Maca/Fenugreek Idea

srocco112

srocco112

Awards
  • Established
Would it be ok to run maca and fen for 2 weeks on, 1 week off for long periods at a time? Maybe even 3 weeks on 1 week off? I was wondering if it would be ok so that you can use it in a sense as a staple product but at the same time still giving your body a bit of a break here and there?

Would running DTHC in the same pattern as well be ok? Not in conjunction with maca/fen but as an alternative?

I dont see why this would be any harm to you, some people say its alright.

F355

F355

Awards
  • Established
I don't see a problem with that at all. I use Maca sometimes 5x a week along with some Muira Puama. It's an awesome combo with loads of benefits, adding in some fenugreek would only help in the synergy, IMO. NP carries Maca and it's almost always in stock; can't really fcks with that price either.

NP, please always have Maca and MP at all times!

davidl351

Awards
looks like someone wants to *fill in the blank* all night long.

matthias7

matthias7

Awards
  • Established
Muira Puama shouldn't be used long IMO. It could cause high level anxiety.

Maca doesn't need cycling.

F355

F355

Awards
  • Established
Muira Puama shouldn't be used long IMO. It could cause high level anxiety.

Maca doesn't need cycling.
Really? Never heard this claim from any of the MP write-ups I've seen. I've actually heard the opposite in terms of mood and anxiety. MP's rich in sterols and other nutrients and vitamins that I'd expect would aid in relieving acute anxiety.

I've used it for a long time now and never have experienced any sort of anxiety related directly from MP use. Interesting, might have to look up some more studies and info.

srocco112

srocco112

Awards
  • Established
how long before you start to feel the effects of a maca/fen stack

SwolenONE

SwolenONE

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
What effects?

I would expect results in libido at around 5-7 days.
2 weeks is the general, very loose, rule for shifts in the endocrine system

with that said, it seems about ten days in on good test boosters is when i feel my libido really start getting insane

srocco112

srocco112

Awards
  • Established
also another question while were on the libido topic. I was taking a simple herbal pill from vitamin shoppe containing all the basics like mauira puma, damiana, saw palmetto, gingko, trib....as well as a gram on yohimbe a day. This was going on for about two months and I feel that my anxiety and nervousness is outta control lately. But hat the problem is, is that this anxiety has been effecting my "performance". Ill be all good and "ready to go" during the start of say "fooling around" but once it actually comes time to get it in, i seem to start worrying about **** and loose my steel. I used to never have this problem but im thinking that maybe this combination of herbs is making me develop performance anxiety. This is why I stopped and now want to try maca/fen...what do you guys think

UNCnate

UNCnate

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
also another question while were on the libido topic. I was taking a simple herbal pill from vitamin shoppe containing all the basics like mauira puma, damiana, saw palmetto, gingko, trib....as well as a gram on yohimbe a day. This was going on for about two months and I feel that my anxiety and nervousness is outta control lately. But hat the problem is, is that this anxiety has been effecting my "performance". Ill be all good and "ready to go" during the start of say "fooling around" but once it actually comes time to get it in, i seem to start worrying about **** and loose my steel. I used to never have this problem but im thinking that maybe this combination of herbs is making me develop performance anxiety. This is why I stopped and now want to try maca/fen...what do you guys think
I think yohimbe/yohimbine is terrible.

Maca, tribulus, epimedium, Fenotest - stick to these.

UNCnate

UNCnate

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
What about it makes you think it is so terrible?
The side effects I got from it. Tachycardia, shortness of breath, anxiety issues, among others.

Others dont experience it, but I'll sure never use it again.

srocco112

srocco112

Awards
  • Established
If you dont mind, can you explain the anxiety issues you had? How severe they were, when you felt it, what triggered it.

My main question here is if taking the yohimbe for a longer period (over a month, about 2) can cause anxiety to the point where you really get nervous over almost everything, including sex.

UNCnate

UNCnate

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
If you dont mind, can you explain the anxiety issues you had? How severe they were, when you felt it, what triggered it.

My main question here is if taking the yohimbe for a longer period (over a month, about 2) can cause anxiety to the point where you really get nervous over almost everything, including sex.
I took my dose, was sitting at the computer, and when it hit it hit. Like I mentioned, tachycardia, shortness of breath, which Im sure is what cause the panic attack.

