Bulk resveratrol

LAC

LAC

Awards
has anyone used bulk resveratrol?I found some 98% on VitalPrime website.
What is best way to take for absorption?
Mix in water/juice?
better to cap?
Take with bioperine?
Thanks

AK32408

AK32408

IBE/PHF Rep
Awards
  • Established
E J

E J

Awards
  • Established
Buy some penetrate and do it transdermal you'll get a 30-40% from what I hear, mush higher than oral.

I am also trying to workout a sublingual solution (sublingual absorption is supposed to be higher than both transdermal and oral) but not quite sure how to go about it. Any ideas?

Forgot to say that if you are going to try transdermal / sublingual it must be the micronized type.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Mix in water/juice?
better to cap?
Take with bioperine?
Thanks
try it different ways, mixed in grape juice-with bioperine added. or just spoon it down. i think patrick arnold said he was using a gram of the bulk daily and loving it. good luck, and let us know.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
how do i contact Patrick arnold??
prison pen pals??? i don't know what happened to pa...lol. but when he came out with 6oxo extreme it was the first time i had ever heard of resveratrol. google giant nutrition and look at recommended dosing for their bulk resveratrol-both ergopharm and giant nutrition are affiliated with patrick arnold.

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
prison pen pals??? i don't know what happened to pa...lol. but when he came out with 6oxo extreme it was the first time i had ever heard of resveratrol. google giant nutrition and look at recommended dosing for their bulk resveratrol-both ergopharm and giant nutrition are affiliated with patrick arnold.
Resveratrol was around here WAY before 6-OXO extreme. PA put in 6-OXO because of an obscure relation to a SERM, that is essentially ineffective as such.

Adams

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Resveratrol was around here WAY before 6-OXO extreme. PA put in 6-OXO because of an obscure relation to a SERM, that is essentially ineffective as such.

Adams
aha-you are much better versed than i, but the release of 6oxo extreme was my first exposure to resveratrol. and pa played a big part in it's popularity, imo. btw-i thought pa was touting it's ability to increase test, wasn't it other companies who touted it's serm like qualities?

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
aha-you are much better versed than i, but the release of 6oxo extreme was my first exposure to resveratrol. and pa played a big part in it's popularity, imo. btw-i thought pa was touting it's ability to increase test, wasn't it other companies who touted it's serm like qualities?
Yeah, that is where the Testosterone stimulation theories have come from is PA. Res has serm like properties, but IMHO are severely overblown. PA started it, and others cited him... so as the chain went on, it got blown up out of proportion.

Adams

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Yeah, that is where the Testosterone stimulation theories have come from is PA. Res has serm like properties, but IMHO are severely overblown. PA started it, and others cited him... so as the chain went on, it got blown up out of proportion.

Adams
right on, DA. as usual you are on it...i was very skeptical of 6oxo extreme and it's HIGH price tag, but i did break down and try it. got to admit the libido boost after a week was insane. but at 10 caps a day that shiit was too pricey.

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
right on, DA. as usual you are on it...i was very skeptical of 6oxo extreme and it's HIGH price tag, but i did break down and try it. got to admit the libido boost after a week was insane. but at 10 caps a day that shiit was too pricey.
I like 6-OXO myself... that is what gives me a nice boost all around... ATD is to harsh and compete for receptors. Just some strait 6-OXO (Generic) is always a nice little pick me up.

Adams

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I like 6-OXO myself... that is what gives me a nice boost all around... ATD is to harsh and compete for receptors. Just some strait 6-OXO (Generic) is always a nice little pick me up.

Adams
seriously, the extreme was a decent upgrade, imo. but the stuff was just too damn expensive. i bought some stoked and ran it with reg 6oxo, not bad but not as good as the extreme.

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
seriously, the extreme was a decent upgrade, imo. but the stuff was just too damn expensive. i bought some stoked and ran it with reg 6oxo, not bad but not as good as the extreme.
OH wow... $35 for 15 days... damn... just seen that.

Adams

qball

Awards
Mix in water/juice?
better to cap?
Take with bioperine?
Thanks
Squirt it up ur arss!

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
OH wow... $35 for 15 days... damn... just seen that.

Adams
ahem, look again. a bottle=60 caps, dosing is 5 caps 2xday. that's 6 days worth. and believe it or not but the price has came down, i paid more than that for it,lol.:dunno:

UKStrength

I am also trying to workout a sublingual solution (sublingual absorption is supposed to be higher than both transdermal and oral) but not quite sure how to go about it. Any ideas?
Will it dissolve in a medium like ethanol?

I'm not a chemist by any means so hopefully a veteran of the chemical world will have to chime in soon ;)

1HP

1HP

Awards
  • Established
Will it dissolve in a medium like ethanol?

I'm not a chemist by any means so hopefully a veteran of the chemical world will have to chime in soon ;)
Yes it will, actually some people put it in vodka and take it sublingual.

