Pill Capping

CrazyChemist

CrazyChemist

Awards
  • Established
What exactly comes in the NP pill capping kit? Do I really need to cap one pill at a time. It takes FOREVER. There's got to be a better way.....

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
oh np has a 50 cap kit now? I thought they just sold the 25 cap m quick

CrazyChemist

CrazyChemist

Awards
  • Established
Alright but right now I'm separating the caps, massing out the powder on my scale on a piece of weighing paper and then curling up the weighing paper and delicately trying to get the powder into the caps. How does the capping kit help? Is it just a tray that holds the caps or is there some sort of funnel? So I stil need to mass each dosage out one at a time. Cause massing out, for instance, 200g 50 separate times is tedious.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
no, see you do it how companies do it and work out so that if you say want 200mg of something in a cap, you add say 500mg of maltodextrin as filler. so a full tamped cap holds x amount

CrazyChemist

CrazyChemist

Awards
  • Established
no, see you do it how companies do it and work out so that if you say want 200mg of something in a cap, you add say 500mg of maltodextrin as filler. so a full tamped cap holds x amount
ok i understand there is a right and wrong way to do this but what is the benefit of adding the maltodextrin? I still need to do these one at a time and still pour the powder into the caps by folding a piece of paper and using the crease as a delivery system. My question is, is there some kind of funnel or something that goes into each cap? Some kind of way to do more than one cap at a time? And, I still dont understand what comes with the capping kit - is it just a tray to hold 50 caps? or does it include the maltodextrin? does it include anything else? Sorry for all the questions but the NP page I'm looking at doesnt describe what comes with the kit.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
its just a tray to hold 50 caps. but if each cap holds volumetrically lets say .6ml, and you make your mix so that .6ml has 200mg of your active then you basically just spread a few spoonfuls of the mix onto the capping machine and spread it into the caps. then there is a tamper that you'd use to make sure its tamped tight, add a little more, etc.

CrazyChemist

CrazyChemist

Awards
  • Established
Im sorry im clearly an idiot but i still don't get it. Let's say I want DNP capsules at 200mg each in 0 capsules. I dont want to fill the capsules, thatd be a lethal dose! So how do i mix the dnp and maltodextrin to makes a full cap 200mg? maybe for safety sake i should keep doing them one by one.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
since its 50 caps, you'd need 10g of dnp, and since a 0 cap its roughly 550mg of space, you'd add the effective amount of 350mg of (since we're talking dnp) potassium per cap so 17.5g of that. Helps if you know the density of the powders, then you can calculate it even more precisely. For instance vitamin C powder is way denser than most herbals, so in this instance if using that i'd expect to be around 450mg of vit c to 200mg dnp per cap. So you take the 17.5g of potassium, the 10g of dnp, put it in oh for instance an empty pill bottle that is dry and shake it heavily. so long as neither powder is clumped to begin with, you get a pretty even distribution. 100% perfect? no, but as close a tolerance as is used in production of supplements anyhow. I never run batches of just 50, in this case i'd probably go down to 100mg dnp per cap (if you just had 10mg) and make it 450mg of potassium or whatever per cap for 100 caps. This way you can run the first batch of 50 and weigh a few (subtracting empty capsule weight of course) to see how much total of mix you got per cap, and get an idea of variation. You get more variation with materials that flow poorly, clump, or pack easily.

I've tended to find that I like using the 00s, they are around 750mg capacity with whey or creatine mono, and I always have those around to use as filler :)