does prime actually work???

Status
Not open for further replies.

michael3435

Board Sponsor
Awards
in another board i am on, prime is usually the butt of jokes for supplements not actually working, but then i come here and its completely opposite. for those of you who have used it, did it work???

JM0

JM0

Awards
Absolutely. I was much stronger and recovery was much improved while taking Prime.

bb.com is full of reps from other companies who are SOLELY instructed to bash other companies. Walk into a GNC and Vitamin Shoppe and just ask about USPlabs.

Ask about USPlabs every where but bb.com or a board run rampant with company reps and you will recieve the opposite answer.

With growth comes hate...

michael3435

Board Sponsor
Awards
bb.com is full of reps from other companies who are SOLELY instructed to bash other companies. Walk into a GNC and Vitamin Shoppe and just ask about USPlabs.

Ask about USPlabs every where but bb.com or a board run rampant with company reps and you will recieve the opposite answer.

its not just company reps...

and ppl who work at gnc or vitamin shop dont know anything.

Frank Reynolds

Frank Reynolds

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established

LOL..rigggggght.. Go into GNC, and Vitamin Shoppe and ask about Muscle Tech.. Ask the people that are SOLELY instructed to push certain products.

Secondly...This board is rampant with company reps, so should we discredit anything said here?

Here is my opinion.. PRIME is not worth the money..

bmw8591

Awards
  • Established
I don't think you can just blatantly say PRIME doesn't work. I myself have not tried it, but there are plenty of logs on here that SHOW that it has worked for them. On the other hand, there are logs that say it hasn't worked for them. This is no different than many supplements, it is very user dependent. It may work for some and it may not work for others.

joebo

joebo

Awards
  • Established
I used it and did get a very slight effect, however, not worth the price tag. You can not go against USP on this board because you will be wrong. You will find more positive reviews here, only because its hyped much more and the placebo can be amazing. I say a USP lab products sucks and suddenly I'm the anti-christ. Its historical. The point to go into GNC and ask them.... Great some 17 year old idiot who is pushing anything to get a commission. Based on that analysis USP and MuscleTech product must be of equal quality... There are some great companies on here, but there are some whose heads are way too big...

My opinion.. PRIME is not worth the money..

Bring on the flaming by USPLABS

Random181

Awards
  • Established
prime seems to be hit and miss, ive never tried it so I couldnt give my honest opinion for USP in general though jacked, p-slin, anabolic pump and most certainly powerfull are all great! :)

michael3435

Board Sponsor
Awards
I used it and did get a very slight effect, however, not worth the price tag. You can not go against USP on this board because you will be wrong. You will find more positive reviews here, only because its hyped much more and the placebo can be amazing. I say a USP lab products sucks and suddenly I'm the anti-christ. Its historical. The point to go into GNC and ask them.... Great some 17 year old idiot who is pushing anything to get a commission. Based on that analysis USP and MuscleTech product must be of equal quality... There are some great companies on here, but there are some whose heads are way too big...

there wont be any flaming in here.

if usp labs wants to prove me wrong on anything, go ahead, because i guarantee they will lose i will not be proven wrong. i just want to know from people who have used it if it works or not because from a research-based standpoint, it shouldnt.

as for the logs on here, a little bird told me "some" werent legit. i dont know for sure though but i can find out.

hey, btw, i traded with you on the other board lol.

hardknock

Awards
  • Established

Would you be willing to buy it if I told you that there is a source that sells it for 25.00 a bottle

hardknock

Awards
  • Established

if usp labs wants to prove me wrong on anything, go ahead, because i guarantee they will lose i will not be proven wrong. i just want to know from people who have used it if it works or not because from a research-based standpoint, it shouldnt.

as for the logs on here, a little bird told me "some" werent legit. i dont know for sure though but i can find out.
Then, if that's your approach, there is no reason to try. You have said that you will not be proven wrong yet I see not one stance from you? What will you never be proven wrong about?
Also if you are proven wrong, how would you know? You've already declared that you will not be wrong so iit's a fools pitch to even try.

hardknock

Awards
  • Established
maybe... pm me.
Well that kinda proves what I am saying. If its not worth the money due to poor results then it shouldn't matter what the price is bro. If I do not like a product, I'm NOT going to buy it regardless of price especially if my reason is that it does not work ...