Chronic use of yohimbe is not suggested. Honestly I would use it on an as needed basis.

srocco112

srocco112

Awards
  • Established
what is tachycardia? And what would the "need" for yohimbe be when you say as needed basis?

UNCnate

UNCnate

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
what is tachycardia? And what would the "need" for yohimbe be when you say as needed basis?
Tachycardia is a resting heart rate above 100 bpm.

Yohimbine would be used on an as needed basis for libido/energy.

Im not a total yohimbine hater. I dont mind it topically.

F355

F355

Awards
  • Established
Tachycardia is a resting heart rate above 100 bpm.

Yohimbine would be used on an as needed basis for libido/energy.

Im not a total yohimbine hater. I dont mind it topically.
Dude listen to this guy. I'm so with you nate. Yohimbine, to me, has more cons than pro. Like 8.5mg gets me going pretty good, 10mg+ I'm fcked cuz I know I'm going to hit that anxiety/tension soon. I don't what it is about it. This is kind of embarassing but whenever I take yohimbine, it'll definitely get me hard but my sack sometimes just flattens up, I hate it. I mean it raises you libido for sure, but for some reason it shrinks my scrotum. I don't get how it's a vasodilator; if anything shouldn't it drop my sack to my knees if it's vasodilator. I'm assuming we (males) don't have the same blood vessels in the sack like the rest of our body. For my sack, it has a vasoconstriction type effect.

Oh and if the anxiety isn't bad enough, I'm sure the heart palpitations, dizziness, and headache will get you. I can honestly say EC is a better burner; more pros than cons. And if you dose smart enough, you'll hardly run into the cons. If you want an alternate, I highly suggest AlphaBurn. I wasn't really skept going into because I know how hard yohimbine is, so I don't see why I'd suspect anything really negative. I have dosed up to 2 at a time and it's perfect. I couldn't believe how well it worked, especially in the heart rate/pressure area. It really didn't increase that much, definitely not as bad as yohimbine hcl, although I wouldn't recommend more than 2 at a time; works great on an empty stomach. And no anxiety on AlphaBurn whatsoever, it's seriously awesome. Oh and the libido department is for sure on par with yohimbine.

Like dude said, and again totally agreed, as a topical it's fckin excellent. All the effects of fat burn-age without the systemic side effects. It doesn't stimulate your energy (at least I barely noticed it) but it stimulates energy (lipolysis) in the applied area for sure.

All the $hit you were facing, I'd be confident enough to say it was the yohimbine talking. How many mg were you taking btw?

srocco112

srocco112

Awards
  • Established
500mg twice a day, like the bottle said.

After reading your post, this now seems like way too much.

About the whole getting hard/sack conversation, id be able to get hard no problem (on my own, and prior to actually having sex) but once it came time to actually get up in there, the anxiety and nervousness was so bad that id start thinkin abll weird **** and 2 seconds into f*ckin id be back to a soft **** and that was the end of it. And yeah it definitly makes the balls/sack look alot smaller.

I stopped using it all together and switched to maca/fen

srocco112

srocco112

Awards
  • Established
but im kind of glad to hear what you had to say. I felt like between the yohimbe and the other herbal supp i was taking i was developing a sense of performance anxiety. Once it happened once i was so worried about it happening again that id freak myself out and totally not be able to bang out. Im 21 yo there is no reason that type of thing should happen. I was getting myself all worried thinking that my hormones were all screwed up, but this wouldnt happen every single time i would have sex, just when it was with someone i wasnt really comfortable with. But now i feel that if i stop taking it and loose this anxiety and worriness, i should be ok.

srocco112

srocco112

Awards
  • Established
...and by the way...your referring to yohimbine (hense the much smaller doses) im talking about yohimbe.

Killler

Killler

Awards
  • Established
Muira Puama causes horrible anxiety.
Worse than Yohimbe.
I had to stop using Natural Sterol Complex because it had Muira Puama in it,I couldn`t tolerate it at all.
Now I don`t what to do with the whole box,I paid 25 bucks for it,lol.

Sorry for posting in old thread.