Anyone on here give up ALL STIMS 100% - AnabolicMinds.com

Anyone on here give up ALL STIMS 100%

1. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'11"  210 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Anyone on here give up ALL STIMS 100%

I am tryng it and mannnnn it aint easy!

I've been on these in some shape or form for 10+ years straight (some periods, this would only include morning coffee or pre-w/o coffee). In those 10+ years, there were maybe 10 total days (so once a year) I did not take something (like a morning coffee only).

Just plan to try to give up stims entirely due to the impact on the heart and resting pulse rate and BP as I'm ~40 now.

2. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'4"  234 lbs.

while ur doing this it would be a good idea to pick up some reset a.d by palo alto labs...
  3. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  175 lbs.

Also eat more carbs. Maybe throw in a little sugar (fruits) here and there w/ complex carbs (oats) for a quick pick-me-up followed by some long term energy from the complex carbs.

This is coming from someone who used to be a stim junkie and now only uses them rarely.
    "I am legally blind and if I can Squat,deadlift and over all get myself to the gym then anyone can get their a$$ in gear and get strong!!" - malleus25
    WHITE WHALE!
    •   

4. Banned
    Stats
    5'5"   lbs.

I never took stims but was a coffee drinker for about 20 years, I gave up coffee about 9 months ago. I think it took my body about 5 months to readjust to it. I just felt like I was in a fog during that time.
  5. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  201 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Whacked View Post

I've been on these in some shape or form for 10+ years straight (some periods, this would only include morning coffee or pre-w/o coffee). In those 10+ years, there were maybe 10 total days (so once a year) I did not take something (like a morning coffee only).

Just plan to try to give up stims entirely due to the impact on the heart and resting pulse rate and BP as I'm ~40 now.
    yeah, it sucks. when i joined service in 1995, i was at 4 pots of coffee per day (50ish cups). by 1997 i was at 7 pots a day (80ish cups). i carried that trend till 2005 when i detoxed for a month, and it was a nightmare. after that month, i got back up to around 5-6 pots per day, and detoxed in jan of this year so i could run a log that required no caffeine. bleh, detoxing sucks, but it was worth it.
  6. Banned
    Stats
    5'5"   lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by suncloud View Post
    yeah, it sucks. when i joined service in 1995, i was at 4 pots of coffee per day (50ish cups). by 1997 i was at 7 pots a day (80ish cups). i carried that trend till 2005 when i detoxed for a month, and it was a nightmare. after that month, i got back up to around 5-6 pots per day, and detoxed in jan of this year so i could run a log that required no caffeine. bleh, detoxing sucks, but it was worth it.
    Damn, 50 cups a day. I would have had a heart attack.
  7. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  201 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by bigmoe65 View Post
    Damn, 50 cups a day. I would have had a heart attack.
    the lamest thing : i'd get done with work at 11PM or so, go home, drink a pot of coffee, and go to bed just after midnight (this was from 2000-2005). bleh.
  8. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  163 lbs.

the lamest thing : i'd get done with work at 11PM or so, go home, drink a pot of coffee, and go to bed just after midnight (this was from 2000-2005). bleh.
    im not the only person who can drink coffee and go to sleep!

Then again caffeine as a stim doesn't work very well for me. Other ones do, or combos, but not it alone.

I do recommend Reset AD, I have half a bottle left, I take mini breaks fro stims and use it.
  9. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'0"  215 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Reset AD got me down from my stim frenzy as well. It was energy drinks for me. Now I use stims pre w/o 3 days a week only M-W-F. Oh yeah, I'm 50 so props for you to be thinking about this now Whacked!
    Always open light. Its not what you open with, its what you finish with. Louie Simmons
  10. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  217 lbs.

I had to stop taking Jack3d because it worked way too well on me. I switched to superpump and now am off everything. My post workouts have been much more pleasant without crashing.
  11. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'10"  185 lbs.

I couldn't even begin to imagine drinking that much coffee. If I drink one cup, I MEAN 8oz, it tears my stomach something awful. Needless to day, I find myself in the toilet for about 10 minutes afterward, so I just don't drink it.
    ---The internet is the father of the electronic lynch-mob---
  12. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  200 lbs.

