Help with a sleep aid

  1. Help with a sleep aid


    Looking for something to pick up to help me fall asleep at night. Ive been on a raelly ****ty schedule and I will lay around at about 10 at night but wont sleep till about 3am every night. Want to find a natural sleep aid from gnc or something like that. Im on random drug testing and im nervous about taking supplements so just looking for something otc to help me get sleepy at night.

  2. 10% Off At MindAndMuscle.com - Coupon: Austin10
    Mind And Muscle Representative
    Have A Mind And Muscle Question? Private Message me For Help.

  3. What would a good dose be and how long before I want to lay down and get ready for bed
    •   
       


  4. Quote Originally Posted by cmp007 View Post
    What would a good dose be and how long before I want to lay down and get ready for bed

    1mg 1 hour before bed..and try doing something relaxing before bed like reading a book or watching some tv

  5. i like melatonin and ZMA. amazing results. also try benadryl. that knocks me out if i take 2

  6. forget melatonin, get ZMA or ZMK. ive always been a good sleeper and now that ive started taking ZMK im sleeping like a beast. i feel like it was a deficiency and now im back to normal.

  7. also drink chamomile tea, puts me out after 1-2 cups

  8. alsosuggest dropping the melatonin, it actually has no effect on sleepiness.

    also taking melatonin while young, can actually drop melatonin levels in the brain, dont want to do that cause its the only anti oxident that crosses blood brain barrier.

    i'm making my own stack for sleep, with the BIG SALE from primmordial performance im looking to save about 30-40% on the slumber stack, and stack it with bulk 1-carboxy from nutra-planet!
    lights out baby

  9. Quote Originally Posted by JN230 View Post
    [B]alsosuggest dropping the melatonin, it actually has no effect on sleepiness.

    also taking melatonin while young, can actually drop melatonin levels in the brain, dont want to do that cause its the only anti oxident that crosses blood brain barrier.
    Can you show me where you found this? It doesn't increase sleepiness exactly, but it will eventually make you tired. It help with the quality of sleep for sure.

    i'm making my own stack for sleep, with the BIG SALE from primmordial performance im looking to save about 30-40% on the slumber stack, and stack it with bulk 1-carboxy from nutra-planet!
    lights out baby
    10% Off At MindAndMuscle.com - Coupon: Austin10
    Mind And Muscle Representative
    Have A Mind And Muscle Question? Private Message me For Help.

  10. Quote Originally Posted by TexasLifter89 View Post
    Can you show me where you found this? It doesn't increase sleepiness exactly, but it will eventually make you tired. It help with the quality of sleep for sure.
    yea it sure does help but the body already makes it. if you keep supplementing with this then you will become more or less dependent on taking it. once in a while is a good thing but you dont need it

  11. I am a big fan of ZMA with bulk 1-carboxy. great sleep, very fun dreams
    Official Get Diesel Representative
    PM me with any questions

  12. Quote Originally Posted by AntonG42O View Post
    yea it sure does help but the body already makes it. if you keep supplementing with this then you will become more or less dependent on taking it. once in a while is a good thing but you dont need it
    I don't take it daily. Probably once every 3-4 weeks, if that. I usually use ZMA along side it.
    10% Off At MindAndMuscle.com - Coupon: Austin10
    Mind And Muscle Representative
    Have A Mind And Muscle Question? Private Message me For Help.

  13. so does this principle go along with all other supplements?

  14. also, your problem may not be your just not falling asleep. how is your diet? eating certain foods at night can keep you up. doing physical activity late can keep you up longer. stuff like that.

  15. Quote Originally Posted by Swoldierboy View Post
    so does this principle go along with all other supplements?
    not really. if you are messing with melatonin or your seratonin/dopamine receptors then you might create some dependancy issues. most supplements help you get what you dont already get from your diet, so they help correct deficiencies. things like protein,creatine, fish oil, vitamins are all things the body can use up.

