black maca

  1. New Member
    chlorella's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    90
    Rep Power
    133
    Level
    8
    Lv. Percent
    90.07%

    black maca


    Who's tried the balck maca ROOT? OF THE yellow and black to choose from, do you think it would MATTER? Wich one is better? I think the yellow tastes and smells better for sure. Has any one noticed a difference between the two?

  2. New Member
    Dath's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  0 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Age
    46
    Posts
    225
    Rep Power
    183
    Level
    12
    Lv. Percent
    72.36%

    I've seen the black maca extract at my local health food store. It's by a company called MacaPro and it's very expensive. Their black maca has an extract strength of 18:1 and the yellow extract has a strength of 10:1. So if this is the brand you're using then I would go with the black since it's stronger.
  3. Senior Member
    matthias7's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    1,627
    Rep Power
    880
    Level
    30
    Lv. Percent
    1%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Maca root reknown as an 'adrenal herb' in the nutrition industry. Its root vegetable of the Andes.

    Considered an aphrodisiac without hormonal impact (not a testo-booster).

    It is probably a bit tame for a forum like this. Yohimbe / Yohimbine (sp. I forget the spelling) is the sort of primodeal stuff thats popular on a builders forum, viz. I can't see it being worth the money.
    •   
       

  4. New Member
    chlorella's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    90
    Rep Power
    133
    Level
    8
    Lv. Percent
    90.07%

    The source I'm talking about is in the start of the thread and I think it's pretty cheap. I've noticed some differences and I'm wondering if others are noticing the same things too.
  5. 1HP
    Senior Member
    1HP's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Age
    41
    Posts
    1,049
    Rep Power
    627
    Level
    25
    Lv. Percent
    14.72%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    What differences did you note? I have ordered the maca monster from the source you're referring too but it's not arrived yet.
  6. New Member
    chlorella's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    90
    Rep Power
    133
    Level
    8
    Lv. Percent
    90.07%

    1HP-so how's the maca monster?
    For me it didn't taste the best, but it was very potent. It's probably the best for what ever maca does to the reproductive system I could really feel it working somewhere around the prostrate. It felt like stimulation of some sort. If I remember right, 1-2 tsp/day seemed right.

    Now since nobody replied about the Black Maca... I think it might be the most androgenic. I notice that my body odor in the pits get REAL STRONG if I take over a tbs/day. It reminds me of a teenage boy who hasn't started using deoderant yet. So I think it might be changing my body chemistry.
    It could be all in my head, but it seems like women seem "extra interested" when I'm taking maca-expecially the black.

    I've got an order of the yellow and maca monster comming so I can give those a try again.
  7. Are you Diesel?
    Chuck Diesel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    3,787
    Rep Power
    2008
    Level
    42
    Lv. Percent
    44.61%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by chlorella View Post
    1HP-so how's the maca monster?
    For me it didn't taste the best, but it was very potent. It's probably the best for what ever maca does to the reproductive system I could really feel it working somewhere around the prostrate. It felt like stimulation of some sort. If I remember right, 1-2 tsp/day seemed right.

    Now since nobody replied about the Black Maca... I think it might be the most androgenic. I notice that my body odor in the pits get REAL STRONG if I take over a tbs/day. It reminds me of a teenage boy who hasn't started using deoderant yet. So I think it might be changing my body chemistry.
    It could be all in my head, but it seems like women seem "extra interested" when I'm taking maca-expecially the black.

    I've got an order of the yellow and maca monster comming so I can give those a try again.
    Most maca is a mix of gold, black and red roots in that order just because they grow more in that order. Black and yellow or gold roots have different effects but they all are the same in terms of libido, semen except red, not as strong and black and gold. Maca also is more based on the extract ratio and the supplier out of Peru not so much as the color or the root. My philosophy is if you find a good maca that works for you at about 3tsp/day or less stay with it.
  8. New Member
    chlorella's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    90
    Rep Power
    133
    Level
    8
    Lv. Percent
    90.07%

    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Diesel View Post
    Most maca is a mix of gold, black and red roots in that order just because they grow more in that order. Black and yellow or gold roots have different effects but they all are the same in terms of libido, semen except red, not as strong and black and gold. Maca also is more based on the extract ratio and the supplier out of Peru not so much as the color or the root. My philosophy is if you find a good maca that works for you at about 3tsp/day or less stay with it.
    Can you explain the differences between the yellow, black and red?
    I can't find this info anywhere, I'm just going by what I'm noticing.

