Glycomacropeptide-worth it? - AnabolicMinds.com

Glycomacropeptide-worth it?

1. Advanced Member
    Answers

Glycomacropeptide-worth it?

Here is a description of it and I wanted to hear everyone's thoughts on it. It costs $100 per lb. and before I buy it I need some opinions. Thanks

Product Description:
    What is Glycomacropeptide?

It is a casein-derived whey peptide. When milk is treated with chymosin during cheesemaking, the milk protein (k-casein) is hydrolyzed into two peptides. The larger peptide containing amino acid residues 1-105 is called para-k-casein, which becomes part of the cheese curd, while the smaller peptide containing amino acid residues 106-169 becomes soluble and part of the whey. The peptide is relatively small, with a molecular weight of 8000 Daltons. There are two major variants of flycomacropeptide, variant A and variant B, which differ in two amino acids. Different abbreviations are used to identify glycomacropeptide, but all refer to the same molecule found in whey. CMP is the abbreviation for caseinmacropeptide, while CGMP is used as a more descriptive designation of casein-glycomacropeptide. It is sometimes also referred to as CDP (casein-derived peptide) or CGP (caseinglycopeptide) to identify its origin. The result is a light colored, mild tasting, free flowing powder ideal for usage in both functional foods and dietary supplements. In the end the glycomacropeptide is a light colored, mild tasting, free flowing powder ideal for usage in both functional foods and dietary supplements.

How can Glycomacropeptide benefit me?

It offers solutions for better health and nutrition. Glycomacropeptide may help prevent dental cavities, influence blood clotting, interact with antibodies, and protect against viruses and bacteria. Glycomacropeptide is the only naturally occurring whey protein without phennylalanine, and may be useful in the treatment of

phenylketonuria. Studies have shown that glycomacropeptide stimulates the body to produce the protein released after eating that gives one a sense of satiety. It is also suggest that glycomacropeptide helps the fight in losing weight.

2. New Member
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Foxx
    Glycomacropeptide is the only naturally occurring whey protein without phennylalanine, and may be useful in the treatment of phenylketonuria.
    I don't know anything about Glycomacropeptide, but I'm 99.9999999999% positive that anybody reading AM is old enough to know whether or not they are phenylketonurics because the amino acid phennylalanine found in most forms of protein and diet sodas would've already hospitalized and/or killed them.

~Todd

Similar Forum Threads

1. Is trimax worth it?
    By TheManGuy in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 11-26-2004, 01:41 AM
  2. Leptigen worth it
    By acecombact1 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 08-06-2004, 06:42 PM
  3. igf-lr3 for PCT? Is it worth it?
    By Billy the kid in forum IGF-1/GH
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-28-2004, 03:39 PM
  4. is it worth it?
    By alittlewhiteboy in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-10-2003, 08:31 AM
  5. Liquid Clen worth it post ph/ps cycle?
    By max silver in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-04-2003, 12:02 AM