Which Supplement?

WallybR

WallybR

Awards
Hey guys, im new the forum as you may notice and im just trying to get some advice on what supplement type would be best for me. Im from Australia so i'll convert my units, but ever since i can remember I've weighed 134lbs.

Im 17 years-old
Weight: 61KG - 134lbs
Target Weight: 75KG - 165lbs

Height: 183cm - 6 foot (last time i checked)

I once followed a training course I found online and tried to consume a 3000 Calorie diet I found and im wanting to get back into things.

I trained for about 4 months and didn't put any weight on and then stopped. Im going to get back into training and am looking for a good quality supplement type that will help me put distributed weight on and eventually turn into muscle as im doing weights.

Thanks for all the tips and help in advance

jakellpet

jakellpet

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Hey guys, im new the forum as you may notice and im just trying to get some advice on what supplement type would be best for me. Im from Australia so i'll convert my units, but ever since i can remember I've weighed 134lbs.

Im 17 years-old
Weight: 61KG - 134lbs
Target Weight: 75KG - 165lbs

Height: 183cm - 6 foot (last time i checked)

I once followed a training course I found online and tried to consume a 3000 Calorie diet I found and im wanting to get back into things.

I trained for about 4 months and didn't put any weight on and then stopped. Im going to get back into training and am looking for a good quality supplement type that will help me put distributed weight on and eventually turn into muscle as im doing weights.

Thanks for all the tips and help in advance
Fukc with the conversions Dingonutz - let the backward bastards work it out themselves!

What's your diet and training like?

Welcome to AM. :wave2:

joeflex73

joeflex73

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Welcome!

At 17, the only supplements I'd suggest would be a good protein powder and creatine. Everything else can wait. And the biggest thing, EAT EAT EAT!! You'll never grow more naturally than you will now.

Gonzo14

Gonzo14

Awards
  • Established
while i hate it as much as the next guy does when someone just answers with eat more, its the truth.
At 17 you dont wanna mess with your test too much so i suggest a weight gainer+protien, creatine, and eating a ton. every 2 hours atleast, make sure your getting enough carbs, cals and protien.

joeflex73

joeflex73

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
while i hate it as much as the next guy does when someone just answers with eat more, its the truth.
At 17 you dont wanna mess with your test too much so i suggest a weight gainer+protien, creatine, and eating a ton. every 2 hours atleast, make sure your getting enough carbs, cals and protien.
While you hate it, how many times is it the truth though? Training and supplementing are really the easiest parts of getting big.

shortstop1616

Awards
If you were eating 3000 cals and weren't gaining weight than you need more. Calories you consume must exceed cals you expend. Your only 17 years old... dont worry about supplements.. eat nutrient dense whole meals... If you are really busy get a protein powder and thats it. At 17 I was 5'10 148lbs now im 5'11 and 200lbs. Just give it time and train hard. Muscle mass will come with time and hard work and if your looking to get back into it www.vastmuscle.com . Build a solid foundation and technique and then move to higher intensity and more experience lifts.

Good Luck

vpdman

vpdman

Awards
Supps

Ok everyone here seems to be on the same page when they advise you to EAT! It is highly under rated and needs to incorporated into your diet ASAP. One person told you to eat every two hours. That is VERY good but at the age of 17 Im assuming your still a student? If so then do what I used to do in High School, just pack 4 Turkey Whole Wheat Sandwiches for school. Eat them as the day goes by. I'll advice more about this later in the post. If you are 6' and you're at 135lb then you're one skinny ass mofo. You are def a hard gainer that will have to put forth a lot of effort.

Another guy said you don't need anything at you age 17 but Whey. I think this all depends on your normal diet. What kind of foods do you normally eat? How often do you eat meats in a day? If you're like most people that have meats everyday then just Whey Protein shakes may do the trick, but lets be real here... You're 6' at 135lbs! You are in some serious need for some calories! A Weight Gainer would be awesome for you. Let me reiterate that... AWSOME for you. You prob don't have that much time in your day to get those calories in right? If this is the problem then buy a decent weight gainer that includes about 600+ calories in a serving.

Here is a break down for you diet. IMHO I think 4 quick, highly packed turkey and cheese sandwiches during busy morning/early-afternoon hours would be a great way to get your necessary Carbs, Fats, and Protein in for a little more than Half the days worth of Cals.

If you decided to go with a weight gainer remember that breakfast is the most important meal of the day. Make sure to get your egg whites in and dont forget about that toast (remember to make it whole wheat!) Carbs are necessary to gain weight and complex carbs like whole wheat carbs are better yet. After your breakfast just make urself a shake from that weight gainer and you're good for breakfast.

vpdman

vpdman

Awards
If you want to go one step ahead of this after you get your diet down I would recommend using a Creatine product. In short Creatine allows your body to use more nutrition than you normally would be able to. So if you have a good diet with sufficient calorie intake then go with the Creatine if not keep working on that diet.

There are many different Creatines out there. The two I've tried are Mono and CEE. IMO Mono seems to give you more of a Boat feeling rather than CEE, which has an Ester attached that helps out. There are many products out there to try. I'm not going to try to sell you on anything so if you want a recommendation as far as a products is concerned then ask.

Creatine works well with water intake. Make sure to get your gallon of water down a day, if not more. Whether you take Creatine or not make sure to drink a gallon of water a day along with your multi-vitamins.

shortstop1616

Awards
If you want to go one step ahead of this after you get your diet down I would recommend using a Creatine product. In short Creatine allows your body to use more nutrition than you normally would be able to.
Thats not what creatine does at all. In short.

Lets educate:

Your body uses several energy system when you exercise. The first of which is called the ATP-PC system. ATP is the primary energy form in the body found in the higher energy bonds between the three phosphate groups. The PC represents Creatine phospate.

When exercising you release energy from the ATP bonds creating ADP. Because ADP is much less powerful of an energy source than ATP, the body would like to convert ADP back to ATP as quickly as possible. This is where creatine phosphate comes into play.

Creatine phosphate can be stored inside the muscle to quickly replenish ADP back to ATP. This conversion occurs in only one metabolic step, therefore keeping the rate of ATP production extremely high.

Creatine supplements enlarge the creatine store in the muscle to increase the ATP-PC system's capacity to convert ADP back to ATP.

Creatine supplements should be recommended for people who are involved in high intensity short duration exercises. A powerlifter or 100 meter sprinter. Creatine will have little to no effect for a person who is a long distance runner.

Don't worry about creatine. It has nothing to do with optimizing nutrition. Stick to whey protein or a weight gainer that is whey protein based if you are a student and have limited time for meals.

Persian1012

Persian1012

Awards
Hey man. I feel for you... one of my best bros is in your shoes. He is 6' and was only like 140 pounds. Im by no means an expert but my friend has been replacing his normal milk with goat milk and uping his intake of the goat milk. He drinks like a half gallon a day and It really seems to be working for him. He is up to around 165 pounds right now. Of coarse he has really upped his calorie intake as well. Again im no expert but by reading your height and weight its very easy to reinforce what everyone else is telling you... INCREASE YOUR CALORIES... I'm eating 2500 cals a day and im loosing weight lol. So make sure you keep track of your calorie intake to be sure you are eating well above 3000 cals a day. But i would definitely try out the goat milk and see how it works for you.

searl12

searl12

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Hey man. I feel for you... one of my best bros is in your shoes. He is 6' and was only like 140 pounds. Im by no means an expert but my friend has been replacing his normal milk with goat milk and uping his intake of the goat milk. He drinks like a half gallon a day and It really seems to be working for him. He is up to around 165 pounds right now. Of coarse he has really upped his calorie intake as well. Again im no expert but by reading your height and weight its very easy to reinforce what everyone else is telling you... INCREASE YOUR CALORIES... I'm eating 2500 cals a day and im loosing weight lol. So make sure you keep track of your calorie intake to be sure you are eating well above 3000 cals a day. But i would definitely try out the goat milk and see how it works for you.
no offense man, whats happening in Iran is fcked....but if Im not mistaken I heard almost 500,000 of them screaming death to America!./....like its americas fault Iran is fcked. Killing innocent protestors is wrong! period!

but Iranians...and most arabs HATE AMERICA, why should America evn raise oner finger to help Iran? would Iran help America?? hahahahahaha thats laughable, no there radical hardcore muslims would behead the INFIDEL! or some bull.

I say let Iran handle their own problems, they dont give a fck about the world...but now they want our help...no thanks

By the way im not even American, Im canadian and my prediction is north America is at war with Iran within the next 5-10 years!

Let our enemies rot! No mercy!

my 02, if you dont like it side with the extremist murderers

searl12

searl12

Banned
Awards
  • Established
actually, personally...I think you should take down that liberate Iran Poster, its kind of insulting considering Iran hates North America...and we live in North America.....sooooo

another idea, instead of advertising it, you could always move back there and make a stand for your OWN country, instead of asking the world to help you, cause buddy...noone is coming to help Iran.

