3 grams of d-aspartic Acid raises test by 42%?

• Thread starter MuscleBound1337
  • Start date
tnubs

tnubs

Awards
  • Established
wikipedia says its whats in the artificial sweeteners... sugar increases test! give me some oreos!

jk, but its an amino acid, i doubt any supplements have it in them. id try zinc before i tried this... i duno, might work

bound

bound

Awards
  • Established
it's really really bad for you.

let me find a link.....

This is copy and pasted from another forum with a thread about it:

d-Aspartic acid induced oxidative stress and mitochondrial dysfunctions in testis of prepubertal rats

Abstract Previously we demonstrated the potential of d-aspartic acid (d-Asp), an acidic amino acid to induce oxidative response in prepubertal rat testis in vitro. In the present study, we determined the extent of oxidative stress in the testis of prepubertal rats that were administered d-Asp (100 and 500 mg/kg bw/d, i.p. 7 days). d-Asp treatment significantly elevated the levels of reactive oxygen species, malondialdehyde and hydroperoxide in cytosol and mitochondria of testis, which were accompanied by enhanced glutathione levels, elevated activities of glutathione-dependent enzymes and catalase suggesting a state of oxidative stress. Further, the activities of d-aspartate oxidase and 3β-hydroxy steroid dehydrogenase were elevated in the testis. The testis mitochondria of d-Asp-treated rats showed altered citric acid and complex enzyme activities, reduction in membrane potential, increased permeability and intracellular Ca2+ levels. Collectively, these findings suggest the potential of d-Asp to induce oxidative perturbations in the testis of prepubertal rats and this mechanism may in part be responsible for the observed physiological effects.

...so it might be bad, might not, but there doesn't seem to be any human studies.

Athletix

Athletix

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Yeah it is not a good idea to take large amounts of aspartic acid. Asp Acid actually activates the N-methyl-D-aspartate receptor (NMDA), which is a Glu receptor. The NMDA receptor is actually what is one of the problems in Alzheimer's disease. In Alzheimer's you have decreased cholinergic transmission and overexcited NMDA activation which causes something called excitotoxicity. I am not saying that you will develop Alzheimer's, that would be a bit naive :), however, anything that causes excitotoxicity is not something worth using.

It is also a player in migraines and is a trigger for a large number of people.

buffb2

buffb2

Awards
Yeah it is not a good idea to take large amounts of aspartic acid. Asp Acid actually activates the N-methyl-D-aspartate receptor (NMDA), which is a Glu receptor. The NMDA receptor is actually what is one of the problems in Alzheimer's disease. In Alzheimer's you have decreased cholinergic transmission and overexcited NMDA activation which causes something called excitotoxicity. I am not saying that you will develop Alzheimer's, that would be a bit naive :), however, anything that causes excitotoxicity is not something worth using.

You can negate this with a supplement

Athletix

Athletix

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
You can negate this with a supplement
Yeah there are a few things to help with migraines such as the ergotamines and triptans but other than that there isn't much help. They aren't 100% successful either. Although he may not be having a migraine either could just be a typical tension headache, just depends on how it presents.

Bottom line, removing the offending agent is of course the best thing to do.

paulg

paulg

Awards
two companies are soon releasing products with d-aspartic acid.

Muscle Warfare and anabolic xtreme.

bound

bound

Awards
  • Established
i believe they are thinking $ ...

I just can't believe they'd put this out without more research on it, this stuff could possibly be REALLY bad for you. damn.

bkprice

bkprice

Awards
  • Established
The research is their. The issue is really how much. From what I read, it takes a much smaller amount then that to produce test increase. I believe muscle warefare goes over this in its write up.

warfare77

Awards
Muscle warefare is using 75mg of N-Methyl-D-Aspartate

It is deemed 100 times more powerful at activating this receptor pathway than D-Aspartic Acid itself. Its effects are much similar to all of those listed for D-Aspartic Acid, yet highly more concentrated.

zb126

Awards
  • Established
it's really really bad for you.

let me find a link.....

This is copy and pasted from another forum with a thread about it:

d-Aspartic acid induced oxidative stress and mitochondrial dysfunctions in testis of prepubertal rats

Abstract Previously we demonstrated the potential of d-aspartic acid (d-Asp), an acidic amino acid to induce oxidative response in prepubertal rat testis in vitro. In the present study, we determined the extent of oxidative stress in the testis of prepubertal rats that were administered d-Asp (100 and 500 mg/kg bw/d, i.p. 7 days). d-Asp treatment significantly elevated the levels of reactive oxygen species, malondialdehyde and hydroperoxide in cytosol and mitochondria of testis, which were accompanied by enhanced glutathione levels, elevated activities of glutathione-dependent enzymes and catalase suggesting a state of oxidative stress. Further, the activities of d-aspartate oxidase and 3β-hydroxy steroid dehydrogenase were elevated in the testis. The testis mitochondria of d-Asp-treated rats showed altered citric acid and complex enzyme activities, reduction in membrane potential, increased permeability and intracellular Ca2+ levels. Collectively, these findings suggest the potential of d-Asp to induce oxidative perturbations in the testis of prepubertal rats and this mechanism may in part be responsible for the observed physiological effects.

