What is in the "Proprietary Blend"...

Aviad

Aviad

Board Sponsor
Awards
Just got a free sample of Muscletech naNO Vapor. It has a about 50 ingredients as usual and since its is free i give it a shot and sure it will have some beneficial effects. This supp as many has "proprietary blend" on the label and wanted to know if anyone is aware of a site or resource that has the exacts amounts of each ingredient. I checked their website and no go.

rubberring

rubberring

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Just got a free sample of Muscletech naNO Vapor. It has a about 50 ingredients as usual and since its is free i give it a shot and sure it will have some beneficial effects. This supp as many has "proprietary blend" on the label and wanted to know if anyone is aware of a site or resource that has the exacts amounts of each ingredient. I checked their website and no go.
Have you tried emailing Jay Cutler?

jakellpet

jakellpet

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Plug caffine up your butthole, then gargle a bucket full of sugar. Congrats, you got nanoVapour.

GICH!

soontobbeast

Awards
  • Established

proprietary blend means they don't have to tell you anything.

Aviad

Aviad

Board Sponsor
Awards
Yeah...its free so since my gym is open today I might as well try it. I don't use any pre workout supps right now so I am sure no matter what is in it I will feel something. Muscle tech in my opinion - the perfect example of what is wrong with the supplement industry. Proprietary blend means more or less...you don't know...and you don't want to know.

jakellpet

jakellpet

Banned
Awards
  • Established
it will probably give you a rectal prolapse . . . that is what happened to my hamster

corsaking

Awards
  • Established
"proprietary blend" is a phrase used in the ingredients list which has a bit of mystery to it and may make you think your getting something which other manufacturers cannot give you Its really a collection of ingredients all pushed together of which theres hardly enough of each to have any impact .

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
if anything good comes from recent fda crackdown, hopefully it will be the end to proprietary blends. bb supps are the only thing i can think of that use prop blends-look at otc stuff at drugstore or wall-mart, none of that stuff is prop blend-every ingredient is listed in amounts. supplement company's should be ashamed for using this form of deception. we should be able to know what amount of active ingredients we are using.

Libertarian

Awards
  • Established
if anything good comes from recent fda crackdown, hopefully it will be the end to proprietary blends. bb supps are the only thing i can think of that use prop blends-look at otc stuff at drugstore or wall-mart, none of that stuff is prop blend-every ingredient is listed in amounts. supplement company's should be ashamed for using this form of deception. we should be able to know what amount of active ingredients we are using.
If you don't like not knowing exactly what is in the sups you are taking then don't buy from manufacturers that use "proprietary blends". The FDA is totally unnecessary to people who are actually responsible.

Aviad

Aviad

Board Sponsor
Awards
I don't, got it as a sample and I just got back. Not bad, nothing special. Really looking for a way to find what exactly is in some of these products. My thought is the information has to be available...or maybe it doesn't.

kingdong

kingdong

Awards
  • Established
A sevring with 22 grams of active ingredients contains 12 grams of carbs. This leaves 10 grams of other stuff. Throw in enough arginine to give a descent pump, and this stuff sucks.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
If you don't like not knowing exactly what is in the sups you are taking then don't buy from manufacturers that use "proprietary blends". The FDA is totally unnecessary to people who are actually responsible.
what planet you been visiting! i bet half the supps on the market don't have accurate labels. it's too bad the fda had to get involved in the first place, but it has gotten out of hand. i for one like to know that what is listed on the label is what i am getting.

kingdong

kingdong

Awards
  • Established
I'll admit that I used a tub of this stuff when I was stupid. It started out good(scary heartbeat/ raised blood pressure aside) But pretty quickly, it became more useless than just caffein. I would crash during my workout, and feel like **** for the rest of the day. My friends tell me I'm funny, but on a Nano crash, the humor was gone. Also,

WilteredFire

WilteredFire

Awards
  • Established
Theres lots of $$$ in the proprietary blends, ooops I mean 20-30 ingredients in small amounts to make you think its doing something, Oooops i mean..Its used to hide how much of each individual ingredient there using, Oops i mean protect it from competitors. I guess the rest of the health industry that dont use 'craprietory blends' and manage to make profit just fine must all be a big coincidence.