Mix in water/juice?
better to cap?
Take with bioperine?
Thanks
Over at imminst the general idea seems to be sublingual is the easiest way to get decent plasma levels.

I'm taking 99% bulkpowder, capped it for convenience.

If taking orally for "life extension" 5 mg/kg bodyweight has been used in some studies with increased lifespan as result.

There seem to be issues with taking too high doses, achilles tendoitis, presumably because Resveratrol is a copper chelator, depletes copper from your body, and sore joints.

There are some studies on quercetin increasing resveratrol bioavailability by using up enzymes in some conversion process in the liver increasing plasma levels of resv and extending half life quite a bit, but there's also some controversial study on quercetin to block some of resveratrols effects (sirt1 activation), although in other studies quercetin activates sirt1 on its own. However from m&m feedback some people develop depressions on quercetin or lose libido.

IOW nobody knows exactly :) I'm taking 2 x 300mg orally (because it came out that way capped) but I make sure I get my copper in. I take it with shilajit (black indian) which supposedly can increase uptake. I do notice a little extra energy boost this way. The combination does increase stamina/endurance noticably.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote

Over at imminst the general idea seems to be sublingual is the easiest way to get decent plasma levels.

If taking orally for "life extension" 5 mg/kg bodyweight has been used in some studies with increased lifespan as result.

There seem to be issues with taking too high doses, achilles tendoitis, presumably because Resveratrol is a copper chelator, depletes copper from your body, and sore joints.

There are some studies on quercetin increasing resveratrol bioavailability by using up enzymes in some conversion process in the liver increasing plasma levels of resv and extending half life quite a bit, but there's also some controversial study on quercetin to block some of resveratrols effects (sirt1 activation), although in other studies quercetin activates sirt1 on its own. However from m&m feedback some people develop depressions on quercetin or lose libido.

IOW nobody knows exactly :) I'm taking 2 x 300mg orally (because it came out that way capped) but I make sure I get my copper in. I take it with shilajit (black indian) which supposedly can increase uptake. I do notice a little extra energy boost this way. The combination does increase stamina/endurance noticably.
good info, what other effects have you had besides the stamina/endurance-not that that isn't good enough. how long have you been taking?

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I believe the solubility in ethanol was something like 40g/L. I played around with solubilizing it in almost pure ethanol and trying it sublingually. Wasn't the most pleasant; I've found that just buying it pre-mixed in a transdermal like Sustain Alpha has worked quite well for me over the past few months. I had some bulk resveratrol but I traded it away before I could make my own TD to compare.

1HP

1HP

Awards
  • Established
good info, what other effects have you had besides the stamina/endurance-not that that isn't good enough. how long have you been taking?
These are the only effects I'm sure off, my skin does seem to look better and my eyes look brighter but I also got some sun recently so I simply cannot attest that to Resv.

I'm on resveratrol products for quite a while now, on and off, tried several forms, Primordial Performance Sustain Alfa, IBE Reverse, Anabolic Innovations Stoked and now bulk Resveratrol. Got 100 grams, 99% pure, so its gonna last me a while. I'm gonna try taking it with things like quercetin and bioperine to see if I notice a difference. Some say RSV absorbs better mixed with milk.

LAC

LAC

Awards
can you give me the UK link?
so you take you resveratrol capped. with glass of water?

edvanp

edvanp

Awards
  • Established

This is interesting. I've been taking Trans-Resveratrol 50% 600 mg per day and my achilles tendon has been aching occassionally. Last night it was really sore. It's never done this, but this could explain it.

1HP

1HP

Awards
  • Established
can you give me the UK link?
so you take you resveratrol capped. with glass of water?
link in pm.

yes capped in 0 size caps, holds just over 300mg a cap heavily tampered. It's a biatch to cap btw, at some point my cap em quick became a little bit statically charged and the resv is flying allover the place then :S It doesnt taste bad and seems to be absorbed better anyway if you hold it in your mouth for a bit.

I take it with water out of convenience but seems its absorbed better mixed with milk or a whey/milk shake or alcohol.

This is interesting. I've been taking Trans-Resveratrol 50% 600 mg per day and my achilles tendon has been aching occassionally. Last night it was really sore. It's never done this, but this could explain it.
There are numerous reports on this on the imminst forum. Maybe you should supplement with copper. But I dont know if that helps the issue, just speculating..

UKStrength

Cheers mate, shame ethanol would taste like crap :( I might have to give this a try though since resveratrol is pretty easy to get here in bulk.

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
hey man, take that crap over to the juvenile forum.
On a serious note, has anyone tried suppository delivery? I mean, it is a legitimate way to deliver meds into the system.

1HP

1HP

Awards
  • Established
Cheers mate, shame ethanol would taste like crap :( I might have to give this a try though since resveratrol is pretty easy to get here in bulk.
Yeah, good price too I think, if you take the recommended 5mg / kg bw, so 400-500mg a day, 100 grams will almost last a year. Comes out to maybe 10-12 GBP a month?

