I'm allergic to whey I need a different protein alternative

eatmarkers

Awards
I'm allergic to whey I need a different protein alternative. I am thinking hemp seed protein or maybe egg white. I don't like how's there's a lot of sodium in egg white though. Also someone suggested LG Sciences Lipotropic. Could someone help direct me to the best alternative with a brand also? thanks Also I noticed hemp seed can be expensive like 17 bucks for less than a lb.

theBIGcactus

theBIGcactus

Awards
  • Established
get some soy protein, and some casein i guess

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
I'm not a fan of Hemp seed. Typically you're getting more fiber than protein.

Rice protein however, is an option. I've been told it's kinda chalky but doable.

http://www.nutraplanet.com/product/now-foods/rice-protein-2-lbs.html

Has a similar profile to whey (30g serving yielding 24g protein) The one by NOW is unflavored so you'd probably want to look at adding fruits or something like that to it.

http://www.nutraplanet.com/product/primordial-performance/vitaberry-300-grams.html

A suggestion would be Vitaberry from PP. Stuff tastes AMAZING and it's low calorie while being high in antioxidant potential.

allstar504448

allstar504448

Awards
yes gemma protein look for it
if you can get used to the taste its a great option
gemma>soy

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
LG's Lipotropic Protein

silverSurfer

silverSurfer

Awards
  • Established
Describe the symptoms of your allergy to whey protein. If you get a lot of gas and bloat you may be lactose intolerant, not allergic.

Also, if you're looking to replace whey with something else strictly for pre or post WO you may want to consider BCAA + extra L-Leucine. Get samples if you think you may be allergic.

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Describe the symptoms of your allergy to whey protein. If you get a lot of gas and bloat you may be lactose intolerant, not allergic.

Also, if you're looking to replace whey with something else strictly for pre or post WO you may want to consider BCAA + extra L-Leucine. Get samples if you think you may be allergic.
maybe try some digestive enzymes too?

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
True Protein's Gemma isolate is working well for me.

kingdong

kingdong

Awards
  • Established
Have you tried a whey whithout protein concentrate? I found that American Whey was more digestible in a milkshake than products with concentrate were in water.

Jessep76

Jessep76

Awards
  • Established
Healthy n fit egg protein - on 11% dv of sodium.
True protein Beef Protein Isolate - 10.99 a pound

I heard somewhere that Soy is estrogenic so I wouldn't use that. Research it though i could be wrong.

I have an allergy to whey also but i tuff it out with whey isolate. I don't know that Casein is the same as whey though.... now I have to look that up because I use Calcium caseinate.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Healthy n fit egg protein - on 11% dv of sodium.
True protein Beef Protein Isolate - 10.99 a pound

I heard somewhere that Soy is estrogenic so I wouldn't use that. Research it though i could be wrong.

I have an allergy to whey also but i tuff it out with whey isolate. I don't know that Casein is the same as whey though.... now I have to look that up because I use Calcium caseinate.
It's not the same, but they are derived from the same source. There are actually many, many people with a mild casein allergy.

Jessep76

Jessep76

Awards
  • Established
I'm specifically whey so maybe the casein doesn't affect my allergies.