Question about Maca and Libido

MadeInCanada

Awards
Hey guys! Long time since I've been on the forum.

Basically I took some stuff I shouldn't have a long time ago and basically messed up my libido/sex drive. Getting a full firm erection can be difficult sometimes.

Since I have stopped taking any form of prohormones, I have noticed slow (and I mean slow) improvement in sex drive. It has been getting better over time and my endocrinilogist has told me it will probably take a few months till it recovers. Also since Ive been off, the small bit of Gyno I had has been decreasing in size :)

Anyhow! My main question is that I've been using this vitamin product I got from GNC called Maca Man. I believe it contains mainly Yohimbe and Maca. Anyways, it works great for me. It enhances my libido perfectly and I love using it.

Is this ok to use during my "time of recovery" from prohormones? It seems like a great fix for me to use during this time while my body recovers, but I'm not sure if it is throwing off the recovery or not.

Any comments or help is greatly appreciated :)

AnabolicFrenz

Awards
I doubt it is throwing off the recovery, it shouldnt suppress you in anyway that I am aware of, someone correct me if I am wrong. Also you may want to look into something like Anabolic Xtremes Advanced PCT, that should help you bring your guys back sooner.

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
No problem in using it, but you could do way better than that product. I guarantee you the maca is underdosed.

A number of products would do you better: diesel test hardcore, san endotest pro, testopro, blue gene, etc.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
No problem in using it, but you could do way better than that product. I guarantee you the maca is underdosed.

A number of products would do you better: diesel test hardcore, san endotest pro, testopro, blue gene, etc.
all good products. but for me dtp by get diesel is working real well.

MadeInCanada

Awards
Ok, thanks guys :) appreciate the comments huge. You're much more helpful then bodybuilding . com thats for sure.

Now Ive been told by the doctor as well as somebody builders to avoid any type of PCT or testboosters to let my body regulate naturally on its own. Naturally, how long does this process take? My endocronologist said a couple months, but I dont really take what she said seriously because she didnt even know what a prohormone was :S

I miss my full blown sex drives and random erections hahaa

matthias7

matthias7

Awards
  • Established
My endocronologist said a couple months, but I dont really take what she said seriously because she didnt even know what a prohormone was :S
Oh my goodness. How is paying her salary?

Using maca thats sort of thing doesn't appear to boost test directly. It does help with the rest of the system and may have neuro-steriodal effects. I'd use DTHC to ramp your overall well being. I would say maca/trib/long jack/icariin/yohimbine hcl will all help but there is no evidence of directly boosting test at all. There are anecdoctal reports but nothing concrete. I vouche that icariin is 'amazing'. You can also look to use divanil products.

Anyway maca is cheap so if it works you can run it for a long time.

The real question is whether to use an AI, clearly your endo says no. The board here will say yes.

The endo's problem is that there is nothing they can prescribe because exogenase hormone would be counterproductive, that is very different from saying nothing will work.

Pharmacology began in herbalism and IMO the more I know the more I think herbalism is the way to go for anything but moderate to serious medical conditions. In your case this ain't that serious, just stay off PH if its causing so many problems PCT.

BTW happened to your PCT, it looks like you didn't have one in place.

MadeInCanada

Awards
Oh my goodness. How is paying her salary?

Using maca thats sort of thing doesn't appear to boost test directly. It does help with the rest of the system and may have neuro-steriodal effects. I'd use DTHC to ramp your overall well being. I would say maca/trib/long jack/icariin/yohimbine hcl will all help but there is no evidence of directly boosting test at all. There are anecdoctal reports but nothing concrete. I vouche that icariin is 'amazing'. You can also look to use divanil products.

Anyway maca is cheap so if it works you can run it for a long time.

The real question is whether to use an AI, clearly your endo says no. The board here will say yes.

The endo's problem is that there is nothing they can prescribe because exogenase hormone would be counterproductive, that is very different from saying nothing will work.