Ofcourse the bio-availability is still an issue nobody has a real good answer too. Some research needs te be done what happens to the metabolites of resv, some suggest they get converted back to resv in target tissues, which would mean that there is no bio-availability issue at all.. Other theories are the metabolites are actually active themselves. If you would be taking Resv purely for anti-tumor purposes and the metabolites are doing nothing you would need to take like 5 grams of bulkpwder a day.

On a serious note, has anyone tried suppository delivery? I mean, it is a legitimate way to deliver meds into the system.
There's a thought ;)

UKStrength

Yeah, good price too I think, if you take the recommended 5mg / kg bw, so 400-500mg a day, 100 grams will almost last a year. Comes out to maybe 10-12 GBP a month?

Ofcourse the bio-availability is still an issue nobody has a real good answer too. Some research needs te be done what happens to the metabolites of resv, some suggest they get converted back to resv in target tissues, which would mean that there is no bio-availability issue at all.. Other theories are the metabolites are actually active themselves. If you would be taking Resv purely for anti-tumor purposes and the metabolites are doing nothing you would need to take like 5 grams of bulkpwder a day.

There's a thought ;)
That is a thought certainly. However would it be worth taking this as a 'staple' supplement or would a cyclic fashion be more beneficial?

1HP

1HP

Awards
  • Established
Keeping oestrogen under control and all the associated benefits outlined in that excellent thread you posted a link to :)
I think it's worth it as a staple. You can buy it at decent prices in bulk. I would take it for the possible Sirt1 activation alone. Seems bioavailability is enhanced even more taking it dissolved in lecithin.

UKStrength

I think it's worth it as a staple. You can buy it at decent prices in bulk. I would take it for the possible Sirt1 activation alone. Seems bioavailability is enhanced even more taking it dissolved in lecithin.
Cheers mate, I'll look into it.

LAC

LAC

Awards
what is Sirt1 activation ?
so bulk resv in whey shake , with lechitin, bioperine tablet sounds like good way to take it. also shilajit tablet
am i on right track???

1HP

1HP

Awards
  • Established
Activation of Sirt1 supposedly increases lifespan. Resveratrol supposedly activates sirt1, another way is fasting or caloric restriction.

LAC

LAC

Awards
thanks i will read that one
maybe i should use quercitin??
again , what is Sirt1 activation ????????????
thanks

timziums88

Awards
Wow! I actually have a website about resveratrol (and also workout) but never knew that it was so big in the fitness area. Is anybody taking the supplement that has reviews on it?

1HP

1HP

Awards
  • Established
Activation of Sirt1 supposedly increases lifespan. Resveratrol supposedly activates sirt1, another way is fasting or caloric restriction.
thanks i will read that one
maybe i should use quercitin??
again , what is Sirt1 activation ????????????
thanks
Apparently we crossed posts ;)

Quercetin also inhibits metabolisation of Resveratrol, we need to find out if this is good or not ;)

1HP

1HP

Awards
  • Established
Wow! I actually have a website about resveratrol (and also workout) but never knew that it was so big in the fitness area. Is anybody taking the supplement that has reviews on it?
It's not that big as a sport performance enhancement product as of yet, although it does have a noticable impact on endurance for me, others have also reported on this. There are some products using it as a natural SERM also. Hard to say how effective it is at that. Lets say it did not come anywhere close for me combatting gynoish issues as some well known and tried SERMs.

For reviews lookup IBE Reverse, Anabolic Innovations Stoked, Primordial Performance Sustain Alfa, I-Force Nutrition Reversitol, Nutraplanet T-rez, probably more around ;)

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
sorry to be a bother......but what is SERM?
Selective Estrogen Receptor Modulator, such as tamoxifen or clomiphene citrate. A substance that blocks the activity of estrogen in some bodily tissues by displacing it at the receptor. Very helpful if you don't want excess estrogen to affect things like breast tissue for example.

There's also SARMs, Selective Androgen Receptor Modulators.

ezmelts

Awards
Mix in water/juice?
better to cap?
Take with bioperine?
Thanks
Instead of bulk resveratrol powder, you should try resveratrol melts. It's still buccal delivery resveratrol (like sublingual), but as oppposed to the sublingual resveratrol, it does not get lumped up and dissolves quickly with a pleasant feeling and great taste. ezmelts has the highest dosage buccal delivery resveratrol in the market at 150 mg per daily dose. That should provide the greater bioavailability you are looking for. I take them almost like candy, one 75mg resveratrol tablet after every meal / snack.

junkyarddogzz

junkyarddogzz

Awards
  • Established
I love resV. I buy the 99% by the Kilo. Cost around $700 I take 2grams a day.

I mix it in my morning shake and slam it....

Maybe I should be taking it in another way??? I take a pretty high dose.