Shake question!

Machwon1

Awards
  • Established
So i work from 2-6 and before work i have a good lunch and right after a good dinner. I need something for right around 4pm. I was thinking a nice protein shake would fit in good. My question is what is the best one i can go and buy? I was thinking musclemilk, but then i heard it has a ton of fat and calories? What else is out there that i can put in the fridge at work?

Xuchilbara

Awards
Muscle milk shouldn't be a problem if your just using it as a stand alone meal replacement. The cost is too high IMHO, but it's an alright choice.

Something you could do as an alternitive is gets some instant oats, some in a ziplock baggie, put a scoop of whey in there too, and keep the ziplock bag in side a shakercup and when your ready for your shake just add a cold water bottle to it. Alot cheaper then buying RTDs and keeping it in the fridge.

Machwon1

Awards
  • Established
wow I really like this idea. It will be so much cheaper! and taste just as good. Thanks ALOT!

Wudog

Wudog

Awards
  • Established
So i work from 2-6 and before work i have a good lunch and right after a good dinner. I need something for right around 4pm. I was thinking a nice protein shake would fit in good. My question is what is the best one i can go and buy? I was thinking musclemilk, but then i heard it has a ton of fat and calories? What else is out there that i can put in the fridge at work?
Optimum Nutrition makes awesome protein shakes and are very cost effective. You can go with the gold standard and will be in good shape.

matthias7

matthias7

Awards
  • Established
Muscle milk shouldn't be a problem if your just using it as a stand alone meal replacement. The cost is too high IMHO, but it's an alright choice.

Something you could do as an alternitive is gets some instant oats, some in a ziplock baggie, put a scoop of whey in there too, and keep the ziplock bag in side a shakercup and when your ready for your shake just add a cold water bottle to it. Alot cheaper then buying RTDs and keeping it in the fridge.
Its a good post. I do this - you grind the oats in a blender and I use 50% oats to 50% protein.

USing the protein bottles with the mixer spiral is a good investment. That way you load alot of powder and can easily mix it. Nutra does one of these bottles.

I differ a bit. I have trouble stomaching my current protein powder (creamy vanilla flavour) with water so I use long life milk. This is a bit more risky because the shake is sitting around 8 hours before drinking - risk of bacterial growth. Never had trouble so far.

matthias7

matthias7

Awards
  • Established
Optimum Nutrition makes awesome protein shakes and are very cost effective. You can go with the gold standard and will be in good shape.
My nutritionist recommended this stuff. There's heaps of support for it on this board.

brownstown89

Awards
  • Established
look threw some lean cousine type things some have good amount of protien and carbs and cals. Or take a shake like Muscle Milk etc. with good amount of calories and protien for 2 hours into work. Id personally take a shake.

b18cyaaa

b18cyaaa

Awards
If you can afford it Isopure Whey isolate is king. 10gs BCAAs and 5 g glutamine. 2 scoops in water or milk and it mixes with a spoon.