I don't have a source, just curious to your point of view

michael3435

Board Sponsor
Awards
Then, if that's your approach, there is no reason to try. You have said that you will not be proven wrong yet I see not one stance from you? What will you never be proven wrong about?
Also if you are proven wrong, how would you know? You've already declared that you will not be wrong so iit's a fools pitch to even try.
im saying that i dont want responses from the reps to say their products work. "we have a study that found an average 6 lb increase" blah blah blah... i have found no one who feels the product works. if i find a good amount of people, maybe ill change my mind and try it, but until then its doubtful from what i have heard.

maybe if you read the post i quoted for that statement, you would understand the context in which i was speaking.

dmillz224

dmillz224

Awards
  • Established

what can you be proven wrong on you havent said anything to be proven wrong and I'm on prime in my 3rd week I'm also using several other products by usplabs I have no affiliation with them but I am an avid user of their products cause they WORK! if u want u can check my log its not the most detail but if you have any questions you can pm me if u like http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/121989-dmillzs-asteroid-stack.html

and if u dont want to try it then dont no one is making you do it

redrocket399

Awards
  • Established
hey,

well i all i can say is it worked for me.. sure it doesnt give you 10-20lbs of muscle, but it also doesnt have side effects and worries with it as well. which is so worth it!
Ill admit i was skeptical at first, but who isnt?
I personally gained 7lbs that stayed, and ALL my lifts went up.
So in my opinion, it works. but thats just my 2 cents

mixedup

mixedup

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
im saying that i dont want responses from the reps to say their products work. "we have a study that found an average 6 lb increase" blah blah blah... i have found no one who feels the product works. if i find a good amount of people, maybe ill change my mind and try it, but until then its doubtful from what i have heard.

maybe if you read the post i quoted for that statement, you would understand the context in which i was speaking.
Many people on here have had good results and it depends on what your looking for. You may not get HUGE results or you may not want to spend what Prime costs. but you'll never know if you dont' try for yourself. I remember when 4ad and m1t were the brunt of jokes. I know people who gained 15+ of phera and some who gained 5lbs that's an average gain of 10lbs right but the person who gained 5lb is gonna be upset and the 15lb person is gonna say phera is the greatest.

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established

You seem to like attention and drama.

mixedup

mixedup

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Won't even comment....
I agree with most of your post about the 17year getting commission and ofcourse respect right to your opinion but as some one who doesn't use USP really and tries to stay to what I know even I find the last part bring on the flaiming that does kind of seem a bit provoking.

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
its not just company reps...

and ppl who work at gnc or vitamin shop dont know anything.
On the face of it, I may not be the most objective one to respond you your question, but I will try to be as credible as I can. As a general rule, no supplement works for everyone, or even works in the same manner for everyone. PRIME is no different. For starters, as soon as the ingredient's list was released, many dismissed it as ineffective, because it included a specific extract of a novel tribulus plant. Nothing could change their opinion subsequently. Some others insisted it could not be effective because its mechanism of action was not precisely known.

Now, what was subsequently unfairly referred to as USPLabs PRIME hype, was in fact a reflection and expression of USPLabs' excitement at bringing out a product that consistently performed beyond the expectations of every single beta-tester in several directions. This so-called hype led some potential users a priori to expect miraculous results from PRIME. Given this background, any results they got from PRIME were sub-optimal in their eyes. I dare say these cases are not in the majority. As it turns out, an increasingly significant amount of users continue to report impressive results from PRIME and have indicated their commitment to use PRIME repeatedly in the future.

It is, perhaps, pertinent to mention that overwhelming feedback from users of PRIME indicates that the most effective dose lies in a range between six capsules and twelve capsules five to seven days per week (depending on body size and type, training regime and intensity, and so on), with most users getting solid results with about nine capsules daily. This realization has led, not only to the offering of special PRIME Twin-Pack sales (at NutraPlanet), but also to the designing of several effective dosage protocols, including the very popular 69 Protocol: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/company-promotions/118364-usplabs-prime-69-a.html. The objective was to make it affordable to users to dose more than six capsules a day, if deemed necessary, for better results. That approach appears to be working.

So, in conclusion, PRIME works. Yet, it may not work for everyone.

