BCAA supplement enough?

1. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  150 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    67.25%

BCAA supplement enough?

Hey guys i'm just wondering if i'm getting enough out of my BCAA sup. I'm currently taking Twin labs 1000 BCAA sup twice a day. I also have a tub of EAS L-Glutamine at home that i havent used in a long time and am just wondering if i'm getting enough from my diet and BCAA's or if i should be taking the EAS as well. I eat plenty of meat and also take whey protein, and as far as i know L-glutamine is more for those that don't get enough out of their diet. Just wondering, thanks

2. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  222 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    19.61%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

what are your stats (ht, wht, bf%, etc) and what are your goals and workout routines?

in general, if you're eating alot of lean meats and supplementing with BCAAs on top of that than you should be good
  3. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  150 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    67.25%

Currently at 5'7 150lbs at 11-12%, i'm trying to bulk some mass right now. I'm taking BCAA's, fish oil, creatine, whey, a multi, and DTHC which i'm on day 5 of. Id like to hit 160 then cut to bring my body comp down as right now i'm gaining % which i knew would happen. I'm in the gym 4-5 times a week currently, hitting compounds about 2 times a week, and the focusing on major body parts other than that, chest, bi/shoulders, back, and triceps. I'm considering adding alittle cardio because of the % increase which seems to be primarily on my trunk. Diet is pretty clean with an intake of around 2500-3000 cals a day on workout days, 2000-2500 on off days, rough guess
    •   

4. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  222 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    19.61%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

everything looks good, but i think you might need to eat a little more to get the mass you're looking for... just my opinion.
  5. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  150 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    67.25%

Yeah i agree, just trying not to make the BF% increase too much because the amount thats accumulating on my stomache and sides already is discouraging. I'm hoping the DTHC is will help alil.
  6. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    48.79%

Quote Originally Posted by JG503 View Post
    Yeah i agree, just trying not to make the BF% increase too much because the amount thats accumulating on my stomache and sides already is discouraging. I'm hoping the DTHC is will help alil.
    I have had the same problem as you in the past; I've found that varying my diet has limited my fat gain well. Might want to check into a diet that varies carbs/calories over a week's time. I could not explain WHY it works, but for me (and apparently many others) it does work.

When I've kept my diet consistently high in calories/carbs day in and day out I've always accumulated fat at a rate that makes the diet unsustainable over a long period...and then next thing I know I'm on a cutting diet to get it off, and it's like two steps forward, one and a half steps back.

Similar Forum Threads

1. How many grams of BCAA Should I supplement?
    By Wudog in forum Supplements
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-22-2009, 02:52 PM
  2. What is a good supplement to support BCAA's???
    By gunshow2009 in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-14-2009, 11:25 AM
  3. Is it necessary to supplement BCAA's
    By chainsaw in forum Supplements
    Replies: 70
    Last Post: 01-23-2006, 01:45 AM
  4. bcaa vs. eaa for pre/during workout supplement?
    By biggun2181 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-13-2005, 09:24 PM