Support supplements

M

Mikey851

Awards
  • Established
I recently stocked up on a few prohormones that I plan on using in the future. I can't afford to buy support supplements for these cycles in advance. My question is, do you guys think that companies will continue to offer products geared towards cycle support and pct?

andrew732

andrew732

Awards
  • Established
Cycle support plus adaptogens, krill oil, DHA, PLCAR, ALCAR, p5p, b-12, agmatine

M

Mikey851

Awards
  • Established
Cycle support plus adaptogens, krill oil, DHA, PLCAR, ALCAR, p5p, b-12, agmatine
I appreciate the response, but I was wanting to know if you think products such as Cycle Support or Cycle Assist will still be available in the future.

kingdong

kingdong

Awards
  • Established
I don't use prohormones, but I'm interested in this quote. Why are the CAR products important when on prohormones?

M

Mikey851

Awards
  • Established
I don't use prohormones, but I'm interested in this quote. Why are the CAR products important when on prohormones?
I believe ALCAR boosts testosterone levels, or at least preserves testosterone levels. Here is a description which matches up with most info I've read about it:

Acetyl-L-carnitine (ALCAR) is the acetylated ester derivative of the amino acid L-carnitine. It has been shown in research studies to have protective effects on the brain and helps to release the neurotransmitter acetylcholine. It may also act as a potent anti-oxidant in the brain. Researchers believe that ALCAR improves cognition by enhancing the activity of acetylcholine and/or improving neuronal metabolism. It has been shown to have some anti-catabolic effects as well by preventing the decrease in plasma testosterone levels after chronic exercise stress.

andrew732

andrew732

Awards
  • Established
Not really, its more for CNS health. The ALCAR is geared towards the brain, PLCAR is geared towards the heart, keep researching.

M

Mikey851

Awards
  • Established
Not really, its more for CNS health. The ALCAR is geared towards the brain, PLCAR is geared towards the heart, keep researching.
Well I know it is supposed to enhance focus but everywhere I look it is somehow linked to testosterone as well because of it's anticatabolic effects. I suppose maybe something to do with Cortisol or something. I'm sure that could just be a form of marketing for the product but it usually mentions something along those lines.

jeffh3c

jeffh3c

Awards
  • Established
I believe ALCAR boosts testosterone levels, or at least preserves testosterone levels. Here is a description which matches up with most info I've read about it:

Acetyl-L-carnitine (ALCAR) is the acetylated ester derivative of the amino acid L-carnitine. It has been shown in research studies to have protective effects on the brain and helps to release the neurotransmitter acetylcholine. It may also act as a potent anti-oxidant in the brain. Researchers believe that ALCAR improves cognition by enhancing the activity of acetylcholine and/or improving neuronal metabolism. It has been shown to have some anti-catabolic effects as well by preventing the decrease in plasma testosterone levels after chronic exercise stress.
M&F article last issue had it in there as a supp to take to keep test high. I'm sure it is good for other things too.

I;ve heard of several of th others but what are adaptogens. Ive done ph cycles before and used ai cycle supp and pct but never any adaptogens. Do you have a recomendation on brand, doseage etc?

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

AI Sports Nutrition
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I appreciate the response, but I was wanting to know if you think products such as Cycle Support or Cycle Assist will still be available in the future.
I see no reason that they would not be. There is nothing illegal in them and some people use Cycle Support at 1/2 the dose everyday for general health.

M

Mikey851

Awards
  • Established
I see no reason that they would not be. There is nothing illegal in them and some people use Cycle Support at 1/2 the dose everyday for general health.
True, I wasn't thinking about the fact that people take some of those supplements for general health; also there is still a market for those using "real gear".