...so it might be bad, might not, but there doesn't seem to be any human studies.
yikes at this and the prolactin....I guess we should stick to relying on our <5% Divinyl? :p

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
yikes at this and the prolactin....I guess we should stick to relying on our <5% Divinyl? :p
I guess you're just screwed then! If you're a pre-pubertal rat (rats don't even have testosterone receptors by the way.)

I don't like the thought of N-Methyl-DA either, but DAA looks alright. In fact, it's essential for healthy reproductive function in all mammals I've researched.

andrew732

andrew732

Awards
  • Established
Let me say this bro, Nutra's Divanex is better than any other form of divanil(divanex), secondly if something raises prolactin you combat it, I am more concerned with its toxicity. HGHup plus this sounds like fun, but there needs to be more research on its effects on health.

WIULifter

WIULifter

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established

This is only in large amounts correct? Eric said he drank a lot of our new Testosterone Conversion Factor-1 to get the flavoring right and said he ended up with a headache....but he drank a lot.

Jimbo15

Jimbo15

Primordial Performance Rep
Awards
  • Established
This is only in large amounts correct? Eric said he drank a lot of our new Testosterone Conversion Factor-1 to get the flavoring right and said he ended up with a headache....but he drank a lot.
i think he drank almost a full bottle

majormass

Awards
this is why the supplement industry gets a bad rap.....no testing...maybe all the big players can get together and do safety studies on some of these products before big bad government decides to protect us from ourselves and take them away

flightposite

flightposite

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
i just picked up some TCF1 when i try it i will try to keep you guys posted.

Jimbo15

Jimbo15

Primordial Performance Rep
Awards
  • Established
this is why the supplement industry gets a bad rap.....no testing...maybe all the big players can get together and do safety studies on some of these products before big bad government decides to protect us from ourselves and take them away
There was testing, that is what we are basing our recommendations on. The dose and duration of use we are suggesting is the exact dosing that was used in the tests that provided a 42% increase in total test.

rulk22

rulk22

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Looking forward to the feedback on this. Im picking up 2 bottles of this... Along with some other goodies as well.

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
I've had solid results from 2.3g/day. (230lbs, 10mg per lb/day)

cgoode

cgoode

Awards
  • Established
im interested but concerned about the toxity

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
with sodium d-aspartate or d-aspartic acid?
With d-Aspartic acid. If you're interested in salts or racemic forms, you must multiply to obtain the equivalence...

d-Aspartic acid is the standard 1
dl-Aspartic acid multiply by 2
Sodium d-Aspartate multiply by 1.17
Sodium dl-Aspartate multiply by 2.33

DAA is the cleanest and most efficient of these IMO. The DL works fine (and so far about 75% of the stuff out there is DL from my testing of free acid samples) but the DL is notably more CNS active. So far I have not experienced any overt toxicity with any form, and no adverse cognitive effect at all with 2.3g DAA, but I would suggest caution of long-term use of the DL or use of N-Methyl-DAA.

RAHHH

Awards
  • Established
looks good on humans not on rats.

i unno but I think used in not extream amounts it could be great to add to the arsinal.

rulk22

rulk22

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Dr.D how did you like it, what kind of gains/benefits did you notice? Im ordering 2 bottles of Testosterone Conversion Factor-1, for PCT.

matthias7

matthias7

Awards
  • Established
Let me say this bro, Nutra's Divanex is better than any other form of divanil(divanex), secondly if something raises prolactin you combat it, I am more concerned with its toxicity. HGHup plus this sounds like fun, but there needs to be more research on its effects on health.
Thanks but keep in mind this in theory WILL increase estrogen because SHBG binds both test and estrogens. It should combine well with I3C or SERM for estrogen control.

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
Dr.D how did you like it, what kind of gains/benefits did you notice? Im ordering 2 bottles of Testosterone Conversion Factor-1, for PCT.
I like it! It's subtle, but I certainly noticed it right from the first day. I get an uplift in my mood for starters, but it can turn into a harder edged focus at very high doses. It works fast. Strength goes up and endurance to a lesser degree. So does libido in my case, and I'm married so that's pretty amazing (j/k!) :p

Also, I like Forskolin but it messes with my stomach pretty bad at higher doses, so I experimented with half doses of DAA and Forskolin combined (because they overlap in their mechanisms of action.) 1.15g DAA combined with 25mg Forskolin works great, plus reduces the odds of sides from high doses of either separate ingredient. ;)

The PP product looks solid, about 2.7g DAA from the sodium salt which is more than enough IMO. Yummm, grape flavor too!

