Alpha1 Agrenergic Receptor Agonists

JaredGalloway

Awards
  • Established
Is there any use for a Alpha1 receptor agonist in the bodybuilding world? and explain your answer...

Also could someone tell me all there is to know about the Alpha1 Receptor... Thanks

matthias7

matthias7

Awards
  • Established
Its a very specific question .. why?

alpha-2 receptor - Yohimbine

I presume AlphaBurn is what you are after.

Uses fat-burner (cutting). Okay so why wanna know?

alwaysgaining

alwaysgaining

Awards
  • Established
got google,
send dsade a pm he knows all

JaredGalloway

Awards
  • Established
Its a very specific question .. why?

alpha-2 receptor - Yohimbine

I presume AlphaBurn is what you are after.

Uses fat-burner (cutting). Okay so why wanna know?
I know its a very specific question... I also know all about yohimbine... and NO alphaburn is not what im after...

JaredGalloway

Awards
  • Established
got google,
send dsade a pm he knows all
Thanks... i was hoping he and maybe strategicmove would take a look at this thread... instead of me PM'ing everyone... but i guess the really smart guys on here dont waste there time looking at useless threads haha...:006:

matthias7

matthias7

Awards
  • Established
Okay ... educate us. From my knowledge you anagtonise the alpha receptors you get jump, more focussed and alert. What is the difference then between receptors 1,2 and 3?

Its hard enough to target a group of receptors to hit a specific receptor as opposed to 2 and 3 is a big ask.

So what answer did you receive?

The answer to the question is fat-burning, but what was the question?

JaredGalloway

Awards
  • Established
Okay ... educate us. From my knowledge you anagtonise the alpha receptors you get jump, more focussed and alert. What is the difference then between receptors 1,2 and 3?

Its hard enough to target a group of receptors to hit a specific receptor as opposed to 2 and 3 is a big ask.

So what answer did you receive?

The answer to the question is fat-burning, but what was the question?
From my limited knowledge on the subject there are only 2 alpha receptors but there are 3 beta receptors which may be the ones u are thinking of... i was wondering and asking specifically about the Alpha1 receptor... my thinking was that since yohimbine=alpha2 receptor agonist, ephedrine=nonselective beta2 agonist, albuterol and others similar including clen=selective beta2 agonists... so since all of these have a use in the bodybuilding world im assuming that the Alpha1 also has a use... which is why i started this thread to gain more information on this specific receptor since a common alpha1 agonist can be found in any OTC pharmacy (phenylephrine HCL) which is the new decongestant of choice by many pharmecuetical companies (since pseudoephedrine is used to make meth)

matthias7

matthias7

Awards
  • Established
Very interesting indeed. Thanks.

According to the wiki the specificity prevents activation of norephinephrine (noradrenalin). SO it ain't a fat burnerwhich I though it would be, but for vasodilation it looks good.

I'll give it a go to clear my sinuses and see what else happens besides. It is useful to know because if you've a specific receptor reaction (pretty rare) you can be confident there will be no none specific side-effects.

Foolish

Awards
Alpha 1 agonists have some research behind them for improving leptin transport through the BBB.

Foolish

Awards
So then phenylephrine = (indirectly) fast loss?
That is a possibility but, to the best of my knowledge, phenylephrine is a very dirty drug when delivered systemically. Additionally, the leptin transport may not even be an issue, I never experienced any sort of appetite suppression when using alpha1 agonists such as synephrine.

ktatro1

ktatro1

Awards
  • Established
That is a possibility but, to the best of my knowledge, phenylephrine is a very dirty drug when delivered systemically. Additionally, the leptin transport may not even be an issue, I never experienced any sort of appetite suppression when using alpha1 agonists such as synephrine.
Synephrine is weak at best. looking for appetite suppression with synephrine is like looking to get drunk off O'Douls. This is just my experience though. This is definitely not to say people haven't had success with it.

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Synephrine is weak at best. looking for appetite suppression with synephrine is like looking to get drunk off O'Douls. This is just my experience though. This is definitely not to say people haven't had success with it.
what if you dose synephrine higher?

Enigma76

Enigma76

Awards
  • Established
Selective alpha-1 agonism would cause an unwelcome increase in blood pressure. It is one of the main adrenergic regulatory pathways for BP (constricts smooth muscle, in particular in the vascular system...arterioles, venules, and coronary arteries). Norepinephrine, epinephrine, etc activates alpha1, which is why they result in vasoconstriction and increased BP.

I would suspect that there is no relevant use for a selective alpha1 agonist in bodybuilding/powerlifting/anything without a medical use.

Alpha 2 is activated by norE as a negative feedback loop...agonism of alpha2 receptors leads to downregulation of NorE release, as well as vasoconstriction. Hence selective blocking of alpha2 (a la alpha-yohimbine) will lead to less downregulation of norE release, among other things.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Math33 Anabolics 21
maybe0123 Anabolics 29
jason267 Anabolics 5
bennoes Anabolics 7