Need some supplement advice!

PBlack

PBlack

Awards
Hey everyone, I need some advice on a few supplements. The army has afforded me the opportunity to get my diet/lifting/supplement schedule on track, and i need some advice on supplements. My goal is to increase muscle mass about 10 lbs, but im not sure how to stack supplements properly. Currently weigh 196 and would like to be at 190 at 10-15% BF. Im interested in a stack similar to the bsn mass stack (cellmass, nitrix, no explode, and axisis ht) but without all the extra cost. if anyone could provide information on comparable supplements and the correct way to stack them, i would greatly appreciate it. oh, I currently do have shock therapy, xtend, xtest, and cee, but as i mentioned before, im not up on the proper way to stack them correctly for maximum performance. Again, thanks in advance!

UKStrength

Hey mate, first off, welcome to AM! :)

Secondly, BSN are notoriously expensive but it sounds like you're looking for some sort of testosterone booster, creatine and nitric oxide stack?

Cellmass, is just creatine-ethyl ester (CEE), beta-alanine, some glutamine and some carbohydrates.

Nitrix is just a L-arginine supplement that assists in nitric oxide production, giving you a nice 'pump' during training :)

No-Xplode is similar to Nitrix, except it contains a few stimulants (caffeine) and is in a drink as opposed to pills.

You already have a creatine supplement (CEE), Xtend (branched-chain amino acids and glutamine) and Shock Therapy (Creatine, carbohydrates, beta alanine, Niacin and other delicious goodies that'll give you a nice pump) so there's no need for the cell mass, nitrix or No-Xplode, it'd be a waste of money.

I'm not sure how much Beta Alanine is in the Shock Therapy (proprietary blend), but since it's an excellent supplement for boosting performance in training and works together with your creatine, I'd recommend picking some up.

Molecular Nutrition produce a beta alanine supplement:

http://www.molecularnutrition.net/products_peakbeta.html

You don't seem to have a proper post-workout nutrition protocol (protein shake or equivalent). Whilst others would disagree I feel a whey-based protein shake along with a source of quick-digesting carbohydrates is the best post-workout supplement you can have to maximise anablism after training.

You could make your own just using plain old whey protein and some carbohydrates (dextrose, maltodextrin, high GI fruit - banana, raisins)

or buy a pre-made post-workout formula, a good choice (from the ingredients) would be: Golden gains by Controlled Labs

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/controlled-labs/123784-golden-gains-faq.html

The Axis HT is the testosterone booster, which uses Tribulus Terrestris alongside Safed Musli and Coleus Forskohli to boost testosterone output.

Testosterone boosters are useful during a fat loss/recomposition phase (you mention wanting to gain muscle but lose weight?) to help maintain aggression and intensity in the gym. They may also help you stay 'anabolic' and therefore less likely to lose muscle mass.

I prefer the following supplements for boosting testosterone, contacting the reps from the companies (on the boards) would give you some more information:

IGF-2 - Applied Nutraceuticals (currently using this)

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/applied-nutriceuticals/59484-igf-2-frequently.html

Blue-UP - Controlled Labs (Also uses Tribulus)

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/controlled-labs/91232-blue-up-faq.html

Supplement Protocol:

Take one serving of Shock Therapy immediately before your training.
Sip on 10g of Xtend and CEE throughout your workout.
Take your whey-based protein shake immediately after training and then eat a full meal soon after.
Take your testosterone boosting supplement as directed.

Hope this helps mate and welcome aboard! :)

PBlack

PBlack

Awards
UK,
Thanks for all the info. Ill give it a shot in the routine and start tracking the results. Just a quick side note, alot of the females in the british military are smoking hot! Thanks!