Looking for a BP Supp

jp17815

jp17815

Awards
  • Established
Hi.
I work with a guy that has helped me out since I started at work.
He is pushing 50 years old and has high BP, 155 over 91.
He just started Hawthorn berrie. and fish oil.
Also he quit smokeing.

Are there anyother good supps that will help him lower his bp?

JP.

iknowwhoyouar

Awards
Agmatine (or BLUEPRINT by MAN)
Celery seed Extract
hawthorn extract

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hawthorn and Celery Seed are the two main ones; grape seed extract might also be a good idea. Doing some cardio might help as well (I know its not a supplement :))

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
AI's Cycle Support as well as the Life Support^^^

jp17815

jp17815

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for all the info.

Life support looks like a good one.
I'll pass this on to him.

Thanks.

JP.

Korben

Korben

Awards
If it is chronically that high and he has a healthy life style with a good low sodium diet, he needs to go to his physician and get a prescription med. He has stage I hypertension. There is a reason why they call hypertension the silent killer, most likely he would be controlled on a mild thiazide diuretic with a possible ace inhibitor. BP is not something you try to control with natural products past good diet and decreased sodium intake, it is a major health care concern.

My 2 Cents.

Korben

Korben

Awards
If it is chronically that high and he has a healthy life style with a good low sodium diet, he needs to go to his physician and get a prescription med. He has stage I hypertension. There is a reason why they call hypertension the silent killer, most likely he would be controlled on a mild thiazide diuretic with a possible ace inhibitor. BP is not something you try to control with natural products past good diet and decreased sodium intake, it is a major health care concern.

My 2 Cents.

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

AI Sports Nutrition
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
searl12

searl12

Banned
Awards
  • Established

My 2 Cents.
well said, all this thought about blood pressure myslef lately has me second guessing future cycles and staying natural. I mean even 6 weeks of high blood pressure can probably do damage, and that being done 2-3 times a year for 10 years is a surefire way to shave 10 -15 years off a life. I really think more people should be aware how dangerous high BP can be for the present and the future.

remember the first 30 years of you life are free, but you pay for those 30 years for the rest of your life.

ambulldog

ambulldog

Awards
  • Established
i take cycle support daily at 1 serving instead of 2. ends up being cheaper than life support

Korben

Korben

Awards
well said, all this thought about blood pressure myslef lately has me second guessing future cycles and staying natural. I mean even 6 weeks of high blood pressure can probably do damage, and that being done 2-3 times a year for 10 years is a surefire way to shave 10 -15 years off a life. I really think more people should be aware how dangerous high BP can be for the present and the future.

remember the first 30 years of you life are free, but you pay for those 30 years for the rest of your life.
Completely true.. and the thing is in our country BP is a problem for people much younger (i have seen 13 year olds on ACE-inhibitors and statins) High BP is terrifyng.. heart disease, stroke, etc...

searl12

searl12

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I already know for a fact ive messed myslef up a little, 27 years old, lots of working out , looootss of supplements, some PH s and a ton of booze from 16-24 yrs old, I mean I'll be lucky to hit 55 without doing prohormones, imagine if I run all the crap we have now on and off for the next ten years!!! fck me I gotta make the change this moment! Be big and rot on the inside with steroids and prohormones or be natural and love to exercise and be happy with that, not to mention being happy with a few more healthy years.

jp17815

jp17815

Awards
  • Established
I already know for a fact ive messed myslef up a little, 27 years old, lots of working out , looootss of supplements, some PH s and a ton of booze from 16-24 yrs old, I mean I'll be lucky to hit 55 without doing prohormones, imagine if I run all the crap we have now on and off for the next ten years!!! fck me I gotta make the change this moment! Be big and rot on the inside with steroids and prohormones or be natural and love to exercise and be happy with that, not to mention being happy with a few more healthy years.
Hey.
I should have noted this before.
He has never done steroids or prohormones.

I will pass along the info, but as some said having hypertention is not good.
I'll see if I can recomend he see's his Doc.
"That should be fun"

Thank you all again for the good advise.

Wish me luck tomorrow.

JP.

unleashed29

Awards
where this thread went is right. He needs to see his doc and get on an Rx med. HTN leads to heart disease, stroke, kidney failure, among others. If he starts lifting he will put even more stress on his vascular system, as your BP's go up when you workout.

If he has started a workout routine, he needs to mention this to his doc. this might change the type of medication he is put on [for instance, not a betablocker which slows the heart, can mildly induce reactive airways in an asthmatic, and thus make some patients feel sluggish or fatigued when working out].

The best thing he did for himself is to quit smoking. Next he needs to get his blood pressure under control. And it's great he's working out.