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
..... i have found no one who feels the product works.....
I am not sure where you looked and how deeply you searched, but even a cursory check here at AnabolicMinds will reveal PRIME logs. Check out Dreamweaver's and Snagency's logs and take on PRIME. These are just two examples of athletes with dialled-in training, diet, and supplementation. There are others.

russianstar

Awards
  • Established
I have used all of usp labs products and i have my favourites, like powerfull, AND P-SLIN, i loved anabolic pump but it didnt agree with me, i used prime, and it wasnt the best product ive ever used, but as a natural anabolic, i think ive used only 1 or 2 that compare, recovery was quicker, strength increased, and i felt good, i think it might be expensive, but it does work, if your diet and training are in order.
Usp labs are not like muscle tech, they dont spend money on packaging and lengthy wordy speeches, they spend the money on finding products that work, identifying plant species with special properties, and they have helped push the boundaries foward, making training and growing more enjoyable and easier to attain.

Thats all im going to say, i get annoyed by people trying to put a good company down, lazy people call those who train a lot obsessive, in the same way people try to discredit good companies because they dont know a good company even when it hits them between the eyes.

michael3435

Board Sponsor
Awards
On the face of it, I may not be the most objective one to respond you your question, but I will try to be as credible as I can. As a general rule, no supplement works for everyone, or even works in the same manner for everyone. PRIME is no different. For starters, as soon as the ingredient's list was released, many dismissed it as ineffective, because it included a specific extract of a novel tribulus plant. Nothing could change their opinion subsequently. Some others insisted it could not be effective because its mechanism of action was not precisely known.

Now, what was subsequently unfairly referred to as USPLabs PRIME hype, was in fact a reflection and expression of USPLabs' excitement at bringing out a product that consistently performed beyond the expectations of every single beta-tester in several directions. This so-called hype led some potential users a priori to expect miraculous results from PRIME. Given this background, any results they got from PRIME were sub-optimal in their eyes. I dare say these cases are not in the majority. As it turns out, an increasingly significant amount of users continue to report impressive results from PRIME and have indicated their commitment to use PRIME repeatedly in the future.

It is, perhaps, pertinent to mention that overwhelming feedback from users of PRIME indicates that the most effective dose lies in a range between six capsules and twelve capsules five to seven days per week (depending on body size and type, training regime and intensity, and so on), with most users getting solid results with about nine capsules daily. This realization has led, not only to the offering of special PRIME Twin-Pack sales (at NutraPlanet), but also to the designing of several effective dosage protocols, including the very popular 69 Protocol: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/company-promotions/118364-usplabs-prime-69-a.html. The objective was to make it affordable to users to dose more than six capsules a day, if deemed necessary, for better results. That approach appears to be working.

So, in conclusion, PRIME works. Yet, it may not work for everyone.
the reason i ask is this:

tribulus terrestris is completely useless in humans as shown by at least 6 studies on pubmed. it is effective in some animals though. now, t. aquaticus is different from t. terrestris, but the steroidal saponin profile is VERY similar. so from a scientific standpoint, either is contains steroidal saponins that work on humans, or it doesnt...

russianstar

Awards
  • Established

tribulus terrestris is completely useless in humans as shown by at least 6 studies on pubmed. it is effective in some animals though. now, t. aquaticus is different from t. terrestris, but the steroidal saponin profile is VERY similar. so from a scientific standpoint, either is contains steroidal saponins that work on humans, or it doesnt...
It does, tribulus atlas lso shows anabolic potential in humans, but its very similar in structure to terrestris, strategic would be better informed to tell you about the special extraction processes used in prime, but it was noted that it had anabolic effects in humans, look at the logs bro, humans used it here, and it worked, i used it and it worked i gained 3lb in 6 weeks, keeping my calories at maintenance, im not a usp labs rep, but if something works il fight for it.

smshannon001

smshannon001

Awards
  • Established
strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established

Tribulus Terrestris works on humans, but may not be the most potent plant extract around. Many Bulgarian athletes will challenge any study that claims Bulgarian Tribulus Terrestris does not work. PRIME, though, does not contain T. Terrestris, and anecdotal feedback has confirmed USPLabs' original postulate regarding the effectiveness of T. Aquaticus.

LOL..rigggggght.. Go into GNC, and Vitamin Shoppe and ask about Muscle Tech.. Ask the people that are SOLELY instructed to push certain products.

