Testofen or Nettle Extract (Divan)

nattydisaster

nattydisaster

PESCIENCE.com
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ok I haven't been paying attention. Which does everyone like better for test boost?

alwaysgaining

alwaysgaining

Awards
  • Established
i know testofen boosts test but i get much more from it from libido to sleep to load size to hardning and a leaing effect and it ups my aggression as well, i have never run stight dinivill but i have run massfx and got a good pump and ok gains but it seemd to lose effect bulk testofen never lost effects while i took it for 6 months

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Both is best if you ask me, ever since I first started using Divanil I was wondering why people were not putting this together with a decent natural test booster. I don't like Trib Terr. so I had to find something that worked for me and Testofen seemed to do the trick, now AI comes out with Testopro, I think "this is what I want to try". I have not tried it yet personally but will soon. The reviews are very good so I expect good things.

sanchezgreg18

sanchezgreg18

Awards
  • Established
straight fenugreek also has a negative effect on thyroid hormones as i have read. but i havent found any literature saying whether the same is true with specific extracts from it like testofen, 4-oh, grecunin, trigimanose.

alwaysgaining

alwaysgaining

Awards
  • Established
straight fenugreek also has a negative effect on thyroid hormones as i have read. but i havent found any literature saying whether the same is true with specific extracts from it like testofen, 4-oh, grecunin, trigimanose.
Well, I kind of stay away from fenugreek because I don't want an increase of prolactin...supposedly it raises prolactin...
both ar bullsh1t, ther are plenty of threads on here with ppl crying cuz they heard that it makes u lactate, testofen is a potant extract of the fenugreek seed, but fenugreek it self has differnt actions in wemens body thatn mens. if it made u lactate or mesd with yer thyroid u have serious underlying issues

JN230

JN230

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
ya and phytotest also has Methoxy at a high dosage! ive heard great thing, hope to run it when i get back after my shoulder heals

sanchezgreg18

sanchezgreg18

Awards
  • Established
what sucks is they had a blowout sale for 24 bucks abottle like last week and i missed out i had it in my cart and when i came back it was oos

sanchezgreg18

sanchezgreg18

Awards
  • Established
both ar bullsh1t, ther are plenty of threads on here with ppl crying cuz they heard that it makes u lactate, testofen is a potant extract of the fenugreek seed, but fenugreek it self has differnt actions in wemens body thatn mens. if it made u lactate or mesd with yer thyroid u have serious underlying issues
so what i said was bull****? i never said that testofen extracts have the same effect on t4 and t3 i only said that was true about full spectrum fenugreek that is not extracted for the testofen or other ext i mentioned.

INHIBITION OF TRIIODOTHYRONINE PRODUCTION BY FENUGREEK SEED EXTRACT IN MICE AND RATS*1

SUNANDA PANDA, PANKAJ TAHILIANI and ANAND KAR

Thyroid Research Unit, School of Life Sciences, Vigyan Bhawan, D.A. University, Khandwa Road, Indore, 452 017, India

Available online 26 March 2002.

Abstract

The effects of fenugreek seed extract on the alterations in serum thyroid hormone concentrations were studied in adult male mice and rats. Simultaneously, hepatic lipid peroxidation (LPO) and the activities of the antioxidant enzymes, viz superoxide dismutase (SOD) and catalase (CAT) were examined. Administration of methi seed extract (0.11 g kg body wt.−1day−1for 15 days) to both mice and rats significantly decreases serum triiodothyronine (T3) concentration and T3/T4ratio, but increases thyroxine (T4) levels and body weight. While hepatic LPO and CAT activities were not altered, a significant decrease in SOD activity was observed in both the animal models. These findings suggest that fenugreek seed extract induced inhibition in T4to T3conversion is not peroxidation-mediated and the inhibition in SOD activity could be the result of a decrease in the protein anabolic hormone, T3.pc

The combined effects of Trigonella foenum-graecum and Allium sativum extracts were evaluated for their ameliorative potential in the L-thyroxine-induced hyperthyroidic rat model to contribute to an understanding of interaction between the two extracts. The investigation was carried out using two different doses. A comparison was made with the response of individual plant extracts at the previously studied effective dose in adult Wistar rats rendered hyperthyroidic by daily injections of L-thyroxine (300 microg/kg body wt., s.c.). Propylthiouracil (PTU), an antithyroid drug, was used as a reference compound. Alterations in serum triiodothyronine (T3), thyroxine (T4), glucose, hepatic glucose-6-phosphatase (G-6-Pase) and oxygen consumption were studied as end parameters. Superoxide dismutase (SOD), catalase (CAT) activities, lipid peroxidation (LPO) and reduced glutathione (GSH) were examined to reveal any toxic effects of the drugs. The combined effects of Trigonella and Allium at 200 and 500 mg/kg body wt. respectively, were equipotent as compared to the individual extracts in lowering the serum concentrations of T3 and T4 in hyperthyroidic rats. Our findings reveal that some plant extracts in combination may not always prove to be synergistic. It is therefore suggested that Trigonella foenum-graecum and Allium sativum extracts may be used individually and not together in the regulation of hyperthyroidism.

