Depression supplement?

ChrisDono

Awards
Any type of supplement to get you out of a depression, because I dont think I can get a hold of depression meds ( would take along time and alot of money )

tim1985

tim1985

Awards
  • Established
Any type of supplement to get you out of a depression, because I dont think I can get a hold of depression meds ( would take along time and alot of money )
If your depressed don't try and rely on supps to get you out of it, bro. Go to a free clinic or something if money is an issue. I believe some even offer counseling.

xosob

xosob

Awards
If I remember correctly I think low levels of serotonin cause depression. So maybe something to supplement with serotonin.

nparisi

nparisi

Awards
  • Established
you could try 5htp or samE (S-Adenosyl-L-Methionine)
I tried 5htp with no luck and have some samE but have not tried it...wellbutrin isn't helping me tho, i want to get off it soon. good luck

Flaw

Flaw

Awards
  • Established
I've used 5-htp at times to snap me out of it and it has worked for me at 100mg 3x a day. You can also try tryptophan, tyrosine, aceytl l carnitine. Whatever you use though will only be temporary... getting rid of the negative influences in your life that are bringing you down will help the most.

searl12

searl12

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Just to let u know SSRI s are soemwhat liver toxic.... do not consume methyls and PH on this stuff, caffeine is no good with them either, trust me.

nparis, I saw in a thread you were gonna do epistane, I would talk to the doc and do some research because it could totally mess your liver up

nparisi

nparisi

Awards
  • Established
Just to let u know SSRI s are soemwhat liver toxic.... do not consume methyls and PH on this stuff, caffeine is no good with them either, trust me.

nparis, I saw in a thread you were gonna do epistane, I would talk to the doc and do some research because it could totally mess your liver up
wellbutrin is not an ssri...i don't consume any caffeine(no soda ever or coffee) and have the occasional (once a week) pre workout stim but not on cycle...thank you for your concern brother...i am planning on getting off the wellbutrin(and all anti d's) i have a doc apptmnt next week the cycle im planning will be in early july i plan to be off wellbutrin for about a month by then.
suprised you remembered i was gonna run epi! good lookin out man

FOOFAC

FOOFAC

Awards
  • Established
Inositol might be your ticket bro. Many doctors are recommending it to their patients to avoid the adverse side effects of anti-depressants. Inositol hexaphosphate (IP6) would be preferred simply for convenience because it is more concentrated so it requires less dosing. Google inositol and you will see...

matthias7

matthias7

Awards
  • Established
Never tried it but look up St John's wort. If that stuff doesn't work after the rest of the stuff mentioned here go get help.

Good luck.

searl12

searl12

Banned
Awards
  • Established
wellbutrin is not an ssri...i don't consume any caffeine(no soda ever or coffee) and have the occasional (once a week) pre workout stim but not on cycle...thank you for your concern brother...i am planning on getting off the wellbutrin(and all anti d's) i have a doc apptmnt next week the cycle im planning will be in early july i plan to be off wellbutrin for about a month by then.
suprised you remembered i was gonna run epi! good lookin out man
no worries man, Ive been there so I was just reminding you, I od recommend getting off that crap too ( not that Im a Doc, check him 1st ) but I was on paxil for years and it made me feel nothing, no sadness, no happiness just level all the time, So I go toff and Im doink ok now,

Also 5htp does work, it needs a month or more to kick in, I use it and its obviously bot an anti D but its a solid substitute.

cheers.

ChrisDono

Awards
Just need to get something to get me out of the mood I am from breaking up with my girlfriend. Every morning I'm restless and will lay in bed untill I can't sleep anymore.

On top of a break up, I'm dealing with court becasue a cop thought I was racing and fleeing to elude and I wasn't so it's been killing me in side. I'm a good person, never did anything bad or got in trouble in the past. so that also is eating me up inside.

tim1985

tim1985

Awards
  • Established
Just need to get something to get me out of the mood I am from breaking up with my girlfriend. Every morning I'm restless and will lay in bed untill I can't sleep anymore.

On top of a break up, I'm dealing with court becasue a cop thought I was racing and fleeing to elude and I wasn't so it's been killing me in side. I'm a good person, never did anything bad or got in trouble in the past. so that also is eating me up inside.
I understand where your coming from. I think you would do better getting some counseling rather than worrying about supplements.

D3vildog

D3vildog

Awards
  • Established
Endorphins should take care of it. Helps control my bipolar mood swings.

searl12

searl12

Banned
Awards
  • Established
i know man truuusttt me Ive been there, I feel like garbage right now, just lost my job ( of course) short on rent cause of it, but im going to the gym right now and I am basaically dragging my sorry a s s there, you can do it brother, if I can trust me anyone can.

Give it a shot right now if u can, try a preworkout supp or go get a coffee, whatever just do it and you will be better fo it afterwards.

Good luck bro Ive been as low as you can get with depression, yet some people still think its not real, well I have been terribly depressed even when my sht was together,and life was going good. its a tough go bro but I dont know you and I still have faith you can beat it.

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
phenibut will help. It but its kinda a stool to stand on, you still have to pull yourself out. It takes away anxiety and stress, and gives you a clear standing to pull out.

Relying on anti-depressants = possibly screwed up for life. I dont like the idea of SSRI's or most other anti depressants. It can be corrected naturally, it just takes will power.

alwaysgaining

alwaysgaining

Awards
  • Established
R4W man hands down the whole time during my pct i was never depressed, makes u feel good and boost test at the same time.

matthias7

matthias7

Awards
  • Established
Endorphins should take care of it. Helps control my bipolar mood swings.
Okay sorry to hear about this. Errh... this guy isn't bipolar he just needs a bit of boost and is feeling low. "Mood enhancers" stuff is first port of call. IMO in the short term a heap of caffeine would get you to the gym - not long term though.

subweevil

subweevil

Awards
  • Established
Relying on anti-depressants = possibly screwed up for life. I dont like the idea of SSRI's or most other anti depressants. It can be corrected naturally, it just takes will power.
I agree with this. When I wake up and look in the mirror every morning, I realize that I am the only person responsible for making me happy, it's my choice. As someone who was diagnosed with a problem producing enough seratonin, I understand how rough it can be. Working out helps a lot, and so will some of the other supps people are recommending. I do go through some ups and downs, but we all do. I jsut always try to be in control and exercise my willpower.

D3vildog

D3vildog

Awards
  • Established
Okay sorry to hear about this. Errh... this guy isn't bipolar he just needs a bit of boost and is feeling low. "Mood enhancers" stuff is first port of call. IMO in the short term a heap of caffeine would get you to the gym - not long term though.
Sorry to hear about what? Being there is nothing wrong with being Bipolar, as long as you know how to keep ur swings in check. Its not easy by any means but i have no issues with it.

Intellectual

Awards
Just an fyi, celexa which is a ssri killed my libido and after 1 1/2 years of discontinuation its still not back.

Also I have found powerfull helps my mood somewhat.