Pharmacology began in herbalism and IMO the more I know the more I think herbalism is the way to go for anything but moderate to serious medical conditions. In your case this ain't that serious, just stay off PH if its causing so many problems PCT.

BTW happened to your PCT, it looks like you didn't have one in place.
I PCT with P6 Extreme which Im learning isnt so great. But while I was on sdrol, I was stacking it with an AI (which claims to decrease gyno size), and I think I ended up shutting down my test production from the sdrol, as well as having a very low estrogen from the AI which also can kill libido.

Ive done quite a bangup job on my body Ive realized as my libido is still low (I think its been improving though), and Ive learned my liver is pretty damaged (I find out on Monday what the exact problem is) :S

Because of the damage to my liver, I am not putting anything pill form in my body at this time to let it repair itself. Hopefully my libido and test levels will rise to normal soon. Ive been told my test levels are normal, but still on the poor side. 11.4 free test, and 340 total test.

celc5

celc5

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Once you see your liver values, which can't figure out why endos don't just prescribe a 3-4 week clomid taper for you fellas that are having a difficult time recovering.

Canada,
SD is the only one that crushes production that harshly. I've ran something like 6 legal designers and I'd probably run 5 of them again when weighing pros vs. cons. Obviously SD is not in my future plans again LOL :nana:

MadeInCanada

Awards
Once you see your liver values, which can't figure out why endos don't just prescribe a 3-4 week clomid taper for you fellas that are having a difficult time recovering.

Canada,
SD is the only one that crushes production that harshly. I've ran something like 6 legal designers and I'd probably run 5 of them again when weighing pros vs. cons. Obviously SD is not in my future plans again LOL :nana:
Yeah, Ive been learning how horrible SD is the hard way. I was naive enough to believe the wrong people, and I actually thought I was just taking an OTC Pro Hormone. Turns out it was superdrol.

With that being said, what kind of recovery time do you think I can expect before my libido is full kicking again?

celc5

celc5

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
With proper pct, I felt like garbage for a good 3 weeks. That's when I was like "ok things are getting better" in terms of libido.

I'd say it was about 3 months before everything seemed like it felt completely right again (libido, mood, sleep patterns).

When I eventually got bloodwork, everything was in check except for HDL. That took the longest to resolve.

MadeInCanada

Awards
With proper pct, I felt like garbage for a good 3 weeks. That's when I was like "ok things are getting better" in terms of libido.

I'd say it was about 3 months before everything seemed like it felt completely right again (libido, mood, sleep patterns).

When I eventually got bloodwork, everything was in check except for HDL. That took the longest to resolve.
So that was with taking nolva or whatever PCT? Because Im letting my body recover naturally, without a form of PCT. Its been on the right direction, just slow.

And what is HDL?

celc5

celc5

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Ya I had Torem in pct. I suspect the Torem actually made HDL worse, even though it's the serm that is supposed to be HDL friendly.

HDL, in short, is "good" cholesterol. The higher the better. I'm thinking like 50ish is pretty normal and mine was 30ish IIRC with the bloodwork. I was back to normal like a year later... that's the next time I had bloodwork so I dunno actually how long it took to get back to proper levels.

1HP

1HP

Awards
  • Established
Ya I had Torem in pct. I suspect the Torem actually made HDL worse, even though it's the serm that is supposed to be HDL friendly.

HDL, in short, is "good" cholesterol. The higher the better. I'm thinking like 50ish is pretty normal and mine was 30ish IIRC with the bloodwork. I was back to normal like a year later... that's the next time I had bloodwork so I dunno actually how long it took to get back to proper levels.
Playing around with AI's dont help your cholesterol levels very much ;)

luclyluciano

Awards
  • Established
Playing around with AI's dont help your cholesterol levels very much ;)
The AI is for estrogen contol, and boosting testosterone. As for the liver, I'd look for another doctor. Why would she perscribe liver cleanses, milk thistle, lecethin, salmom oils. Were you running these support supps? Did you pre load as has been stated here a million times? Sounds like your doc is clueless. Remember, only 1% of the pop is successfull and that includes your doc. Chances are your dealing with a 99%er! Time for a more competitent 2nd opinion!!!!