Jimbo15

Jimbo15

Primordial Performance Rep
Awards
  • Established
Testofen is great, i'll be posting up some info on it later

alwaysgaining

alwaysgaining

Awards
  • Established
so what i said was bull****? i never said that testofen extracts have the same effect on t4 and t3 i only said that was true about full spectrum fenugreek that is not extracted for the testofen or other ext i mentioned.

INHIBITION OF TRIIODOTHYRONINE PRODUCTION BY FENUGREEK SEED EXTRACT IN MICE AND RATS*1

SUNANDA PANDA, PANKAJ TAHILIANI and ANAND KAR

Thyroid Research Unit, School of Life Sciences, Vigyan Bhawan, D.A. University, Khandwa Road, Indore, 452 017, India

Available online 26 March 2002.

Abstract

The effects of fenugreek seed extract on the alterations in serum thyroid hormone concentrations were studied in adult male mice and rats. Simultaneously, hepatic lipid peroxidation (LPO) and the activities of the antioxidant enzymes, viz superoxide dismutase (SOD) and catalase (CAT) were examined. Administration of methi seed extract (0.11 g kg body wt.−1day−1for 15 days) to both mice and rats significantly decreases serum triiodothyronine (T3) concentration and T3/T4ratio, but increases thyroxine (T4) levels and body weight. While hepatic LPO and CAT activities were not altered, a significant decrease in SOD activity was observed in both the animal models. These findings suggest that fenugreek seed extract induced inhibition in T4to T3conversion is not peroxidation-mediated and the inhibition in SOD activity could be the result of a decrease in the protein anabolic hormone, T3.pc

The combined effects of Trigonella foenum-graecum and Allium sativum extracts were evaluated for their ameliorative potential in the L-thyroxine-induced hyperthyroidic rat model to contribute to an understanding of interaction between the two extracts. The investigation was carried out using two different doses. A comparison was made with the response of individual plant extracts at the previously studied effective dose in adult Wistar rats rendered hyperthyroidic by daily injections of L-thyroxine (300 microg/kg body wt., s.c.). Propylthiouracil (PTU), an antithyroid drug, was used as a reference compound. Alterations in serum triiodothyronine (T3), thyroxine (T4), glucose, hepatic glucose-6-phosphatase (G-6-Pase) and oxygen consumption were studied as end parameters. Superoxide dismutase (SOD), catalase (CAT) activities, lipid peroxidation (LPO) and reduced glutathione (GSH) were examined to reveal any toxic effects of the drugs. The combined effects of Trigonella and Allium at 200 and 500 mg/kg body wt. respectively, were equipotent as compared to the individual extracts in lowering the serum concentrations of T3 and T4 in hyperthyroidic rats. Our findings reveal that some plant extracts in combination may not always prove to be synergistic. It is therefore suggested that Trigonella foenum-graecum and Allium sativum extracts may be used individually and not together in the regulation of hyperthyroidism.

again this is in rats and its talkin about a certain extract Trigonella and Allium at 200 and 500 mg/kg not just regular fenugreek that ud buy from now foods for example, i wuld tk that study with a grain of salt.
so for 80kg thatd be 40000mg and 16000mg of these specif extract, i would never try to even take 40g of fenugreek or 16g let alone of those extracts

nattydisaster

nattydisaster

PESCIENCE.com
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
TestoPRO contains both testofen and Divanil.
Yea but the dose of Divan is...low...

600mg prop blend, 1200mg a day is what you need to take of Divan, and your whole prop blend is 1200mg, and quercetin is in there, which is cheap and needs to be taken at 500-1000mg a day. Idk...just analyzing.

I agree its a good formula I just find it hard to pimp the divan

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

AI Sports Nutrition
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established

600mg prop blend, 1200mg a day is what you need to take of Divan, and your whole prop blend is 1200mg, and quercetin is in there, which is cheap and needs to be taken at 500-1000mg a day. Idk...just analyzing.

Results have been good from the product. I was just stating that it contained both.

Kristofer68SS

Kristofer68SS

Awards
  • Established

I think the synergy between the prop blend ingredients is being underestimated in this statement. Reviews have been stellar. Comparable or better than the OG AX by DS.

Wonder where that formula came from.
The R & D group that is currently shacked up in the CrowlerCave.:)

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I think the synergy between the prop blend ingredients is being underestimated in this statement. Reviews have been stellar. Comparable or better than the OG AX by DS.

Yah this is what I was thinking as well. It seems to work quite well.

UNCnate

UNCnate

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established

Its not low. Its where we wanted it.

Divanil doesnt really need to be taken at doses THAT high to get effects, especially coupled with a full dose of Testofen, which already boosts free testosterone.

There is no reason to include a full dose of Testofen and Divanil in the same product, for a few reasons. The main being once it hit retailers it would be expensive, second, it would be extraneous. You just dont need a full dose of both for it to be effective.

nattydisaster

nattydisaster

PESCIENCE.com
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Its not low. Its where we wanted it.

Divanil doesnt really need to be taken at doses THAT high to get effects, especially coupled with a full dose of Testofen, which already boosts free testosterone.

