. Knee pain continues to diminish as I start day 12 on the product. Shoulder is also feeling better. Will update again in a few day after leg workout.
This is good stuff.

they gave out free 2 week trials if you go to the superhuman radio site. its a bunch of glucosamine, basically
Actually, OsteoSport is far MORE than Glucosamine - that is only ONE of 10 active ingredients in the product.

~Rosie
Team APPNUT

naturalguy

naturalguy

Universal Nutrition
Awards
  • Established
Animal Flex was a life saver for $19.50 for 44 day supply.. Awesome product, winner of best joint supp
Animal Flex has all been good to me
Animal Flex is a great option and was formulated specifically for hard training athletes/bodybuilders.

I have tried Orange Triad didn't get much relief (around 1 yr ago).
Give Animal Flex a shot, many people have made the switch and say it's night and day. Best part is all our products come with a guarantee, if you are not satisfied with it for any reason you can return it no matter where you bought it from.

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
I knew you'd start to enjoy it....it took til about week 3 for my results to be VERY noticable. I was able to do my leg workout and play tennis in the same day with no knee issues....which is huge.

islandmagic

islandmagic

Awards
  • Established
Animal Flex is a great option and was formulated specifically for hard training athletes/bodybuilders.

Give Animal Flex a shot, many people have made the switch and say it's night and day. Best part is all our products come with a guarantee, if you are not satisfied with it for any reason you can return it no matter where you bought it from.
See That is why they been around for a thousand years and counting!

biggkarim

biggkarim

Awards
ive tried a bunch, but always go back to glc2000. animal flex is great, just wanted fewer pills

Blutarski

Blutarski

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Really pushed the knee last night with a 4 mile interval session followed up by some plyo jumps. ZERO knee pain, outstanding right now. Will update again in a few days, really going to push (lunges, squats) this in the next few days and will update. Thanks to everyone for all the suggestions BTW.

islandmagic

islandmagic

Awards
  • Established
Osteosport = 150 Pills for 43.00 bucks if you take 5 a day you getting 30 days supply .... Ok animal flex you get 44 pack @ 26bucks= I have never used Osteosport- I just can not see how you can sspend the cash on this when Flex is a great product... If anyone have tried both can you jump in and give us your option.... I was going to test out oteosport but not if I am only getting 30 days compair to getting 44 please check my math and see if I am crack!@

Flex
Amount Per Serving % Daily Value
Calories 9
Calories from fat 9
Total Fat 1g <2%*
Vitamin C (as ascorbic acid) 100mg 167%
Vitamin E (as d-alpha tocopherol) 100mg 333%
Zinc (as zinc picolinate) 15mg 100%
Selenium (as sodium selenite) 70mcg 100%
Manganese (as manganese sulfate) 1mg 50%
Joint Construction Complex 3000mg **
Glucosamine (as HCL, sulfate KCL)
Methylsulfonylmethane (MSM)
Chondroitin Sulfate A (CSA)
Chondroitin Sulfate B (CSB)
Joint Lubrication Complex 1000mg **
Flaxseed Oil (50% alpha linolenic acid)
Cetyl Myristoleate, Cetyl Myristate, Cetyl Palmitate, Cetyl Laurate, Cetyl Palmitoleate, Cetyl Oleate)
Hyaluronic Acid
Joint Support Complex 1000mg **
Ginger Root Extract (gingerols, shogaols)
Turmeric Extract (circumin)
Boswellia (boswellic acid)
Quercetin
Bromelain
Rating: 2.6667/5 (21 votes cast)

Osteo-Sport

Joint-Glide Mobility Complex:

Bromelain (2000 GDU), CetylMyristoleate 20% (CMO), Curcumin 95%, Hyaluronic Acid, Bioperine (95-98% Piperine)
385mg **
CGC2 Joint Regeneration Matrix:

Cissus Quadrangularis (40% Phytosterols), Ascorbic Acid (vitamin C), Glucosamine Sulfate, Chondrotin Sulfate 90% (Chinese Bovine), MSM (Methylsulfonylmethane)

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
I havent used both...but I bet people continue to purchase Osteosport because it works for them.

Blutarski

Blutarski

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Islandmagic, I know where you are coming from. I did plenty of research and I think that both products are solid, and of course I wish OsteoSport was cheaper. At some point in the future I may try the Animal product. Also, if you weigh under 225 the recommended dose is 4 caps a day so you get around 37-38 days a bottle. I have also responded to Cissus well in the past, and choose not to use USP Cissus for a few reasons so I liked getting that in the product. As far as Osteosport, right now it has eliminated my knee pain completely. I have a tough leg workout coming up tonight so that will be a test.

pressmaster

Awards
cissus seems 2 b a favorite and just 2 shed a little light on the subject.Chondroitin sulfate is a great preventative as it pulls moisture n2 the joint 2 lubricate it and prevent more wear and tear,glucosamine is more of a joint food taken n hopes of improving joint problems and strengthening joint tissue for the future.The chondroitin is very soothing n my experience when I dose it around 2400mg.