Was Hydroxycut Banned?

CrazyChemist

CrazyChemist

Awards
  • Established
A friend of mine went to walmart to get some hydroxycut and she said they told her it was pulled from shelves May 1. I checked the web and found this link - HydroxycutInformation.com which says it was voluntarily recalled. Is hydroxycut gone for good?

bigrobbierob

bigrobbierob

Awards
  • Established
Banned= no

recalled= yes.

Gone for good=probably reformulated and back in a few months.

IMHO, aspirin is still more dangerous/deadly

lift or die

Awards
has anyone used hydroxycut and had a good results?

PublicEnemy

PublicEnemy

Awards
  • Established
I love how people make a fuss from this...

A handfulf of confirmed liver damage cases, out of the hundreds of thousands Hydroxycuts sold, and suddenly its a national headline.

But on the flipside I think its awesome, purely because I dislike MuscleTech

blackedoutstx

Awards
not banned. just recalled. it worked for me. xenadrine has almost the same exact ingredients but hydroxycut was a bigger seller. xenadrine and hydroxycut are both owned by iovate from what i hear

bigrobbierob

bigrobbierob

Awards
  • Established
xenadrine has almost the same exact ingredients but hydroxycut was a bigger seller. xenadrine and hydroxycut are both owned by iovate from what i hear
Yeah...Iovate bought Cytodyne about a year ago. Iovate also does the Muscle Asylum Project and Six Star lines.

My guess is the "problem" with Hydroxycut was the Hydroxicitic Acid.

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
all the NSAIDs out here(aspirin included) cause more damage than people believe. All these OTC pain killers are whats starting to cause issues in my opinion I DO NOT take them, even if I hurt. Though I did take vic's back when I had them for having wisdom teeth yanked out....oooo vic's.......worth the damage! J/K lol

BDOGRT

Awards
problem is people are stupid and abuse the stuff and bad things happen.

i have a friend who took the stuff for 6 mos straight on top of his bp meds. he thought he was having gallbladder probs and went to have blood drawn and an ultrasound. gallbladder wasn't the prob. his liver enzymes were elevated.

also saw a girl in her early 20's take 2-3x the rec dose and caused some huge liver probs.

there is an element of common sense when you take any supplements. they put rec dosages on there for a reason.

Korben

Korben

Awards
problem is people are stupid and abuse the stuff and bad things happen.

i have a friend who took the stuff for 6 mos straight on top of his bp meds. he thought he was having gallbladder probs and went to have blood drawn and an ultrasound. gallbladder wasn't the prob. his liver enzymes were elevated.

also saw a girl in her early 20's take 2-3x the rec dose and caused some huge liver probs.

there is an element of common sense when you take any supplements. they put rec dosages on there for a reason.
Completely agree.. and Aspirin, NSAIDS, and Tylenol (not an NSAID) are all dangerous in the hand of someone who can't or refuses to read a label and talk to a doc or pharmacist before using the stuff if they are on any kind of Rx med and in some cases other OTCs and Herbals. Some of those guys in white coats work out too, use them as resources.

T-AD

T-AD

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
My 10th grade biology teacher once said that if you take 100 aspirin, it would thin your blood out so much that it could leak out of your eye sockets and you'd die. Didn't work, though...

...just a story of lesson learned through the stupidity of youth. If everyone were atleast "broscience educated" about half of the stuff out there at Walmart, then we'd still be better off than we are right now. Ignorance breeds injury, injury breeds lawsuits, lawsuits breed government involvement, gov't involvement breeds harsher regs. All that breeding results in just one thing....each of us getting...

...screwed. ;)

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
But on the flipside I think its awesome, purely because I dislike MuscleTech
It is not awesome, it's the FDA flexing their long arm into a field they have no business, nor the resources to be in. What's to stop them from suggesting more 'voluntary' recalls in the future for?

"I sh*t myself to the point of dehydration because I took entirely too much senna...they should pull that from the shelves due to my incompetence." It'll be a bad day when that happens. If this trend continues, I assure you it will be soon.

Should there be more unified supplement regulation, yes. Should the FDA be in charge of it, NO.

I don't like Iovate just as much as the next person but this isn't good for anyone in the supplement industry.

BigSmith

Awards
  • Established
New Hydroxycut formulas have already started being sent to distributors. Below is an email I received.

New formulations…

Hydroxycut Advanced 100 cap

Hydroxycut Advanced 150 cap

Hydroxycut Advanced Caffeine Free 100 cap

Hydroxycut Hardcore X 120 cap

Hydroxycut hardcore X 210 cap

Hydroxycut Max! Advanced 120 cap

Hydroxycut Max! Advanced 210 cap

Images of what I have been given so far are attached. From what I have been told sizes and pricing will remain the same. The UPC codes will be new though. I have not been given them yet.

Here is some brief info I have been given. I do not have an ETA as of yet and I have not been given the label specs yet.

As I get any new info or dates of availability I’ll make sure you all have everything .

Hydroxycut Advanced and Hydroxycut Advanced Caffeine Free

The new, advanced formula includes a safe, clinically proven key ingredient. In fact, in one clinical study, subjects taking the primary ingredient (Cissus quadrangularis) in Hydroxycut Advanced for 10 weeks lost an average of more than 4 times the weight than the placebo group (19.25 vs. 4.54 lbs.). The formula also has an added ingredient for boosting metabolism. This ingredient helps you burn calories and increase energy. Plus, a powerful blend including pomegranate, goji, acerola, blueberry and more provide antioxidant effects.

In addition to an incredible formula, Hydroxycut Advanced also provides exceptional value for your consumers. Now Hydroxycut Advanced requires fewer servings per day, but the caplet count per bottle will remain the same. Therefore, each bottle now lasts 50% longer, giving your consumers extraordinary added value! We believe in today’s environment and economic climate this tremendous value will be well received by your customers.

Hydroxycut Hardcore X

The Powerful, New formula includes a clinically studied key compound. A recently published scientific study showed subjects taking this key compound in Hydroxycut Hardcore X for 10 weeks lost an average of 3 times more weight than the placebo group (19.25 vs. 4.54 lbs.). The formula also has an added ingredient for igniting thermogenesis. This ingredient helps you burn calories and increase energy at the same time

Hydroxycut Max! Advanced

The new, advanced formula includes the same extreme-strength weight loss power consumers already know and trust with Hydroxycut Max! In one clinical study, subjects taking the primary ingredient (Cissus quadrangularis) in Hydroxycut Max! Advanced for 10 weeks lost up to 4 times more weight than the placebo group (19.25 vs. 4.54 lbs.). The formula also has an added thermogenic ingredient to enhance the body’s metabolic process. This ingredient helps burn calories and increase energy fast. But now, with the addition of premium female-friendly vitamins and minerals such as folic acid, calcium and vitamin D, women can experience even greater benefits with Hydroxycut Max! Advanced. Plus, by adding this intense, cutting-edge formula to their program, women everywhere can continue to have the most extreme-strength weight loss power supporting their goals.

T-AD

T-AD

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Sure, go ahead, rub it in Mr. "Insider".... :lol: