Need supp to combat overtraining.

1. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  168 lbs.
    Answers

Need supp to combat overtraining.

Basically i've realized MMA may be what's inhibiting my gains. Its 6 days a week with 3 days a week of lifting. I gain really slowly and plateau easily and I think it's just too much stress on my body. I know most supplements are a waste of money, currently I'm taking Whey, Casein, Fish Oil, Multi, Creatine, Nitric Oxide. I may ditch the creatine. So with that to build on, is there anything that will help me recover faster besides steroid/prohormones. I love MMA but I also don't like being skinny, and I'm sure there are others who have found themselves in a similar situation and I'm wondering what they did to help with the problem. BTW I was thinking Glutamine, but then I read from Vince Delmonte (spelling), that Glutamine wont help with anything except in really rare cases, not sure if he's legitimate, but he seems to be.

Also I could be completely wrong and no overtraining, but it seems like I am and could be, so input on that is welcome too.

2. Banned
    Answers

lol.. dish the Nitric Oxide, that is useless, not the creatine.

Add in BCAAs, Uni-Liver Tabs, get more sleep, and eat more.
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  168 lbs.
    Answers

Haha, a lot of people don't like the Nitric Oxide but get such a better lift with it, not sure if I'm willing to let it go! BCAA definitely cant believe I forgot about that, would you recommend getting the instantized BCAA's or is that a waste?
    •   

4. Banned
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by redline2101 View Post
    Haha, a lot of people don't like the Nitric Oxide but get such a better lift with it, not sure if I'm willing to let it go! BCAA definitely cant believe I forgot about that, would you recommend getting the instantized BCAA's or is that a waste?
    Naw.. get..

1 Kilo NP Bulk L-Leucine and 1 Kilo BCAA

1 Kilo Beta-Alanine

Uni-Liver Tabs, get two of the 500 tubs.

Divanex caps from NP or the bulk powder.
  5. Banned
    Answers

Like you bro i had to make the choice between mass monster or being able to roll for 3 hours at a time.

I used Xtend for the longest time with added Leucine (the typical 4;1;1 ratio) and saw vastly increased recovery times, added in BA but saw little difference.

Now im using a raw powder and ive upped it to a 6;1;1 mix and im getting on with it even better than Xtend.

The taste is another matter lol.
  6. keeper

I have a good friend who is a current (8 time) world powerlifting champ and personal trainer. After creating their workout routines, one of the first things he tells guys who are trying to gain is EAT. Eat every 3-4 hours whether you're hungry or not. Not just a Milky Way, but real food. Of course proteins are preferable. You could heat up a can of pinto beans or stack up a sandwich or fix a batch of mwave oatmeal, but even fast food burgers and fries work in his program. He works with a lot of high school football athletes who are adding weight to help their chances of scholarship notice. I've sure seen some good gains in guys your age following his advice.
  7. Banned
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by 0-hero View Post
    Like you bro i had to make the choice between mass monster or being able to roll for 3 hours at a time.

I used Xtend for the longest time with added Leucine (the typical 4;1;1 ratio) and saw vastly increased recovery times, added in BA but saw little difference.

Now im using a raw powder and ive upped it to a 6;1;1 mix and im getting on with it even better than Xtend.

The taste is another matter lol.
    Yes, I've noticed improvements with the extra L-Leucine as well, but it does mix like ****.
  8. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'0"  190 lbs.
    Answers

I highly recommend buying man clout, adding 3gr citrulline to each serving of clout, and adding cordygen vo2. Clout addresses recovery in several ways, citrulline aids recovery, and the cordygen will boost performance and recovery. It will be harder to overtrain on that stack, trust me.

Also eat more, sleep more, and take bcaa's.
  9. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  240 lbs.
    Answers

The ol' calories in vs calories out. Your obviously burning a ton of calories. I had someone approach me a few months ago and told me he didn't like being small from the MMA training. You gotta eat a lot to replace all the cals you are burning. I would post your diet first. That seems to be number 1 in your problem. Second is are you getting enough sleep?