I was drinking about 2-3 cups every morning for about a year. I eventually gave it up and started drinking green tea in the morning. If I use a stim in my pre workout, I never use more than one scoop
  13. UKStrength

Ive been off stims...oooohhh, 1 week!

To be honest I dont think I could go completely stim free I enjoy my stims pre-workout too much.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero V
    im not the only person who can drink coffee and go to sleep!
    Mate Im pretty much the same, i have to pack away a heck of a lot of caffeiene to keep me awake!

Hardcore stims is where its at..
  14. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'3"  215 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by hardknock View Post
    I couldn't even begin to imagine drinking that much coffee. If I drink one cup, I MEAN 8oz, it tears my stomach something awful. Needless to day, I find myself in the toilet for about 10 minutes afterward, so I just don't drink it.
    Its called tolerance and we're really good at this with caffeine.

For a non-caffeine drinker .. 30mgx80 ~ 2.5g per day, could be fatal.
  15. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.

I'm a beleiver in cycling caffiene. Generally I used caffiene when Im cutting , carbs are low and energy is needed. other than that when i cycle off of it I do a transition lowering the caffiene dose while when I feel my body stablizing from low dosed caffiene(like the way you work your way up only working the opposite way down) I go off it completely while using tyrosine. It slowly gets me ready for it instead of cold turkey and with drawals. depending on how high dosing is it may take 2-4 to get off it caffiene completely. you dose it lower but not to the point of too low fatigued feeling its gradual.

any-one else tried tapering off slowly while using tyrosine?
    Follow me on facebook, twitter and youtube, where I share information and videos to help you achieve your physique goals, John Smeton Ftness
  16. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'3"  215 lbs.

Hmmm... good question and good approach.

I take tyrosine (1g per day) but never found it to be have any instant effect. NADH, co-Q and perhaps co-A does (empty stomach).

Caffeine is a bad stimulant. I hate it and I particularly hate the inability to get away from the stuff using 'energy stacks'. There is a legal stimulant based on modafinil which is way less dangerous - ok it is slower and expensive but better IMO.
  17. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'11"  210 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Intelligent approach

Quote Originally Posted by smeton_yea View Post
    I'm a beleiver in cycling caffiene. Generally I used caffiene when Im cutting , carbs are low and energy is needed. other than that when i cycle off of it I do a transition lowering the caffiene dose while when I feel my body stablizing from low dosed caffiene(like the way you work your way up only working the opposite way down) I go off it completely while using tyrosine. It slowly gets me ready for it instead of cold turkey and with drawals. depending on how high dosing is it may take 2-4 to get off it caffiene completely. you dose it lower but not to the point of too low fatigued feeling its gradual.

any-one else tried tapering off slowly while using tyrosine?
  18. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  260 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Whacked View Post

you can enevr give up something that so suddenly for so long. Try tea variations and teavana has them for you to choose. I would go for black tea for a couple months
  19. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by bodyfort View Post
    you can enevr give up something that so suddenly for so long. Try tea variations and teavana has them for you to choose. I would go for black tea for a couple months
    I do caffeine for a couple months at a time, usually dieting phases and thats all. i dont use it for energy when my carbs are up because I dont need it.

is the stimulation there ? no

do I really need it for energy when carbs are up? No

I know it has side effects and you dont feel that caffiene buzz kicking in every morning . i have come off caffiene many many times and had no issues. maybe a headache the next couple days or weeks but nothing I couldnt handle. Tyrosine works for be when coming off caffiene
    Follow me on facebook, twitter and youtube, where I share information and videos to help you achieve your physique goals, John Smeton Ftness
  20. Banned
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.

Thats insane suncloud, Ive never heard of anything like that in my life., I got up to 3-4 xl tim hortons 3x3, and that to me and everyone else was unheard of.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 218
    Last Post: 11-20-2010, 08:55 PM
  2. Stims + NO?
    By saludable24 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-18-2007, 01:16 AM
  3. Do you use stims
    By ReaperX in forum Supplements
    Replies: 53
    Last Post: 10-15-2007, 10:53 AM
  4. Too many stims?