Hey bigT, i agree with you there. Glad theres someone else with the same view :)

Personally im thinking PH's and AAS are about the only things right now that will give the kind of gains that I want when I need some more size on me, till then I think i'll just keep my diet and training solid as I can and only put my money on something thats worthwhile like some Krealkalyn and Leucine powder.

tnubs

tnubs

Awards
  • Established
friend of mine got a free tub when he worked at gnc (it was a return) and i tried it one time and it made me weaker. prop blends with a bunch of ingredients means stay away.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Theres lots of $$$ in the proprietary blends, ooops I mean 20-30 ingredients in small amounts to make you think its doing something, Oooops i mean..Its used to hide how much of each individual ingredient there using, Oops i mean protect it from competitors. I guess the rest of the health industry that dont use 'craprietory blends' and manage to make profit just fine must all be a big coincidence.

Hey bigT, i agree with you there. Glad theres someone else with the same view :)

Personally im thinking PH's and AAS are about the only things right now that will give the kind of gains that I want when I need some more size on me, till then I think i'll just keep my diet and training solid as I can and only put my money on something thats worthwhile like some Krealkalyn and Leucine powder.
i honestly don't know how fda could allow prop blends to start with. with all the different stuff people take these day's it is vital to know how much of an ingredient you are taking. proprietary blends is one of the most dishonest things the supplement industry has come up with to date- along with adding ingredients not listed on label and not including ingredients that are on label. for a 2.5 billion dollar industry, there sure doesn't seem to be much quality control. that's right the supplement industry is hauling in 2.5 BILLION DOLLARS YEARLY. YOU WOULD THINK THEY COULD DO MUCH BETTER FOR THAT KIND OF CASH.:grumpy:

WilteredFire

WilteredFire

Awards
  • Established
Personally I do my bit with educating people to stay from the hyped up and weak ass supplements and spend there money on things more worthwhile like some quality food and protein so they dont give unneeded business to companys that aren't willing to give a damn about their customers regardless of what they may say in their defense.

Its also useful to know how much of what ingredients your getting incase people have issues with side effects or tolerance issues for particular ingredients and need to know so they can make a choice as to buy the supplement or not.

Kristofer68SS

Kristofer68SS

Awards
  • Established
Prop Blend ensures product security, its not uncommon.

Proprietary formulas keep competitors from copying an expensive R&D. A patent would work, but this is expensive and not always easy.

Ingredient profiles are not etched in stone. This goes for prop blend and full disclosure profiles.

Unless they are being tested and certified(XPENSIVE), profiles at best are a suggestion.

Just because a company puts X on the label doesnt mean its fact. lol

Some high end supps might be tested and verified, but for the most part, its unheard of. They would brag about it in the write up so you would know if they took the xtra step.

my 2 pennies.

WilteredFire

WilteredFire

Awards
  • Established
No offense... but that seems a bit contradicting.
Maybe I generalized too much and spoke for myself there ... :) Would have been better to say Creatine, regardless of which form works for who :) I mentioned Kre-alkalyn since I dont seem to respond with CM/CEE

Regardless, I was trying to point out about money being spent on things that are more 'tried and tested' on essentials wether its protein, food or Creatine. I hope that clears up what I meant lol :)

Cheers.

WilteredFire

WilteredFire

Awards
  • Established

Proprietary formulas keep competitors from copying an expensive R&D.

Ingredient profiles are not etched in stone. This goes for prop blend and full disclosure profiles.

Unless they are being tested and certified(XPENSIVE), profiles at best are a suggestion.

Some high end supps might be tested and verified, but for the most part, its unheard of. They would brag about it in the write up so you would know if they took the xtra step.

my 2 pennies.
Thanks for that info there...I can definately understand that the company has security from this...but on the flip side...what about the customers security? What security would a customer have from a prop blend if they need to know the ingredients in order to see if they had tolerance issues or sides from a particular compound or to see the info provided so they can work out wether it will be worth the money?

