Homemade Intra Workout?

itzgambino

Awards
So I know many people make up their own pre-wo blend but I was recently thinking about doing that for something to drink during my workouts because I already take jack3d pre-wo. Would just picking up some bulk bcaa's from np and throw it in water be enough to sip on during my workouts or is there something else I could throw in there (I want to stay away from any carbs like wm or dextrose and anything of the sort). This whole idea of buying bulk nutrients is kinda new and fascinating to me so I have just been thinking of ways to utilize it lol.

carpee

carpee

Awards
  • Established
for a little while i was using bulk bcaas...and single koolaid packets, with stevia instead of sugar

itzgambino

Awards
i was thinking the same, bcaa's with one of those crystal light or propel packet things since I carry a water jug with me anyway when I workout.

mDeezy

mDeezy

Awards
  • Established
what i usually do is fill up my water jug and put 3 scoops of jack3d in there with a packet of lemonade crystal light, and drink half of it pre-wo, then fill it back up with water and drink the rest intra. you could also just drink your normal pre-wo then just add 1 scoop of jack3d to your intra.

or if you don't wanna take jack3d intra, i'd at least add some BA and maybe ALCAR to your bcaa mix.

vika808

vika808

Awards
  • Established
i was thinking the same, bcaa's with one of those crystal light or propel packet things since I carry a water jug with me anyway when I workout.
i actually used to do it with the rasberry ice tea or the strawberry, i threw in some bulk BCAA, AAKG, and citrulien malate i thnk thats how u spell it.

and it was awesome perfect.

now i use blue raz XTEND with some AAKG and LEUCINE and done its pefect.

Liftingstud

Awards
  • Established
Intra workout are sooo over rated new fade. If you work on the afternoon or evening u have lots of nutrients from the food u have eaten all day. Maybe if u workout in the am I could see u adding in some bcaa to dip on.

Might go with water, BA, creatine or something like NOS level 1 during my workout and add some bcaa if I workout in the am when I have eaten tons yet.

This intra stuff is the supplement industry trying to make more $$$ off u. Who wants to carry 3 shakers around one for my prewo, one for my intra and then one for my postwo.

platinumike

Awards
I agree, in marketing if there is not a need for a certain product. You try to create the need for a product, and convey that to your market. First it was pre-workout, now the new fad is intra-workout. I know the science sounds good in some of theese products, but are there any placebo/controlled studies demonstrating the effectiveness of intra-workouts, I really dont think there are.

mDeezy

mDeezy

Awards
  • Established
i think some people, myself included, just like to have something more than water to sip on during a workout. a mix of bcaa/jack3d/alcar gives me a little kick to push out an extra rep if i take a sip right before a set. that's my own personal scientific study. to each his own and if OP wants to take an intra then he is saving money by making his own

carpee

carpee

Awards
  • Established
I agree, in marketing if there is not a need for a certain product. You try to create the need for a product, and convey that to your market. First it was pre-workout, now the new fad is intra-workout. I know the science sounds good in some of theese products, but are there any placebo/controlled studies demonstrating the effectiveness of intra-workouts, I really dont think there are.
I know that 4-6 scoops of xtend is not necessary, especially if you're using Whey/Protein pre and post workout. I mean Lobliner seems like an honest guy, but this just stuck out in my mind when i read your post. 2-3 scoops is what i'll use. I read a study of 14 grams of BCAA's is what is effective during a workout.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
i dont know how u guys put whey powder in a shaker and add water and shake it then drink it. thats so nasty lol do u guys add anything to blend it better while on the go??

UKStrength

i dont know how u guys put whey powder in a shaker and add water and shake it then drink it. thats so nasty lol do u guys add anything to blend it better while on the go??
Nope, just man up and drink it :)

I prefer BCAAs nowadays, mixed with Beta Alanine and some sort of CHO source (e.g. lucozade), good enough for intra-training and cardio afterwards. then just either a whole food meal or a fast-acting protein like MAP or Whey Isolate.

ecupirate

Awards
Making your own is the best way to go. I use bcaa and propel packets. Taking in calories in during a workout is a great also if your goals are size and strength. I have heard of strength and conditioning coaches giving their players peanut butter sandwhiches in the middle of the workout. May not be the ebst choice but it is a good amount of calories

monstermash

monstermash

Awards
  • Established
Making your own is the best way to go. I use bcaa and propel packets. Taking in calories in during a workout is a great also if your goals are size and strength. I have heard of strength and conditioning coaches giving their players peanut butter sandwhiches in the middle of the workout. May not be the ebst choice but it is a good amount of calories
Eating a PB sandwich would make me yack if I was training hard. :puke:

If you wanted cals I'd go with a scoop of isolate and WM in a half gallon.

for intra (homemade) I prefer IBCAA's , Beta-alanine, eaa's, and carnitine of choice (LCLT, PLCAR, ALCAR).

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
PhantomReaper Nutrition / Health 56
Supplements 7
Cheeky Monkey Supplements 2
hercules_22 Supplements 6
Anabolics 48