Does Creatine and glutamine compete for the same receptor?
- 05-25-2009, 06:05 PM
- 05-25-2009, 06:11 PM
1) Wrong. 2) Neither have anything to do with 'receptors'. You're fine taking both, in any manner.
Glutamine does interfere with Arginine supplements, but again, no receptors involved.
- 05-25-2009, 06:12 PM
Thats a good question. I have such a hard time with creatine I'd like to know if glutamine would do the job.
I really can't see it. glutamine is an amino acid. Creatine is a salt. I'd like to know more too.
The other thing is even if receptor binding competition took place ..so what? It wouldn't be harmful it would just make taking excess a bit useless. I really can't see it know.
05-25-2009, 06:17 PM
No receptor binding .... hmmm... thats a big claim. Okay lets rephrase the question... active site binding. Agreed cell receptor binding no... it'll need a transporter to take it into the cell. Active site binding there is no reason why an amino acid is not involved in that and seen as many are used as the starting products of hormones and more than simply churning protein chains then why not?
05-25-2009, 07:14 PM
05-25-2009, 07:43 PM
Tyrosine -> L-DOPA -> dopamine
05-26-2009, 10:43 AM
05-26-2009, 10:51 AM
05-26-2009, 12:40 PM
06-01-2009, 10:57 PM
i thought glutamine helps with da release of arginine
"In the small intestine, glutamine is converted into citruline, which in turn triggers the synthesis of arginine, an amino acid shown to release growth hormone in some studies. Moreover, glutamine is converted into glutamate, which can directly enhance growth hormone secretion."
06-02-2009, 05:49 AM
Ive also read where beta alanine and taurine should not be taken at the same time.
Similar Forum Threads
- By shotdead42 in forum SupplementsReplies: 3Last Post: 04-12-2009, 04:48 PM
- By tong2thong in forum SupplementsReplies: 5Last Post: 03-08-2009, 05:54 PM
- By fireoverture in forum SupplementsReplies: 2Last Post: 03-16-2007, 12:54 PM
- By Sooty in forum SupplementsReplies: 17Last Post: 04-05-2006, 06:59 PM
- By MrSkullCrusher in forum Powerlifting/StrongmanReplies: 12Last Post: 12-07-2005, 08:13 PM