Need some help

superirish13

Awards
Used to lift alot in college, and fell off. I quit smoking 2 weeks ago and feel great. I am slowly working my way back to high weight low reps again. Im in the gym about 4 to 6 times a week? I come on these forums to find answers to alot of lifting, supplement, and nutrition questions. I have a hard time picking up on some of the acronyms and abbreviations though. Needless to say I want to educate myself on what my body is doing and what Im putting into it. There seems to be a good amount of knowledge on here, and I was looking for some solid books I could read to become more familiar with everything from exercise, to nutrition, to steriods, to supplements. any recommended reading would be appreciated.

lennoxchi

lennoxchi

Awards
  • Established
encyclopedia of bodybuilding by Arnold Schwarzenegger

babywifey

babywifey

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
If you are doing full body routines 5-6 days a week that is definitely overkill. 3-4 is sufficient. :thumbsup:

superirish13

Awards
lift every other day (not full body) along with cardio on days i dont lift. Will swimming affect my recovery time. any other good reading sources? thanks for the help

Chubbinmuffin

Chubbinmuffin

Awards
  • Established
I think swimming would actually increase your recovery time. More bloodflow to those sore, torn muscles. Welcome to the board though, you came to the right place if you want to learn.