Gaspari Size On

jmoney02

Awards
Anybody try this? I got a few sample packs but didn't want to waste my time using them if it wasn't something I was going to stick with. Thanks.

CrazyChemist

CrazyChemist

Awards
  • Established
Never heard of it - who makes them? If they're sample packs then give it a run and let us know how it goes. Not that much of a time waster, right?

Hugo Danner

Awards
Yes. I, along with my workout parnter took it - when we did our first stack ever - the Gaspari Haladrol/Novedex XT cycle. After consuming one tub of it per directions, my workout partner concluded it was worthless and that the only gains anyone would see (if they saw gains) would be due to the high levels of sodium causing you to retain water. And he is a very genetically gifted and successful life-time natural champion bodybuilder. He went back to a tried and true product that has always helped with recovery, stamina and muscle hardness - Cellmass. I, on the other hand, gave the product the benefit of the doubt even though I saw zero effetcs and decided to buy a second tub of it (one tub lasts half the Haladrol/Novedex cycle). Taking the stuff religiously throughout the 8 weeks, I too saw zero effects. Chalked it up (Haladrol/Novedex XT and Size-On) to a total waste of money.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

I am faster than 80% of all snakes
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
If you didn't see any gains, its not the supplement. You should see something regardless of whether you use something or not.

Hugo Danner

Awards
Obviously...

Or maybe the obvious isn't obvious to everyone. So here's what I posted on the Gaspari forum after week-7 of the Gaspari stack. Maybe this will help...

My workout partner and I are now finishing our seventh week on the Haladrol/Novedex/Size-On stack (the “Stack”). Before giving you our experience, here are some data points about us:

We are both life-time natural and have been working out together for about one and a half years. While I have lifted weights for over 10 years, I got very serious a year and a half ago, thanks in large part to my workout partner. He is a two-time Natural State champion and the overall winner of several events including a major east coast event (open to natural and non-natural competitors). I am 6’1”” tall and weigh 210. My partner is 5’7” and weighs 178. We are both in our very early thirties and have clean diets. We stopped taking all other supplements (Cellmass, BCAAs and ZMA) 5 months before starting the Stack to ensure an accurate baseline. We took no anti-inflammatories (like Advil, etc.) and kept as many things static as possible – to fully detect the affects of the Stack.

Our typical food intake is 6 or 7 real food meals per day. These meals are comprised of slow digesting carbs, protein and leafy greens – plus avocado and/or peanuts, pecans or walnuts for several meals throughout the day. Additionally, we take a fast digesting carb/protein isolate shake first thing in the morning and after workouts. Because we wanted to take the Stack exactly as recommended, we made sure that meals taken with Haladrol (7 a.m.; 2 p.m.; and 8 p.m. meals) included avocado and/or some nuts.

Week 1 – 2 (on Haldrol and Size-On). Neither of us experienced any results. Reps and weights remained perfectly static. I’ll qualify this by saying that the point of progressive weight training is to – over time – add a rep or 5 pounds to a given exercise. We experienced this typical and normal result. But to credit this to the Stack is to give the Stack undue credit, as these exact results are what we were experiencing from lifting weights with zero supplements.

Week 3 – 6 (on Haladrol, Novedex and Size-On). Neither of us experienced any results. Reps and weights remained perfectly static – with the same qualifier as above.

Week 7 (on Novedex and Size-On). Neither of us experienced any results. Reps and weights remained perfectly static – with the same qualifier as above.

Conclusion – not every product works for everyone. It could be that the Stack actually works, even if neither of us (with one of us being a very genetically gifted competitive bodybuilder) saw any results at all. Therefore, on a personal level, it was quite disappointing. It seems that any supplement – especially ones claiming to have extreme anabolic affects and to raise T-levels by up to 600% – would provide results that cannot be confused with normal ups/downs in a typical non-supplemented training regimen. Wish there were a true guarantee, as it is frustrating to put your faith in a name and product, spend well over $100 on it, take it exactly as recommended, and see zero results.

Better?

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Or maybe the obvious isn't obvious to everyone.
People can't read your mind and assume what you know, and more importantly when it comes to the Internet, what you DON'T know.