    With my source, I think the "yellow" is a mix of the 3. The black is just black.
    Chuck have you tried the maca monster? That's some good stuff

    BTW looking forward to trying DTCH in the future.
  9. Elite Member
    bioman's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Age
    42
    Posts
    7,701
    Rep Power
    513134
    Level
    59
    Lv. Percent
    85.61%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Interesting, never heard of the different "colors". Mine appears to be yellow bulk form but works pretty well at 1-2tsp per day. I get a little too amped on it sometimes so I rarely use it for more than a few days. Keep meaning to run it for a month or so.
  10. 1HP
    Senior Member
    1HP's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Age
    41
    Posts
    1,049
    Rep Power
    627
    Level
    25
    Lv. Percent
    14.72%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    The maca monster is white/slightly yellow. It's quite a bit stronger then other maca's I've tried but then again, since I buy it by the kilo I've also been taking more of it. Its effects are very strong @ ~15 grams a day which is about the highest I went, it has more benefits then pure libido, you simply feel awesome and very relaxed/cheerfull. I absolutely hate the taste, also very hard to mask mixing it in your shakes. I cap it these days, but you have to take a lot of caps
  11. Elite Member
    bioman's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Age
    42
    Posts
    7,701
    Rep Power
    513134
    Level
    59
    Lv. Percent
    85.61%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Yeah, the taste...or aftertaste I should say..is kinda rough.
  12. NutraPlanet Fanatic
    dsade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Age
    43
    Posts
    21,415
    Rep Power
    771849
    Level
    86
    Lv. Percent
    5.31%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting VeteranPosting Royalty

    Quote Originally Posted by bioman View Post
    Yeah, the taste...or aftertaste I should say..is kinda rough.
    Bitter?
    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    BPS - Where Body meets Performance
    Flawless Skin Couture - We give you the tools to make you Flawless
  13. Senior Member
    luclyluciano's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  197 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Age
    52
    Posts
    1,494
    Rep Power
    931
    Level
    28
    Lv. Percent
    91.53%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    1-2 tsp is same as how many NOW brand caps of Maca and how many grams????
  14. Are you Diesel?
    Chuck Diesel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    3,787
    Rep Power
    2008
    Level
    42
    Lv. Percent
    44.61%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by 1HP View Post
    The maca monster is white/slightly yellow. It's quite a bit stronger then other maca's I've tried but then again, since I buy it by the kilo I've also been taking more of it. Its effects are very strong @ ~15 grams a day which is about the highest I went, it has more benefits then pure libido, you simply feel awesome and very relaxed/cheerfull. I absolutely hate the taste, also very hard to mask mixing it in your shakes. I cap it these days, but you have to take a lot of caps
    its all going to be the same color, the only difference is the outside color of the root, pure black maca is more bitter and less nutty tasting. Most maca taste kinda like roasted soy beans. Also even the maca sold as gold/yellow is a mix of gold/black/red, they all grow from the same plant, there isnt no just black or yellow producing maca plants.
  15. Are you Diesel?
    Chuck Diesel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    3,787
    Rep Power
    2008
    Level
    42
    Lv. Percent
    44.61%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by 1HP View Post
    The maca monster is white/slightly yellow. It's quite a bit stronger then other maca's I've tried but then again, since I buy it by the kilo I've also been taking more of it. Its effects are very strong @ ~15 grams a day which is about the highest I went, it has more benefits then pure libido, you simply feel awesome and very relaxed/cheerfull. I absolutely hate the taste, also very hard to mask mixing it in your shakes. I cap it these days, but you have to take a lot of caps
    15g is alot of maca, you shouldnt need over 2 tsp's a day or else you dont have a good maca. I mean all maca works at 15g a day.
  16. Elite Member
    bioman's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Age
    42
    Posts
    7,701
    Rep Power
    513134
    Level
    59
    Lv. Percent
    85.61%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by dsade View Post
    Bitter?
    Not too bitter really. It's more of a very strong vegetable flavor that hangs around. Beet-like and loaded with phytochemical after tones with a bouquet of cabbages that have been at the bottom of a dumpster for the month of July.

    It's quite nice.
  17. NutraPlanet Fanatic
    dsade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Age
    43
    Posts
    21,415
    Rep Power
    771849
    Level
    86
    Lv. Percent
    5.31%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting VeteranPosting Royalty

    Quote Originally Posted by bioman View Post
    Not too bitter really. It's more of a very strong vegetable flavor that hangs around. Beet-like and loaded with phytochemical after tones with a bouquet of cabbages that have been at the bottom of a dumpster for the month of July.

    It's quite nice.
    the reason I ask is that I had toyed with making a Whipped nougat Maca-type candy bar.

    However, the Maca extracts at the time were too weak. 18:1 sounds excellent.
    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    BPS - Where Body meets Performance
    Flawless Skin Couture - We give you the tools to make you Flawless
  18. Senior Member
    luclyluciano's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  197 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Age
    52
    Posts
    1,494
    Rep Power
    931
    Level
    28
    Lv. Percent
    91.53%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by luclyluciano View Post
    1-2 tsp is same as how many NOW brand caps of Maca and how many grams????
    Anyone know?
  19. New Member
    Schmazz's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  212 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    109
    Rep Power
    140
    Level
    9
    Lv. Percent
    42.56%

    Quote Originally Posted by dsade View Post
    the reason I ask is that I had toyed with making a Whipped nougat Maca-type candy bar.

    However, the Maca extracts at the time were too weak. 18:1 sounds excellent.
    Yesssssss.

    That would be an awesome product. Love the stuff you guys put out, this would fit right in with that line.
  20. 1HP
    Senior Member
    1HP's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Age
    41
    Posts
    1,049
    Rep Power
    627
    Level
    25
    Lv. Percent
    14.72%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Diesel View Post
    15g is alot of maca, you shouldnt need over 2 tsp's a day or else you dont have a good maca. I mean all maca works at 15g a day.
    With maca it's like the more you take the more you notice it. I take 2 times ~2.5 grams a day normally of monster maca, the 15 grams is kinda cool though
  21. Elite Member
    bioman's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Age
    42
    Posts
    7,701
    Rep Power
    513134
    Level
    59
    Lv. Percent
    85.61%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Chocolate might cover the maca taste...I usually dump it in my protein shake but even then you can taste it.
  22. New Member
    marco wolf's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  235 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    354
    Rep Power
    256
    Level
    15
    Lv. Percent
    50.68%

    Quote Originally Posted by luclyluciano View Post
    1-2 tsp is same as how many NOW brand caps of Maca and how many grams????
    A good guess-timate is about 5 grams per teaspoon. Some dry goods are more and some are less. So, about 10 (5 grams) would be a teaspoon, give or take a couple capsules.
  23. New Member
    chlorella's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    90
    Rep Power
    133
    Level
    8
    Lv. Percent
    90.07%

    Dsade- put me down for some bars!
    Try the maca monster-it's very strong. It's not the best tasting though.
    The yellow tastes great. Maca is one of those things that start tasting really good after you get a feel(craving) for it.

    1hp-15g of the monster is nuts! I maxed out at 5-10. Did you feel the "prostrate stimulation"??? There's something to maca that I can't figure out. I wish there was more research on it.

    FYI
    If you want to try the black, you have to email Ken and specifically ask for it. It's not listed on his site.

    and capped maca monster is WAY better than NOWs capped maca!
  24. 1HP
    Senior Member
    1HP's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Age
    41
    Posts
    1,049
    Rep Power
    627
    Level
    25
    Lv. Percent
    14.72%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by chlorella View Post
    1hp-15g of the monster is nuts! I maxed out at 5-10. Did you feel the "prostrate stimulation"??? There's something to maca that I can't figure out. I wish there was more research on it.

    FYI
    If you want to try the black, you have to email Ken and specifically ask for it. It's not listed on his site.

    and capped maca monster is WAY better than NOWs capped maca!
    Ken goes through a kilo in a month, so he takes like 30 grams a day lol

    No I dont feel the prostate stimulation.
  25. Are you Diesel?
    Chuck Diesel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    3,787
    Rep Power
    2008
    Level
    42
    Lv. Percent
    44.61%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by 1HP View Post
    With maca it's like the more you take the more you notice it. I take 2 times ~2.5 grams a day normally of monster maca, the 15 grams is kinda cool though
    yeah the more you take the better it is, its a whole food product. I respond to about 1tsp a day or more, I take maca every am in yogurt, 3/4 tsp. When I take over 1tsp/day I get larger loads, but im on DTH. I get my Maca straight from Peru.
  26. Are you Diesel?
    Chuck Diesel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    3,787
    Rep Power
    2008
    Level
    42
    Lv. Percent
    44.61%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by chlorella View Post
    Dsade- put me down for some bars!
    Try the maca monster-it's very strong. It's not the best tasting though.
    The yellow tastes great. Maca is one of those things that start tasting really good after you get a feel(craving) for it.

    1hp-15g of the monster is nuts! I maxed out at 5-10. Did you feel the "prostrate stimulation"??? There's something to maca that I can't figure out. I wish there was more research on it.

    FYI
    If you want to try the black, you have to email Ken and specifically ask for it. It's not listed on his site.

    and capped maca monster is WAY better than NOWs capped maca!
    yeah there's something to Maca which is why its in my test boosters. Its a good adaptogen something like Rhodiola's effects on the HTPA and CNS, just no huge increase in endurance.
  27. Are you Diesel?
    Chuck Diesel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    3,787
    Rep Power
    2008
    Level
    42
    Lv. Percent
    44.61%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by marco wolf View Post
    A good guess-timate is about 5 grams per teaspoon. Some dry goods are more and some are less. So, about 10 (5 grams) would be a teaspoon, give or take a couple capsules.
    1 tsp of maca is usually something like 1.5 to 2g. I will check when I get home. If is a med. size now capsule its prob. 500mg. Good maca works at 2g or less a day. But all maca will work at a certain dose, just might have to take up to 10g or more of some maca. Its a food. Some extracts of maca will actually make you aggressive if you take 2 much.
  28. 1HP
    Senior Member
    1HP's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Age
    41
    Posts
    1,049
    Rep Power
    627
    Level
    25
    Lv. Percent
    14.72%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Thanks for your input Chuck, reps.

    The monster maca I'm talking about is a 19:1 extract. Its quite potent in effect anyway.
  29. Senior Member
    matthias7's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    1,627
    Rep Power
    880
    Level
    30
    Lv. Percent
    1%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by matthias7 View Post
    Maca root reknown as an 'adrenal herb' in the nutrition industry. Its root vegetable of the Andes.

    Considered an aphrodisiac without hormonal impact (not a testo-booster).

    It is probably a bit tame for a forum like this. ..... I can't see it being worth the money.
    Oh my goodness what pathetic post (above). Be careful what you write might come back to haunt you Monster maca problem - smells revolting. The lid and seal are tightly closed in my kitchen and it still smells bad.

    Just tried top grade ginseng over the past two days (same supplier) - kicks like crazy. Its expensive but the energy effect is unreal. Its like lump of rock and I'll need a hammer to break up a root. Worth try. Whether it keeps its potency over time dunn.

    Chuck seems to be saying is that the DTHC dosage is max. dosage.

    Chuck: Why is Tribulus so high on the DHTC list of ingredients? Maca I can understand, pretty cheap and looks potent (at least smells it). Long Jack I can understand from the reports - it is supposed to be really potent (Ken the website guru's view). I've tried Tribulus but it no effect at all. Where are you sourcing?
  30. New Member
    marco wolf's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  235 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    354
    Rep Power
    256
    Level
    15
    Lv. Percent
    50.68%

    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Diesel View Post
    1 tsp of maca is usually something like 1.5 to 2g. I will check when I get home. If is a med. size now capsule its prob. 500mg. Good maca works at 2g or less a day. But all maca will work at a certain dose, just might have to take up to 10g or more of some maca. Its a food. Some extracts of maca will actually make you aggressive if you take 2 much.
    I found a 4:1 maca extract that lists it at about 4 grams per teaspoon. You use gelatinized maca, which might be lighter? Either way, NOW maca is full-spectrum, I believe, which probably means you'd need more than the extracts.
  31. New Member
    obsessis's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Age
    35
    Posts
    8
    Rep Power
    78
    Level
    2
    Lv. Percent
    62%

    I used maca before from a local healthstore. it was alright but I didn't try it for long enough to know if it really worked.
  32. Are you Diesel?
    Chuck Diesel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    3,787
    Rep Power
    2008
    Level
    42
    Lv. Percent
    44.61%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by marco wolf View Post
    I found a 4:1 maca extract that lists it at about 4 grams per teaspoon. You use gelatinized maca, which might be lighter? Either way, NOW maca is full-spectrum, I believe, which probably means you'd need more than the extracts.
    extracts and gelentanized is actually denser.
  33. New Member
    marco wolf's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  235 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    354
    Rep Power
    256
    Level
    15
    Lv. Percent
    50.68%

    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Diesel View Post
    extracts and gelentanized is actually denser.
    I wasn't sure about the gelatinized(?) ones, but makes sense.
  34. Advanced Member
    Imeniaan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    610
    Rep Power
    393
    Level
    19
    Lv. Percent
    66.36%

    what about macapure, i heared that's some real powerfull stuff if you take 2000 mg/day
  35. Advanced Member
    Imeniaan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    610
    Rep Power
    393
    Level
    19
    Lv. Percent
    66.36%

    Quote Originally Posted by Imeniaan View Post
    what about macapure, i heared that's some real powerfull stuff if you take 2000 mg/day
    bump!

    http://www.ergo-log.com/macafaster.html
  36. New Member
    Sacha Inchi S's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1
    Rep Power
    48
    Level
    1
    Lv. Percent
    0%

    You should try "black maca" in order to improve your spermatogenesis. Indeed, I have just found a research, whose authors, mostly form Universidad Cayetano Heredia (a Peruvian college specialized in medicine) told that black maca is the best compared to the other "ecotypes" such as "yellow" or "red" maca.

    Moreover, if you like further information, I suggest you to visit Jonas Cabezudo's web page, a notorious Peruvian scientific and entrepeneur who can provide you with further information about this matter.

    bye and best regards,
    Jean Bishop
  37. New Member
    broons's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  0 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    300
    Rep Power
    485
    Level
    14
    Lv. Percent
    51.43%

    I went through 2 tubs of Maca monster I bought from Ken. 2 heaping teaspoons a day. I didn't notice any effect whatsoever. *shrugs*
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Black Maca?
    By Z28Luver7777 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-25-2010, 01:25 PM
  2. TheNinja's log of LG's new M1D Black - Back in M1D-Black!
    By TheNinja in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 76
    Last Post: 08-24-2009, 07:32 PM
  3. Maca???
    By 350zTT in forum Custom Capsule
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-27-2008, 12:46 PM
  4. Maca vs. Maca Extract
    By LJ57 in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-10-2007, 10:26 AM
  5. Whole Maca vs. Maca Extract (4:1)
    By LJ57 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-06-2007, 07:57 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in