  16. The main reasons I cant get to sleep is I started on paxil again and that gets me wired for most of the day. Im usually good by night but Ive had some serious things happen the last month and Ive got really bad stress and it all has made my anxiety worse so when I stop and relax all that **** starts kicking in. And I was looking for something I can pick up at walmart or gnc cause just in case it throws my drug tests off I wont get in trouble hopefully. Just dont want to take the chance with supplements ive got a hefty penalty weighing on me

  17. Benadryl works pretty well for me. Another thing that has greatly improved my sleep is LG Science's Ghenerate. I have honestly had the best sleep of the last several years after taking that with 2-3 caps of I-Gh-1. If I take it to early, I fall asleep before teh monday night football game is over. I used to toss and turn while using tylenol PM so this has been excellent and has other benefits.

  18. Quote Originally Posted by Silver3CSRT8 View Post
    Benadryl works pretty well for me. Another thing that has greatly improved my sleep is LG Science's Ghenerate. I have honestly had the best sleep of the last several years after taking that with 2-3 caps of I-Gh-1. If I take it to early, I fall asleep before teh monday night football game is over. I used to toss and turn while using tylenol PM so this has been excellent and has other benefits.
    benadryl is terrible for sleep. I think I remember reading it prevents you from reaching REM sleep.
    10% Off At MindAndMuscle.com - Coupon: Austin10
    Mind And Muscle Representative
    Have A Mind And Muscle Question? Private Message me For Help.

  19. Quote Originally Posted by TexasLifter89 View Post
    Can you show me where you found this? It doesn't increase sleepiness exactly, but it will eventually make you tired. It help with the quality of sleep for sure.
    it was on an episode of superhumanradio, ill post the link
    http://www.podfeed.net/episode/Super...+It+Is/1963196

  20. Quote Originally Posted by AntonG42O View Post
    forget melatonin, get ZMA or ZMK. ive always been a good sleeper and now that ive started taking ZMK im sleeping like a beast. i feel like it was a deficiency and now im back to normal.
    Great suggestion buddy. Zmk is a great product with krebs cycle chelated minerals and also trace minerals that take it a giant step above the average zma product. It is not addictive like a lot of sleep supplements, the only way it affects your levels is by adding minerals that you are more than likely lacking if you are an athlete of any sort, and it helps you get a much more deep and restorative sleep.

    If you are using Paxil, I would not recommend using Somnidren GH....but if you weren't, that would be an amazing addition also.
    Millennium Sport Technologies Representative/Sponsored Athlete
    www.millenniumsport.net

  21. Quote Originally Posted by JN230 View Post
    it was on an episode of superhumanradio, ill post the link
    http://www.podfeed.net/episode/Super...+It+Is/1963196
    Ah, I enjoy listening to super human radio! Props on listening to him!
    10% Off At MindAndMuscle.com - Coupon: Austin10
    Mind And Muscle Representative
    Have A Mind And Muscle Question? Private Message me For Help.

  22. Between ZMA or ZMK which is the best to go with to help sleep

  23. o for sure man Carl knows his **** and cover A LOT OF AREA he isnt narrow minded either especially when it comes to topic choices

  24. Quote Originally Posted by cmp007 View Post
    Between ZMA or ZMK which is the best to go with to help sleep
    check the labels and you'll easily be able to tell for yourself. ZMK is the clear choice.
    Millennium Sport Technologies Representative/Sponsored Athlete
    www.millenniumsport.net

  25. Yea seems to be the best choice. gonna see how it works out

  26. Quote Originally Posted by cmp007 View Post
    Yea seems to be the best choice. gonna see how it works out
    make sure you take 4 before bed with no calcium rich foods. so no whey, cheese, milk, etc before taking ZMK
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. **** Need 2 Sleep No Really I Need to Sleep!! Tha Log
    By mich29 in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 101
    Last Post: 01-29-2012, 02:07 PM
  2. Replies: 12
    Last Post: 12-18-2010, 03:25 PM
  3. Replies: 18
    Last Post: 08-16-2010, 04:17 PM
  4. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 04-09-2009, 12:40 AM
  5. Sleep: Can you do it too much?
    By ozarkaBRAND in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 04-10-2008, 11:40 AM
Log in
Log in