Creatine Risks?

brugalou

brugalou

Awards
  • Established
I just wanted some opinions on the actual health risks of the long term use of creatine. It's just every time I go to my doc, he checks my kidney functions. It always comes back high, so I stop my creatine use for 2 weeks and go get re-checked and then they're back to normal. At this point I'm thinking of just stopping my creatine use but I love my N.O. products. If anyone with more knowledge than me on long term creatine use can give me some advice I would really appreciate it. If this is gonna do damage to me in the long run I'll just quit now

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I just wanted some opinions on the actual health risks of the long term use of creatine. It's just every time I go to my doc, he checks my kidney functions. It always comes back high, so I stop my creatine use for 2 weeks and go get re-checked and then they're back to normal. At this point I'm thinking of just stopping my creatine use but I love my N.O. products. If anyone with more knowledge than me on long term creatine use can give me some advice I would really appreciate it. If this is gonna do damage to me in the long run I'll just quit now
Seems that you are not aware that creatine converts into creatinine, which can cause higher than normal readings for kidney function. However, does not mean that you have any kidney issues, and doctors are often not aware of this. There ARE creatine products out there that do NOT have such a high rate of conversion or convert at all (I know, because I used to have weekly bloods done and I know which ones do and which don't; and generally CM products do not have as high a conversion rate as CEE products)...If you want to know more on the effects of long-term creatine use, then do some personal research; there are many articles out there on it; it is one of the most researched supplements around.

~Rosie
Team APPNUT

gamer2be08

gamer2be08

Banned
Awards
  • Established
For one thing creatinine is NOT toxic, just a bi-product that the body cannot use so it comes out of your urine... I would recommend Kre-Alkalyn powder, which supposedly doesn't convert to creatinine and supposedly all of it gets absorbed. No water bloat effect either etc... Kre Alk is just buffered creatine mono. There are NO proven negative effects against the long/short term use of creatine, only pros... I stay on Kre Alk without cycling and have zero problems associated. For goodness sake, its just an amino acid xD...

kingdong

kingdong

Awards
  • Established
Is thenre a place where I can get some cheap, bulk, Kre-Alkylin powder?

gamer2be08

gamer2be08

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Is thenre a place where I can get some cheap, bulk, Kre-Alkylin powder?
If you find one mate, tell me haha, the most Ive seen for Kre-Alk powder is 500 grams.. which would last you 500 days if you took the min. I have 300 grams and take 1.5 grams pre and 1.5 post. Supposedly 1 gram of kre alk equals 10 grams of creatine mono because of how much is converted. But im sure its more like a 1 to 5 ratio rather than 1 to 10.. If you want me to show you where I got the kre-alk from I can send it to you in a msg.

brugalou

brugalou

Awards
  • Established
Thanks a lot guys you have all been very helpful, I was getting worried for a second.:approve: