no good inexpenive proteins!

FitModel

FitModel

Awards
  • Established
Nector which was my favorite isolate usto be like 23$ now it's 29$ !!!

so I might just have to start buying Muscle Milk, since it's pretty inexpensive...

what's everyones take on MM, the high fat doesn't really bother me, but i'm more concerned with the quality of the protein...

GoHardOrGoHme

GoHardOrGoHme

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
********sells 2lbs for 25 bucks...im now addicted to nectar

MM is like candy IMO....It's a treat when i have it, but i shouldnt treat myself too often

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Price-wise, I like True Protein's Gemma isolate..aka pea protein..though I prefer the taste of MM.

steveironman

Banned
Awards
What do you mean by "good" . It sounds like you mean isolate ..based on your nectar preference. In all honesty you could use a whey concentrate and not notice 1 bit of difference in gains , recovery , etc. The bioavailibilty difference , when translated into real world results...is essentially meaningless IMO.
Then again maybe u mean taste ..since nectar is very good tasting..im not sure exactly what u mean.

keeper

I like the Body Fortress Super Advanced Whey Protein. 52g, 7 g's BCAA's, chrystaline taurine, glutamine, lean mass activators. $15 for 2 lbs. I've been using it since Feb. Any neg input on this product?

Mikey851

Awards
  • Established
I like the Body Fortress Super Advanced Whey Protein. 52g, 7 g's BCAA's, chrystaline taurine, glutamine, lean mass activators. $15 for 2 lbs. I've been using it since Feb. Any neg input on this product?
I've used it before too and I like it. They just don't make it very obvious that there is creatine in it; you have to read the fine print. I like that there is creatine in it, but I didn't know it at first and was taking more creatine than I wanted to to.

keeper

Ohhh, BIG thanks. I've been adding a gram of Kre-Alkaline to my shake. I suppose I need to amend that.

Mikey851

Awards
  • Established
Ohhh, BIG thanks. I've been adding a gram of Kre-Alkaline to my shake. I suppose I need to amend that.
No problem. I have looked into it and I believe it contains 5 grams of creatine monohydrate per scoop.

tnubs

tnubs

Awards
  • Established
mikey, by scoop do u mean literal scoop or per serving? i usually take 2 scoops a day, if thats 10g thats a lot of creatine.

since being broke i started getting this from walmart, it tastes good and has a pretty good formula, i like it.

Mikey851

Awards
  • Established
mikey, by scoop do u mean literal scoop or per serving? i usually take 2 scoops a day, if thats 10g thats a lot of creatine.

since being broke i started getting this from walmart, it tastes good and has a pretty good formula, i like it.
I have found different answers on this. People have contacted Body Fortress and at first they said they couldn't say as it was a proprietary blend, but after enough people asked they said there is 5-6 grams of creatine per serving but they would not give any further detail. So I have never been able to find if that's per scoop or per two scoops. I just eventually decided that even if it was 10 grams per 2 scoop serving that's not too bad as long as you drink enough water.

Search it in google and see if you can find any better info.

BUCKNUTS

BUCKNUTS

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
This is what I use as well it's $13 and change at Walmart near where I live it. It tastes good and they just came out with a couple new flavors not to long ago which is nice for variety,they used to make just choc and van.

keeper

This is what I use as well it's $13 and change at Walmart near where I live it. It tastes good and they just came out with a couple new flavors not to long ago which is nice for variety,they used to make just choc and van.
Right, the choc chip cookie flavor is good. But I love adding a banana, crushed ice, and a little Splenda to the vanilla, then blend it very smooth. (mmm... licking lips)

jsp0785

Awards
  • Established
Nector which was my favorite isolate usto be like 23$ now it's 29$ !!!

so I might just have to start buying Muscle Milk, since it's pretty inexpensive...

what's everyones take on MM, the high fat doesn't really bother me, but i'm more concerned with the quality of the protein...
how is muscle milk inexpensive. it's a meal replacement basically not a protein powder and there's only like 13 servings in a container

BUCKNUTS

BUCKNUTS

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Right, the choc chip cookie flavor is good. But I love adding a banana, crushed ice, and a little Splenda to the vanilla, then blend it very smooth. (mmm... licking lips)
2 scoops of vanilla, cup of calorie countdown or skim milk, handful of fresh blueberries, splash of blueberry sugar free Davinci syrup and a few ice cubes. :684: I can drink that all day.

keeper

2 scoops of vanilla, cup of calorie countdown or skim milk, handful of fresh blueberries, splash of blueberry sugar free Davinci syrup and a few ice cubes. :684: I can drink that all day.
Gonna try it, Buck. Sounds down right gourmet.

BUCKNUTS

BUCKNUTS

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Gonna try it, Buck. Sounds down right gourmet.
It is. If you like pumpkin (I love it) try this-4 ounces canned pumpkin
1 1/2 cups skim milk, 1 scoop of vanilla whey, 2 tablespoons of Splenda or sugar if you must, 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice, 1 teaspoon vanilla, handful of ice. Combine all ingredients in a blender and give it a whirl. Phenomenal! This makes 2 servings.

Last edited:

slackadjuster

Awards
I have been using EAS from my local club store.

$30 for 5lbs.

BabyHulk

BabyHulk

Awards
  • Established
I have been using EAS from my local club store.

$30 for 5lbs.
Been using that stuff since day 1. Kinda hard to beat. Especially when there is no shipping since I leave near a Sams Club. I try to pick up some anytime Im there.

slackadjuster

Awards
Been using that stuff since day 1. Kinda hard to beat. Especially when there is no shipping since I leave near a Sams Club. I try to pick up some anytime Im there.
I mix it up "Sludge" style. PB and blueberries. Tastes pretty good that way. I can't vouch for how it tastes otherwise....wouldn't know. Can't beat the price though.

learn

learn

Awards
  • Established
Price-wise, I like True Protein's Gemma isolate..aka pea protein..though I prefer the taste of MM.

Axis labs Clutch is a great protein I like the cookies and cream :D

Also like to say

I am a big fan of TrueProtein and if you buy bulk you can save

LRN483 5% off :D

Punisher63e

Awards
No worries... Kre-Alkaline and the Monohydrate that is in the protein shake are two diff things. Monohydrate isn't absorbed nearly as well as Kre-Alkaline *Or so they say*

Personally, I was taking Kre-Alkaline for a while and really saw no benefits from it. I even started taking huge doses of it.. like 7G at once and saw/felt no difference lol.

I should mention ON Whey (Optimum Nutrition). It's good stuff at a good price. Google it. You get around 70 servings for about 40 dollars depending where you buy it. 25G per serving (1 scoop... no huge amounts of drinking to do) and lots of other stuff, plus very low in sugar and no creatine.

lennoxchi

lennoxchi

Awards
  • Established
man, i don't know why nobody suggested scivations whey protein. tastes good, mixes well, and 10lbs for $60.00, hell you can't go wrong.

r6lift

r6lift

Awards
  • Established
Anybody had any experience with Dymatize high protein mega gainer?

dg806

dg806

Enologist/Brewmaster/Damn good guy
Awards
  • Established
All The Whey 5 lbs
Concentrate for $29.99
Isolate For 38.95
Choc Peanut Butter Cup, Cinnamon Bun or Cup cake batter is delish.
Fast shipping and low price..................From Nutraplanet!!!

power675

Awards
Try Optimum's Chocolate, I think it tastes pretty good. You can buy it in 10 lb bags for a bulk price.

Punisher63e

Awards
Try Optimum's Chocolate, I think it tastes pretty good. You can buy it in 10 lb bags for a bulk price.
That is what I'm trying to tell these people... and you get a LOT of servings out the Optimum Whey... Like I said, the 5Lb container you get 70 servings for around 40 dollars. BCAA's and barely any sugar and the taste isn't ****e. It's good stuff.

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
That is what I'm trying to tell these people... and you get a LOT of servings out the Optimum Whey... Like I said, the 5Lb container you get 70 servings for around 40 dollars. BCAA's and barely any sugar and the taste isn't ****e. It's good stuff.
$27 for the ATW WPC with the July 4th sale; and the Choc PB Cup and Cinnamon Bun are great.

H8duke

H8duke

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Keeper,

There are many different trains of thoughts on splenda.
Studies have shown it NOT to be good for you.FWIW.Google it,and formulate your own opinion.
I use Stevia extract.It can be found at Whole Foods if you have them in your neck of the woods,or I would venture to say any organic/health food store.

H8duke

H8duke

Banned
Awards
  • Established
man, i don't know why nobody suggested scivations whey protein. tastes good, mixes well, and 10lbs for $60.00, hell you can't go wrong.
I use this also.Great taste&blend! Fantastic amino profile.

Got it on sale 52.99 for 10lb.

Unfortunately they are out of stock at the moment.It stands to reason why!

PM me for the source if you like.

SwolenONE

SwolenONE

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
xf whey 10lb is cheap and of the utmost quality (and they always have great tasting protein in addition to being a 100% US sourced company)

grega60438

grega60438

Awards
Although there may be cheaper non-isolate whey, if you want the isolate whey, the cheapest I have been able to find is Muscle Gauge Nutrition (MGN)
2 lbs for $17.99
25 lbs for $124.99
If you know of isolate cheaper than that, please let me know.

Peace!
Greg
grega60438 (Not a rep)

NovaZ

Awards
Although there may be cheaper non-isolate whey, if you want the isolate whey, the cheapest I have been able to find is Muscle Gauge Nutrition (MGN)
2 lbs for $17.99
25 lbs for $124.99
If you know of isolate cheaper than that, please let me know.

Peace!
Greg
grega60438 (Not a rep)
Be sure to read ingredients on a lot of the lesser known supplement companies protein powders. When a supposed Isolate protein's ingredient profile is something like "Whey Protein Concentrate, Whey Protein Isolate, etc etc", you arent getting pure isolate, hell you arent even getting more isolate than concentrate.

At TrueProtein you can get Whey Protein Isolate Cold Filtration for $7.89 a pound before discounts. Thats already better than your two pound example up there, and its guaranteed 100% Whey Protein Isolate, and no concentrate.

DLJ115 at checkout for 5% off at True Protein.

MrBrightside

MrBrightside

Awards
  • Established
All The Whey 5 lbs
Concentrate for $29.99
Isolate For 38.95
Choc Peanut Butter Cup, Cinnamon Bun or Cup cake batter is delish.
Fast shipping and low price..................From Nutraplanet!!!

:goodpost:

Enough said.

borobulker

borobulker

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
All The Whey... Very cheap on NP right now with the Independence day sale going on...

dropshot001

Awards
go with tp's protein. the recession whey gives a great deal

bikeswimlive

bikeswimlive

Awards
  • Established
I have been using Gold Standard Whey Isolate for a few weeks now. The guy at the front desk of my local nutrition store pushed it. Anyone have any success with it? It was like 38 bucks for 4lbs. Tastes like watered down Nesquick. Nothing special, but definitely not bad at all.

grega60438

grega60438

Awards
Thanks NovaZ, I will check into it.

Peace!
Greg
grega60438 (Not a rep)

keeper

Keeper,

There are many different trains of thoughts on splenda.
Studies have shown it NOT to be good for you.FWIW.Google it,and formulate your own opinion.
I use Stevia extract.It can be found at Whole Foods if you have them in your neck of the woods,or I would venture to say any organic/health food store.
Thanks, I don't have it often at all. I use Truvia (a generic stevia) most often, but I've found it's not great in cold foods/drinks. And Buck, your pumpkin shake recipe is AWESOME. Such a treat. It's like a dessert.

BUCKNUTS

BUCKNUTS

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Thanks, I don't have it often at all. I use Truvia (a generic stevia) most often, but I've found it's not great in cold foods/drinks. And Buck, your pumpkin shake recipe is AWESOME. Such a treat. It's like a dessert.
Glad you liked it keeper, I could drink that everyday personally it's like pumpkin pie in a glass.