WHEAT protein isolate

jarhead

jarhead

Awards
  • Established
Anybody ever try this stuff or have any info on it? I accidentally bought some because I thought it was whey. It is ultimate nutritions brand. I got 2 friggin tubs of the **** thinking I was getting a great deal. :damnit: I'm curious if it is a slow or fast digesting , I haven't found a definitive word on that. Any info would help.

joeflex73

joeflex73

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
It's going to be a slower digesting protein, similar to any other whole food (3 hours or so). It's not as bioavailable as other sources, but it's not a waste either.

jarhead

jarhead

Awards
  • Established
It's going to be a slower digesting protein, similar to any other whole food (3 hours or so). It's not as bioavailable as other sources, but it's not a waste either.
right on. thanks!

capnsavem

capnsavem

Awards
  • Established
wheat protein is a popular source for veg-heads and the like... i enjoy a nice whole wheat pasta, which has like 9-10 g of protein per serving, and with a good meat sauce is a tasty carb load meal :)

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
You may want to get some source of protein from legumes/nuts with the wheat to make it a complete protein. Or, if you're eating meat at any other point during the day I wouldn't worry about it.

A quick link, just for funsies.
http://www.bodyforlife2.com/incompletprotein.htm

jarhead

jarhead

Awards
  • Established
The taste is actually pleasant, and I think I'll be trying out some baking and stuff with it-like pancakes, etc. It also has been easy on the stomach as far as digestion goes.

joeflex73

joeflex73

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
The taste is actually pleasant, and I think I'll be trying out some baking and stuff with it-like pancakes, etc. It also has been easy on the stomach as far as digestion goes.
Could be very nice in that capacity. Is it unflavored?

jbryand101b

jbryand101b

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
wheat protein has one of the lowest pda scores. so im sure the "isolate" bumps it up more, but it will still be lower than whey isolate.

on another note, same thing happened to me, I bought two tubs like you from gnc for 19$ each.

the taste was ok. but mixability sucked. and you would have a gum like substance left over. you could actually roll the stuff into a ball, and it was like left over chewed gum. I returned the vanilla.

I found mixing the chocolate with pb or some oil helped with mixability and prevent the gum stuff from forming.