supplement availability in Miami?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fried Cheese

Fried Cheese

Awards
Hi Guys,
I apologize if this post is against forum rules, but I honestly can't find them listed to read.
Anyway, I will be in Miami near South Beach for 4 days and I would like to get some leucine, taurine, etc. to bring back to Costa Rica, as it is not available here. Could anyone recommend a store nearby?
Thanks.

rugger48

rugger48

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I was just in south beach. you want to go to the shopping area around lincoln and pennsylvania. There is a GNC in there somewhere. just walk up and down lincoln you will find it. The shopping area is about 5 blocks long. i know people hate GNC, but you will find what you need.

bigswole30

bigswole30

Awards
  • Established
There is a store on every corner. Yellow Page Nutrition Power Center.

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
NutraPlanet ships out of Georgia; if you call in tomorrow, you can make sure we get your order out tomorrow and it should be there by Wednesday. Beats physical store prices, and free shipping over $75.

Deadlift3

Deadlift3

Awards
I was just in south beach. you want to go to the shopping area around lincoln and pennsylvania. There is a GNC in there somewhere. just walk up and down lincoln you will find it. The shopping area is about 5 blocks long. i know people hate GNC, but you will find what you need.
Yep your right I beleive in between pensylvania and euclid

Deadlift3

Deadlift3

Awards
NutraPlanet ships out of Georgia; if you call in tomorrow, you can make sure we get your order out tomorrow and it should be there by Wednesday. Beats physical store prices, and free shipping over $75.
They never have stock on items I wanted to purchase. They need to tighten up.

Fried Cheese

Fried Cheese

Awards
Yeah, thanks Steveoph, I am going to order from Nutraplanet today and I arrive in Miami on July 7, so I am going to just do regular shipping. One question on Leucine. I plan on ordering 2 kilos. Does Leucine have a shelf life or break down easily with moisture? Just opening containers here tends to make them boil up due to the humidity in the rainy season. I plan on taking 100 grams a week, so this will be a 5 month supply.
Thanks

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Leucine should last ~2 years stored properly. Put one in the freezer to make it last even longer. 100g a week sounds a bit high, but depends how you're using it I guess.

Deadlift3

Deadlift3

Awards
Yeah, thanks Steveoph, I am going to order from Nutraplanet today and I arrive in Miami on July 7, so I am going to just do regular shipping. One question on Leucine. I plan on ordering 2 kilos. Does Leucine have a shelf life or break down easily with moisture? Just opening containers here tends to make them boil up due to the humidity in the rainy season. I plan on taking 100 grams a week, so this will be a 5 month supply.
Thanks
100 grams thats alot my friend. Why dont you buy some good protein shake with EAA and BCAA in it. When I went with my girlfriend and her family to Nicaragua I took some Champion Whey protein that I had and didnt drink cuz it made my stomach feel like ****. Her cousin loved it, he explained how hard it is to find supps out there.

Fried Cheese

Fried Cheese

Awards
I can get protein powder here, although a bit expensive. I am a vegetarian and usually get only 100-120 grams of protein per day. My last tub of leucine seemed to make a big difference in my progress and I was basically mixing 1 liter of milk, 15 grams of leucine and 1 scoop of whey and drinking in 2 doses in-between meals. I had planned on doing something similar, but adding another 10 grams in my post-workout shake. I am 46 and I remember reading something about leucine working better as you get older...
Should I approach this a different way?

Fried Cheese

Fried Cheese

Awards
Well, I am in Miami. After I made my nutraplanet order, one of my previous shipments made it through. So now I have 3 kilos of leucine, 1 kilo of taurine, 1 kilo of beta-alanine, and half a kilo of tyrosine and n-acetyl carnitine. Also a tub of Maniac. Now I just need to get it all back to Costa Rica in my suitcase..... I can just see some US customs guy freaking out over all the powder at the airport. Once I get to Costa Rica it shouldn't be a problem, as they don't even look at the xray machine as bags go through.

Anyway, it worked great to ship to the hotel, no problems, for anyone that needs to use this method in the future. Steveoph, thanks for the suggestion.

Status
Not open for further replies.