Best overall protein?

reptone

Awards
  • Established
I curently use Dymatize Elite(nothing wrong with it) but family wants suggestions for Christmas stocking stuffer type things. What are some of your favs overall? Things to consider is quality(whey/casein), cost, flavor,mixability and availability. No need for argumants and I agree that FOOD is the best source, just looking for alternatives and to maybe try something new with someone else paying for it. :veryhappy: Dymatize? Muscle Milk? Chain store brand? Isopure?

JN230

JN230

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
i gotta put myvote in for Lipotropic protein if they can tweak the flavor, the benefits are amazing!!!!

SamBoz19

SamBoz19

Awards
  • Established
There is no such thing as "the best overall" protein. Honestly, it is to each their own. As to what company makes the best protein...that is too subjective to answer as everyone has different tastes and different company preferences.

If you want to talk what protein as in whey, casein, egg, beef, etc is the best kind of protein then that is a different story.

I would assume your referring to protein supplements and therefore...my personal recommendations are: (in no particular order)

Gaspari Myofusion or Intrapro
Nature's Best Isopure
Champion Nutrition Pure Whey Stack
Labrada Nutrition Pro-V 60 (I love this stuff)
Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard 100% Casein or Whey

A quick honorable mention...All The Whey Fat Free Whey Protein Isolate

Cheers!:cheers:

-Sean-

Team APPNUT

gamer2be08

gamer2be08

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard! Decent Price
Or, if your cheap, Axis Labs Clutch Whey Isolate!
If you have the mula, go with ON Pro Complex!

ON, however has amazing flavors, better than Elite IMO...

MPFit

MPFit

Awards
  • Established
I'd stick with Dymatize! I love the Elite soo much.. BUT if I had someone to get me another flavor it'd be Muscle Pharm Combat Triple Berry without a doubt.. I love it but the Dymatize is more economical.

elgenyo

elgenyo

Awards
  • Established
Protein Factory Big Blast...hands down you will find no protein on the market like it. It has everything you need. Bit pricey though.

guyr62

Awards
I like Intek / Evolution. Mixes great and tastes fantastic.

jagawoods

Awards
whey and casein mixture.. should be good.. ON for the brand

Jag

Jag

Awards
  • Established
After much sourcing i finally found a place here in Oz where i can buy 20kg bags of pure unflavored WPI for less than $400.00.

Zero fat, zero carbs and i can mix it with whatever i want. I'd never buy any commercial brands again................no offence supp companies :veryhappy:

AnthonyIOSOS

AnthonyIOSOS

Awards
  • Established
I like Optimum Nutrition and Dymatize. Both have excellent flavors, quality ingredients and low pricing.

soontobbeast

Awards
  • Established
the most bio available and fastest absorbing - hydrolyzed whey.

the most bio available casein is hydrolyzed casein.

if thats what you meant. if you meant flavor wise, i would say muscle milk casein and all the whey's whey.

smutty

smutty

Awards
I get better results from casein. I like Protein Factory's Aussie casein, but that is pricey as well.

TaPo31

Awards
I really like NF Pro by AAEFX. Great taste, mixes great, only downside would be that it isn't WPI, but a great economical whey.

wrasslin116

wrasslin116

Awards
  • Established
Best overall protein.....I think I'd have to go with my egg whites/steak/chicken breast and tuna :biggthumpup:

Ju1cedUp

Awards
  • Established
save them some money! All the Whey isolate protein. tastes good too.

Kristofer68SS

Kristofer68SS

Awards
  • Established
Outside of-
Venison
Turkey
Chicken
Fish
Lean Beef

ON pro complex
Isopure
Isobolic

These are my favs.

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Lipotropic Protein by LG Sciences. Check out the ingredient profile and extra additives such as the betaine and digestive enzymes. It speaks for itself.

* Supports Lean Muscle
* Increased Metabolic Effect
* Over 6g BCAA's per serving
* Over 6g Glutamine per serving
* Aminomax Enzymes

Contains casein, whey, and gemma (genus) proteins. 25g protein/sc.

I also use Dymatize Elite 12hr pre-bed. I've been using that for the last two years. Great stuff, especially the price.

cheloz28

cheloz28

Awards
  • Established
All the whey has the best Tasting protein if that's what you meant

AnthonyIOSOS

AnthonyIOSOS

Awards
  • Established
Lipotropic Protein by LG Sciences. Check out the ingredient profile and extra additives such as the betaine and digestive enzymes. It speaks for itself.

* Supports Lean Muscle
* Increased Metabolic Effect
* Over 6g BCAA's per serving
* Over 6g Glutamine per serving
* Aminomax Enzymes

Contains casein, whey, and gemma (genus) proteins. 25g protein/sc.

I also use Dymatize Elite 12hr pre-bed. I've been using that for the last two years. Great stuff, especially the price.
12-HR is an awesome protein. I've bought a couple of containers in the past and really enjoyed it. Add that one to my list.

Ju1cedUp

Awards
  • Established
All the whey has the best Tasting protein if that's what you meant
i have not tasted every protein out there, so i may have understated my case. haha

sounds like a legit statement

capnsavem

capnsavem

Awards
  • Established
my favs:

100% whey gold standard from ON
Pure whey stack by Champion
Combat Protein from MusclePharm
Nitro Core 24 by ON

bxtoman

Awards
american mass by american whey
xtreme mass by ultimate nutrition
and kinda pricey but afterglow by biorythm

warnerve

Awards
  • Established
for combination of taste, quality, and price it's xtreme formulations whey IMHO...the PB choc is amazing

i've been extremely pleased with ATW cinnabun and cupcake batter, but not with some of their other flavors

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
all the whey isolate
syntrax 2.0
Myogenix MyoLean Evolution