Secondly...This board is rampant with company reps, so should we discredit anything said here?

Here is my opinion.. PRIME is not worth the money..
You have no idea how VS and GNC works. They are not INSTRUCTED to push anything beyond the house brand and that holds true for any business.

Do companies give incentives in GNC, sure, but in VS, no sir.

PRIME is loved in the natural bodybuilding circuit, and some of the world's top natural bodybuilders and powerlifters will vouch for the supplement. I will take the word over top athletes over a person speaking aloof about understanding the back end of GNC and VS.

Those in question can buy 3 get 1 free from our website and we offer a 100% money back offer.

We just offered a 100% money back on a HUGE prime sale at NP...0 returns!

PRIME just like any supplement will have its lovers and haters. I can live with that all day but those that do not give it a go could be missing out on the best supplement ever created.

Worth the risk...

michael3435

Board Sponsor
Awards
Tribulus Terrestris works on humans, but may not be the most potent plant extract around. Many Bulgarian athletes will challenge any study that claims Bulgarian Tribulus Terrestris does not work. PRIME, though, does not contain T. Terrestris, and anecdotal feedback has confirmed USPLabs' original postulate regarding the effectiveness of T. Aquaticus.
tribulus terrestris does NOT work in humans. i can post up the multitude of studies that confirm this fact if you like?

Speechless....

Prove they are similar...

Conagher

Conagher

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You will not get a definitive answer to your question.If Prime intrigues you that much,the only way you will know for certain if it works is to try it your self.

benj851

benj851

Awards
  • Established
I've been on powerfull, was on anabolic pump but I went on ckd, and recreate... started to get better results in the gym...

a month ago I added PRIME, I get it, it might not be for everyone. My Recovery from my w/o's have gone from two days, down to less than a day, and every week I've been adding 15lbs on my squats for four weeks straight. not maxing out weight but my 6sets x 6 reps consistent weight...

Am I in the best shape, no. Could I be getting these kick ass gains without Prime, I don't think so, but I dont know for sure...

What I do know is that when I started dosing prime at 3 x3 a day my recoveries went from slow to nothing. I can blow myself every day, and go till I fail...When I use the smith machine, and the next day I can still walk with ease. This leads to more muscle growth.

so perhaps prime works because you train harder b/c of less pain and faster recovery means you go further...faster...and then can do it again. but I'm not the expert on USPLabs products. All I know is I like them, I can push myself all the way today and then again tomorrow. no other supp's have ever offered me that.

the recovery alone to me is worth the price... but the fact that I can keep lifting more helps my pride for sure!

smshannon001

smshannon001

Awards
  • Established
as a previous employee at GNC and a current one at VS, i can tell you that there is some pressure at GNC to push certain product depending on the GNC
if you are lucky enough to have one that is a franchise then they will normally be better at helping you without putting the pressure because the comission can be different or non/existant in franchise stores
as for VS, we dont really get paid much of anything and do not get comission... sure we are supposed to make around 25% VS Brand sales but that happens witout our pushing because of cheaper prices and buy one get one half off sales..
VS has more contact with company reps and since we are talking about PRIME and USPlabs, one of their reps has come in a few times to drop off samples/talk about their product and answer any questions we had that would help us help customers

benj851

benj851

Awards
  • Established
oh and I should mention that everyday I am at least 1000 cals under my matienance... I know it aint the best, but to still be able to keep going hardcore everyday? hell ya I'll chock that up to prime...

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
tribulus terrestris does NOT work in humans. i can post up the multitude of studies that confirm this fact if you like?
In one of your earlier posts, you said you did not believe in the claims of certain studies, but are now willing to accept negative Tribulus Terrestris studies. It is fine if you believe what makes you more comfortable or suits your argument. You can post the studies, if you want, but I can tell you that T. Terrestris works. T. Terrestris is hit-and-miss for some because success rate has been shown to depend on the quality of the intestinal flora of the user. This is because the T. Terrestris saponins appear to be activated by healthy intestinal flora. This is why Bulgarian Tribulus is quite effective in Bulgaria due to the relatively copious consumption there of the very healthy and well-known Bulgarian Jogurt. So, it is not a matter of coincidence that the best T. Terrestris supplements use pre-fermented steroidal saponins.