As for supplements the last thing you wanna ditch is the creatine. Also make sure you keep your electrolytes in check. I'd reccomend accelerade by gatorade. 4:1 carbs to protein ratio along with those electrolytes your sweating out. I like NO products a lot. Enhance nutrients to the muscle= better recovering, more energy. I take either 6 grams of arginine a day or 6 grams of AAKG with 1.5-2grams of citrulline. I recover much better, more energy and just feel better. For me they are much more effective then BCAA's.
    ôLord, whom shall we go away to? You have sayings of everlasting life"- John 6:68

WHAT has science offered?
  10. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  171 lbs.
    Answers

Eat, Eat, Eat, Eat, Eat. Sleep, Eat.
  11. Banned
    Answers

From what I've read, BA and CM essentially do the same thing but BA does it at a much lower dosage so it costs you less.
  12. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'0"  190 lbs.
    Answers

Nope, not the same at all.
  13. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  196 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by redline2101 View Post
    Basically i've realized MMA may be what's inhibiting my gains. Its 6 days a week with 3 days a week of lifting. I gain really slowly and plateau easily and I think it's just too much stress on my body. I know most supplements are a waste of money, currently I'm taking Whey, Casein, Fish Oil, Multi, Creatine, Nitric Oxide. I may ditch the creatine. So with that to build on, is there anything that will help me recover faster besides steroid/prohormones. I love MMA but I also don't like being skinny, and I'm sure there are others who have found themselves in a similar situation and I'm wondering what they did to help with the problem. BTW I was thinking Glutamine, but then I read from Vince Delmonte (spelling), that Glutamine wont help with anything except in really rare cases, not sure if he's legitimate, but he seems to be.

Also I could be completely wrong and no overtraining, but it seems like I am and could be, so input on that is welcome too.
    My two cents brohiem..
    Most important
    Diet
    training
    Sleep

Foundation Stack
    Multi ( I use Animal Pak or Orange triad)
    Fish oil ( Universal Omega)
    Joint (USP labs Cissus or Flex from universal )

Recover Stack
    This list is up to debate ( it works for me)
    Bullet proof
    EAA stack
    Combat
    Dark Matter

Muscle Building

To many to name- I have tired all of them below ( I am still reviewing battle fuel)
    If anyone want to add to the list please due

Battle fuel
    Animal stack
    M-stack
    Prime
    Diet is always the key to unlocking the door of success

14. 1HP
    Answers

I'm sortoff in the same boat.

Working out 6 times a week doing mainly oly lifts and crossfit type workouts.

Xtend really works wonders on recovery.

Also Rhodiola Rosea really helped me out. Cheap and effective.
  15. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  196 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by islandmagic View Post
    My two cents brohiem..
    Most important
    Diet
    training
    Sleep

Foundation Stack
    Multi ( I use Animal Pak or Orange triad)
    Fish oil ( Universal Omega)
    Joint (USP labs Cissus or Flex from universal )

Recover Stack
    This list is up to debate ( it works for me)
    Bullet proof
    EAA stack
    Combat
    Dark Matter

Muscle Building

To many to name- I have tired all of them below ( I am still reviewing battle fuel)
    If anyone want to add to the list please due

Battle fuel
    Animal stack
    M-stack
    Prime
    I want to be clear I am taking 2 of these recovery porducts ( Currently Bullet proof and combat)
    Diet is always the key to unlocking the door of success

16. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'0"  190 lbs.
    Answers

You guys really need to look into man clout w/ citrulline instead of body octane. The beta alanine, creatine, and citrulline address atp and acid buffering in the muscle, as well as speeding the removal of waste product. The nac is a potent anti-oxidant and protects the muscles from damage. Orotic acid protects the muscle, speeds glycogen storage, and aids recovery and performance. Vinpocetine aids focus and mind muscle connection. Citrulline provides great pumps as well.

Cordygen vo2 will increase endurance a huge amount; the cordyceps and giogulan are potent ergogenic aids, as well as potent anti-oxidants. The rhodiola boosts atp and overall work capacity, and helps the body deal with stress.

Together these two will increase performance and recovery more than any other stack. I have used lots of both clout and vo2, and you cannot beat them. I do judo competitively, btw.
  17. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by poison View Post
    You guys really need to look into man clout w/ citrulline instead of body octane. The beta alanine, creatine, and citrulline address atp and acid buffering in the muscle, as well as speeding the removal of waste product. The nac is a potent anti-oxidant and protects the muscles from damage. Orotic acid protects the muscle, speeds glycogen storage, and aids recovery and performance. Vinpocetine aids focus and mind muscle connection. Citrulline provides great pumps as well.

Cordygen vo2 will increase endurance a huge amount; the cordyceps and giogulan are potent ergogenic aids, as well as potent anti-oxidants. The rhodiola boosts atp and overall work capacity, and helps the body deal with stress.

Together these two will increase performance and recovery more than any other stack. I have used lots of both clout and vo2, and you cannot beat them. I do judo competitively, btw.

I'm with this guy, once again. I have been using Clout/MST Cordygen products for as long as I can remember... I must be 8 bottles in of each. I personally have been stacking Body Octane with Clout, making not only a fantastic pre-workout drink (w/o stims I may add), but a delicious cocoction as well.

I must admit though, I did not purposely use these products for recovery, but rather directly for the performance of that individual workout. I of course don't deny that these supplements speed recovery, but perhaps I havn't gave enough consideration on using Clout post workout (is that what you are recommending?).

For the record, MAN recommends Clout twice daily, so one pre-workout and one post appears to be a solid plan. I have been only using a dose pre-workout, coupled with Body Octane. Have you seen your best results with Clout pre, or post workout?
  18. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'0"  190 lbs.
    Answers

I workout evenings, so I would take 1 dose in the morning, one pre-workout. The ingredients boost the efficiency of waste removal from the body, and protect it from free radical damage. This decreases recovery time drastically. I don't feel a dose post workout is necessary.
  19. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  201 lbs.
    Answers

start treating your MMA as a workout. protein pre workout, protein post workout, and sipping on BCAA's while doing your MMA. you can only go at most 90 minutes before going catabolic, and probably closer to 60 minutes if you're an ectomorph. any time your workouts last longer than that, you need to sip on BCAA's while you're training.

you can also post this in the MMA section of AM and see what some of the guys in your exact situation are doing
  20. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  270 lbs.
    Answers

BCAA's/AXcell

that is alot of time in the gym for sure. i compete on the national level in bbuilding, and spend a great deal of time in the gym as well, especially as a comp. draws near. i added in AXcell, a BCAA powder, (prefer over pills/tabs) has a 4:1:1 ratio, mixes instantly, great taste. addition of the BCAA drink has def. helped in my recovery time between workouts. additionaly i use glutamine in all my shakes. it's cheap and 1,000 gram cont. will last forever. i too would keep the creatine in my supplement arsenal, i would keep the no2 in as well. but as far as recovery, decreased fatigue, increased stamina, the addition of BCAA's should show dramatic improvement.
  21. Banned
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by poison View Post
    Nope, not the same at all.
    Yeah, as far as the stamina/endurance effects, it is, not the MOA
  22. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'0"  190 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by suncloud View Post
    start treating your MMA as a workout. protein pre workout, protein post workout, and sipping on BCAA's while doing your MMA. you can only go at most 90 minutes before going catabolic, and probably closer to 60 minutes if you're an ectomorph. any time your workouts last longer than that, you need to sip on BCAA's while you're training.

you can also post this in the MMA section of AM and see what some of the guys in your exact situation are doing
    I disagree with the bolded. Athletes of many disciplines train longer and maintain, or improve their condition. It's a matter of the type of workout, conditioning, eating habits, etc.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. how to combat the effects of my new job
    By allday54 in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-30-2011, 05:58 PM
  2. combat by MP
    By Jake Fires in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-23-2011, 07:26 PM
  3. how much 4ad to combat lethargy?
    By MakaveliThaDon in forum Anabolics