BCAA supplement enough?

1. BCAA supplement enough?

Hey guys i'm just wondering if i'm getting enough out of my BCAA sup. I'm currently taking Twin labs 1000 BCAA sup twice a day. I also have a tub of EAS L-Glutamine at home that i havent used in a long time and am just wondering if i'm getting enough from my diet and BCAA's or if i should be taking the EAS as well. I eat plenty of meat and also take whey protein, and as far as i know L-glutamine is more for those that don't get enough out of their diet. Just wondering, thanks

2. what are your stats (ht, wht, bf%, etc) and what are your goals and workout routines?

in general, if you're eating alot of lean meats and supplementing with BCAAs on top of that than you should be good
    •   

3. Currently at 5'7 150lbs at 11-12%, i'm trying to bulk some mass right now. I'm taking BCAA's, fish oil, creatine, whey, a multi, and DTHC which i'm on day 5 of. Id like to hit 160 then cut to bring my body comp down as right now i'm gaining % which i knew would happen. I'm in the gym 4-5 times a week currently, hitting compounds about 2 times a week, and the focusing on major body parts other than that, chest, bi/shoulders, back, and triceps. I'm considering adding alittle cardio because of the % increase which seems to be primarily on my trunk. Diet is pretty clean with an intake of around 2500-3000 cals a day on workout days, 2000-2500 on off days, rough guess

4. everything looks good, but i think you might need to eat a little more to get the mass you're looking for... just my opinion.

5. Yeah i agree, just trying not to make the BF% increase too much because the amount thats accumulating on my stomache and sides already is discouraging. I'm hoping the DTHC is will help alil.
    •   

6. Quote Originally Posted by JG503 View Post
    Yeah i agree, just trying not to make the BF% increase too much because the amount thats accumulating on my stomache and sides already is discouraging. I'm hoping the DTHC is will help alil.
    I have had the same problem as you in the past; I've found that varying my diet has limited my fat gain well. Might want to check into a diet that varies carbs/calories over a week's time. I could not explain WHY it works, but for me (and apparently many others) it does work.

When I've kept my diet consistently high in calories/carbs day in and day out I've always accumulated fat at a rate that makes the diet unsustainable over a long period...and then next thing I know I'm on a cutting diet to get it off, and it's like two steps forward, one and a half steps back.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. How many grams of BCAA Should I supplement?
    By Wudog in forum Supplements
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-22-2009, 02:52 PM
  2. What is a good supplement to support BCAA's???
    By gunshow2009 in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-14-2009, 11:25 AM
  3. Is it necessary to supplement BCAA's
    By chainsaw in forum Supplements
    Replies: 70
    Last Post: 01-23-2006, 01:45 AM
  4. bcaa vs. eaa for pre/during workout supplement?
    By biggun2181 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-13-2005, 09:24 PM