I haven't gotten any estro/prolac sides from DAA yet, and I'm pretty sensitive to such things, but if you do you may consider stacking an AI with it (especially if you're PCTing.) There's a new AI out in several products now called 7-Methoxyflavone, and it's all natural too. 50mg is all you probably need to control estro and synergize as an additional test booster, or up to 150mg for a solo test booster or very stubborn estrogen related problems.

Hope this helps. God bless you my friend!

neuropharm

Awards
There's a new AI out in several products now called 7-Methoxyflavone, and it's all natural too. 50mg is all you probably need to control estro and synergize as an additional test booster, or up to 150mg for a solo test booster or very stubborn estrogen related problems.
Dr-D: What's the difference between the flavone in Sustain alpha and the one used in Reversitol V2? The one in Sustain Alpha works like a champ for me every time, lean out a bit, nuts plump up, libido up, alpha mood - The one in RV2 does nothing for me, even double dosed. I'd like to find a cheaper or bulk source for the flavone in Sustain Alpha (7,8?) as I think it's the only ingredient doing anything (the resveratrol is too low of a dose to get any kind of AI effect, I know, I've taken resveratrol 99% 1g+/day on many occasions and that's about the dose where I get the libido boost/AI effect).

I see custom capsule has 7,8 methoxyflavone (same thing in sustain alpha?) - Is that the only source? I hear it takes forever to get an order from them.

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
Dr-D: What's the difference between the flavone in Sustain alpha and the one used in Reversitol V2? The one in Sustain Alpha works like a champ for me every time, lean out a bit, nuts plump up, libido up, alpha mood - The one in RV2 does nothing for me, even double dosed. I'd like to find a cheaper or bulk source for the flavone in Sustain Alpha (7,8?) as I think it's the only ingredient doing anything (the resveratrol is too low of a dose to get any kind of AI effect, I know, I've taken resveratrol 99% 1g+/day on many occasions and that's about the dose where I get the libido boost/AI effect).

I see custom capsule has 7,8 methoxyflavone (same thing in sustain alpha?) - Is that the only source? I hear it takes forever to get an order from them.
I haven't tried the products you speak of, but the AI in Sustain Alpha appears to be 7,8-Benzoflavone, while the one in RV2 appears to be 7-Methoxyflavone. I was not aware of a "7,8 methoxyflavone" that was available from CC, but it sounds like the nomenclature is slightly off maybe. I agree that resveratrol in not a practical ingredient unless it's dosed properly, but I have heard good reviews about both of those products.

GuyverX

GuyverX

Awards
  • Established
I haven't tried the products you speak of, but the AI in Sustain Alpha appears to be 7,8-Benzoflavone, while the one in RV2 appears to be 7-Methoxyflavone. I was not aware of a "7,8 methoxyflavone" that was available from CC, but it sounds like the nomenclature is slightly off maybe. I agree that resveratrol in not a practical ingredient unless it's dosed properly, but I have heard good reviews about both of those products.
CC has 99% 7,8-Benzoflavone.
I just checked the list.
I may now close to making a pretty good capped stack without having to cap it myself.

:party:

crazym

Awards
I believe Patrick Arnold has a patent pending for the use of DAA to increase testosterone in the human body or the likes, read something about it bb dotcom.

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
I believe Patrick Arnold has a patent pending for the use of DAA to increase testosterone in the human body or the likes, read something about it bb dotcom.
I bet he has a patent still pending for 6-Oxo too. :)

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
Found a study on AA and NMDA. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1371330, like to know your thoughts on it Dr.D or anyone else with a better grasp of the sceince in the study.
It's a study pointing out the finer mechanics of AA (arachidonic acid) potentiation at these subreceptors (glycine and glutamate NMDAs.) It amplifies the currents and increases calcium concentrations. DHA and other PUFAs do it too.

It also side notes that inhibition of phospholipase A2 blocks the induction of long-term potentiation, which makes sense because increased phospholipase A2 is associated with neuropsychiatric probs like schizophrenia and autism. It's thought that AA imbalance plays a role by oxidative stress but it does not result from conversion to lipoxygenase or cyclooxygenase inflammatory derivatives.

In other words, it's probably a good idea to take an effective anti-oxidant daily (perhaps especially if you use either AA or DAA or both.)

bkprice

bkprice

Awards
  • Established
Thanks DrD, I got lost half way through that study. I thought it might have some enhancing effect if taken with DAA. Im taking from what you wrote it wont or am I off base?

zombiemuscle

zombiemuscle

Awards
  • Established
What does everyone think about the TST Powercell (DAA) supp?