If you expect everyone to agree on what you deem obvious, you're probably going to get extremely frustrated. When it comes to the internet, you have more people taking supplements without proper diet than vice versa therefore what you deem obvious is not to most....sad as it may be.

kingdong

kingdong

Awards
  • Established
Well your supposed to mix in water and sip it througout your workout. I've always been told that creating starts to break down into creatinine very quickly when left in water.

Hugo Danner

Awards
Not frustrated at all. Just looked like you wanted to purposely argue a semantical point. Re: what people know/don't know on the internet - good point. I guess I just assume that if someone is asking about the experience people have had with a product, this means they are asking what benefits can be expected from the product OVER baseline (baseline meaning the person's typical gains/stamina/whatever).

By the way, I don't 100% agree that whther a product works is purely related to diet. As I said, I have a very clean diet, but what if I didn't - should we assume this is the reason for the total failure of a product? Maybe with some products. But if I hypothetically eat fast food 5X/day and lift weights like a fiend, I WILL experience positive changes to my physique and strength. So, if I add a product touted to do X (not so much a product like Size-On, but say one that supposedly increases T by 600%), it should show me some additonal benefits, shouldn't it? I mean if the products I added were real gear used by Mr. O contenders, I WOULD see huge benefits, regardless of the lack of a balanced diet, so why is a non-perfect diet cause to dismiss an OTC product's failure?

gibsonj4

gibsonj4

Awards
  • Established
Eh I tried it. It's just malodextrin, sodium, creatine mono, and amino acids. Nothing too special. Buy some Purple Wraath or Xtend or research CL's new Purple Intrain

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Not frustrated at all. Just looked like you wanted to purposely argue a semantical point. Re: what people know/don't know on the internet - good point. I guess I just assume that if someone is asking about the experience people have had with a product, this means they are asking what benefits can be expected from the product OVER baseline (baseline meaning the person's typical gains/stamina/whatever).

How did I want to argue semantics? I made a point that you should gain in either strength and or size regardless of what you use or don't use based on your claim it did nothing with zero explanation with reference to your diet, calories, training, etc.....

I've trained people that would gain 2lbs per week while increasing strength with nothing but food. Its not all muscle, "obviously" but its "gains". If you are not doing that naturally with nothing, there is a problem elsewhere. Does that mean the product is legit? No...it means there are more criteria that you are not looking at while making a claim that something is worthless and also recommending that another creatine product "works" while another doesn't. The ingredient profile shows nothing to suggest one will work withouth any doubt while the other does nothing. Its a bit far fetched.

By the way, I don't 100% agree that whther a product works is purely related to diet. As I said, I have a very clean diet, but what if I didn't - should we assume this is the reason for the total failure of a product? Maybe with some products. But if I hypothetically eat fast food 5X/day and lift weights like a fiend, I WILL experience positive changes to my physique and strength. So, if I add a product touted to do X (not so much a product like Size-On, but say one that supposedly increases T by 600%), it should show me some additonal benefits, shouldn't it? I mean if the products I added were real gear used by Mr. O contenders, I WOULD see huge benefits, regardless of the lack of a balanced diet, so why is a non-perfect diet cause to dismiss an OTC product's failure?
Its a matter of calories in vs calories out. If you have a clean diet yet taking in calories that are below your maintenance level, you will gain nothing. You have not mentioned one time how many calories per day you consume. Its not a matter of "clean" diet. Its a matter of consuming enough calories with the proper macronutrient levels to sustain growth. Clean vs. not clean will generally only effect fat gain/loss.

Comparing real gear to any supplement is comparing apples to steak.

WeaponX1984

WeaponX1984

Awards
  • Established
Anybody try this? I got a few sample packs but didn't want to waste my time using them if it wasn't something I was going to stick with. Thanks.
Give it a shot, you might like it. I however, didnt. I bought the sample pack with size-oon and super-pump because i wanted to give it a shot... I dont think i got through all 5, i thought it was pretty bad and really F'ed my stomach, some people really love it, others hate it... its all relative...

Chops89

Chops89

Awards
  • Established
Size On didn't agree with my stomach for whatever reason.

searl12

searl12

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Yes. I, along with my workout parnter took it - when we did our first stack ever - the Gaspari Haladrol/Novedex XT cycle. After consuming one tub of it per directions, my workout partner concluded it was worthless and that the only gains anyone would see (if they saw gains) would be due to the high levels of sodium causing you to retain water. And he is a very genetically gifted and successful life-time natural champion bodybuilder. He went back to a tried and true product that has always helped with recovery, stamina and muscle hardness - Cellmass. I, on the other hand, gave the product the benefit of the doubt even though I saw zero effetcs and decided to buy a second tub of it (one tub lasts half the Haladrol/Novedex cycle). Taking the stuff religiously throughout the 8 weeks, I too saw zero effects. Chalked it up (Haladrol/Novedex XT and Size-On) to a total waste of money.
your joking right? Size on is one of the best creatines in the game, if you got nothing from it your diet is crap...what did you expect to get from it?

Its not a tub of miracle powder, retool your trainging, diet and your mindset and try again dude, this stuff is good creatine.

searl12

searl12

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I liked SizeON. I've used it a few times. Now I use waxy/creatine/amino home made mix but SizeON tastes A LOT better. All in all I think it works.
IMO its top 3....but its nothing if you arent eating enough calories to force growth.

I mean even on a designer you gain very little if you arent eating big....I used to say things didnt work too................then I learned supplements are 2-5% nutrition is 80% plus and the rest is your training routine...

but its not like that hasnt been said on here 1 billion x soo....size on is a solid creatine formula.

searl12

searl12

Banned
Awards
  • Established
If you didn't see any gains, its not the supplement. You should see something regardless of whether you use something or not.
this right here should be stickied and drilled into every person who works out head!

searl12

searl12

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Obviously...

Or maybe the obvious isn't obvious to everyone. So here's what I posted on the Gaspari forum after week-7 of the Gaspari stack. Maybe this will help...

My workout partner and I are now finishing our seventh week on the Haladrol/Novedex/Size-On stack (the “Stack”). Before giving you our experience, here are some data points about us:

We are both life-time natural and have been working out together for about one and a half years. While I have lifted weights for over 10 years, I got very serious a year and a half ago, thanks in large part to my workout partner. He is a two-time Natural State champion and the overall winner of several events including a major east coast event (open to natural and non-natural competitors). I am 6’1”” tall and weigh 210. My partner is 5’7” and weighs 178. We are both in our very early thirties and have clean diets. We stopped taking all other supplements (Cellmass, BCAAs and ZMA) 5 months before starting the Stack to ensure an accurate baseline. We took no anti-inflammatories (like Advil, etc.) and kept as many things static as possible – to fully detect the affects of the Stack.

Our typical food intake is 6 or 7 real food meals per day. These meals are comprised of slow digesting carbs, protein and leafy greens – plus avocado and/or peanuts, pecans or walnuts for several meals throughout the day. Additionally, we take a fast digesting carb/protein isolate shake first thing in the morning and after workouts. Because we wanted to take the Stack exactly as recommended, we made sure that meals taken with Haladrol (7 a.m.; 2 p.m.; and 8 p.m. meals) included avocado and/or some nuts.

Week 1 – 2 (on Haldrol and Size-On). Neither of us experienced any results. Reps and weights remained perfectly static. I’ll qualify this by saying that the point of progressive weight training is to – over time – add a rep or 5 pounds to a given exercise. We experienced this typical and normal result. But to credit this to the Stack is to give the Stack undue credit, as these exact results are what we were experiencing from lifting weights with zero supplements.

Week 3 – 6 (on Haladrol, Novedex and Size-On). Neither of us experienced any results. Reps and weights remained perfectly static – with the same qualifier as above.

Week 7 (on Novedex and Size-On). Neither of us experienced any results. Reps and weights remained perfectly static – with the same qualifier as above.

Conclusion – not every product works for everyone. It could be that the Stack actually works, even if neither of us (with one of us being a very genetically gifted competitive bodybuilder) saw any results at all. Therefore, on a personal level, it was quite disappointing. It seems that any supplement – especially ones claiming to have extreme anabolic affects and to raise T-levels by up to 600% – would provide results that cannot be confused with normal ups/downs in a typical non-supplemented training regimen. Wish there were a true guarantee, as it is frustrating to put your faith in a name and product, spend well over $100 on it, take it exactly as recommended, and see zero results.

Better?
I do believe you....unless you are a shill....but I am literally shocked that you didnt see anything from just the size on....I mean screw the other 2, there not even necessary in my opinion...but how do you experience nothing from high grade creatine? you must have just been so used to the pumps and your strength must be upper tear because just the pumps alone on size on are ridiculious.

I dont know, were all different, but when i was younger I took it on a semi lackluster diet and I was getting pumps rival to prohormone pumps, that in itself means something is happening.

anyways...just my .02

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
IMO its top 3....but its nothing if you arent eating enough calories to force growth.

I mean even on a designer you gain very little if you arent eating big....I used to say things didnt work too................then I learned supplements are 2-5% nutrition is 80% plus and the rest is your training routine...

but its not like that hasnt been said on here 1 billion x soo....size on is a solid creatine formula.

Yea fo sho.

I think thats why most supps work so great for me. With the genetics I have my diet has to be spot on to not look like a totally doucher (although some may feel I do, but damnit I try not to!)

I'm really surprised when they dont

searl12

searl12

Banned
Awards
  • Established
ya I just ripped size on in another thread if anyone notices...but not for iits effectiveness...because its 94.99 in Canada!!

or creapure for 13.99? what do you think?.....lol.

purebred

to answer your question: try them out for yourself. Size-On is a supplement just like everything else on this board. It's not going to make up for lack of desire, strong-will, intensity and especially a proper diet.

in the end, it's just creatine and the most bang for your buck when it comes to creatine is monohydrate: tried. proven. effective.

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-articles/118911-interesting-article-creatine.html#post1840857

Hugo Danner

Awards
Searl12 / Cosmo - Not worth arguing.

Opinions were asked, and you got mine. And with mine, I provided a lot of detail - that my workout partner and I ate 6 - 7 meals per day (typical for us to make solid gains), that we are both seasoned, and that he is a life-time natural champion bodybuilder. Your conclusions that - because I didn't state calories you don't know if we were eating enough to see results, or that our diet is "crap" - is not supported. Are either of you a life-time natural, champion bodybuilder that has won both natural and open competitions? If so, then you must have some idea that the workout routines, diet and the calories must be right, as it would be extremely difficult to attain this level of success otherwise. And, if you're not a champion bodybuilder, and don't know the extreme measures it takes to do it naturally and attain the successes described, maybe you should give a second thought before throwing stones.

In any event, as I said in my green post, not every product works for everyone. Neither of us saw ANY specific results. I don't have any dog in this fight, so I was just offering up an opinion. Maybe Searl12 and Cosmo can attest to dramatic gains from Size-On, we cannot.

Searl12- love your avatar!

Hugo Danner

Awards
Searl12 - no definitely not a shill. My results simply varied from what Gaspari's marketing campaign would have you believe. I'm a guy that has been doing it naturally for well over ten years and has gotten good results from a very simple existence, eating natural foods, protein shakes, vitamins and minerals. As of about 2 years ago, my workout partner (new to me at that time), introduced me to the 21st century. I learned there are things worth spending my money on - like creatine, BCAAs, ZMA, milk thistle, pomegranate juice, etc. He takes Cellmass, so I tried it, even though I have always been skeptical of all such products - as I had tried some Weider stuff back in the day and saw weight gains and definition loss (with no associated endurance or strength gains).

Anyway, as I mentioned, the Gaspari stack was the first time I've ever used anything of its kind, or a creatine product other than Cellmass. I'm of the opinion that if I see positive results, I share the good news and if I see little/no results, I will share that too, so people are informed before spending their hard-earned cash. Apologies if my opinion isn't popular...

edwardyi

edwardyi

Awards
sizeon is freakin awesome. wish it was cheaper though =\

Hugo Danner

Awards
Hey,

All these posts about creatine got me curious, so I just used the hyperlink above (in purebred's post) to the Creatine article. I then went to Gaspari's site and pulled up the Size-On write up. Here is an excerpt:

"About SizeOn
SizeOn™ -The Ultimate Mass Monster, is the only serious nonhormonal product for packing on serious size while increasing endurance and performance. A product so powerful, users will see and feel increases in muscle belly size and fiber strength within 24-36 hours after the first dose! In the recent 30-day independent clinical trial, SizeOn™ absolutely destroyed "Creatine Ethyl Ester and Arginine Alpha-ketoglutarate (the leading sellers in 2 major sports nutrition categories) in lean muscle mass and strength increases. This new intra/post workout formula is the only cell volumizer containing "Creatine Gluconate – the fastest acting and longest lasting creatine ever..."

If I'm not mistaken (again, I'm no expert), Gaspari's marketing literature is doing one better than what the article in purebred's linked article states these companies do to tout their products - it is telling you the creatine in Size-On blows away another form of creatine - but that other form is already proven to be inferior to monohydrate. And the creatine in Size-On (gluconate) is also in the graveyard.

I then looked at BSN's webiste and pulled up Cellmass' ingredients -

"Sodium Creatine Phosphate Matrix, Creatine Ethyl Ester-Beta-Alanine Composite (CarnoSyn®), Creatinol-O-Phosphate-Malic Acid Interfusion, Creatine AABâ„¢ (Creatine-Alpha-Aminobutyric Acid Matrix)"

Seems like some of its ingredients are also in the graveyard. Anyone know of a good/solid product of pure creatine monohydrate?

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Are either of you a life-time natural, champion bodybuilder that has won both natural and open competitions? If so, then you must have some idea that the workout routines, diet and the calories must be right, as it would be extremely difficult to attain this level of success otherwise. And, if you're not a champion bodybuilder, and don't know the extreme measures it takes to do it naturally and attain the successes described, maybe you should give a second thought before throwing stones.
No, I just trained (every rep performed and every calorie they consumed) several competitive BB'ers for several years.

But since Cellmass worked for you, you might be entitled to a refund.

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplements/131938-bsn-class-action.html

Expressing doubt in your opinion and the way you came to your conclusion is not throwing stones, its just questioning the way you came to your conclusion especially when you are the person stating a product is worthless. I'm not saying you are right or wrong...I'm stating the way you came to that conclusion is flawed.

Hugo Danner

Awards
Cosmo - let's put this to bed, as it's getting ridiculous. I think it's clear that (A) I qualified my comments by relating them to our experience, regardless of whether it meets your standards of scientific accuracy, and (B) the creatine is Size-On is identified as a creatine that is inferior to monohydrate. Finally, any conclusion about these types of products, even a non-partisan study of 30,000 people - is only accurate to a medical degree of certainty - if that, which is not 100%.

And - thanks! The class-action suit is news to me. I love that I am entitled to money back for a product that I actually thought gave me some results (placebo effect?).

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
And - thanks! The class-action suit is news to me. I love that I am entitled to money back for a product that I actually thought gave me some results (placebo effect?).
....which was even more of reason to question how you made progress from one and not the other.

You might think its semantics, but its narrowing down what works after you already spent the money. If you know more now than when you originally made your statements, isn't that better? Its not ridiculous to narrow down criteria that effect your results which then in turn makes its less perception, and more fact.

searl12

searl12

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Searl12 - no definitely not a shill. My results simply varied from what Gaspari's marketing campaign would have you believe. I'm a guy that has been doing it naturally for well over ten years and has gotten good results from a very simple existence, eating natural foods, protein shakes, vitamins and minerals. As of about 2 years ago, my workout partner (new to me at that time), introduced me to the 21st century. I learned there are things worth spending my money on - like creatine, BCAAs, ZMA, milk thistle, pomegranate juice, etc. He takes Cellmass, so I tried it, even though I have always been skeptical of all such products - as I had tried some Weider stuff back in the day and saw weight gains and definition loss (with no associated endurance or strength gains).

