thanks astragalus! - AnabolicMinds.com

thanks astragalus!

1. New Member

thanks astragalus!

I just wanted to drop this thread to thank whoever it was that suggested astragalus for sinus problems awhile back.

I don't know if it's bronchitis or sinusitis or what the hell it is, but as I have gotten older I have developed sinus problems. Colds seem to last forever, and my congestion (you know the very thick yellow almost dark brown at times mucous) seems to last the better part of the winter anymore. I even have problems in the summer. Well the other week I started taking Astragalus as suggested by someone ( I don't remember who). Well 3 days later, the sinus infection that I had for 3 -4 weeks was gone. I haven't had a problem in about 2 weeks now. The stuff is very cheap, and as of now seems very promising to either alleviate or eliminate my plaguing sinus problems.

Thanks again man,

Jason

2. New Member

Where did you buy your Astragalus?

~Todd
  3. New Member

Quote Originally Posted by tatortodd
    Where did you buy your Astragalus?

~Todd
    I bought it at RIP OFF GNC. I will be finding another source. It was still pretty cheap at GNC, so it should be REALLY cheap elsewhere. I was kind of desperate when I heard the idea, so I rushed out to GNC to buy it... it was $8 for 90 250mg caps.
    •   

4. New Member

What dose did you take?

~Todd
  5. New Member

What dose did you take?

~Todd
    when I was trying to get rid of that infection, I took 3-4 caps a day....spread out throughout the day. I am now taking two and thinking of dropping to 1 a day.
  6. New Member

I gotta try that myself, the only thing i get sick of is of my damn lungs and sinus
  7. Senior Member

jxhopper, did you have any post-nasal drip associated with ure symptoms beforehand? That's what's killing me right now... so much so that it gets into my stomach and gets me queasy. There have been a couple occasions where I almost have thrown-up from it. I've seen tha doctor plenty in tha past for it and he has always perscribed an antibiotic. It really gets annoying though when you gotta go 2-3 times a year for 80 dollar pills.
  8. New Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheUnlikelyToad
    jxhopper, did you have any post-nasal drip associated with ure symptoms beforehand? That's what's killing me right now... so much so that it gets into my stomach and gets me queasy. There have been a couple occasions where I almost have thrown-up from it. I've seen tha doctor plenty in tha past for it and he has always perscribed an antibiotic. It really gets annoying though when you gotta go 2-3 times a year for 80 dollar pills.
    No, I never had any nasal drip, just constant congestion, breathing problems, and mucous buildup. I never have taken an anti-biotic. I am of the belief that those tend to weaken your immune system over time(and they definitely make pathogens stronger). The congestion is so constant, that rarely ever can i get air flowing through BOTH nostrils at the same time.... it's usually one or the other.
  9. Senior Member

Post-Nasal drip, as in tha back of ure throat... but yeah, everything you have, I have too.
  10. New Member

I read up on astragalus over the weekend, and tonight went to get robbed at GNC (I could've got it for half price over the internet). I'm hoping this clears up my reoccurring sinus problems that have been plaguing me since before Christmas.

~Todd
  11. New Member

Good luck man, I suggest overkill dosing while you are sick..... it worked for me. What did you find in your research? I found something about increasing WBC production in the bones, along with many speculated benefits......but not much hard evidence. I did notice that GNC had some immune resistance booster supplement that had astragalus, at a much lower content though....

Jason

I read up on astragalus over the weekend, and tonight went to get robbed at GNC (I could've got it for half price over the internet). I'm hoping this clears up my reoccurring sinus problems that have been plaguing me since before Christmas.

~Todd
  12. New Member

I read a bunch of sites, but didn't bookmark. This link pretty much summarizes what I learned: http://health.yahoo.com/health/Alter...es/astragalus/

BTW, I checked out the on-line site I almost ordered from and the pills were 470 mg each and 100 in a bottle for half the price of the 250 mg each and 90 in a bottle at GNC.

I'm planning to run 1.25 g per day spread out over 5 doses until my bottle is gone which will be 18 days. It's already been 24 hours and I can't tell if my body is responding like I'm on antibiotics or if it's from forgetting to put my usual 1 tbsp of psyllium husks in breakfast and bedtime shakes over the last 24 hours.

~Todd
  13. New Member

I read a bunch of sites, but didn't bookmark. This link pretty much summarizes what I learned: http://health.yahoo.com/health/Alter...es/astragalus/

BTW, I checked out the on-line site I almost ordered from and the pills were 470 mg each and 100 in a bottle for half the price of the 250 mg each and 90 in a bottle at GNC.

I'm planning to run 1.25 g per day spread out over 5 doses until my bottle is gone which will be 18 days. It's already been 24 hours and I can't tell if my body is responding like I'm on antibiotics or if it's from forgetting to put my usual 1 tbsp of psyllium husks in breakfast and bedtime shakes over the last 24 hours.

~Todd
    The telltale signs of activity for me where swollen and sensitive lymph nodes around the neck at first.... this is a good sign as it shows your system is kicking into fighting mode.
  14. New Member

Quote Originally Posted by jxhopper
    The telltale signs of activity for me where swollen and sensitive lymph nodes around the neck at first.... this is a good sign as it shows your system is kicking into fighting mode.
    do you happen to have the link for the cheaper price?
  15. New Member

Glad my suggestion on astragalus helped.
    There used to be some good info on Dr. Andrew Weil's website, don't remember the URL. I hate GNC but I have to admit their astragalus seems to work well.
    I don't know if it is overkill, but I'll take 6-8 caps a day in divided doses.
    Would not suggest taking more than 2 caps at one time or it will give you "powder burps".
  16. New Member

Quote Originally Posted by viking
    Glad my suggestion on astragalus helped.
    There used to be some good info on Dr. Andrew Weil's website, don't remember the URL. I hate GNC but I have to admit their astragalus seems to work well.
    I don't know if it is overkill, but I'll take 6-8 caps a day in divided doses.
    Would not suggest taking more than 2 caps at one time or it will give you "powder burps".

yeah, viking.....that was you...thanks alot.
  17. New Member

Quote Originally Posted by jxhopper
    do you happen to have the link for the cheaper price?
    Power Nutrition doesn't carry astragalus, but the cheaper place is a competitor to PN in many other product lines so I'm hesitant to openly post the site.

~Todd

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 01-24-2003, 10:05 AM
  2. Replies: 20
    Last Post: 12-12-2002, 05:36 PM
  3. Thank You Veterans!!!
    By Dave in forum General Chat
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-11-2002, 09:28 PM
  4. Be thankful for what you have...
    By bigbadboss101 in forum General Chat