IMHO it allows the customer to judge and see wether they are getting a weak bunch of ingredients just thrown in together or wether there is another product available that is more stronger and more likely to yield better results.

I hope this makes sense? :)

Kristofer68SS

Kristofer68SS

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for that info there...I can definately understand that the company has security from this...but on the flip side...what about the customers security? What security would a customer have from a prop blend if they need to know the ingredients in order to see if they had tolerance issues or sides from a particular compound or to see the info provided so they can work out wether it will be worth the money?

IMHO it allows the customer to judge and see wether they are getting a weak bunch of ingredients just thrown in together or wether there is another product available that is more stronger and more likely to yield better results.

I hope this makes sense? :)
Not really.

I made it pretty clear how the supplement industry works.

You can choose to trust a company, whether it be prop blend or full disclosure, or not.

If you want to know exactly what is in your product X from company Y, your going to pay for it.

I suggest you seek out companies using NSF certification(or the likes) if tolerance, side effects and 100% product legitimacy are a concern.

Good luck. lol

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote

Proprietary formulas keep competitors from copying an expensive R&D.

my 2 pennies.
read what you have posted here and tell me you think this is good business practice? good lord, if this is the accepted way of doing business in the supplement industry is it any wonder the fda is investigating? i only hope that the people in charge of supplement companies make an effort to clean up their act before they give the government an excuse to take away even the most basic substances. i am done defending supplement companies, if the government takes away our right to buy even the most basic stuff then i blame the greed of supplement companies.

Kristofer68SS

Kristofer68SS

Awards
  • Established
read what you have posted here and tell me you think this is good business practice? good lord, if this is the accepted way of doing business in the supplement industry is it any wonder the fda is investigating? i only hope that the people in charge of supplement companies make an effort to clean up their act before they give the government an excuse to take away even the most basic substances. i am done defending supplement companies, if the government takes away our right to buy even the most basic stuff then i blame the greed of supplement companies.

Dont kill the messenger.

This is how it works.

Like i said, if your panties are in a bunch only buy from NSF, Consumer Lab and NNFA(NPA) certified(or the likes) companies using GMP standards.

If not, STFU and keep rollin like i do.

lol

Ya'll jist dint no what to look for on dem dare stickers from deh bottle ya jist bught do ya? lol,:) j/k

jakellpet

jakellpet

Banned
Awards
  • Established
It does not please me to see such a worthless subject such as NanoVapour get so much consideration and airtime.

I suggest we lower the standards once more Gents.

Kristofer68SS

Kristofer68SS

Awards
  • Established
It does not please me to see such a worthless subject such as NanoVapour get so much consideration and airtime.

I suggest we lower the standards once more Gents.
Whose talking about NanoJunk.

Not me.

But Im out anyways.

All this certification and verification mumbo jumbo makes me tired.

lol

:)

jakellpet

jakellpet

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Whose talking about NanoJunk.

Not me.

But Im out anyways.

All this certification and verification mumbo jumbo makes me tired.

lol

:)
уверенная вещь. И есть лучшие вещи, которые Вы могли делать с вашей энергией., типа тратящей время попусту левой руки

whosane

Awards
Lol if you think nanoVAPOR has many ingredient, wait till you read the blend of anabolic halo! If there ever was a kitchen sink supplement, this is it!

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Dont kill the messenger.

This is how it works.

Like i said, if your panties are in a bunch only buy from NSF, Consumer Lab and NNFA(NPA) certified(or the likes) companies using GMP standards.

If not, STFU and keep rollin like i do.

lol

Ya'll jist dint no what to look for on dem dare stickers from deh bottle ya jist bught do ya? lol,:) j/k
don't worry my friend, i know where you are coming from. but, if we don't get our 'panties' in a bunch every once in a while it sends the wrong message. if we don't let them know we are unhappy with the present practice's why would they be motivated to change?:bigok: