Female, pre-workout supplement suggestions, not for bulk gain - AnabolicMinds.com

Female, pre-workout supplement suggestions, not for bulk gain

1. New Member

Female, pre-workout supplement suggestions, not for bulk gain

I've been searching the net and reading for a couple of days now but I can't find an intelligent answer to this specific question.

Background: My wife is doing the P90x routine with a bit of Tae Bo mixed in... She's looking for a pre-workout supplement specific for improving her workout, helping her get cut a bit but she absolutely does not want to gain size, no bulk. The vast majority of my reading says that a nitric oxide supplement is the ticket and the White Flood stuff looks great but it reads like more of a stacker than a stand alone female product.

So, what pre-workout supplement would you suggest and any reason why? Or if you just want to post links I'll read up on stuff but I want some suggestions from people not advertising pitches.

Additionally, if you've got any thoughts on dosing times/amounts aside from the norm then I'm open to hear it.

2. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'3"  205 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by Diller View Post
    I've been searching the net and reading for a couple of days now but I can't find an intelligent answer to this specific question.

Background: My wife is doing the P90x routine with a bit of Tae Bo mixed in... She's looking for a pre-workout supplement specific for improving her workout, helping her get cut a bit but she absolutely does not want to gain size, no bulk. The vast majority of my reading says that a nitric oxide supplement is the ticket and the White Flood stuff looks great but it reads like more of a stacker than a stand alone female product.

So, what pre-workout supplement would you suggest and any reason why? Or if you just want to post links I'll read up on stuff but I want some suggestions from people not advertising pitches.

Additionally, if you've got any thoughts on dosing times/amounts aside from the norm then I'm open to hear it.
    i dont know alot about white flood as ive never used it although i have heard good things. but imo a great preworkout to aid in performance and help burn fat would be premax. its alittle pricey but the ingredients profile cant be beat.
    Athletic Xtreme Team REP
    http://www.AthleticX.net/
    AXHOLE BY NATURE
  3. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  204 lbs.

i would suggest beta-alanine capsules or powder, it would be a cheap supplement that could help your wife throughout her workout, it would prevent her from lactic acid buildup during her workout, so she doesn't sore when shes working out, Very beneficial for her to continue with her workout routine.
    current logs
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/213804-gold-feast-controlled.html
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/212003-lets-do-some.html
    •   

4. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  216 lbs.

Clenbuterol is popular among women. Though it is an AAS, it has ground breaking fat loss results. Along with your wife's pretty active, and IMHO, very good workout, it would probably be ideal.

Edit Sorry didn't realize "pre workout", thoughI have also heard(dated a fitness instructor) that it gives energy as well!

Also, I'm not entirely sure if JACK3ED is soley for men (my wife has used it with sucess), but for just pre work out, it's at beast! You'll have the best workouts ever, and go home, do the dishes, mow the lawn, wash the car.....you see where i'm going!
  5. New Member

everytime my GF and I hit the gym, I give her 3/4 scoop jacked and BCAA and she loves it
  6. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'1"  206 lbs.

My girl uses White Flood with great results. It pumps up her muscles during workout and keeps her motivated =)
  7. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

First of all as long as your wife takes nothing hormonal she is not going gain any significant mass!! Damn I am tired of saying that lol. I train women and there is slight increases in mass but the remain very trim. The muscle they do add only enhances their very fine figures. For instance a widening of the upper back will enhance the waistline and give them a smaller looking waist. Squaring out their shoulders will give them a better look as well and help them look more proportional.

One other thing that bothers me is when people think that women should train different than men because their women. Not saying this is the case with you, but I have had a lot more success training women with intensive resistance training that any I have seen doing tons of cardio and a little lifting. My girls do what I do and they look outstanding, very trim and feminine.
    Mind and Muscle Board Representative I am not a physician and any advice is solely based on personal experience with various products
  8. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'3"  135 lbs.

I'd suggest 1-2 capsules of AMP-2 by Ergopharm or Phenadrine (not sure who makes it). They are both fat burners, appetite suppresants and mood enhancers. She'll be blasting through her workouts then :-)

Also, propionyl l-carnitine gives me tons of energy, if she's doing cardio she might look into that.

Jack3D is a bit too strong.....IMHO
  9. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by rottie76 View Post
    I'd suggest 1-2 capsules of AMP-2 by Ergopharm or Phenadrine (not sure who makes it). They are both fat burners, appetite suppresants and mood enhancers. She'll be blasting through her workouts then :-)

Also, propionyl l-carnitine gives me tons of energy, if she's doing cardio she might look into that.

Jack3D is a bit too strong.....IMHO
    Ohh good one on the PLCAR...
    Mind and Muscle Board Representative I am not a physician and any advice is solely based on personal experience with various products
  10. The Female Terminator
    Stats
    5'1"  122 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by DreamWeaver View Post
    First of all as long as your wife takes nothing hormonal she is not going gain any significant mass!! Damn I am tired of saying that lol. I train women and there is slight increases in mass but the remain very trim. The muscle they do add only enhances their very fine figures. For instance a widening of the upper back will enhance the waistline and give them a smaller looking waist. Squaring out their shoulders will give them a better look as well and help them look more proportional.

One other thing that bothers me is when people think that women should train different than men because their women. Not saying this is the case with you, but I have had a lot more success training women with intensive resistance training that any I have seen doing tons of cardio and a little lifting. My girls do what I do and they look outstanding, very trim and feminine.
    ^^^AGREE 100%!!!

OP, I recommend RPM. It gives energy and aids in fat loss, etc. The other preworkout product I would recommend is Anadraulic State. You can read both of my reviews: RPM - Rosie's Review of AN's RPM; Anadraulic State - post #98 at The Female Terminator takes on LG's Anadraulic State (sponsored).

White Flood is ok as well and CAN be used standalone.

~Rosie
    Team APPNUT
    Contact Me for INDIVIDUALIZED TRAINING AND NUTRITION

"Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee
  11. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Guejsn View Post
    ^^^AGREE 100%!!!

OP, I recommend RPM. It gives energy and aids in fat loss, etc. The other preworkout product I would recommend is Anadraulic State.

White Flood is ok as well and CAN be used standalone.

~Rosie
    Team APPNUT
    Ah yes Rosie is a perfect example of what I was talking about. I can change a woman faster and have her looking hotter with resistance training. She uses the same methods, look at her... I rest my case.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Supplement to Avoid Fat Gain After 1,000/ Day
    By Domenic in forum Supplements
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-15-2011, 08:34 AM
  2. Best weight gain supplement
    By NKE69 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 03-31-2009, 09:37 PM
  3. supplement for female?
    By R6AAC in forum Supplements
    Replies: 16