Im sorry but i lost a friend in Afghanistan and IM NOT IN TO SUPPORTING ENEMIES OF MY WAY OF LIFE AND OF MY COUNTRY.

and one more thing..if the republicans won.....Iran would have been next on the chopping block...and the world would be better for it.

Realities a btch isnt it.

Persian1012

Persian1012

Awards
actually, personally...I think you should take down that liberate Iran Poster, its kind of insulting considering Iran hates North America...and we live in North America.....sooooo

another idea, instead of advertising it, you could always move back there and make a stand for your OWN country, instead of asking the world to help you, cause buddy...noone is coming to help Iran.

Im sorry but i lost a friend in Afghanistan and IM NOT IN TO SUPPORTING ENEMIES OF MY WAY OF LIFE AND OF MY COUNTRY.

and one more thing..if the republicans won.....Iran would have been next on the chopping block...and the world would be better for it.

Realities a btch isnt it.

First off im very sorry about your friends death. He was serving his country and he is a very brave and honorable person to do that. Secondly I did not mean to offend anyone with that. Especially someone like yourself which we are both on the same side. I am not from Iran. I was born here. My dad is from Iran though. So thats why when I see a population of people, whereof the majority are NOT islamic extremist, getting oppressed by the regime governing Iran it hurts me. I know when we see 500,000 people ranting death to America, it makes it easy for us to automatically assume that the iranian people hate us and our way of life, but that is just simply not true. There are 70 million people in Iran and 500,000 of them is only a small fraction. The majority of the people are against the leaders and the crazy radical bullshit they do. They are for the most part pro-western and would love to enjoy the simple freedoms that we do. Believe me when i say that the majority are not radical islamic ****ing crazies. I know because my father was eighteen and living in Iran when that crazy ass radical regime established itself in 1979. My father says that the people could not even speak out against the crazy **** they were doing supposedly in the name of Allah. If they tried they would either get killed, tortured or thrown in prison. My grand-father was killed because he tried to speak out against the regime; thats another reason why it makes me mad to see that ****. The majority of muslims are not radicals, please understand this. it is just the crazy ass president and that islamic regime and thier radical supporters that make it seem like every muslim wants to kill americans and christians. It simply not true though. They are taking the Qur'an completly out of context and using it to accomplish the radical goals. I myself am a Christian; jesus christ is my savior and lord. and im republican as well. But just because im a christian does not mean that I should not show my support, love and respect to muslim people... well im kind of getting off track with what im trying to say... Just know that by me saying "Liberate the iranian people and down with the regime" im not supporting radical muslims and there way of life. Im trying to just show support for those many Iranian people being held hostage by that radical regime ruling there coutry. Im showing support for those people that would love to live our way of life but cant because if they speak out they would get killed or punished. Im showing support for the majority of the Iranian people, not that crazy ass radical islamic **** up regime that is keeping its people hostage. So please undertsand what i mean by what i say. I love my way of life; i love America and the freedoms it so graciously gives me by the blessings of God. Im not trying to bash on america in any sort of way. Im just trying to be somewhat of a voice for those who are not allowed the privelage of having one without risking there lives.
But when you say:
"and one more thing..if the republicans won.....Iran would have been next on the chopping block...and the world would be better for it."
Dont you think that is kind of extreme on your part "the world would be better for it" The world would definitly be better without the regime that is in control of iran, but you cant throw out the baby with the bath water. There are still good people that live there that deserve the freedoms that we have. Lets not take it for granted by thinking we are the only ones that deserve natural rights. You know dont get me wrong... you probably just misunderstood what i meant when i put "Liberate the iranian people, Down with the regime" but there is really no excuse for you saying that the world would be a better place without Iran. You are starting to sound like the crazy ass president of iran when he says that the world would be a better place without isreal and america.

I know you love your country and your way of life, as do I. But are we that selfish to where we think that WE only deserve our natural rights?

searl12

searl12

Banned
Awards
  • Established
your right brother...im so upset...and now h8 , he same h8 destroying Iran is destroying me...

Im sorry and god bless.

Persian1012

Persian1012

Awards
your right brother...im so upset...and now h8 , he same h8 destroying Iran is destroying me...

Im sorry and god bless.
No worries my friend. It was just a misunderstanding. I changed it though because i do not want anyone else to misunderstand what im saying and think that i some sort of radical haha. God bless you too brother.... Hey do you read the bible, or are you a christian. The reason i ask is because when i read prophecy about the end times and see how everything is unfolding in the middle east; it really leads me to believe that we are in the end times; i mean with N. korea and possibly Iran gaining nuclear arms and all it ind of seems that way... and frankly im kind of scared. I was just wondering what your take on the whole end times was?