- 06-20-2009, 02:33 PM
What do you think of this idea. I buy L-Alanine and L-Carnosine. Not the Beta -alanine.....Take 1 teaspoon of alanine=4g and then take 1000-1500mg of the carnosine right before I workout. I can take the alanine(2g) during training. The alanine will keep the muscles from breaking down the BCAA's and I will be set for the carnosine as a Vasodilator. I then buy bulk L-Luicine and take 4g after training with my post work out shake.
- 06-20-2009, 07:59 PM
I am not quite clued up on the detail. So two questions...
Why does alanine stop branched chain aminos breaking down? Chemically they are related (hydrophobic). LCAR seems to make sense .. Coleus help??
Why not bulk the full BCAA (valine, leucine, iso-leucine... is that right?)
- 06-20-2009, 08:23 PM
Any one else?
06-21-2009, 05:46 PM
06-21-2009, 06:13 PM
l-carnosine, ive read is pretty useless in regards to buffering lactic acid.
l-alanine is a good amino acid, with no benefits, i think, that would make it a good choice to take it pre-workout.
Beta-alanine has a bunch of studies,claims, and opinions to show how it works. It stacks well with creatine as well, thats not in your protocol.
the BCAA's are a shure bet of course
as well as the leucine in your protein shake, to theoretically stimulate a greater degree of protein synthesis.
06-22-2009, 04:00 AM
06-24-2009, 03:04 AM
Any one else?
Similar Forum Threads
- By phantom in forum GenomyxReplies: 25Last Post: 11-10-2010, 01:57 PM
- By pete073 in forum Male Anti-Aging MedicineReplies: 8Last Post: 01-09-2010, 06:28 AM
- By bigironkiller in forum Male Anti-Aging MedicineReplies: 10Last Post: 12-18-2009, 04:01 PM
- By gettobird22 in forum SupplementsReplies: 4Last Post: 01-20-2009, 07:40 PM
- By MPFit in forum Post Cycle TherapyReplies: 0Last Post: 03-15-2006, 02:33 PM