Anyway, as I mentioned, the Gaspari stack was the first time I've ever used anything of its kind, or a creatine product other than Cellmass. I'm of the opinion that if I see positive results, I share the good news and if I see little/no results, I will share that too, so people are informed before spending their hard-earned cash. Apologies if my opinion isn't popular...
this just proves bro that were all different and respond differently to it....and to the guy saying he wishes it was cheaper...its 94.99 in Canada at GNC....89.99 at popeyes, you guys have no idea how good you have if down there for supps!

Hugo Danner

Awards
Whoa, I wouldn't go so far as to say that simply because there's a class-action suit against BSN that Cellmass doesn't work at all, or that any conclusion can be drawn from that about Size-On, which itself contains a graveyard form of creatine. The class-action suit stems from false advertising/product misrepresentation. I would venture that many other companies are probably liable of false advertising/product misrep, but because no suit has been filed, this goes unknown. And yes, you're right - I find a ton of value in this forum.

Anyway, still wondering if anyone can offer a recommendation for a good/solid pure monohydrate form of creatine? Thanks

searl12

searl12

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Whoa, I wouldn't go so far as to say that simply because there's a class-action suit against BSN that Cellmass doesn't work at all, or that any conclusion can be drawn from that about Size-On, which itself contains a graveyard form of creatine. The class-action suit stems from false advertising/product misrepresentation. I would venture that many other companies are probably liable of false advertising/product misrep, but because no suit has been filed, this goes unknown. And yes, you're right - I find a ton of value in this forum.

Anyway, still wondering if anyone can offer a recommendation for a good/solid pure monohydrate form of creatine? Thanks
you read that graveyard crap from another post...ive read the same one..

since when is creatine gluconate in the graveyard? or magnesium creatine chelate?

Just find one that works for you, it doesnt matter who says what, just pick one and figure out if its for you.

Magnesium creatine chelate....for me...destroys monohydrate, yet monohydrate works too...so no its not in the graveyard like that dumb older thread says.

purebred

everything is good until it goes bad. the integrity of a company will be highly scrutinized if they misrepresent themselves. misrepresenting yourself in the supplement industry and BEING CAUGHT is just like misrepresenting yourself in a social setting. generally speaking, folks will give you an honest chance and entitle you with enough trust to let you 'prove' yourself.

if you prove to be a liar (i.e. you get caught in a lie), chances are anything else you do will fall under heavy criticism and skepticism as the trust bond has been broken.

a supplement company gets caught in a lie like BSN, you better believe a vast majority of their clientele base will gravitate to another company who has withstood the test of time by being honest and producing effective products. if it ain't broken, there's no point in trying to fix it so yes, you're correct in saying there are plenty of companies out there who might be crooked but have simply not been caught yet. there's always going to be a rotten apple in the group but i think it's safe to assume that we don't have any reason to be overly paranoid or concerned about the integrity of the supplement industry as a whole. I'm confident that the majority of companies (especially the ones on AM) have earnest intentions and are zealous to operate as respectable businesses.

/endrant

if you're looking for a good creatine mono you may want to consider Prolab's Creatine Mono. I suggested it b/c it's one of the easier brands to find at your local retailer and it's Creapure quality creatine. there are others as well so just go with the company you feel most comfortable supporting.
you read that graveyard crap from another post...ive read the same one..

since when is creatine gluconate in the graveyard? or magnesium creatine chelate?

Just find one that works for you, it doesnt matter who says what, just pick one and figure out if its for you.

Magnesium creatine chelate....for me...destroys monohydrate, yet monohydrate works too...so no its not in the graveyard like that dumb older thread says.
none of the other forms of creatine are superior to monohydrate. at best, they are parallel to CM. the claims all these 'superior' forms of creatine are marketed with are ridiculous and all of them claim to be better than creatine monohydrate when the studies show they're not. you don't have to believe the literature, just understand that what you're doing is ignoring the facts and going with bro-logic by saying "i don't care what anyone says, it works great for me."

it would be wise to not underestimate the placebo effect and also, to understand we are all entitled to our own opinions. not our own facts.