1HP

1HP

Awards
  • Established
I'm confused. What is this post in response too? :think:
Oh just I've seen you posting several times on AI usage and you seem very experienced with those and a regular user, I would think that frequent AI usage will be the cause for your lowered HDL, I cant see Toremifene having a negative effect on your HDL;

Toremifene (Fareston) lowered LDL (bad Cholesterol) and increased HDL (good cholesterol) when given to men receiving androgen-deprivation therapy for prostate cancer.

Study published in Journal of Clinical Oncology, April 2008
Massachusetts General Hospital Cancer Center
We evaluated the effects of toremifene, a selective estrogen-receptor modulator, on fasting serum lipid levels in men receiving ADT for prostate cancer. PATIENTS AND METHODS: In an ongoing, multicenter, double-blind, placebo-controlled phase III fracture-prevention study, 1,389 men receiving ADT for prostate cancer were randomly assigned to receive toremifene (80 mg/d) or placebo. In this interim analysis of 188 patients, changes in fasting serum lipids from baseline to month 12 were compared between the placebo and toremifene groups. RESULTS: Changes in serum lipids differed significantly between the groups. Mean (+/- SE) total cholesterol decreased by 1.0% +/- 1.7% from baseline to month 12 in the placebo group and decreased by 8.1% +/- 1.4% in the toremifene group (P = .001 for between group comparison). Low-density lipoprotein (LDL) cholesterol increased by 0.8% +/- 2.5% in the placebo group and decreased by 8.2% +/- 2.5% in the toremifene group (P = .003). In contrast, high-density lipoprotein (HDL) cholesterol decreased by 4.9% +/- 1.2% in the placebo group and increased by 0.5% +/- 2.2% in the toremifene group (P = .018). Triglycerides increased by 6.9% +/- 4.2% in the placebo group and decreased by 13.2% +/- 3.6% in the toremifene group (P = .003). CONCLUSION: Toremifene significantly decreased total cholesterol, LDL cholesterol, and triglycerides, and increased HDL cholesterol in men receiving ADT for prostate cancer.
The objective of this study was to evaluate the different profiles of serum lipids resulting from the administration of selective estrogen receptor modulators (SERMs). Postmenopausal primary breast cancer patients (n = 197) with node-negative, hormone receptor-positive who were treated at our department or in other related medical institutions from April 1997 through March 2001 were given adjuvant therapy. The adjuvant therapy included 1 year's administration of tamoxifen (TAM) 20 mg or toremifene (TOR) 40 mg. The profiles of serum lipids such as total cholesterol (TC), high-density lipoprotein cholesterol (HDL) and triglyceride (TG) were observed. After 1 year administration TC had significantly decreased (p < 0.001) both in the TAM group and the TOR group, but no significant difference was found between these groups (p = 0.249). HDL had significantly decreased in the TAM group (p < 0.001), while it had significantly increased in the TOR group (p < 0.001), and a significant difference was found between the groups (p < 0.001). TG had significantly increased in the TAM group (p < 0.001) but significantly decreased in the TOR group (p < 0.001). The medication was switched in those who still had abnormal lipid metabolism and given to them for another year. After 1 year from the crossover TC and HDL had increased to the levels of before administration (p < 0.001) and TG had decreased in those (n = 57) whose medication was switched from TAM to TOR. While TC had decreased and TG had increased in those (n = 23) whose medication was switched from TOR to TAM (p < 0.001). The above findings have suggested that TOR provides better profiles of lipid metabolism than TAM.
etc etc

celc5

celc5

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Oh just I've seen you posting several times on AI usage and you seem very experienced with those and a regular user, I would think that frequent AI usage will be the cause for your lowered HDL, I cant see Toremifene having a negative effect on your HDL
You're using good logic and I see where you're coming from. However, bloodwork in the past never revealed any HDL issues, even after ai usage. And I've seen the plenty of the studies that you are referencing... the only other explanation that I have is that SD had HDL so pathetically low (hypothetically before the bloodowork), that I was lucky to be back up in the 30's post pct... yikes! LOL

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I PCT with P6 Extreme which Im learning isnt so great. But while I was on sdrol, I was stacking it with an AI (which claims to decrease gyno size), and I think I ended up shutting down my test production from the sdrol, as well as having a very low estrogen from the AI which also can kill libido.

Ive done quite a bangup job on my body Ive realized as my libido is still low (I think its been improving though), and Ive learned my liver is pretty damaged (I find out on Monday what the exact problem is) :S

Because of the damage to my liver, I am not putting anything pill form in my body at this time to let it repair itself. Hopefully my libido and test levels will rise to normal soon. Ive been told my test levels are normal, but still on the poor side. 11.4 free test, and 340 total test.
ok, from what i have read sd crushes estrogen so much that it is rebound after coming off it that seems to be the problem. you were stacking sd with an ai?????? there is a lesson to be learned here.

celc5

celc5

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
ok, from what i have read sd crushes estrogen so much that it is rebound after coming off it that seems to be the problem. you were stacking sd with an ai?????? there is a lesson to be learned here.
I'm not sure this is sound logic, but the recomp effect with superdrol is absolutely rediculous. In other words, it sure felt like estrogen was non-existant for the 2 weeks I was on it. Maybe crushing estrogen is why libido tanks so quickly too???

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I'm not sure this is sound logic, but the recomp effect with superdrol is absolutely rediculous. In other words, it sure felt like estrogen was non-existant for the 2 weeks I was on it. Maybe crushing estrogen is why libido tanks so quickly too???
this is what i have come up with-sd crushes estrogen, this in turn kills libido. and because sd brings estrogen down so low, this is why people have rebound problems with it. people who use an ai for pct are just continuing to keep estrogen low, and when you stop the ai-bingo!!! big spike in estrogen, plus a big spike in estrogen could bring on prolactin issues with it. you need to research this, i am just using bro-logic from information i got reading up on all the logs about sd and it's clones. if i ever do run sd i will use a serm for first part of pct, and not use an ai till 3rd or 4th week and make sure i taper it down.

celc5

celc5

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
ur theory is as good as any. The more I learn, the less I know LOL

....especially with the devil, oops I mean SD :twak:

1HP

1HP

Awards
  • Established
That would actually go for every strong non aromatising steroid.

What do you think about this: Strong non aromatising steroid shuts you down fast, no test to aromatise, no estrogen, possibly increases in aromatise enzyme, test comes back, estro aswell with a vengeance, combine with popular shbg lowering pct products and hello gyno.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
That would actually go for every strong non aromatising steroid.

What do you think about this: Strong non aromatising steroid shuts you down fast, no test to aromatise, no estrogen, possibly increases in aromatise enzyme, test comes back, estro aswell with a vengeance, combine with popular shbg lowering pct products and hello gyno.
shbg lowering products used during pct doesn't help any, i agree. but using an ai for the base of pct is the main culprit in my theory. from what i have found a serm like clomid should be used without an ai for 3 weeks then bring in the ai for something as strong as sd. 1HP-i think we are on the same page.:cheers:

1HP

1HP

Awards
  • Established
In my personal experience estrogen starts rebounding around 2 weeks after. So yeah seems we're on the same page ;)

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
In my personal experience estrogen starts rebounding around 2 weeks after. So yeah seems we're on the same page ;)
a meeting of the minds-brologic at it's finest,lol.

MadeInCanada

Awards
Meaning... after a roid like superdrol, after about 2 weeks estrogen levels should come back to normal?? Test takes a little longer to get recover to normal levels though.

Am I correct? (e.g. if its been 2 months, has my estrogen levels likely recovered?)

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Meaning... after a roid like superdrol, after about 2 weeks estrogen levels should come back to normal?? Test takes a little longer to get recover to normal levels though.

Am I correct? (e.g. if its been 2 months, has my estrogen levels likely recovered?)
it means, if proper pct wasn't done then estrogen level could soar, and it is possible if estrogen levels are high enough for your body to not produce test at the level of pre-cycle baseline. high estrogen level is a reason some men have low test.

MadeInCanada

Awards
it means, if proper pct wasn't done then estrogen level could soar, and it is possible if estrogen levels are high enough for your body to not produce test at the level of pre-cycle baseline. high estrogen level is a reason some men have low test.
A natural test booster with AI could help this, correct?

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
A natural test booster with AI could help this, correct?
it might, but getting blood tests done will tell you exactly what the problem is. it's always easier to find an answer if you know the question.

celc5

celc5

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

I've experienced estrogenic symptoms rebounding as soon as a few days after dropping estrogen control, with and without taper on seperate occasions. Also, I've experienced a loooong delayed rebound with SD. I suspect that if I would have handled appropriately right off the bat, I probably could have kept the lump at bay... probably like any problem, the sooner you address it, the easier it is to solve.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I've experienced estrogenic symptoms rebounding as soon as a few days after dropping estrogen control, with and without taper on seperate occasions. Also, I've experienced a loooong delayed rebound with SD. I suspect that if I would have handled appropriately right off the bat, I probably could have kept the lump at bay... probably like any problem, the sooner you address it, the easier it is to solve.
how is it today? i am sure this thread could benefit from your experience.:cheers:

celc5

celc5

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
When I stay off of anything hormonal, I notice that it shrinks very slowly over a 2-3 month period. Since that particular period, I ran 6oxo for a month and it SLIGHTLY reaggravated the problem. I'm using a low dose HyperTest right now and again, it slightly irritates the problem.

It's to the point now where I know how it will respond based on ingredients of the supps I choose LOL When I crack open that bottle of Ejaculoid, I'm sure it's gonna aggravate worse than the 6oxo or the Hypertest, but will go back to baseline within 5-10 days after cessation.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
When I stay off of anything hormonal, I notice that it shrinks very slowly over a 2-3 month period. Since that particular period, I ran 6oxo for a month and it SLIGHTLY reaggravated the problem. I'm using a low dose HyperTest right now and again, it slightly irritates the problem.

It's to the point now where I know how it will respond based on ingredients of the supps I choose LOL When I crack open that bottle of Ejaculoid, I'm sure it's gonna aggravate worse than the 6oxo or the Hypertest, but will go back to baseline within 5-10 days after cessation.
ok, so ejaculoid will aggravate the lump temporarilly but will also increase sexual pleasure? umm, so i take it you will be opening ejaculoid soon?:cheers:

celc5

celc5

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
ok, so ejaculoid will aggravate the lump temporarily but will also increase sexual pleasure? umm, so i take it you will be opening ejaculoid soon?:cheers:
yes and yes. the "booster" supps never make it worse in the big picture. They aggravate sensitivity and sometimes temporarily make it bigger. Steroids are what i know would make it worse permanently. That's why I still keep formestane on hand for all my cycles, which works well to keep things under control, or even reduce the lump.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
yes and yes. the "booster" supps never make it worse in the big picture. They aggravate sensitivity and sometimes temporarily make it bigger. Steroids are what i know would make it worse permanently. That's why I still keep formestane on hand for all my cycles, which works well to keep things under control, or even reduce the lump.
ok, so booster's make it more sensitive and temporarily bigger, we are still talking about the lump, right. lol. time to open that bottle.:cheers:

celc5

celc5

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
ok, so booster's make it more sensitive and temporarily bigger, we are still talking about the lump, right. lol. time to open that bottle.:cheers:
Lmfao... always a comedian :laugh: