DTH reaction questions

JG503

Awards
Today was day four of my DTH cycle. First two days i started off taking one pill a day then day three and four moved up to two pills a day as you are not supposed to exceed two pills a day for the first five days. I took them each morning about 30 minutes before eating. First three days had no problems at all. Today took em as usual then headed off to class and drank a 6 hour energy to give me a pickup as i was feeling alittle tired this morning. About 20-30 minutes later i started to feel really hot on the surface of my skin on my neck and arms. Within about 5 minutes of this starting i was beat red on the back of my neck, top of my shoulders and down my arms looking alot like hives. I immediately went to the store and got some benadryl and took it. It took about an hour for the benadryl to kick in and the redness slowly went away. Now i'm almost positive the 6 hour energy was the culprit and i shouldnt have taken it but i really didnt think it would have an interaction. Has anyone else had any problems with DTH having interactions? I'm wondering if it was the caffeine or something else in the energy drink that did it. I do not have any food allergies that i know of and am just wondering if it was the energy drink alone or a combination of it and the DTH. I hope that it doesnt happen again as I would like to finish my cycle of it. Any advice is welcome, thanks

BurghHardcore

Awards
  • Established
the only thing I could think of it being is niacin flush. It happens sometimes when you ingest high amounts of niacin at once, which I'd think would be in a 6-hour energy. I think if you read the label it even says "some may experience a flushing sensation from niacin". I really wouldn't worry about it. Maybe the DTH intensified this someway. But I've never heard of DTH causing anything like this. I would certainly think the 6-hour energy is the culprit here and not DTH.

JG503

Awards
Thanks Burgh it appears it was the niacin your right. I've never had a reaction to anything like that. Guess thats what i get for drinking a free sample energy drink! I dont think i'll be taking anything like that again anytime soon lol.

BurghHardcore

Awards
  • Established
Thanks Burgh it appears it was the niacin your right. I've never had a reaction to anything like that. Guess thats what i get for drinking a free sample energy drink! I dont think i'll be taking anything like that again anytime soon lol.
Yeah, but in the supplement world, depending on what you take obviously, it's not always easy to avoid high amounts of b-vitamins. They are in so many top-notch supplements it seems nowadays. I'm not sensitive like some are, but I think that the niacin flush is something that diminishes over time / extended use. I mean, after all, the niacin flush isn't hurting you, it's just the bodies natural reaction to that particular substance and some are more sensitive than others. No worries.

JG503

Awards
I had never heard of the niacin flush before and just figured the 6-hour energy was just like other energy drinks but concentrated. Glad to hear it wasnt the DTH because i just started it and havent even had a chance to feel it really kick in yet. Too bad i didnt know what is was as i took benadryl to stop what ever was going on and now i feel all sluggish and lazy. Oh well live and learn!

BurghHardcore

Awards
  • Established
I had never heard of the niacin flush before and just figured the 6-hour energy was just like other energy drinks but concentrated. Glad to hear it wasnt the DTH because i just started it and havent even had a chance to feel it really kick in yet. Too bad i didnt know what is was as i took benadryl to stop what ever was going on and now i feel all sluggish and lazy. Oh well live and learn!
Right on bro...that's why we're here....to help others and to learn. My roommate in college had to take a drug test for a summer job one year. He read that niacin helps to clean you out a little bit (He was a "toker"), so of course he started mega-dosing it. About an hour later he was beet red, blotchy, and "sort of itchy" haha. I was cracking up. He looked hilarious. I also hear that DTH has vasodilation properties, so I'm sure that this possibly helped to intensify the effects to a degree. Good luck with the DTH. I will be giving it a go this summer after my JP8/NOS Ether stack (which is SICK by the way). Very much looking forward to it.

JG503

Awards
Nice, i've been hearing good things about that stack. Im thinking about running the DTH for a 6-8 week cycle along with my other supps which is creatine, BCAA's, fish oil, whey and a multi vitamin. I'm bulking right now then plan on cutting and running somethin for another bulk.

BurghHardcore

Awards
  • Established
Nice, i've been hearing good things about that stack. Im thinking about running the DTH for a 6-8 week cycle along with my other supps which is creatine, BCAA's, fish oil, whey and a multi vitamin. I'm bulking right now then plan on cutting and running somethin for another bulk.
That's cool man. Sounds like a pretty good bulk stack you have running. Nice and basic, but that's really all you need...plus mad food of course. For your next bulk I'd recommend the JP8/NOS Ether combo as a solid stack foundation. The combo will have your creatine covered. The intensity and focus of JP8 is great and my strength is improving steadily. You can't go wrong with that stack or really any Get Diesel products IMHO.