You have yet to post "research."

I hope its better than your saponin argument of it either works or does not work. Keep the comedy coming.

have you looked at the profile of each??? being from usp labs im sure you have. they are remarkably similar especially being from the same family.
You are now just acting ignorant and arrogant.

Post the research or you will go down as the kid that tells girls he has a big package but really sports a few inches.

I'm very familiar with the research because we done most of it and we extract for steroidal glycosides.

Flyboy

Flyboy

Awards
  • Established
Ignoring the usual stuff that comes with a thread like this, Just to add my experiences:

Prime didn't work for me... the only slight advantage was increased hunger, which helped me to eat a bit more, but nothing I couldn't have done without it.

Many others swear by it though, as with most things in this game it might not do anything for you or it might be worth it. You won't know unless you try!

michael3435

Board Sponsor
Awards
In one of your earlier posts, you said you did not believe in the claims of certain studies, but are now willing to accept negative Tribulus Terrestris studies. It is fine if you believe what makes you more comfortable or suits your argument. You can post the studies, if you want, but I can tell you that T. Terrestris works. T. Terrestris is hit-and-miss for some because success rate has been shown to depend on the quality of the intestinal flora of the user. This is because the T. Terrestris saponins appear to be activated by healthy intestinal flora. This is why Bulgarian Tribulus is quite effective in Bulgaria due to the relatively copious consumption there of the very healthy and well-known Bulgarian Jogurt. So, it is not a matter of coincidence that the best T. Terrestris supplements use pre-fermented steroidal saponins.
no, i dont trust studies put on by companies in order to sell a product. big difference. perhaps you should look into some of the independent studies readily available online. hell no one even has access to this "prime study"

i have never heard before what you are telling me about the t. terrestris. very interesting. what products use this pre-fermented t. terrestris.

faaipdeoiad

faaipdeoiad

Awards
this is getting ridiculous. if u dont like a product then dont buy it. end of story. the question asked cant really do anything except cause more controversy anyhow, any search will pull up 20 opinions on both sides so what kind of an answer do u expect? its getting kind of annoying to see the same arguments back and forth with the same people and the same companies.
personally i didnt notice anything on prime, but that could be for a number of reasons. (i was cutting, just got off cycle, ran a low dose, nonresponder, etc) . i used to be pretty biased too, prime and ap did nothing for me, but on the other hand jacked and powerfull worked very well (recreate wasnt bad either) i find it hard to believe a company would spend so much time pushing a product if it really was useless when they have a few that do work well. im willing to try it again but thats just because i have some left.
i dont really know my point or whether im trying to answer the question or complain about these annoying arguments taking up every other thread, but enough already.

Frank Reynolds

Frank Reynolds

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
PRIME just like any supplement will have its lovers and haters. I can live with that all day but those that do not give it a go could be missing out on the best supplement ever created.
Inversely i gave it a go, and it was one of the most worthless supplements ever created.

To each his own..

I could care less what people decide to spend their cash on. I will give my opinion on things i have tried, and people can come to their own conclusion.

Inversely i gave it a go, and it was one of the most worthless supplements ever created.

To each his own..

I could care less what people decide to spend their cash on. I will give my opinion on things i have tried, and people can come to their own conclusion.
touché

We will bring the Money Back Guarantee sale soon...

My confidence with PRIME is strong.

michael3435

Board Sponsor
Awards
You have yet to post "research."

I hope its better than your saponin argument of it either works or does not work. Keep the comedy coming.
You are now just acting ignorant and arrogant.

Post the research or you will go down as the kid that tells girls he has a big package but really sports a few inches.

I'm very familiar with the research because we done most of it and we extract for steroidal glycosides.
your the one with the burden of proof. i have seen each profile because i used to work in a botany lab and tribulus species happened to be in some of the research manuals we used.

it appears as though they are both useless given the feedback of both on various boards. i started this thread with the intent that users would post positive feedback so maybe my mind would be changed...not a rep bashing me because i have knowledge that shows your product to be doubtfully effective.

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established

To each his own..

It may not have worked for you, but it can in no way be characterized as "one of the most worthless supplements ever created". This is just a ridiculous statement. I usually do not react like this, but this is simply over-doing it!

Status
Not open for further replies.