There is no reason to include a full dose of Testofen and Divanil in the same product, for a few reasons. The main being once it hit retailers it would be expensive, second, it would be extraneous. You just dont need a full dose of both for it to be effective.
They undergo completely different mechanisms in the body, though. The studies done on the Divan show a pretty high dose is needed. I said that the product has gotten good reviews, and we moved on. But if you want to try to get defensive I will by all means prove you wrong and let it be heard

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

AI Sports Nutrition
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
They undergo completely different mechanisms in the body, though. The studies done on the Divan show a pretty high dose is needed. I said that the product has gotten good reviews, and we moved on. But if you want to try to get defensive I will by all means prove you wrong and let it be heard
No need to we had moved on this will be the last of the dosage talk as we are both right.:)

BBB

BBB

Awards
  • Established
I would recommend caution when using fenugreek. I added NOW brand fenugreek to a natty stack last fall and about three weeks later I developed a hard knot under my right nipple. I'm almost certain it was the fenugreek. I have used PP's PhytoTest in the past without issue, also without any net gains.

Kristofer68SS

Kristofer68SS

Awards
  • Established
I would recommend caution when using fenugreek. I added NOW brand fenugreek to a natty stack last fall and about three weeks later I developed a hard knot under my right nipple. I'm almost certain it was the fenugreek. I have used PP's PhytoTest in the past without issue, also without any net gains.
How much were you taking, ED?

Define "natty stack" please.

Prior 3 months of supps usage to "gyno stack" as well.

Please and thank you.

nattydisaster

nattydisaster

PESCIENCE.com
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Same happened to me a while back.

Personally, comparing TestoPro to PhytoTest, I like the phytotest better because it offers more Testofen and a real dose of Methoxy. No prop blend hidden crap.

I just find it weird that the TestoPro shows the testofen dosage, but then hides everything else, you know? Why hide some of it? It could be all quercetin for all I know, which in that case, all that I am getting anabolic effects from is Testofen, at a lower dose that the Phyto.

Kristofer68SS

Kristofer68SS

Awards
  • Established

Personally, comparing TestoPro to PhytoTest, I like the phytotest better because it offers more Testofen and a real dose of Methoxy. No prop blend hidden crap.

I just find it weird that the TestoPro shows the testofen dosage, but then hides everything else, you know? Why hide some of it? It could be all quercetin for all I know, which in that case, all that I am getting anabolic effects from is Testofen, at a lower dose that the Phyto.
If they told you, they would have to kill you. j/k

:)

Proprietary blends are not all that uncommon, for obvious reasons.

nattydisaster

nattydisaster

PESCIENCE.com
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
If they told you, they would have to kill you. j/k

:)

Proprietary blends are not all that uncommon, for obvious reasons.
Agreed. Like i said, i just thought it was weird to show only the testofen lol. Already said like 10 posts ago it gets great reviews

BBB

BBB

Awards
  • Established
How much were you taking, ED?

Define "natty stack" please.

Prior 3 months of supps usage to "gyno stack" as well.

Please and thank you.

Prior three months.
I completed the Diesel Test Three Kings Stack (about 6 weeks on) with a three week sabatical between stacks.

My second stack included MassFX (6/day), Primal Male (6/day), Drive (6/day) and NOW fenugreek (3/day) dosed three times/day. I have used all of the above products in the past, with the exception of Primal Male and NOW fenugreek, without issue.

Kristofer68SS

Kristofer68SS

Awards
  • Established
My stack included MassFX (6/day), Primal Male (6/day), Drive (6/day) and NOW fenugreek (3/day) dosed three times/day. I have used all of the above products in the past, with the exception of Primal Male and NOW fenugreek, without issue.
Thats one hell of stack.

What is your age again?

Definately could cause some extra estrogen conversion with that stack.

Overdosed MFX and Fenu isnt it?

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

AI Sports Nutrition
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established

PhytoTest and all PP products are good. I can assure you that TestoPRO does contain testofen.:)

marco wolf

marco wolf

Awards
  • Established
Indians have been eating, using and taking fenugreek (methi) for thousands of years without reports of gyno.

On supplement forums, where a large number of members are known to take steroids manufactured in China, there are reports of gyno and lactation from the use of fenugreek.

Makes ya' think...

nattydisaster

nattydisaster

PESCIENCE.com
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Indians have been eating, using and taking fenugreek (methi) for thousands of years without reports of gyno.

On supplement forums, where a large number of members are known to take steroids manufactured in China, there are reports of gyno and lactation from the use of fenugreek.

Makes ya' think...
Moral of the story is you should only take fenugreek if you're indian :D

tuberman

Awards
  • Established
nattyd,

Both is good.

Pembroke,

Yoz guys do have a winner in Testpro

UNCnate

UNCnate

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
So then if I were planning on running 8 weeks of testopro, it might not be a bad idea to pick up divanex and add one capsule (400mg) twice a day?
That would be similar to stacking TestoPRO with Activate Xtreme, which would be a great stack.

As per the logs (and some individual blood work) TestoPRO is plenty on its own, however.

Im not opposed to stacks and do that all the time. :veryhappy: